Folks who claim to be, when they're not [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Folks who claim to be, when they're not

Pages : [1] 2 3

wprebeck
11-13-2012, 01:02
So, it seems there's yet another one who says he's one of us, but isn't. After searching for his username thru 7 pages of Google, because he claimed to be a member of three other LE boards, I can only conclude the following:

He uses a different username for those boards, or

Doesn't have enough posts in those boards to be statistically significant enough to be included in the Google search, or

He's not a sworn law enforcement officer.

Further anecdotal evidence includes the same username and location used on multiple forums. Also, wouldn't a cop know about how a bench warrant is issued, and not ask a forum for divorced fathers, much less be forced to call multiple agencies to check on the aforementioned warrant? Hell, I'm just a jail officer, and can answer that question.

Anyway, I hereby request an official ORI check from said individual ... :whistling:

ADDED ON 11/18 -

Upon request...forward to page 26 if you don't wish to read the entire thread. Someone gets busted out, pics and all.

Sharky7
11-13-2012, 01:31
Yep...I ain't buying it. We got a few good post investigators here - I am sure someone will come up with some obvious contradictions from posting history.

blueiron
11-13-2012, 01:54
Inquiring minds want to know...

CanIhaveGasCash
11-13-2012, 01:59
Sounds like I missed something good.

wprebeck
11-13-2012, 02:06
www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451955

Thread is locked, but if you go into about page 8, you'll see what the hubbub is all about.

CanIhaveGasCash
11-13-2012, 02:13
www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451955 (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451955)

Thread is locked, but if you go into about page 8, you'll see what the hubbub is all about.

I see how I missed it... it was in GNG :rofl:

Ohio Cop
11-13-2012, 02:49
ORI's solve everything...jussayin

wprebeck
11-13-2012, 03:35

So does an appearance on a national TV show - (shameless plug alert)

I had some camera time on this past week's episode of Lockup. Actually, I've been in every episode thus far, but my "interview" was on this week's show.

NEOH212
11-13-2012, 03:36
Folks who claim to be, when they're not

What! Right here on GT!

What nerve! That never happens around here!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ohio Cop
11-13-2012, 03:40

I had some camera time on this past week's episode of Lockup. Actually, I've been in every episode thus far, but my "interview" was on this week's show.

PM me with the info. I'd really like to check that out.

I don't watch lockup or anything like that on my own, I've lived it enough ;)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Ohio Cop
11-13-2012, 03:40
What! Right here on GT!

What nerve! That never happens around here!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That?

Never.

ClydeG19
11-13-2012, 03:44
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/nittanylion97_01/Jackson_popcorn.gif

CLoft239
11-13-2012, 05:02
www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451955

Holy crap I'm so glad I decided to do some reading before racking out. That was awesome.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Panzergrenadier1979
11-13-2012, 06:49
www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451955 (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451955)

That needs to be unlocked asap! Too much fun to make it stop.... :crying:

indigent
11-13-2012, 08:52
Chock full of pure greatness........

Dragoon44
11-13-2012, 09:29
To my knowledge the person in question has claimed simply to be a "Deputy". That would include the position of Deputy Jailer which is most likely what he is.

He exhibits the classic Disgruntled Deputy Jailer attitude with a chip on his shoulder about road officers. I have seen that behavior on a number of forums where instead of clarifying their position they instead remain vague simply claiming to be a "LEO" or a "Deputy" and while they are often indeed both they try to make it seem as though they are a road officer.

In much of the South Deputy Jailers are full sworn full time LEO's. there is no difference in their full time fully sworn status. the only difference is where they are assigned.

Edit to add- it is not at all uncommon in rural areas in the South for Deputy Jailers to also get some road time now and then to fill in when there is a need.

Rabbi
11-13-2012, 09:39
I just want to show up to this thread.

CJStudent
11-13-2012, 09:40
PM me with the info. I'd really like to check that out.

I don't watch lockup or anything like that on my own, I've lived it enough ;)

Same here!

Dragoon44
11-13-2012, 09:44
I just want to show up to this thread.

Just so you can claim to be a poster no doubt!

:tongueout::rofl:

isp2605
11-13-2012, 09:47
Some places a county sheriff and deputies are just a process server for the court and maintains the jail. They may or may not have any power of arrest. A person saying they are a "deputy" may mean all they do is serve court orders. They may wear a uniform or maybe not, they may be armed or not, they may have arrest powers or maybe not. The county will also have sheriff police which are the actual LE for the county. 2 completely different offices with 2 completely different roles.
Someone saying they are a sheriff's deputy is like someone saying they are an auxilary or reserve. Unless you know what the statutory role is of sheriff's deputy (same as with auxilary or reserve) they may or may not be a sworn LEO.

Rabbi
11-13-2012, 09:51
Just so you can claim to be a poster no doubt!

:tongueout::rofl:

Well, if you paid attention you would know I was a, that thing, you are talking about. I was there...at some point. Like that. My Astronaut buddies, stuff. You know.

Take that.

Rabbi
11-13-2012, 09:53
Some places a county sheriff and deputies are just a process server for the court and maintains the jail. They may or may not have any power of arrest. A person saying they are a "deputy" may mean all they do is serve court orders. They may wear a uniform or maybe not, they may be armed or not, they may have arrest powers or maybe not. The county will also have sheriff police which are the actual LE for the county. 2 completely different offices with 2 completely different roles.
Someone saying they are a sheriff's deputy is like someone saying they are an auxilary or reserve. Unless you know what the statutory role is of sheriff's deputy (same as with auxilary or reserve) they may or may not be a sworn LEO.

I dont know what is true but he will NOT answer the question "Are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?" He flat out wont answer. He will say he WAS *sworn* and a Deputy.

His language is carefully crafted and vague.

DaBigBR
11-13-2012, 10:02
I've scoured the thread for about 8 seconds, but since I have my posts per page set higher than default, I'm not sure who we're talking about.

A little help...

Never mind, I found it.

RussP
11-13-2012, 10:04
That needs to be unlocked asap! Too much fun to make it stop.... :crying:Won't be reopened.

Threads like that are troll-magnets once members of law enforcement join in the discussion. Trolls have one goal. They want to draw the other side into pissing contests. Then they hope to get someone so upset they violate the rules and earn an infraction or get the thread closed.

And, honestly, some of you trip all over your own feet rushing to fulfill the trolls' dreams. Yeah, sometimes it's very hard not to, right?

As to whether someone is credentialed or not, hey, they usually trip up sooner or later.

It is funny that going up their storybook ladder, every time challenged they up their experience and qualifications.

golls17
11-13-2012, 10:05
I've scoured the thread for about 8 seconds, but since I have my posts per page set higher than default, I'm not sure who we're talking about.

A little help...

Starts in posts around the 170s and goes from there...

RussP
11-13-2012, 10:07
A curiously worded post on another forum:I own 12 firearms, 3 of which are an AK-47, AR-15, and Mini-14...all high-powered rifles. Every day when I wake up, I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be getting into a shootout with police. How? I don't go around shooting at people.Interesting that is his reason for not shooting at police.

Dragoon44
11-13-2012, 10:12
pssssssst everyone, that guy that claims he is a moderator is posting.

Hi Russ!

:supergrin::wavey:

TBO
11-13-2012, 10:19
He said in other threads he got out of Le because he couldn't take what LE is (enforcing laws he doesn't agree with)

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

SGT HATRED
11-13-2012, 10:23

TBO
11-13-2012, 10:32
Don't bite.

isp2605
11-13-2012, 10:44
He said in other threads he got out of Le because he couldn't take what LE is (enforcing laws he doesn't agree with)

Translation: "I quit before they could fire me."

blueiron
11-13-2012, 11:01
Visiting that thread was akin to walking into a Short Bus Door Gunner convention. :rollingeyes:

rockapede
11-13-2012, 11:06
Visiting that thread was akin to walking into a Short Bus Door Gunner convention. :rollingeyes:

He was definitely flinging a lot of poo :whistling:

RussP
11-13-2012, 11:33
:wavey:pssssssst everyone, that guy that claims he is a moderator is posting.

Hi Russ!

:supergrin::wavey:Somebody has to come in here and get into y'alls faces when you go out onto the playground and let bullies taunt you into getting into trouble...:cool:

BMG22
11-13-2012, 12:21

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Unistat
11-13-2012, 12:25

To my knowledge the person in question has claimed simply to be a "Deputy". That would include the position of Deputy Jailer which is most likely what he is.

He exhibits the classic Disgruntled Deputy Jailer attitude with a chip on his shoulder about road officers...

If Dragoon is right, an ORI would not help. I'm a completely non-sworn, non-badged (don't even have a number), non-academy jailer at a local city jail and I see our ORI every time I print an arrest.

TBO
11-13-2012, 12:33
He's certainly never exhibited any real knowledge about LE, so perhaps a stint as a part-time jailer is it.
I thought possibly some kind of Sheriff's Rescue Squad (volunteer), or a volunteer of some kind (Deluty/Constable).

No way what we consider a "Cop", just too lacking in even basic knowledge.

beatcop
11-13-2012, 13:45
I called a guy out on one time...he failed to engage on any level (ORI...whuz dat?, etc), but he had "friends", so I was the turd. Moral of the story is that a barely moderated site (AR15.com) develops a lot of 13 yr old experts and cop haters, so don't lose any sleep over it.

I think I see MTPD over there....lol

RyanNREMTP
11-13-2012, 13:50
That was an interesting thread. I wonder what other forums he frequents.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.

TBO
11-13-2012, 13:51
Yeah, there's no shortage of sites where folks claim to be current/former LE (yet exhibit little to no real LE knowledge, much less that of an experienced veteran.

Too bad LEF got bought up, it was one of the few LE boards to vet those claiming LE status.

GRIMLET
11-13-2012, 14:04
I called a guy out on one time...he failed to engage on any level (ORI...whuz dat?, etc), but he had "friends", so I was the turd. Moral of the story is that a barely moderated site (AR15.com) develops a lot of 13 yr old experts and cop haters, so don't lose any sleep over it.

There are way too many shoot a cop in the face types that also try to ingratiate themselves with leos on AR15.com. Or there used to be a few years ago anyway.

Dragoon44
11-13-2012, 15:15
:wavey:Somebody has to come in here and get into y'alls faces when you go out onto the playground and let bullies taunt you into getting into trouble...:cool:

Awww, we wuz just creating joinder with those dip....err....shi......errr........mouthbreathers!

:cool::supergrin::wavey:

trdvet
11-13-2012, 15:22
I AM A MEAT POPSICLE

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/trdvet/fifthelement23xw.jpg

trdvet
11-13-2012, 15:23

ar15.com has a vetted LEO forum now. Really cuts down on all the BS.

txleapd
11-13-2012, 15:56
I'm Batman.

Morris
11-13-2012, 15:57
User name starts with a T, right? Surfed the thread before my head started hurting.

Rabbi
11-13-2012, 16:14

I did not know that! Cool.

RyanNREMTP
11-13-2012, 16:18
I'm Batman.

Actually I'm Batman. Just not the one that gets arrested all the time.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.

Kingarthurhk
11-13-2012, 16:57

LOL. If I quit everytime a stupid policy came down, I would have been gone years ago.

Ohio Cop
11-13-2012, 17:11
I smell a bust out...

blueiron
11-13-2012, 17:25
LOL. If I quit everytime a stupid policy came down, I would have been gone years ago.

Like snowflakes falling from the heavens, policy builds and builds forming a thickening blanket of insular administration stupid, only to be released into an avalanche of stupidity that will cause you to leave in disgust from your agency.

It is known as retirement and the relief is total.

:supergrin:

Thumpernator
11-13-2012, 17:52
I think that guy really is a Deputy,,,, a Junior Deputy that is. I found where he got his Certificate.

http://www.cachesheriff.com/kids/JrDeputy.htm

Proud Father of of a LEO.

steveksux
11-13-2012, 18:27
ORI's solve everything...jussayinhttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8889/ori11ot0.jpg:tongueout::rofl:

Randy

DustyJacket
11-13-2012, 18:42
If Dragoon is right, an ORI would not help. ....... I see our ORI every time I print an arrest.

It kinda depends when you were in.

I started in 1977 ( we had 150MHZ AM radios, and patrolmen had to come in and spell the dispatcher for potty and lunch breaks.) and left my last department April Fool's day, 1990. (Auspicious, ain't it?)

There was probably an ORI on NCIC/CCIC printouts, but I'll be darned if I ever cared or even looked at it. If someone asked, I wouldn't have a clue.

I even had to run the computer terminal when relieving the dispatcher, but he/she always had it logged in.

Now, with all that newfangled high-tech stuff y'all probably use that stuff all the time.

Mayhem like Me
11-13-2012, 19:21

You will see my mug in the 2013 glock annual along with a few of my fellow SWAT members..and an interview... :whistling:

isp2605
11-13-2012, 19:26
Some people are pretty niave if you think just knowing an ORI is proof someone is a LEO. Do a websearch on "ORI" and "law enforcement". You can easily get the ORI for just about any agency.

Kingarthurhk
11-13-2012, 19:44
Like snowflakes falling from the heavens, policy builds and builds forming a thickening blanket of insular administration stupid, only to be released into an avalanche of stupidity that will cause you to leave in disgust from your agency.

It is known as retirement and the relief is total.

If only I could retire. I would be gone in a heart beat.

Kingarthurhk
11-13-2012, 19:45
Some people are pretty niave if you think just knowing an ORI is proof someone is a LEO. Do a websearch on "ORI" and "law enforcement". You can easily get the ORI for just about any agency.

You will typically only find an ORI on a finger print card or an NCIC.

Dragoon44
11-13-2012, 19:55
You will see my mug in the 2013 glock annual along with a few of my fellow SWAT members..and an interview... :whistling:

Is that why the 2013 issue is coming in a brown wrapper as not to frighten women and children?

:tongueout::rofl::wavey:

Mayhem like Me
11-13-2012, 20:04
Is that why the 2013 issue is coming in a brown wrapper as not to frighten women and children?

I would recommend it all ur wimmens iz mine.........:shocked:

cowboywannabe
11-13-2012, 20:10
Folks who claim to be, when they're not

I think im special, but i find out everyday im not. but i can still think it cant i?

BMG22
11-13-2012, 20:26
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8889/ori11ot0.jpg:tongueout::rofl:

Randy

I'll take your prior, and raise you the Odyssey...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100203064933/stargate/images/2/20/Odyssey_beam_weapons.jpg

blueiron
11-13-2012, 20:29

They are on my State's accident form, the State arrest disposition form, our booking forms, and the like. Pretty common for us, though I can barely recall the Fed one I used to know.

The more an agency is automated, I would suspect that it would be needed less. Feds use it less than State or locals do.

CLoft239
11-13-2012, 20:34
They are on my State's accident form, the State arrest disposition form, our booking forms, and the like. Pretty common for us, though I can barely recall the Fed one I used to know.

The more an agency is automated, I would suspect that it would be needed less. Feds use it less than State or locals do.

Same here, including each individual citation in our citation books.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

isp2605
11-13-2012, 20:44
If you think ORIs are top secret and that the only place a person can get an ORI is from a fingerprint card or NCIC then you're pretty naive and/or inexperienced. Think again. Do the web search for "ORI" and "law enforcement". You find agency webpages where they list their ORI. You'll find informational websites where ORIs are listed. But the listing is open to anyone with a computer at the National Archives of Criminal Justice Data. Any kid with a computer can come up with an ORI and the agency name.
Do you want to pass yourself off as a LEO from PA and someone asks for your ORI to verify you're legit? What PA dept do you want to be from? Pick any of them.
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NACJD/ORIs/PAoris.html
Don't know anything about PA but want to look lke you're from KS?
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NACJD/ORIs/KSoris.html
Or you claim you're a LEO from TX and you can prove it because you know your dept's ORI?
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NACJD/ORIs/TXoris.html

Any other town, county, state, or agency you want to use an ORI as "proof" you're legit? They're all listed here.
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NACJD/ORIs/STATESoris.jsp

Police-L has been around since 1994 or a bit earlier. LEO verification is required and the list owner contacts the person's agency to verify employment before access is granted. Even with that a phony was recently outted. He had written articles for various LEO type publications and pulled the scam on a number of agencies. Wrote articles for NLEOMF. He had passed himself of as a LEO from Dearborn MI and Inkster MI. Got caught in FL passing himself off as a LEO wearing the MI uniform and people started investigating. Total phony that fooled a lot of people but he eventually got caught.
http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/05/23/drop-the-photo-or-ill-shoot.aspx
A phony wearing a uniform and badge that he made himself.
He tried scamming a fundraiser:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jim-donahue-1/jamesdonahue
Here's what he looks like without his phony police uniform but wearing jail clothing.
http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/James_Donahue_5416686/

beatcop
11-13-2012, 20:45

I wasn't impressed...honestly, the majority of the place looks like turd central. I've come to the conclusion it's not worth it, too many idiots.

RussP
11-13-2012, 21:19
Awww, we wuz just creating joinder with those dip....err....shi......errr........mouthbreathers!

:cool::supergrin::wavey:Ya know, maybe there should be something like Rush does on Fridays, "Open Topic Friday on Cop Talk", say from 0900 to 2100. Invite all the GNGers in to talk about their favorite LE topics, and, as long as they stay within perhaps a more liberal interpretation of GT Rules, there would be a free exchange of ideas.

:cool:

Sgt127
11-13-2012, 21:24
Or you claim you're a LEO from TX and you can prove it because you know your dept's ORI?

I was pretty sure I knew what ours was, we used to have to put it on the family violence sheets, maybe we still do, but, its been years since I filled one out. But, seeing the number, it looks familiar. :)

ClydeG19
11-13-2012, 21:27
Wow, I'm surprised ORI's aren't kept quite as confidential as I thought. I just searched and found an excel spreadsheet with all of them for AZ. The few I know off the top of my head are correct. Still, most of the time, people won't know wtf an ori is.

Is this the same guy that claimed to be an MMA fighter about a year back? I searched, but it looks like the GT database got dumped at some point. He's got one post about how he trains with some photoshopped looking pics of "himself" in one thread. He also identifies himself as a leo back in March in a thread about the most overpaid professions.

isp2605
11-13-2012, 21:32
Wow, I'm surprised ORI's aren't kept quite as confidential as I thought. I just searched and found an excel spreadsheet with all of them for AZ. The few I know off the top of my head are correct. Still, most of the time, people won't know wtf an ori is.
They've been freely available on the internet to anyone who can do a simple websearch. The National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (National Institute of Justice) has had the list on the internet for years.

Dragoon44
11-13-2012, 21:44
Ya know, maybe there should be something like Rush does on Fridays, "Open Topic Friday on Cop Talk", say from 0900 to 2100. Invite all the GNGers in to talk about their favorite LE topics, and, as long as they stay within perhaps a more liberal interpretation of GT Rules, there would be a free exchange of ideas.

Yeah cuz were so open minded and all.

:rofl::rofl::supergrin:

blueiron
11-13-2012, 21:59
Ya know, maybe there should be something like Rush does on Fridays, "Open Topic Friday on Cop Talk", say from 0900 to 2100. Invite all the GNGers in to talk about their favorite LE topics, and, as long as they stay within perhaps a more liberal interpretation of GT Rules, there would be a free exchange of ideas.

Can I go to the women's forum and post misogynistic rants?

blueiron
11-13-2012, 22:06
They've been freely available on the internet to anyone who can do a simple websearch.

I have unilaterally decided that all Fed, State, County, and local LE retirees should use the Canal Zone ORI as proof of affiliation.

Like the Canal Zone, we too no longer exist.

GRIMLET
11-13-2012, 22:10

Is this the same guy that claimed to be an MMA fighter about a year back? I searched, but it looks like the GT database got dumped at some point. He's got one post about how he trains with some photoshopped looking pics of "himself" in one thread. He also identifies himself as a leo back in March in a thread about the most overpaid professions.

Yes, thats him. Its sad. He seemed like a nice enough guy.

steveksux
11-13-2012, 22:40

:cool:And...... there goes the neighborhood... :supergrin:

Randy

Dragoon44
11-13-2012, 22:46
And...... there goes the neighborhood... :supergrin:

Randy

How much worse can it get after you showed up?

Morris
11-13-2012, 22:49
Popcorn popped . . . . just waiting for the screen name. :)

Sharky7
11-13-2012, 23:11
http://rgifs.gifbin.com/112009/1257946416_banana_man.gif

Al Czervik
11-13-2012, 23:17
road officers.

they are a road officer.

it is not at all uncommon in rural areas in the South for Deputy Jailers to also get some road time

Just following these epically linked threads. And, BTW, someone had to mention "road officers."

collim1
11-14-2012, 00:09
Our ORI is on the defendant copy of every citation we issue. Its also at the top of the page of every offense report, traffic crash report, and arrest report. All public information.

Our ORI used to the security code to get into the jail. Never thought that was real safe, and they changed it several years back.

BlackPaladin
11-14-2012, 00:34
A lot of "us" could be fakes I guess, only a couple of people here know who I am (nothing special btw). I just trust very few, even though I have a GREAT amount of respect for most who post on CT. I guess if it really mattered, I could find a way to prove it.

There is no doubt however, that the person that we are all thinking of in this thread, is truly not "one of us".

Pepper45
11-14-2012, 01:22
Another forum doesn't vet everyone claiming LE status. But if alarm bells start going off, they have to put up or shut up. Either they give enough proof to satisfy the LE that are mods/staff, or they're booted. There is no harm in not being in LE and having an opinion. Lying to try to be something you're not, there is harm in that.

Cochese
11-14-2012, 01:43
because he claimed to be a member of three other LE boards

He uses a different username for those boards, or

Further anecdotal evidence includes the same username and location used on multiple forums. Also, wouldn't a cop know about how a bench warrant is issued, and not ask a forum for divorced fathers, much less be forced to call multiple agencies to check on the aforementioned warrant? Hell, I'm just a jail officer, and can answer that question.

Links!!!

blueiron
11-14-2012, 02:35
There are probably a couple of sweating palms, shallow breaths, elevated BPs, and slightly dilated pupils when this post title hit the server.

4949shooter
11-14-2012, 03:10
Links!!!

I would like to see links as well.

BTW, I have exchanged words with the subject in question over on GNG in the past. I never would have thought him to be LE until he mentioned it. I agree with the guys who say he is/was affiliated with the LE field in some form or other, but most definately has an "anti-cop" or "anti-patrol cop" attitude.

He may have worked as a cop for a year or three and was fired, or quit.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 03:47
SGT HATRED sent me a link to this thread...well, here I am. I have nothing to hide.

As I stated earlier, I don't ever visit Cop Talk. I did for a while years back, and...well, it was sad at best. But, there are some good LEO's here that share the same honesty as me...only via PM though (no surprise there).

As far as the original thread...the ORI thing was hilarious...he could have just asked me straight out what Sheriff's Office I work out of instead of trying to act as if I didn't know what "ORI" meant or something. Want to talk to my superior? My cousin has been the sheriff for about 16 years now.

But all that aside, I'd have to say the thing that annoys me most is the elitist attitude of the LEO's here and why they try to make it out like you have to be some freak of nature to get POST-certified...it's pretty ridiculous.

Anyway...

Yes, ClydeG19 is correct...fought MMA professionally since I was in my late teens but gave it up (permanently) last year after having my 2nd child. My pics should be still floating around on here.

And yes, I left LE for approx 1 year...I went back August of this year, to the same Sheriff's Office I have worked at for almost 10 years now. I also said that in a thread here before too, but people seem to 'conveniently forget' when the mob mentality sets in (which seems to happen quite often around GT).

As far as who I am, I'm just a normal guy. Like I said in the thread all this started in...an honest cop is one who still has the same beliefs he did before he was sworn in. I still have my same beliefs, regardless of my profession...it's a shame to see so many others in LE do not. That attitude tends to rub other LEO's the wrong way here, but it also keeps me honest.

If everyone wants to get along now, I might visit here regularly and share whatever I can, but if this is going to end up in the usual GT ****-slinging contest, count me out...I have nothing to prove, and I don't get paid enough to deal with bull**** from other LEO's on the internet.

Stay safe out there, everyone.

Glock Holliday
11-14-2012, 04:08
They've been freely available on the internet to anyone who can do a simple websearch. The National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (National Institute of Justice) has had the list on the internet for years.

Those are partial ORI's (in my state anyway).

Officer X
11-14-2012, 04:58
SGT HATRED sent me a link to this thread...well, here I am. I have nothing to hide.

As I stated earlier, I don't ever visit Cop Talk. I did for a while years back, and...well, it was sad at best. But, there are some good LEO's here that share the same honesty as me...only via PM though (no surprise there).

As far as the original thread...the ORI thing was hilarious...he could have just asked me straight out what Sheriff's Office I work out of instead of trying to act as if I didn't know what "ORI" meant or something. Want to talk to my superior? My cousin has been the sheriff for about 16 years now.

But all that aside, I'd have to say the thing that annoys me most is the elitist attitude of the LEO's here and why they try to make it out like you have to be some freak of nature to get POST-certified...it's pretty ridiculous.

Anyway...

Yes, ClydeG19 is correct...fought MMA professionally since I was in my late teens but gave it up (permanently) last year after having my 2nd child. My pics should be still floating around on here.

And yes, I left LE for approx 1 year...I went back August of this year, to the same Sheriff's Office I have worked at for almost 10 years now. I also said that in a thread here before too, but people seem to 'conveniently forget' when the mob mentality sets in (which seems to happen quite often around GT).

As far as who I am, I'm just a normal guy. Like I said in the thread all this started in...an honest cop is one who still has the same beliefs he did before he was sworn in. I still have my same beliefs, regardless of my profession...it's a shame to see so many others in LE do not. That attitude tends to rub other LEO's the wrong way here, but it also keeps me honest.

If everyone wants to get along now, I might visit here regularly and share whatever I can, but if this is going to end up in the usual GT ****-slinging contest, count me out...I have nothing to prove, and I don't get paid enough to deal with bull**** from other LEO's on the internet.

What Sheriff's office/department do you work for?

What is your title/rank/position?

What is the Sheriff's (your cousin) name?

You said it could be asked, so I am asking.

merlynusn
11-14-2012, 05:41
Hey Morris, there's your answer.

Kingarthurhk
11-14-2012, 05:50
I'll take your prior, and raise you the Odyssey...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100203064933/stargate/images/2/20/Odyssey_beam_weapons.jpg

The space ship looks like a giant toilet bowl.

Kingarthurhk
11-14-2012, 05:53
If you think ORIs are top secret and that the only place a person can get an ORI is from a fingerprint card or NCIC then you're pretty naive and/or inexperienced. Think again. Do the web search for "ORI" and "law enforcement". You find agency webpages where they list their ORI. You'll find informational websites where ORIs are listed. But the listing is open to anyone with a computer at the National Archives of Criminal Justice Data. Any kid with a computer can come up with an ORI and the agency name.
Do you want to pass yourself off as a LEO from PA and someone asks for your ORI to verify you're legit? What PA dept do you want to be from? Pick any of them.
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NACJD/ORIs/PAoris.html
Don't know anything about PA but want to look lke you're from KS?
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NACJD/ORIs/KSoris.html
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NACJD/ORIs/TXoris.html

Any other town, county, state, or agency you want to use an ORI as "proof" you're legit? They're all listed here.

Police-L has been around since 1994 or a bit earlier. LEO verification is required and the list owner contacts the person's agency to verify employment before access is granted. Even with that a phony was recently outted. He had written articles for various LEO type publications and pulled the scam on a number of agencies. Wrote articles for NLEOMF. He had passed himself of as a LEO from Dearborn MI and Inkster MI. Got caught in FL passing himself off as a LEO wearing the MI uniform and people started investigating. Total phony that fooled a lot of people but he eventually got caught.
http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/05/23/drop-the-photo-or-ill-shoot.aspx
A phony wearing a uniform and badge that he made himself.
He tried scamming a fundraiser:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jim-donahue-1/jamesdonahue
Here's what he looks like without his phony police uniform but wearing jail clothing.
http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/James_Donahue_5416686/

Interesting. I guess ours isn't out there as much. But, then again, there really isn't a reason for it.

indigent
11-14-2012, 07:44
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/mbimrie/ibtl.jpg

SGT HATRED
11-14-2012, 09:19
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/mbimrie/ibtl.jpg

How so? There's a moderator getting in on the action too...

stk10767
11-14-2012, 09:23
what sheriff's office/department do you work for?

What is the sheriff's (your cousin) name?

You said it could be asked, so i am asking.

+1.....

indigent
11-14-2012, 09:54
How so? There's a moderator getting in on the action too...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/mbimrie/captobvious.gif

11A
11-14-2012, 10:00
I'm late to the party; is there any more popcorn left?

indigent
11-14-2012, 10:07
Im sure someone can make more.

RyanNREMTP
11-14-2012, 10:28
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/mcfan_01/popcorn.gif

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 10:32

Anyway...

You do realize that you just penned a magnum opus to "It is everyone else...."

How you fail to see this over and over again is part of the humor.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 10:36
....anyways, back to the question you fail to answer over and over again and still do.

Are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?

You never actually answer that question with your vagueness. You hint at it. You name drop. You dance around it. You imply it but you never actually state it.

TBO
11-14-2012, 10:46
That in itself tells you what you need to know.

jmho

tantrix
11-14-2012, 11:15
What Sheriff's office/department do you work for?

What is the Sheriff's (your cousin) name?

You said it could be asked, so I am asking.

My shift isn't over for another 6 hours, but I got a few minutes to rant. I'm not Rabbi, I can't work 12 hour shifts while simultaneously hanging out on GT all day arguing semantics with everyone.

The offer was always there for him to just ask if he wanted to know, but after double-checking, one of the people asking to begin with was the OP. Ask for an ORI check, then try to stir **** in Cop Talk? If you needed any more proof as to why I don't visit here, there you go...now I don't really care about providing anything if people are going to be dicks about it. Yet another thing that is annoying as hell about the LEO's here...they just can't stand it when they don't know something, or are being denied info. Unlike most, I don't really care about my internet 'street cred' as much as you guys do.

You do realize that you just penned a magnum opus to "It is everyone else...."

How you fail to see this over and over again is part of the humor.

Thread on GT...check.
Rabbi...check.
Semantics...check.

I don't know how you find the time man, seriously.

Cop Talk...the only place where you're challenged by both rookies and overweight retired detectives. You guys crack me up sometimes. Ok, back to work at my top-secret job that requires ridiculously high intelligence.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 11:22
My shift isn't over for another 6 hours, but I got a few minutes to rant. I'm not Rabbi, I can't work 12 hour shifts while simultaneously hanging out on GT all day arguing semantics with everyone.

The offer was always there for him to just ask if he wanted to know, but after double-checking, one of the people asking to begin with was the OP. Ask for an ORI check, then try to stir **** in Cop Talk? If you needed any more proof as to why I don't visit here, there you go...now I don't really care about providing anything if people are going to be dicks about it. Yet another thing that is annoying as hell about the LEO's here...they just can't stand it when they don't know something, or are being denied info. Unlike most, I don't really care about my internet 'street cred' as much as you guys do.

Thread on GT...check.
Rabbi...check.
Semantics...check.

Cop Talk...the only place where you're challenged by both rookies and overweight retired detectives. You guys crack me up sometimes. Ok, back to work at my top-secret job that requires ridiculously high intelligence.

You are challenged by everyone because you are obviously full of it. That is lost on you, over and over again. It isnt everyone else. It isnt.

So, are you, now, a fully sworn LEO? That isnt semantics (another word that you dont know the meaning of) That is a question you have yet to answer.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 11:34
You are challenged by everyone because you are obviously full of it. That is lost on you, over and over again. It isnt everyone else. It isnt.

So, are you, now, a fully sworn LEO? That isnt semantics (another word that you dont know the meaning of) That is a question you have yet to answer.

Nah, I'm not going to make it that easy. I'm going to let you guys stir the pot more, then drop my credentials, then watch everyone backpedal. You know, that thin blue line and all. :upeyes:

And yes, I know what the definition of semantics is...they didn't just happen to teach that word for 1 day, at your 1 school, in your 1 class. I know you like to insist on being right all the time, but that's ironically a behavior trait shared by people with low intelligence, not the other way around.

Anyway...yeah seriously now though, let me get back to my paperwork (which everyone knows is BS...cops don't do paperwork, they get in high speed chases and shoot guns all day)

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 11:37
Nah, I'm not going to make it that easy. I'm going to let you guys stir the pot more, then drop my credentials, then watch everyone backpedal. You know, that thin blue line and all. :upeyes:

And yes, I know what the definition of semantics is...they didn't just happen to teach that word for 1 day, at your 1 school, in your 1 class. I know you like to insist on being right all the time, but that's ironically a behavior trait shared by people with low intelligence, not the other way around.

Anyway, yeah let me get back to my paperwork (which everyone knows is BS...cops don't do paperwork, they get in high speed chases and shoot guns all day)

So, are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?

Dragoon44
11-14-2012, 11:38
Yet another thing that bugs me about most LEO's...they just can't stand it when they don't know something, or are being denied info.

That is a trait of ALL good experienced cops. It is ingrained in them by the necessities of the job which have taught them that you cannot make good decisions or take appropriate action without as much accurate info as possible.

Who, what, why, when, where, and how is always in the forefront of any good cops thinking. Coming to the right conclusions requires as much info as possible.

Any good officer's core beliefs remain the same but they themselves are changed to a certain degree by the job. You can't be an experienced cop and not have had your view of the world changed by it.

Cops look at things differently than non cops even if that difference is simply the experienced cops knowledge that everything is not always what it seems at first glance. and gathering as much accurate info as possible is absolutely required to come to a conclusion.

They also understand the necessitous of concise and accurate communication. and quickly learn to practice that if they do not want to be made a fool of by a defense lawyer in court.

If you are in fact a full time Road Deputy, ( and frankly I have a hard time seeing the difference between your posts on LE subjects and the posts of those with no knowledge or experience in LE) then I would suspect your "core beliefs" you cherish are pretty much that of someone with an anti authority mindset who for whatever reason is working in an authoritarian type job.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 12:05
That is a trait of ALL good experienced cops. It is ingrained in them by the necessities of the job which have taught them that you cannot make good decisions or take appropriate action without as much accurate info as possible.

Who, what, why, when, where, and how is always in the forefront of any good cops thinking. Coming to the right conclusions requires as much info as possible.

Of course...but I leave all that at work, I don't drag it home, or on the internet. I used to do it, and I learned it just makes you look like an ******* to everyone, and started to cause me problems.

Any good officer's core beliefs remain the same but they themselves are changed to a certain degree by the job. You can't be an experienced cop and not have had your view of the world changed by it.

Cops look at things differently than non cops even if that difference is simply the experienced cops knowledge that everything is not always what it seems at first glance. and gathering as much accurate info as possible is absolutely required to come to a conclusion.

To a certain degree, yes...but that's not the problem. I absolutely, cannot stand...when people assume just because I'm in LE I automatically support every LEO's opinion.

If you are in fact a full time Road Deputy, ( and frankly I have a hard time seeing the difference between your posts on LE subjects and the posts of those with no knowledge or experience in LE) then I would suspect your "core beliefs" you cherish are pretty much that of someone with an anti authority mindset who for whatever reason is working in an authoritarian type job.

Not anti-authority...Libertarian, which I have admitted on here before, clashes with the occupation from the beginning. It's hard to feel small government when you're expected to enforce it's many (unnecessary) laws.

wprebeck
11-14-2012, 12:05
Who's a rookie? I'm looking at almost 13 years on the job? I also know enough about how bench warrants are issued, due to my experience as an officer, to forgo having to post about the possibility of me having a bench warrant for nonsupport.

I see you didn't bother posting your answers, like you said you would. And while I've had my own issues with Rabbi - at least he's a sworn officer.

TBO
11-14-2012, 12:06
Yup.

Bolstered by interactions (lack of) in LEO down threads (GNG or anywhere).

jmho

tantrix
11-14-2012, 12:10
Who's a rookie? I'm looking at almost 13 years on the job? I also know enough about how bench warrants are issued, due to my experience as an officer, to forgo having to post about the possibility of me having a bench warrant for nonsupport.

I see you didn't bother posting your answers, like you said you would. And while I've had my own issues with Rabbi - at least he's a sworn officer.

Who's talking about bench warrants?

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 12:14

And I am not a rookie either.

Sharky7
11-14-2012, 12:21

Between your comments about the armed robbery tactics comments, the snide comments about the intelligence in LE, and being vague about your position - everything is still questionable.

I'll just lay it out for you. You mentioned you would light up an armed robbery offender by yourself in a one man car. An offender you know that is armed and just committed a robbery - but you believe it's good tactics to go at it alone and not just wait for back up, which you said would be easy to get in your area. Such a bad decision that it would either get you killed or reprimanded in LE. A felony stop is a no-brainer for any real cop.

You counter by saying that armed robbery offenders in your area are mostly meth addicts - so should be less dangerous? Most street LE know that a lot of crimes are motivated by desperate addicts - the key word being desperate. You underestimated a drug addict who just committed a crime with a gun and now you want to stop them alone? For a cop with 10 years on that is just insanely poor tactics and logic.

You then mention that after someone commits an armed robbery - they won't just sit around in traffic. I think this comes from someone watching too many movies. Any good street copper has caught his share of just occurred type crimes. It's been my experience time after time....after these guys get out of the very immediate area they are not going to keep driving like maniacs and draw attention to themselves.

This is just a quick break down on that subject alone. I have seen other similar topics discussed by you that go along the same lines. Even your intelligence comments are pretty far off based - this isn't a meat head game anymore....we have to play smarter and not always harder. We have to master criminal law, search and seizure case laws, tactics, psychology, effective communications, etc. If you did this job - you would know that.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 12:22
Of course...but I leave all that at work, I don't drag it home, or on the internet. I used to do it, and I learned it just makes you look like an ******* to everyone, and started to cause me problems.

Again, here you go saying it is everyone else.

Most of the people here get along most of the time and if you take that down to the people in CopTalk you are cops, "most" goes way up to "almost always."

YOU are the one constant in YOUR problems with everyone else.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 12:25
I'll just lay it out for you. You mentioned you would light up an armed robbery offender by yourself in a one man car. An offender you know that is armed and just committed a robbery - but you believe it's good tactics to go at it alone and not just wait for back up, which you said would be easy to get in your area. Such a bad decision that it would either get you killed or reprimanded in LE. A felony stop is a no-brainer for any real cop.

Actually, that's the opposite of what I said. The first thing is to get get other units involved. And lighting up someone doesn't necessarily mean engaging them in a firefight by yourself. I'm not in the habit of pulling Mel Gibson stunts in heavy urban traffic (which is what you said the circumstances were in your hypothetical).

Again, here you go saying it is everyone else.

Most of the people here get along most of the time and if you take that down to the people in CopTalk you are cops, "most" goes way up to "almost always."

YOU are the one constant in YOUR problems with everyone else.

Not going in circles with you today...I know how it ends, questions, questions, statements, statements, then more questions. You should get off patrol and work homicide, you're much more suited to that division.

RyanNREMTP
11-14-2012, 12:28
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/scoopshovel/gifs/diggingahole.gif

Sharky7
11-14-2012, 12:35
Actually, that's the opposite of what I said. The first thing is to get get other units involved. And lighting up someone doesn't necessarily mean engaging them in a firefight by yourself. I'm not in the habit of pulling Mel Gibson stunts in heavy urban traffic (which is what you said the circumstances were in your hypothetical).

You changed your quote a bit since I was responding, but I will respond to your new post to give you the benefit.

Here is what you said -
":rofl:

We're not talking about the Gambino crime family here, we're talking an armed robbery which are most often committed by strung-out drug addicts. I don't know where you live, but we have a large meth problem down here and if you think you're going to "sneak" up on these people, you need to come down for a while. I'd light them up immediately, and if they decide to run...well, there'll be plenty of deputies waiting and the outcome won't be so good for them. "
----------------------------------------------------
Lighting someone up doesn't mean engaging them in a firefight? When you place those lights on by yourself and the vehicle pulls to a stop - you don't get to control when the bullets start coming your way.

Again - a felony stop is a no-brainer for any real cop. Stopping an armed robbery offender by yourself in real life LE will most likely result in death/injury or a reprimand and butt-chewing.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 12:44
Not going in circles with you today...I know how it ends, questions, questions, statements, statements, then more questions. You should get off patrol and work homicide, you're much more suited to that division.

"Circles" is another word you dont know the meaning of. Yes, that was a statement.

So, are you, now, a fully sword LEO?

YOU not answering that is the cause of the problems. It isnt me but blaming everyone else is your MO.

blueiron
11-14-2012, 12:48
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/scoopshovel/gifs/diggingahole.gif

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/blueiron/shovel2_zps441ffb31.gif

tantrix
11-14-2012, 12:49
You changed your quote a bit since I was responding, but I will respond to your new post to give you the benefit.

Here is what you said -
":rofl:

We're not talking about the Gambino crime family here, we're talking an armed robbery which are most often committed by strung-out drug addicts. I don't know where you live, but we have a large meth problem down here and if you think you're going to "sneak" up on these people, you need to come down for a while. I'd light them up immediately, and if they decide to run...well, there'll be plenty of deputies waiting and the outcome won't be so good for them. "
----------------------------------------------------
Lighting someone up doesn't mean engaging them in a firefight? When you place those lights on by yourself and the vehicle pulls to a stop - you don't get to control when the bullets start coming your way.

Again - a felony stop is a no-brainer for any real cop. Stopping an armed robbery offender by yourself in real life LE will most likely result in death/injury or a reprimand and butt-chewing.

Ok? Yes, that's what I said...I'd light them up. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to flee, shoot, or anything else. As you hinted on, there's just a much of a chance of that happening on a routine traffic stop. I don't really see any difference here except for the fact that you think you're going to sneak up right on their rear bumper simply because your overheads aren't on. It's possible, but the end result will be the same...they will either stop without incident, or it will turn into aggravated flight from an officer or worse.

This is the problem with hypotheticals...I'm sure you see it all clearly in your head but I can only see it as you type it here.

"Circles" is another word you dont know the meaning of. Yes, that was a statement.

Right...I don't know the meaning of any of the English words as well as you do. I admit, classic Rabbi.

YOU not answering that is the cause of the problems. It isnt me but blaming everyone else is your MO.

Sword LEO? Nah, actually my duty weapon is a G22. :rofl:

But seriously...it's not causing any problems (for me anyway). It is making my day go by faster though (if I don't end up behind on paperwork).

scottydl
11-14-2012, 12:51

Maybe THAT's what he is after all!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/scottydl/sword.jpg

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 12:52
Ok? Yes, that's what I said...I'd light them up. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to flee, shoot, or anything else. As you hinted on, there's just a much of a chance of that happening on a routine traffic stop. .

WHOOOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!

You said it, now the question is, are you going to stand by it...or dance like you do....

You think that a "routine" traffic stop is going to, statistically, produce the same result as a felony stop?

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 12:53
Maybe THAT's what he is after all!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/scottydl/sword.jpg

:rofl:

Maybe he is a highlander cop?

TBO
11-14-2012, 12:56
http://dennishegstad.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/3.jpeg

Sharky7
Ok? Yes, that's what I said...I'd light them up. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to flee, shoot, or anything else. As you hinted on, there's just a much of a chance of that happening on a routine traffic stop. I don't really see any difference here except for the fact that you think you're going to sneak up right on their rear bumper simply because your overheads aren't on. It's possible, but the end result will be the same...they will either stop without incident, or it will turn into aggravated flight from an officer or worse.

This is the problem with hypotheticals...I'm sure you see it all clearly in your head but I can only see it as you type it here.

This is not a traffic related stop though. You are stopping someone who just committed an armed robbery. This is not an unknown - this is a KNOWN threat. You KNOW they have a gun. You KNOW they are a criminal and JUST committed a crime. That is like saying that since 2 officers respond on a domestic to a house - you might as well send 2 officers to retrieve someone on a murder warrant from a house.

You don't see a difference between a single officer doing a stop compared to a felony stop in this circumstance?

You have just proven the point of this thread with your above post.

dac1204
While I am not a cop my brother and his wife are. I took the liberty of doing some research for this thread since he will not answer the question.

There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 13:04
WHOOOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!

You said it, now the question is, are you going to stand by it...or dance like you do....

You think that a "routine" traffic stop is going to, statistically, produce the same result as a felony stop?

I don't play numbers like you do. However, if I did...statistically, you're the type of officer that would end up shot on routine traffic stop because the 'odds were lower'.

This is not a traffic related stop though. You are stopping someone who just committed an armed robbery. This is not an unknown - this is a KNOWN threat. You KNOW they have a gun. You KNOW they are a criminal and JUST committed a crime. That is like saying that since 2 officers respond on a domestic to a house - you might as well send 2 officers to retrieve someone on a murder warrant from a house.

You don't see a difference between a single officer doing a stop compared to a felony stop in this circumstance?

You have just proven the point of this thread with your above post.

How you handle high-risk stops is how you handle them...I'm not arguing that, it's your choice entirely. However, your analogy is flawed...just as many, if not more officers are injured and/or killed responding to DV calls, and those aren't automatically considered "high-risk" like a felony stop.

While I am not a cop my brother and his wife are. I took the liberty of doing some research for this thread since he will not answer the question.

There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.

Nice work...now somebody's getting somewhere.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 13:06
I don't play numbers like you do. However, if I did...statistically, you're the type of officer that would end up shot on routine traffic stop because the 'odds were lower'.

So you are not going to answer this question either. Which I knew you wouldnt, why....math. See how that works? (no, you dont, you dont have a clue)

There it is folks, he said, flat out, a felony stop is the same as any other stop.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 13:09
So you are not going to answer this question either. Which I knew you wouldnt, why....math. See how that works? (no, you dont, you dont have a clue)

There it is folks, he said, flat out, a felony stop is the same as any other stop.

I'm going to be leaving late today, but it's been worth it just getting to read this.

ETA- This isn't the occupation you need to be playing numbers with...just friendly advice.

TBO
11-14-2012, 13:12

I'm going to be leaving late today, but it's been worth it just getting to read this.

ETA- This isn't the occupation you need to be playing numbers with...just friendly advice.
ODMP disagrees with you.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 13:12

What occupation would that be? Law Enforcement?

Are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?

And as always, you work very hard to make sure everyone knows you dont have a clue how numbers work.

rockapede
11-14-2012, 13:13
Ok? Yes, that's what I said...I'd light them up. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to flee, shoot, or anything else. As you hinted on, there's just a much of a chance of that happening on a routine traffic stop. I don't really see any difference here except for the fact that you think you're going to sneak up right on their rear bumper simply because your overheads aren't on.

Some thoughts: We're talking about an armed robber, correct? How is there just as much of a chance of getting shot on a "routine" traffic stop? That's why it's called a felony or "high risk" stop: because armed robbers are high risk! I've never, ever met an officer who treats known, high risk stops the same way they treat stopping the Taurus with a tail light out. I really hope that isn't what you meant to say, because any cop that does is, frankly, stupid.

Second, who said anything about sneaking right up on somebody's bumper? Have you ever actually followed someone?

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 13:14
ODMP disagrees with you.

Most everything disagrees with him, yet to him, we are all the ones with the problem.

This is the exact type of person LE deals with, not the kind of person who is (or should be) LE.

wprebeck
Who's talking about bench warrants?

The thread in the divorced daddy forum. You know, the one in which someone using the same location and screenname as you do here posted a question about having a bench warrant issued because his employer didn't properly garnish his wages.

I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't much believe in such happenings.

And for the record, I think you might be a jail officer, like I am. Notice how I don't comment on traffic stops and the like? Its because I don't have the necessary experience to talk about that stuff. Doesn't mean I'm not a fully sworn officer (as many folks have discovered to their misfortune) but, its just I don't need to pretend. I'm OK with being a jail officer - and didn't need nepotism to get hired.

Sharky7
http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/images/products/medium/Word-Spin-K407Ua.JPG

rockapede
11-14-2012, 13:17
The thread in the divorced daddy forum. You know, the one in which someone using the same location and screenname as you do here posted a question about having a bench warrant issued because his employer didn't properly garnish his wages.

I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't much believe in such happenings.

And for the record, I think you might be a jail officer, like I am. Notice how I don't comment on traffic stops and the like? Its because I don't have the necessary experience to talk about that stuff. Doesn't mean I'm not a fully sworn officer (as many folks have discovered to their misfortune) but, its just I don't need to pretend. I'm OK with being a jail officer - and didn't need nepotism to get hired.

Do you have a link to this or has it been deleted?

TBO
11-14-2012, 13:26
Run away!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zJo1pAAXbu0/T0LHF5MPeoI/AAAAAAAAAK4/uSIrsmQyoMQ/s1600/python_run_away.jpg

Morris
11-14-2012, 13:36
This one has elevated my popcorn making to caramel. May have to do hot n spicy next, they way this is going.

You'd think after 17+ years of working the road and making popcorn, I'd be tired of popcorn.

Not with threads like this one. :rofl:

Bruce M
11-14-2012, 13:43
That needs to be unlocked asap! Too much fun to make it stop.... :crying: They never get unlocked but maybe not necessary by the time we get to the third or fifth page.

I just want to show up to this thread. Me too

Won't be reopened.

Threads like that are troll-magnets once members of law enforcement join in the discussion. Trolls have one goal. They want to draw the other side into pissing contests. Then they hope to get someone so upset they violate the rules and earn an infraction or get the thread closed.

And, honestly, some of you trip all over your own feet rushing to fulfill the trolls' dreams. Yeah, sometimes it's very hard not to, right?

As to whether someone is credentialed or not, hey, they usually trip up sooner or later.

It is funny that going up their storybook ladder, every time challenged they up their experience and qualifications. Shhhh Don't talk about locked threa.... ohhh wait. Never mind.

[

rockapede
11-14-2012, 13:45
We have a movie theater popcorn machine in our evidence room that sees regular use. It's always surprised me that the lab never comments on our paper packaging smelling like butter.

Gombey
11-14-2012, 13:50
Hey Moriss! Send some my way :D

tantrix
11-14-2012, 13:50
Some thoughts: We're talking about an armed robber, correct? How is there just as much of a chance of getting shot on a "routine" traffic stop? That's why it's called a felony or "high risk" stop: because armed robbers are high risk! I've never, ever met an officer who treats known, high risk stops the same way they treat stopping the Taurus with a tail light out. I really hope that isn't what you meant to say, because any cop that does is, frankly, stupid.

Second, who said anything about sneaking right up on somebody's bumper? Have you ever actually followed someone?

Sure, I'm not denying a felony stop is likely more dangerous..but, like I said DV calls are more frequent and often just as dangerous as any felony stop, so...well. I don't know about you but I treat every encounter with strangers as a possible threat...because that's just reality. Are you trying to say more officers are killed on felony stops as opposed to routine traffic stops? Because that's...false.

The only kids I have live with me. I just checked on what you're talking about and that's my brother who was was staying with me at the time (who has since gotten all that straight last time I heard). I made the account for him, and let him put in his own password (which is why I couldn't log in myself). But I know about all that now anyway, he talked to me about it later.

I'm sure most of you were hoping it was me...sorry to disappoint.

series1811
11-14-2012, 13:52

I used to see it on our fingerprint cards. That was about it. Then we went to the electronic thinga majiggy (technical term) where you just scanned them into the machine and I don't think I saw it much after that. :supergrin:

golls17
11-14-2012, 14:07

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

You made it too easy. Now he has a 25% chance of guessing right.

For the record, I never even made it past "rookie" status, and I can still smell you BS through my wifi. Forget the popcorn. Pass the Fabreeze...

golls17
11-14-2012, 14:10
Are you trying to say more officers are killed on felony stops as opposed to routine traffic stops? Because that's...false.

And there it is. If you weren't 100% certain before...

tantrix
11-14-2012, 14:18
And there it is. If you weren't 100% certain before...

People have been preaching officer-101 this whole time, and this slides by?

Most officer-related deaths happen when what started as a routine traffic stop...turns into a felony stop...they weren't felony stops from the beginning.

People have been watching too much Die Hard...

TBO
11-14-2012, 14:26
Again, it's everyone else.

Mayhem like Me
11-14-2012, 14:30

Most officer-related deaths happen when what started as a routine traffic stop...turns into a felony stop...they weren't felony stops from the beginning.

You are so full of crap.. MOST officer deaths are traffic /vehicle related... even the rookiest of all rookies has that beaten into their head.

I do not even want to touch your holier than thou attitude that you never roll a stop sign..you are a liar. You have also exceeded the speed limit and done other things without hitting your blue lights...we all have.

golls17
11-14-2012, 14:31
In the other thread:

I'm almost 10 years on the job, been shot at, and watched 2 SWAT buddies die. He admitted to not being on SWAT, but his buddies were. Here's what I could find using "[county] swat death" on google.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

Squadoosh

MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICEGoose egg.

ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICEhttp://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-john/Two-law-enforcement-officials-two-civilians-shot-in-St-John-166383546.html

No mention of SWAT deaths, so let's give the benefit of the doubt that they were SWAT members (even though the article doesn't say). SWAT responded to this incident, but no mention in the article of a SWAT member dying.

ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICENada

So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.I narrowed it down to a possibility for ya... :wavey:

ETA: of those 4, since 1996, this is all that's on file from ODMP

Bio & Incident Details

Tour: 10 years
Badge # 4106
Cause: Weather/Natural disaster
Incident Date: 6/13/2007
Weapon: Not available
Suspect: Not available

Sergeant Linden (Beau) Raimer was killed when a rotted pine tree hit his patrol car.

Sergeant Raimer and passenger were in the funeral procession for Deputy Sheriff Hilery A. Mayo Jr., when the accident happened. The procession was moving through Covington when a violent thunderstorm knocked down numerous trees from Slidell to Covington. A large pine tree hit his patrol car on 21st Avenue, crushing the top of the vehicle and killing Sergeant Raimer instantly. The deputy riding with him, who was also his fiance, was taken to St. Tammany Parish Hospital, paralyzed from the chest down.

Sergeant Raimer had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office for 10 years. He is survived by his parents, sister, two nephews, and fiance.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18914-sergeant-linden-beau-raimer#ixzz2CERfUhFN

Bio & Incident Details

Badge # 4610
Cause: Automobile accident
Incident Date: 6/9/2007

Deputy Hilery Mayo was killed in an automobile accident on Louisiana 40 while he and another deputy responded to an emergency call.

The patrol car left the roadway, went into a ditch, and then struck a tree. Deputy Mayo was killed and the other deputy, who was riding in the passenger seat, was seriously injured. Both deputies were wearing their seat belts.

Deputy Mayo had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office since 1997. He is survived by his wife, mother, sister, and brother.

Sergeant Linden "Beau" Raimer was killed when a pine tree that had been struck by lightning hit his patrol car while in the funeral procession for Deputy Mayo.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18911-deputy-first-class-hilery-a-mayo-jr#ixzz2CERnbAxt

golls17
11-14-2012, 14:36

Which is exactly my point. There is no routine.

If this is the case, why would you stop an armed bank robber in the same manner you would somebody with a essentially a taillight out as you said earlier? Using lights to get traffic out of you way, etc.

blueiron
11-14-2012, 14:39
I used to see it on our fingerprint cards. That was about it. Then we went to the electronic thinga majiggy (technical term) where you just scanned them into the machine and I don't think I saw it much after that. :supergrin:

AFIS was great... when it worked.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 14:39
You are so full of crap.. MOST officer deaths are traffic /vehicle related... even the rookiest of all rookies has that beaten into their head.

