Prices going up. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Prices going up.

I Shooter
11-12-2012, 14:54
I was going to place an order for some stuff from Midway before the election and most of the stuff I was going to buy was discounted.

I put placing the order off because my Son is coming in and I know we will be using some stuff. Mostly bullets. So I was going to place my order after he went off to Afghanistan.

Today I went to add some stuff to the order to find that every thing that was discounted was no longer discounted. The bullets I ordered went up by seven dolors, other stuff went up by a dolor or two. I took the bullets off the order and placed it before the stuff went up even higher. Have any of you ran into this yet?

Kwesi
11-12-2012, 17:18
I ran into it at Grafs this past weekend. I was going to order a 12K brick of Fiocchi SPP's and an hour later they went up $30!

seed
11-12-2012, 17:26
It will pass. After all the people who are scared run out of money due to high prices while fulfilling their needs prematurely and or out of pace compared to normal times, the demand will slow to a crawl and the prices will fall again...for a time, even below pre-election prices.

SARDG
11-12-2012, 17:35
I don't think bullets from Midway are the way to go anyway - but my Montana Golds, direct from them, went up $10/3000 last week.

fredj338
11-12-2012, 17:45
It will pass. After all the people who are scared run out of money due to high prices while fulfilling their needs prematurely and or out of pace compared to normal times, the demand will slow to a crawl and the prices will fall again...for a time, even below pre-election prices.

Oh sure they will. Just like 08??? No, prices never came back down, they actually went up. Right after the 08 election, I was able to buy CCI primers for $106/5K from Graf's. The US weak $$ is part of the problem, not just re electing the idiot&chief, & that is NOT getting better going forward. So expect higher prices on anything commodity based. Buy now if you can IMO, prices will not get better, availabiltiy maybe, but cost, nope. Gas, food, ammo, everything goes up when the $$ goes down.

cfec2008
11-12-2012, 17:59
I hate reading stuff like this. Its so depressing. Shooting, reloading, and hunting are my favorite hobbies. And all three of these things just keep getting higher and higher. I cant believe America put Obama back in office. It all just makes me sick.

I Shooter
11-12-2012, 18:54
SARDG I don't keep more than 500 bullets extra on hand for each rifle. I try and keep 500 live rounds for each rifle.

When I shoot one of my rifles I put may be fifty or sixty rounds through it. Then when I place an order I will order one hundred rounds to replace them. I place an order about every two to three months. That is how I have been doing it for years and it works for me. That makes it a lot of little hits instead of one big one every year. That's how I keep up my stock.

I don't have enough space to store thousands of rounds in my house. I have enough trouble finding places to store what I do stock.

gunowner1
11-12-2012, 18:55
I'm taking the hour and a half ride up to Space Coast Bullets in Melbourne,Florida tomorrow to stock up. I really hope they have everything I want.

SARDG
11-12-2012, 19:35
SARDG I don't keep more than 500 bullets extra on hand for each rifle...

I don't have enough space to store thousands of rounds in my house. I have enough trouble finding places to store what I do stock.
Things like toilet paper and food take up a lot of room - get rid of space-wasting commodities like those and you'll gain some valuable storage space. :)

njl
11-12-2012, 20:46
Things like toilet paper and food take up a lot of room - get rid of space-wasting commodities like those and you'll gain some valuable storage space. :)

That's what the dead space inside the roll of TP is for. I wonder how many rounds can be stuffed into an 18 pack of Charmin?

DeLo
11-12-2012, 21:56
I'm taking the hour and a half ride up to Space Coast Bullets in Melbourne,Florida tomorrow to stock up. I really hope they have everything I want.
Keep us posted on them, I live within an 1 hour too; thinking about making the trip.

dkf
11-12-2012, 22:15
That's what the dead space inside the roll of TP is for. I wonder how many rounds can be stuffed into an 18 pack of Charmin?

You just got to cut down on TP use altogether. Come on man save the trees.

http://youtu.be/LEBt84BP84g

jmorris
11-13-2012, 08:51
History shows us that unless it's a tech product prices generally always go up.

History also shows us, when your dollar looses its value prices skyrocket. I remember paying $4500 pesos for a bag of chips.

If your Government borrows trillions of dollars from China they have an interest in having it worth nothing when they have to pay it back.

fredj338
11-13-2012, 10:16

A wise old soldier once told me all he needed was ammo, water & TP. I stock accordingly.:supergrin: