SnapSafe, any opinions? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SnapSafe, any opinions?

Grayson
11-12-2012, 14:52
http://www.snapsafe.com/

Decent stats for the price, I really like the "one-man" option of being able to set it up and move it, even in tight spaces.

cowboy1964
03-28-2014, 09:55
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1500380&highlight=snapsafe

I still am considering one. I see now they have two larger sizes available as well.

harlenm
03-28-2014, 10:14
for the price, i'd rather just buy a regular safe from cabelas.

Kevinr20
03-28-2014, 11:05
After watching the video, all it is, is a thin metal walled gun cabinet similar to the cheap "stack-on" cabinets with a heavy 90 pound safe door.

So it looks like a real safe and has a real safe door but the rest is just thin metal with fireproofing insulation? What prevents someone from just cutting through the side or rear?

Am I missing something here?

stolenphot0
03-28-2014, 11:14
After watching the video, all it is, is a thin metal walled gun cabinet similar to the cheap "stack-on" cabinets with a heavy 90 pound safe door.

So it looks like a real safe and has a real safe door but the rest is just thin metal with fireproofing insulation? What prevents someone from just cutting through the side or rear?

Am I missing something here?
Just bring a cordless sawzall and go to town.

cbthedookie
03-28-2014, 12:13
I bought a new (non modular) safe recently. At the end of the day, I became increasingly convinced that even a 10ga box could be easily compromised with simple tools (eg a reciprocating saw and a few blades). On the ca gun owner forum, there were pics of a higher end browning that looked like it had been peeled open like a can of sardines.

My point? I think all RSCs provide a very modest level of protection, be it these or the highly recommended concrete lined amsec BF series. It may take 5 minutes vs 20 minutes to cut into, but if someone breaks into your home and you aren't there, probably won't make a difference.

I stayed away from the modulars (Dakota, snap safe) as they felt cheaply constructed and finished. But I also spent less than I expected for my rsc based on my local crime rates at the fact that I don't have "heirlooms" I'm protecting.

Good luck in choosing what is right for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dhoomonyou
03-28-2014, 19:59
Hide them wherever the voices say to.

IndyGunFreak
03-28-2014, 20:58
for the price, i'd rather just buy a regular safe from cabelas.

I'd not seen any previous threads on this, but it's certainly an interesting idea... but I agree w/ harlenm. I was expecting some big discount over other safes because it had to be "assembled"... but their smallest safe is a little over 1k w/ shipping. I guess if the ability to disassemble it is really that important, it might be ok.

Be easier to just go to Dick's, Gander Mountain, or Cabelas, and get a safe in your price range.