I do not even want to touch your holier than thou attitude that you never roll a stop sign..you are a liar. You have also exceeded the speed limit and done other things without hitting your blue lights...we all have.

I wouldn't be talking about rookies when you should know that a traffic stop of any kind is automatically traffic/vehicle related...that's why it's called a traffic stop. What do people use for transportation there, spaceships??

I speed, sure. In my own vehicles and my PPV...but I don't roll stop signs unless I absolutely need to, and when I do I flash my overheads...that is no lie. And I'm talking about rolling stop signs as in barely even slowing down...not like the OP in the other thread likely got cited for, as in his wheels never stopped turning completely.

In the other thread:

He admitted to not being on SWAT, but his buddies were. Here's what I could find using "[county] swat death" on google.

Squadoosh

Goose egg.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-john/Two-law-enforcement-officials-two-civilians-shot-in-St-John-166383546.html

No mention of SWAT deaths, so let's give the benefit of the doubt that they were SWAT members (even though the article doesn't say) and SWAT just wasn't activated yet.

Nada

I narrowed it down to a possibility for ya... :wavey:

Now you're getting cold...

GRIMLET
11-14-2012, 14:41
Im betting 80/20 on Ascension Parish over St. Charles.
I rule out St. Tammany and Madison all together.
Since he is here battling it out, I stand by my original observations that he is a good guy.

The idea someone has to live up to a fellow officers expectation as a cop is stupid. For all we know, some of the heavy posters here may be THAT GUY in their dept.
About nepotism, its not about how you got hired, its performing whats expected of you afterwards.
I have been told here to prove my credentials. Being nice and new, I gave my academy name, class number and graduation date.
Still, when I post somethings here, I am challenged to reveal my dept and/or ORI.

I am going to get a chuckle when he proves the nay saying haters wrong.

Dragoon44
11-14-2012, 14:53

That might reflect more the type of individuals you hang out with than the reality of what becomes ingrained in veteran police officers.

To a certain degree, yes...but that's not the problem. I absolutely, cannot stand...when people assume just because I'm in LE I automatically support every LEO's opinion.

it is not about automatically supporting every LEO opinion. it's about whether or not your responses to LE related topics reflect any training or experience in LE. As I stated before having read your posts over the years I do not see LE knowledge or experience expressed in your posts. You are every bit as quick to jump on the Anti LEO bandwagon as those with no training or experience.

Not anti-authority...Libertarian,

Libertarians are anti Authority whether they want to admit it or not. and judging from past interaction with you over the CSA I would say you are neo confederate as well.

golls17
11-14-2012, 14:57

Is this better?

Of those 4 counties, since 1996, this is all that's on file from ODMP

Bio & Incident Details

Badge # 4106
Cause: Weather/Natural disaster
Incident Date: 6/13/2007

Sergeant Linden (Beau) Raimer was killed when a rotted pine tree hit his patrol car.

Sergeant Raimer and passenger were in the funeral procession for Deputy Sheriff Hilery A. Mayo Jr., when the accident happened. The procession was moving through Covington when a violent thunderstorm knocked down numerous trees from Slidell to Covington. A large pine tree hit his patrol car on 21st Avenue, crushing the top of the vehicle and killing Sergeant Raimer instantly. The deputy riding with him, who was also his fiance, was taken to St. Tammany Parish Hospital, paralyzed from the chest down.

Sergeant Raimer had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office for 10 years. He is survived by his parents, sister, two nephews, and fiance.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18914-se...#ixzz2CERfUhFN (http://www.odmp.org/officer/18914-sergeant-linden-beau-raimer#ixzz2CERfUhFN)

Bio & Incident Details

Badge # 4610
Cause: Automobile accident
Incident Date: 6/9/2007

Deputy Hilery Mayo was killed in an automobile accident on Louisiana 40 while he and another deputy responded to an emergency call.

The patrol car left the roadway, went into a ditch, and then struck a tree. Deputy Mayo was killed and the other deputy, who was riding in the passenger seat, was seriously injured. Both deputies were wearing their seat belts.

Deputy Mayo had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office since 1997. He is survived by his wife, mother, sister, and brother.

Sergeant Linden "Beau" Raimer was killed when a pine tree that had been struck by lightning hit his patrol car while in the funeral procession for Deputy Mayo.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18911-de...#ixzz2CERnbAxt (http://www.odmp.org/officer/18911-deputy-first-class-hilery-a-mayo-jr#ixzz2CERnbAxt)
Both were St. Tammany. They may have been SWAT, but if this is them, it certainly wasn't a SWAT situation like you made it sound like.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 14:58
Im betting 80/20 on Ascension Parish over St. Charles.
I rule out St. Tammany and Madison all together.

Pretty good...I'll give one hint and say: Madison is NOT it.

Since he is here battling it out, I stand by my original observations that he is a good guy.

The sad part is, I never even claimed to be a good guy...it's the whole "LE is a secret society" thing that's in play here. I got over that within one year of being POST.

The idea someone has to live up to a fellow officers expectation as a cop is stupid. For all we know, some of the heavy posters here may be THAT GUY in their dept.

Not on the internet...everyone loves all their fellow officers as if they were raised together like brothers.

I guess that's why I've seen 2 city PD officers from a nearby large dept beat the hell out of each other one night at a BBQ...yeah, they still don't like one another to this day. :rofl:

I have been told here to prove my credentials. Being nice and new, I gave my academy name, class number and graduation date.
Still, when I post somethings here, I am challenged to reveal my dept and/or ORI.

I know...I've had the same thing happen on another forum before, that's why I'm in no hurry. As I said earlier, I don't get paid enough to produce credentials on demand to uphold my internet street cred.

I am going to get a chuckle when he proves the nay saying haters wrong.

Hey now, I'm trying to enjoy the ride as long as possible. :supergrin:

Hoser423
11-14-2012, 15:02
My crystal ball predicts the next avenue of excuses and stalling ..."I'm not gonna put my whole name, department and ORI info on the internet."

If it was me, and if I really wanted to put it to rest... I would have PM'ed the most vocal critics, or a moderator, or both, enough info to prove I was a sworn LEO.

Door #1- Not sworn LEO (it's fine just admit it)
Door #2- Sworn LEO, purposely being difficult because he's "THAT GUY"

golls17
11-14-2012, 15:03
My crystal ball predicts the next avenue of excuses and stalling ..."I'm not gonna put my whole name, department and ORI info on the internet."

If it was me, and if I really wanted to put it to rest... I would have PM'ed the most vocal critics, or a moderator, or both, enough info to prove I was a sworn LEO.

Door #1- Not sworn LEO (its' fine just admit it)
I would be satisfied with him PMing Rabbi and having Rabbi post for all of us a thumbs up.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 15:07
You are every bit as quick to jump on the Anti LEO bandwagon as those with no training or experience.

I am not anti-LEO...I am simply tired of of the "club" mentality, that's what caused me problems to begin with early on in my career.

Libertarians are anti Authority whether they want to admit it or not. and judging from past interaction with you over the CSA I would say you are neo confederate as well.

I'm not anti-authority, I am small-government. There is a difference.

Is this better?

No, I didn't know those guys.

I won't string you along though, here's why you're cold: They were city PD SWAT, not the Parish Sheriff's Office where I am. I have never worked for any city PD.

golls17
11-14-2012, 15:11
Hey now, I'm trying to enjoy the ride as long as possible. :supergrin:

I won't string you along though

Huh? :dunno:

OK fine, of LODD by gunfire (since that is what is generally assumed when you say you lost two SWAT buddies), none of the cities that had multiple fatalities in that time period were in any 4 of those counties.

So either say how they died and I'll do the rest when I get home tonight, or admit that you're full of it and can't keep your own stories straight.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 15:12
Huh? :dunno:

On the the research you were doing...wrong direction.

GRIMLET
11-14-2012, 15:12

Door #1- Not sworn LEO (its' fine just admit it)

Why would anyone do that?
A hurt butt could dredge up old posts about breaking traffic laws on duty or being a kick ass cop and call their mayor or chief.
To those demanding proof, I say, post YOUR name. YOUR badge number
YOUR dept YOUR ORI. How about a direct link to your facebook?
And post it openly.

Heh Heh Heh

Only a fool would do so.

GRIMLET
11-14-2012, 15:15
On the the research you were doing...wrong direction.

But the research was INSIDE the box!!!!
It must be right.

golls17
11-14-2012, 15:20
It must be right.

I just went outside the box (see my edits to my previous post). Hell, I'll do a whole friggin' explosion of the box when I get home tonight. I have a feeling this will be dispelled soon.

ETA: If this gets locked before I do so (which I have a feeling it might, though I hope not), PM me if you want the results of what I find. I'm at home with my daughter during the day. All I have to do is put in a Mickey Mouse DVD and I've got all the free time I need!

tantrix
11-14-2012, 15:22
It must be right.

Honestly, I'm surprised people are this persistent...I'm kind of impressed, but weirded out at the same time. I have never, in my 9 years of LE work, asked anyone to provide credentials to me over the internet. If we were on a Secret Service forum or something, yeah...but LEO's are a dime a dozen in comparison.

I just went outside the box (see my edits to my previous post). Hell, I'll do a whole friggin' explosion of the box when I get home tonight. I have a feeling this will be dispelled soon.

I'm home in 1 1/2 hours...post more of your theories, I'll tell you if you're getting closer or not. I will admit, the SWAT incident is pretty hard to get...unless you find some posts of mine on LE forums linking articles to it, it's gonna be difficult. I might have to drop more hints.

Hoser423
11-14-2012, 15:34
@ Grimlet--- I agree, I wouldn't post my own info either... thats why I suggested the PMs to a reliable clearinghouse.
Holding my breath !!!

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 15:41
Honestly, I'm surprised people are this persistent...I'm kind of impressed, but weirded out at the same time. I have never, in my 9 years of LE work, asked anyone to provide credentials to me over the internet. If we were on a Secret Service forum or something, yeah...but LEO's are a dime a dozen in comparison.

I'm home in 1 1/2 hours...post more of your theories, I'll tell you if you're getting closer or not. I will admit, the SWAT incident is pretty hard to get...unless you find some posts of mine on LE forums linking articles to it, it's gonna be difficult. I might have to drop more hints.

I am not interested in your game.

You are evasive.

You hide behind vague statements that you might be a cop in order to prove your points about cops.

You post contradictions.

You lack an understanding of basic Law Enforcement procedures.

No matter what, it is everyone else who is wrong.

You are some lone rightious person on a mission to right the wrongs that all other cops have.

It is your *brother* posting under your screen name.

And a pile of other things.

Now, if you were an LEO, what would you think about such a person?

Besides the obvious, no matter what you are, I would also say you lack honor and are not the most stable person. You insist on making sure we KNOW that.

Now, is that the result you are looking for? (or all we all just wrong again?)

Good luck and get well.

GRIMLET
11-14-2012, 15:44

ETA: If this gets locked before I do so (which I have a feeling it might, though I hope not), PM me if you want the results of what I find. I'm at home with my daughter during the day. All I have to do is put in a Mickey Mouse DVD and I've got all the free time I need!

