A Question for Urban Officers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A Question for Urban Officers

MGGLOCK9
11-12-2012, 16:33
My wife's hospital closed its city block square urban building recently and relocated to a new suburban campus.

Unfortunately, her homecare/home hospice division, located in a former private home across a narrow street on the north side of the hospital did not move. On the south side is a large high crime high drug sale area. The hospital always served to keep 2 different neighborhoods separate.

Now the streets and a small park on hospital grounds are deserted. Other than covering all ground floor and second floor windows with polymer sheeting, nothing has been done to the old building.

The hospice nurses, who work all hours of the day/night had voiced concerns about their safety-but were told 'constant" security patrols would sweep the area.

Well, weeks have passed and no one has seen a security patrol.

My question-isn't this a dangerous situation-isn't the deserted block prone to attract criminals and homeless??

cowboywannabe
11-12-2012, 16:37
My wife's hospital closed its city block square urban building recently and relocated to a new suburban campus.

Unfortunately, her homecare/home hospice division, located in a former private home across a narrow street on the north side of the hospital did not move. On the south side is a large high crime high drug sale area. The hospital always served to keep 2 different neighborhoods separate.

Now the streets and a small park on hospital grounds are deserted. Other than covering all ground floor and second floor windows with polymer sheeting, nothing has been done to the old building.

The hospice nurses, who work all hours of the day/night had voiced concerns about their safety-but were told 'constant" security patrols would sweep the area.

Well, weeks have passed and no one has seen a security patrol.

My question-isn't this a dangerous situation-isn't the deserted block prone to attract criminals and homeless??

yes...

blueiron
11-12-2012, 16:47
It certainly is.

RocPO
11-12-2012, 17:34
Yep. Especially once they find out that its a victim rich area.

MGGLOCK9
11-12-2012, 18:02
The nurses go in and out of the office to visit the homes of the terminally ill-so they frequently carry narcotic drugs.

The sign on the building identifies what it is..so it does not take much thought to figure it out....

scottydl
11-12-2012, 22:28
Your wife and the other employees need to CONSTANTLY bug the hospital administration about their discontent. If enough people chime in, the admin will do something (not sure what it might be, but something). If nobody really complains, except to each other, then I'm sure the admins will ignore the potential risk.

If/when area problems ARE observed, make sure the local PD is informed about it often. They may or may not have the resources to address the issue immediately, but at least it'll be on record.