Today is the dreaded day [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Today is the dreaded day

certifiedfunds
11-12-2012, 14:11
Mrs. Certified ordered me to bring down her mountain of Christmas decorations from the attic and upload the mountain of Halloween decorations to the attic.

Haven't counted yet but I'm estimating 60-ish rubbermaid containers for Christmas (down) and 25 ish for Halloween (up).

Still, bringing them down is much better than uploading them after New Year when all the holiday spirit is gone.

Maybe she'll make me a sammich when finished

MLM
11-12-2012, 15:05
What happened to Thanksgiving? Don't you celebrate Thanksgiving?

certifiedfunds
11-12-2012, 15:09

Just hauling them down. A decoratin' lady comes this week to put some of it up. I have to stage it for her. I don't ask questions.

BEER
11-12-2012, 15:12
my current Girl couldn't care less about decorating the house for holidays. as long as the stove is working so she can bake she's good. she loves the holidays and all that, just not all the decorating.

she does seem to enjoy her mistletoe belt buckle though.

BAILIFF
11-12-2012, 15:13
It's not just me. Thank God.

Cinic
11-12-2012, 15:17
I hate trying to get the christmas tree back in the attic. Least wonderful time of the year.

Grayson
11-12-2012, 15:27

Hey, Wal-Mart had Christmas up aaaat...let's see, it was late September, or early October at the LATEST this year. I've seen houses around here with Christmas lights up and on before Halloween! :faint:

JerryVO
11-12-2012, 15:27
I feel your pain. My weekend will be filled with the same fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Breadman03
11-12-2012, 15:30
my current Girl couldn't care less about decorating the house for holidays. as long as the stove is working so she can bake she's good. she loves the holidays and all that, just not all the decorating.

:cool:

Bushflyr
11-12-2012, 15:37

:rofl:

TK-421
11-12-2012, 15:51

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1084_501535783201135_1277268029_n.jpg

MLM
11-12-2012, 15:57
Doesn't anybody set out Thanksgiving decorations anymore?

Gallium
11-12-2012, 16:03

Yeah, it's called "hunting gear" for the start of deer hunting season.

certifiedfunds
11-15-2012, 21:29
Tree is up

not decorated but it's assembled and lit

I **** you not

Its like living at Wal Mart

geofri
11-15-2012, 21:47
Tree is up

not decorated but it's assembled and lit

I **** you not

Its like living at Wal Mart
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'd be sick of Christmas before Thanksgiving was even here!

certifiedfunds
11-15-2012, 22:19
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'd be sick of Christmas before Thanksgiving was even here!

I'll level with ya. Mrs. C has these ladies she hires to come decorate for the seasons. The kicker is these ladies book up so Mrs. C has to get a spot on their calendar. This year her spot is this week which is too damn early. I have to have everything ready for when they get here.

This house has 13' ceilings. The first year we lived here she bought a live 13' tree. My dad and I had to haul it in. If that thing wasn't 350lbs of sap and pine needles it wasn't a pound. It about killed us. Now she's got an artificial tree and I lose my religion trying to get it all hooked up and assembled. Had to assemble it twice tonite to get it right. I hope baby Jesus had his earmuffs on for that. It was supposed to be a 12' tree but the top foot or so curves up against the ceiling so I don't know what their plan is for that.

jame
11-15-2012, 22:38
Mine will probably be up by this weekend. She really goes nuts at Christmas, and now with 2 grandkids, I guess that's OK.

certifiedfunds
11-15-2012, 22:41
Mine will probably be up by this weekend. She really goes nuts at Christmas, and now with 2 grandkids, I guess that's OK.

Every weekend after Tgiving she has us booked up.

Christmas Tea
Pancakes with Santa
Santa's Workshop
Santapalooza

You name it. It gets a little thick but honestly the kids will be past it all in just a couple short years and I will probably miss it and wish I could roll back time.

janice6
11-15-2012, 22:44

The classiest decorations will always stand the test of time.

TK-421
11-15-2012, 23:15

Christmas Tea
Pancakes with Santa
Santa's Workshop
Santapalooza

You name it. It gets a little thick but honestly the kids will be past it all in just a couple short years and I will probably miss it and wish I could roll back time.

Just tell your kids to hurry up and have grandkids so you can do it all over again, once you start missing it. :tongueout:

certifiedfunds
11-16-2012, 05:33
Just tell your kids to hurry up and have grandkids so you can do it all over again, once you start missing it. :tongueout:

The oldest one is only 7 so she's not allowed to date boys for another 23 years. Its gonna be awhile.