Im just having fun with you.
Im just wondering, if you find the murdered officers names, how will that help identify Tantrix?
He said he has seen two Swat friends killed. That doesnt mean he works for the same agency. Some small agencies accept help from larger local agencies.
Also. some people yse the term seen in different ways.
I have seen a friend of mine deploy 4 times overseas. I never put eyes on him leaving, in country or returning. Do you see what I mean.

Beware the box.

TBO
11-14-2012, 15:47
He stated he was there when the bad guys were "pumping .308 rounds into my swat buddies" and he had 7 or so bullet holes in his own squad door.

GRIMLET
11-14-2012, 15:48
@ Grimlet--- I agree, I wouldn't post my own info either... thats why I suggested the PMs to a reliable clearinghouse.
Holding my breath !!!

Reliable is the key. An unknown challenger who has no ethicl/legal expectation to keep the info private isnt going to get it.
I have put more than most who post out there.
I would only trust Eric, the owner.

GRIMLET
11-14-2012, 15:48
He stated he was there when the bad guys were "pumping .308 rounds into my swat buddies" and he had 7 or so bullet holes in his own squad door.

I missed that one. I retract my comment. Thanks for the clarification.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 15:54
I am not interested in your game.

No game here.

You are evasive.

You're a LEO, are you not? Figure it out or stop.

You hide behind vague statements that you might be a cop in order to prove your points about cops.

I'm not here to prove a point about "cops"...I don't work for the IAB.

You post contradictions.

If you want to quote any specifically, I'll clear it up.

You lack an understanding of basic Law Enforcement procedures.

That's your opinion. You've never been on the road here, and I've never been on the road there.

No matter what, it is everyone else who is wrong.

Again, everything here is all opinion...I never stated I was the only "right one", you're the only one that has done that.

You are some lone rightious person on a mission to right the wrongs that all other cops have.

Right what wrongs? LE is simply a profession, everybody has their own way of doing things.

It is your *brother* posting under your screen name.

Yes, and as I said I made the account for him. What he was going through then can't possibly have anything to do with me, as all my children live with me.

Now, if you were an LEO, what would you think about such a person?

Besides the obvious, no matter what you are, I would also say you lack honor and are not the most stable person. You insist on making sure we KNOW that.

Now, is that the result you are looking for? (or all we all just wrong again?)

Good luck and get well.

Again, all opinion. I have a clean criminal record, clean driving record, and have never been arrested or detained for any reason. What reason would you have to come to the conclusion you have come to? From your previous posts here, I'd say it's pointing towards frustration at this point...which is not an indicator of my mental stability whatsoever.

BL33D 4 M3
11-14-2012, 15:55
This thread has prompted me to update my profile. "Retired". :supergrin:

tantrix
11-14-2012, 15:57
Im just having fun with you.
Im just wondering, if you find the murdered officers names, how will that help identify Tantrix?
He said he has seen two Swat friends killed. That doesnt mean he works for the same agency. Some small agencies accept help from larger local agencies.
Also. some people yse the term seen in different ways.
I have seen a friend of mine deploy 4 times overseas. I never put eyes on him leaving, in country or returning. Do you see what I mean.

Beware the box.

I already gave him a little help and told him I don't work for the same agency, never have...they were city PD, and parish deputies in the surrounding area also responded.

Actually, it was 7.62...the suspect had an AK. 6 rounds into the passenger side of my PPV during the ordeal, 2 SWAT officers dead.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 15:57

Yes. Here is the quote.

Wow...you really don't keep up with things do you? I've even posted 2 incidents here on GT where I was present and a shooting occurred. And no, the one where my 2 buddies were killed I wasn't SWAT, just a responding deputy...and had six 7.62 rounds in the side of my car.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 15:59
No game here.

You're a LEO, are you not? Figure it out or stop.

I'm not here to prove a point about "cops"...I don't work for the IAB.

If you want to quote any specifically, I'll clear it up.

That's your opinion. You've never been on the road here, and I've never been on the road there.

Again, everything here is all opinion...I never stated I was the only "right one", you're the only one that has done that.

Right what wrongs? LE is simply a profession, everybody has their own way of doing things.

Yes, and as I said I made the account for him. What he was going through then can't possibly have anything to do with me, as all my children live with me.

Again, all opinion. I have a clean criminal record, clean driving record, and have never been arrested or detained for any reason. What reason would you have to come to the conclusion you have come to? From your previous posts here, I'd say it's pointing towards frustration at this point...which is not an indicator of my mental stability whatsoever.

Yes, of course, you have not stirred the pot at all, ever.

Everything you say makes perfect sense.

Everything is just an opinion, of course, yours is far better than others.

No one has a valid reason to think you are anything but perfect.

It is everyone else.

And of course, it is your brother.

Again, good luck and get well.

golls17
11-14-2012, 16:00

Do you work for Ascending Parish?
A) I'm getting closer
B) I'm way off

Do you work for Madison Parish?
A) I'm getting closer
B) I'm way off

Do you work for St Charles Parish?
A) I'm getting closer
B) I'm way off

Do you work for St Tammany Parish?
A) I'm getting closer
B) I'm way off

I left it vague as "work for" so Rabbi can do the honors of asking if you're sworn.

Sent from my Sprint Milky Way Galaxy S...

scottydl
11-14-2012, 16:01
This was kinda fun for awhile, but I think a line was crossed when we had to start pulling up LODD's to try and debunk the stupidity that this thread has become.

Regardless of any proof either way, I can't help but agree with everything Rabbi said here (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19631334#post19631334). tantrix I think you got yourself in over your head here.

Unsubscribed.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 16:03
Do you work for Ascending Parish?
A) I'm getting closer
B) I'm way off

Do you work for Madison Parish?
A) I'm getting closer
B) I'm way off

Do you work for St Charles Parish?
A) I'm getting closer
B) I'm way off

Do you work for St Tammany Parish?
A) I'm getting closer
B) I'm way off

I left it vague as "work for" so Rabbi can do the honors of asking if you're sworn.

Come on...I'd just be giving it away then. After all this, I should make everyone work for it.

TBO
11-14-2012, 16:08
Alexandria Police Department, Louisiana
Thursday, February 20, 2003
That is the department/date that lost 2 Swat type cops, that he appears to be talking about.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 16:10
Alexandria Police Department, Louisiana
Thursday, February 20, 2003
That is the department/date that lost 2 Swat type cops, that he appears to be talking about.

TBO gets it first...matter of fact, I think I remember you posting the article somewhere when it happened. Yep, I was there...those were the two guys, and it was chaos.

TBO
11-14-2012, 16:14
How many Cops wounded?

tantrix
11-14-2012, 16:14
How many Cops wounded?

I don't remember, but all were from Alex PD. None of the deputies (I think there were 3 there total when the shooting happened) were wounded.

Here's a very accurate account of what went down:

http://www.rbvincent.com/alextragedy.htm

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 16:27
I don't remember, but all were from Alex PD. None of the deputies (I think there were 3 there total when the shooting happened) were wounded.

Here's a very accurate account of what went down:

http://www.rbvincent.com/alextragedy.htm

You were involved in a line of duty gun fight, as an LEO, where LEO's were killed and your squad took rounds, in a smallish community, where the ones who were killed were "your buddies." You are also still an LEO in the same place.

....and you dont remember names? (and thus numbers)

Mayhem like Me
11-14-2012, 16:27
I wouldn't be talking about rookies when you should know that a traffic stop of any kind is automatically traffic/vehicle related...that's why it's called a traffic stop. What do people use for transportation there, spaceships??

I speed, sure. In my own vehicles and my PPV...but I don't roll stop signs unless I absolutely need to, and when I do I flash my overheads...that is no lie. And I'm talking about rolling stop signs as in barely even slowing down...not like the OP in the other thread likely got cited for, as in his wheels never stopped turning completely.

No. Traffic stop deaths are not traffic related unless the officer is killed by vehicle impact..

Manner of death is the benchmark...

Again you show your complete ignorance.

Blowing a stop sign and rolling it are two different things a real cop knows this...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Mayhem like Me
11-14-2012, 16:31
You were involved in a line of duty gun fight, as an LEO, where LEO's were killed and your squad took rounds, in a smallish community, where the ones who were killed were "your buddies." You are also still an LEO in the same place.

....and you dont remember names? (and thus numbers)

Stop making sense.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

2-8 Marine
11-14-2012, 16:34

Thread on GT...check.
Rabbi...check.
Semantics...check.

Okay! I stayed out of this until that crack. Do we know each other? :rofl:

BL33D 4 M3
11-14-2012, 16:34
This was kinda fun for awhile, but I think a line was crossed when we had to start pulling up LODD's to try and debunk the stupidity that this thread has become.

Regardless of any proof either way, I can't help but agree with everything Rabbi said here (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19631334#post19631334). tantrix I think you got yourself in over your head here.

Unsubscribed.

While I agree, I also feel like if he is a poser the stakes have gone up based on the invocation of 2 line of duty deaths as "proof".

I have passively followed this until now. If he is outted as a fake, some locals need to either make his non-sworn job go away or review with a prosecutor.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 16:37
While I agree, I also feel like if he is a poser the stakes have gone up based on the invocation of 2 line of duty deaths as "proof".

See, even if he is not a poser, no matter what technicality he pulls or is flat out a full time road cop...

It still doesnt change the questions:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Why dont you know such basic things?

Do you not realize that you project?

Why do you want to be seen in this way by your brothers?

Among other things...

blueiron
11-14-2012, 16:45
Instead of using third party professional news stories as evidence, he offers a personal blogsite as proof.

4949shooter
11-14-2012, 16:45

Unsubscribed.

Absolutely.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 16:48

I have passively followed this until now. If he is outted as a fake, some locals need to either make his non-sworn job go away or review with a prosecutor.

I never said that was "proof", because it isn't.

And if you want to take people's jobs for being fakes, I'd recommend the Navy SEAL fakes...that seems to be the one everyone goes with.

Anyway, I'm about to hit the road home...I'm tired and my back hurts. I promised myself I wouldn't hang around here for more than 1 day, so you guys have fun and stay safe out there.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 16:50

And if you want to take people's jobs for being fakes, I'd recommend the Navy SEAL fakes...that seems to be the one everyone goes with.

Anyway, I'm about to hit the road home...I'm tired and my back hurts. I promised myself I wouldn't hang around here for more than 1 day, so you guys have fun and stay safe out there.

And there you have it folks.

Someone who is anti-cop now feels like he got one over on a bunch of cops.

It doesnt work that way, you actually just made yourself look like what YOU are.

Morris
11-14-2012, 16:50
Welp, more popcorn coming up. This is getting better by the post.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 16:52

It doesnt work that way, you actually just made yourself look like what YOU are.

Whatever you think is right Rabbi...at this point, I agree. I don't even care what you type....for the rest of this thread's life, I'll agree with you.

Bye everyone.

golls17
11-14-2012, 16:55
Thanks, Cochese for picking that up for the rest of us. As mentioned before, it still doesn't prove that he actually works there. the only way I'll be able to I think is if I drive down there, get caught speeding, and ask for his GT username for verification purposes.

r3dot
11-14-2012, 16:57
Don't be a quitter, tantrix.