Peace Warrior
11-16-2012, 05:35
... I don't ask questions.
You'll stay happily married with that stratagem sir. Good call. :cool:

svtpwnz
11-16-2012, 05:46

Must be nice! My wife can't boil water! Where did you get this mistletoe belt buckle that you speak of? :whistling:

FLglockdude
11-16-2012, 07:54

:rofl::rofl:

BEER
11-16-2012, 09:48
Must be nice! My wife can't boil water! Where did you get this mistletoe belt buckle that you speak of? :whistling:

you can order them online.

okie
11-16-2012, 09:50
Good luck my friend, I hope it goes quickly:supergrin:

Buki192327
11-16-2012, 19:50
Who runs things at your house?

*ASH*
11-16-2012, 20:02
would a lego mistletoe belt buckle work :whistling::supergrin:

and i dread it as well .

few days after thanksgiving tons of stuff go up .

ithaca_deerslayer
11-16-2012, 21:09
The oldest one is only 7 so she's not allowed to date boys for another 23 years. Its gonna be awhile.

Hey, my son is 7.

How many acres will your daughter inherit?

jame
11-16-2012, 21:10

Christmas Tea
Pancakes with Santa
Santa's Workshop
Santapalooza

I wish I would have understood that as a young man, and now I'm playing catch up. I'm heartened that you understand the importance of enjoying Christmas with the kids. Make it last as long as you can, Brother.

TK-421
11-16-2012, 21:37

PLEASE don't let her grow up to be like this. :rofl:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/538915_272709392841945_889791418_n.jpg

CAcop
11-16-2012, 22:30
Reminds me of Santa Clarita. I visited a buddy down there and it looks as if everybody had the same last name. Griswold.

One of his wife's friends, who was silicone from the knees up, hired people with a crane to put lights all the way up the palm tree in her front yard. It was so de rigueur even the Jews put up lights.

Folsom_Prison
11-16-2012, 22:47
A PBR can tower for a tree, illuminated by a streamlight. A vast arangement of colored 200 mph tape holding up the different curtains and if I'm lucky sissy will be out in the yard trying to slash the tires on my trailer!

NeverMore1701
11-16-2012, 22:59
A PBR can tower for a tree, illuminated by a streamlight. A vast arangement of colored 200 mph tape holding up the different curtains and if I'm lucky sissy will be out in the yard trying to slash the tires on my trailer!

Will your hot cousin be wearing her sexy santa outfit for you?

Folsom_Prison
11-16-2012, 23:07
Will your hot cousin be wearing her sexy santa outfit for you?

Shes gotta get the pilgrim outfit out of the way next week first, priorities bud, priorities!!

NeverMore1701
11-16-2012, 23:41
Shes gotta get the pilgrim outfit out of the way next week first, priorities bud, priorities!!

Not my fault if I don't know how you backwards hill jacks do it :tongueout:

rolltide_pisco
11-16-2012, 23:43
My sister puts up her tree in October. I get to spend the next month and a half with my Dad and sister sending me texts of quotes from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

"Surprised Eddie? If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be as surprised as I am."

Folsom_Prison
11-16-2012, 23:52
Not my fault if I don't know how you backwards hill jacks do it :tongueout:

I gotta be careful this year! Last year when we kicked boots she got kinky and brought in the rusty pliers and mini shovel, I let my guard down after the passion.

After the heat of the moment when she said she was goin to the Winn Dixie to buy me a pack of cowboy killers I took a second glance and she was trying to make her way out the back of the trailer with my Bravia!

She's kin, but I'm not sure how much I can trust her!

NeverMore1701
11-16-2012, 23:54
I gotta be careful this year! Last year when we kicked boots she got kinky and brought in the rusty pliers and mini shovel, I let my guard down after the passion.

After the heat of the moment when she said she was goin to the Winn Dixie to buy me a pack of cowboy killers I took a second glance and she was trying to make her way out the back of the trailer with my Bravia!

She's kin, but I'm not sure how much I can trust her!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

rednoved
11-17-2012, 00:36
I put my tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. I hate Christmas decorations these days, just because of the tedious process of getting them out of the attic and putting them up after the holiday. I think I had some stuff out until February last Christmas. :rofl:

Dennis in MA
11-17-2012, 13:57
Whew. Thought you were heading to get snipped, CF.

Yo! My inflatable turkey has been out since the first!

I put my tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. I hate Christmas decorations these days, just because of the tedious process of getting them out of the attic and putting them up after the holiday. I think I had some stuff out until February last Christmas. :rofl:

I'm scaling back. My son won't be happy. I may sell my Cathoic-Church-sized manger set next year.