Kelo6
11-14-2012, 16:58
Tantrix,

While I assume from your last post that you won't read this, I don't care. I'm getting this off my chest.

I read both of the threads, and the fact that you would invoke 2 LODD to promote this ridiculous masquerade is insulting to those who serve their communities as LEOs. It is even more insulting to those who have given their lives in that line of work, and doubly insulting to those who you claim were your "SWAT buddies."

If you are indeed a LEO, the fact that you would do so and use your fallen friends in that manner is even more terrifying and despicable.

Regardless of your LEO status, you, sir, are a disgrace.

PM a mod with your credentials or shut the **** up.

Kingarthurhk
11-14-2012, 17:03
I honestly don't know why someone would want to claim to be an LEO and not be. I guess from the outside it is glamorous? Too much TV? In reality it is just a PITA.

Rabbi
11-14-2012, 17:06
I honestly don't know why someone would want to claim to be an LEO and not be. I guess from the outside it is glamorous? Too much TV? In reality it is just a PITA.

Whatever the motive is (and there are a few key ones, and I think most LEOs know this) there are a lot of people who make such claims.

We need to resurrect the great whacker thread.

BL33D 4 M3
11-14-2012, 17:07

Navy Seals and fake Navy Seals have nothing to do with this discussion.

If you were involved as a first responder in an ambush that resulted in two officer deaths at the hands of an AK wielding offender, then in my book (which matters very little) you have paid your dues and deserve the deference and respect of all of us.

If on the other hand you have misrepresented yourself here, and are in fact a non-sworn dispatcher, service officer or reserve/auxiliary...then you should face the music in a very public and painful way.

This is just my $.02.

Ohio Cop
11-14-2012, 17:14
I went to sleep and in the mean time, **** got real!

tantrix
11-14-2012, 17:17
If you were involved as a first responder in an ambush that resulted in two officer deaths at the hands of an AK wielding offender, then in my book (which matters very little) you have paid your dues and deserve the deference and respect of all of us.

I just got home so I have a couple minutes before hitting the shower.

It doesn't matter, I never asked for respect here, or any kind of special treatment. GT is a place I go to talk about things NOT related to work, which is another reason why I don't visit this area of the site. Anyway, it was still fun and made my day it little less monotonous. I'm out.

2-8 Marine
11-14-2012, 17:17

I'd really like to believe this guy is a phoney. As sick as that is, it would be preferable to believing a police officer would act like such a moron to his fellow officers. :dunno:

John Rambo
11-14-2012, 17:19
If this guy is a cop, I'm a ******* police sniper who does dual duty on SWAT teams. But not as a sniper. As that really badass guy with the door breaching shotgun who goes in first...or something.

Thanks for the entertainment, smokeys.

Ohio Cop
11-14-2012, 17:21
Damn, even the most notorious trolls stopped in to drop a bomb.

wprebeck
11-14-2012, 17:23
If this guy is a cop, I'm a ******* police sniper who does dual duty on SWAT teams. But not as a sniper. As that really badass guy with the door breaching shotgun who goes in first...or something.

Well, damn.

TBO
11-14-2012, 17:27
Like I said earlier, not 1 post in an officer down thread, even the ones in GNG.

BL33D 4 M3
11-14-2012, 17:29
I just got home so I have a couple minutes before hitting the shower.

It doesn't matter, I never asked for respect here, or any kind of special treatment. GT is a place I go to talk about things NOT related to work, which is another reason why I don't visit this area of the site. Anyway, it was still fun and made my day it little less monotonous. I'm out.

None of us have.

Mayhem like Me
11-14-2012, 17:31
Try here..

http://www.rpso.org/uniform.htm

tantrix
11-14-2012, 17:35
Like I said earlier, not 1 post in an officer down thread, even the ones in GNG.

I don't come home to look at officer down threads all night.

Try here..

http://www.rpso.org/uniform.htm

I don't work for RPSO.

RussP
11-14-2012, 17:35
SGT HATRED sent me a link to this thread...well, here I am. I have nothing to hide....I never asked for respect here...None of us have.No, respect is earned...

Mayhem like Me
11-14-2012, 17:38

First I was like....:wow:

Then I was like..:dunno:

Then I thought about this:bunny::bunny:

Then I read your post again and was all...:rock:

Now I just feel like...:couch:

tantrix
11-14-2012, 17:41
No, respect is earned...

I don't need 'interweb street cred' to sleep well at night...but like I said, it did at least keep me entertained for the last half of my shift.

Matter of fact, if you want you can lock this thing down right now and I'll be fine...I'm not seeking anything from anyone here. I was called out, and I came, for my own entertainment. I was going to reveal everything in my 1st post, but then I thought about it and...why do I need to prove anything to a bunch of people I don't even talk to? Likewise, I've never asked anyone else here to provide anything either...I have bigger things to worry about.

Anything I typed here is more than what I owed anyone.

Mayhem like Me
11-14-2012, 17:41
http://www.sheriffalerts.com/cap_contact.php?office=54401

?

RussP
11-14-2012, 17:42
I don't need 'interweb street cred' to sleep well at night...but like I said, it did at least keep me entertained for the last half of my shift.

Matter of fact, if you want you can lock this thing down right now and I'll be fine...I'm not seeking anything from anyone here. I was called out, and I came. Anything I typed here is more than what I owed anyone.Lock it for what reason?

Kelo6
11-14-2012, 17:47
Lock it for what reason?

I think he's too scared to keep fighting. :dunno:

It always sucks when people don't eat your story right out of your hand like you want them to... :whistling:

Kelo6
11-14-2012, 17:49
Post #194:
Bye everyone.

Post# 202:
Anyway, it was still fun and made my day it little less monotonous. I'm out.

Tantrix, I thought you were done here?

GRIMLET
11-14-2012, 17:51

Which means what?

dac1204
11-14-2012, 17:54
http://www.sheriffalerts.com/cap_contact.php?office=54401

?

Based on his info that he gave, he could only work 4 sheriffs' departments in the state. I already posted which ones.

RussP
11-14-2012, 17:57
I don't need 'interweb street cred' to sleep well at night...but like I said, it did at least keep me entertained for the last half of my shift....

Anything I typed here is more than what I owed anyone.You owe no one here anything. That is true.

You find amusement taunting fellow law enforcement officers in arrogant, insulting ways.

You disrespect fallen officers by using their deaths as identifying benchmarks in your life. That is despicable. And you do not want to get into that with me.

I've known a couple of people in law enforcement like you. Didn't like them either.

Now, I know you'll say judging you by what you post on the internet is not fair. You're a good husband, a good father, a good citizen. You may even think you're a good deputy. The question is, are you a cop?

I don't think so.

Mayhem like Me
11-14-2012, 17:59
[QUOTE=dac1204;19631839]Based on his info that he gave, he could only work 4 sheriffs' departments

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/).

He may not be posting correct information either

Gear
11-14-2012, 18:00

Matter of fact, if you want you can lock this thing down right now and I'll be fine...I'm not seeking anything from anyone here. I was called out, and I came, for my own entertainment. I was going to reveal everything in my 1st post, but then I thought about it and...why do I need to prove anything to a bunch of people I don't even talk to? Likewise, I've never asked anyone else here to provide anything either...I have bigger things to worry about.

Anything I typed here is more than what I owed anyone.

If you have nothing to prove then why do you keep coming back? You may have never asked for respect but you certainly did a nice job of making an ass of yourself. It would have been just as easy to say "I am a current full time post certified LEO" and left it at that. Instead you went on a typical troll escapade as most do. And you wonder why we question your authenticity? :upeyes:

So you felt we were "calling you out". I don't believe this was completely about you. I believe the OP started this topic about ALL whackers in general.

Honestly if all you have to add to CT is trolling then kindly move along. Thanks.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 18:04
Lock it for what reason?

You don't have to...I mostly hang out in GNG where things rarely reach 9 pages. Anyway, have a good night.

RussP
11-14-2012, 18:05
You don't have to...I mostly hang out in GNG where things rarely reach 9 pages. Anyway, have a good night.Really, for what reason?

Gear
11-14-2012, 18:05
You don't have to...I mostly hang out in GNG where things rarely reach 9 pages. Anyway, have a good night.

Bye now. :wavey:

Gear
11-14-2012, 18:07
Really, for what reason?

Because all the other super secret ninja SWAT team SEAL guys whom don't feel the need to be authenticated hang out there. :rofl:

Ship A'Hoy
11-14-2012, 18:28
OK folks I've figured it out, tantrix is really GECKO45

WINNER...

RussP
11-14-2012, 18:28
...I mostly hang out in GNG...Okay, we'll see you there...

RussP
11-14-2012, 18:30

WINNER...I was going to say Steven Seagal until I saw what he claims is his photo.

Gombey
11-14-2012, 18:33
Grimlet, I got hired on last October. Graduated the Academy in April of this year. Even seeing an officer down on a tv show or some other fictional work hurts.

I may be over sensitive, I don't know, but for me just a simple show of solidarity on a forum that may just be an empty gesture helps me cope. Just to know that someone from that family or that department MIGHT see my post gives me a little solace. We are a family, this is what I read into TBO's post. Just my opinion.

Tantrix, I was reading this for fun and really didn't want to get involved. But with the post about the fallen officers the fun evaporated.

I have no dog in this fight really, but I would like the foolishness to cease. If you agree to it I will PM you my agency email address. Email me from yours verify the information and I will let everyone know. There are people on here that can verify my status as I have mssg many and sent some a few things from my office.

Cochese
11-14-2012, 18:47
Tantrix.

http://apbweb.com/forums/verified-law-enforcement-officer-forums/

PM a moderator and get verified. Then everyone can eat their hat.

Its easy.

GRIMLET
11-14-2012, 18:49
Grimlet, I got hired on last October. Graduated the Academy in April of this year. Even seeing an officer down on a tv show or some other fictional work hurts.

I may be over sensitive, I don't know, but for me just a simple show of solidarity on a forum that may just be an empty gesture helps me cope. Just to know that someone from that family or that department MIGHT see my post gives me a little solace. We are a family, this is what I read into TBO's post. Just my opinion.

Tantrix, I was reading this for fun and really didn't want to get involved. But with the post about the fallen officers the fun evaporated.

I have no dog in this fight really, but I would like the foolishness to cease. If you agree to it I will PM you my agency email address. Email me from yours verify the information and I will let everyone know. There are people on here that can verify my status as I have mssg many and sent some a few things from my office.

I respect your position and appreciate your candor. Thanks

11A
11-14-2012, 19:05
So, after reading all of this I have come to believe that tantrix is hoping that the thread will get locked so he can claim that he would have posted his credentials, but couldn't.

Or, it could be that he is getting off of the fact that he (for once) is the center of attention.

...or, it could be both?

11A
11-14-2012, 19:08
Sorry, Double tap

CW Mock
11-14-2012, 19:08
A great disturbance in the Force I have felt ...

Gombey
11-14-2012, 19:09
I respect your position and appreciate your candor. Thanks

:cheers:

Dragoon44
11-14-2012, 19:12
A great disturbance in the Force I have felt ...

The dark side is strong with this one!

RyanNREMTP
11-14-2012, 19:17

WINNER...

You beat me to it. I was going to inquire if there was a super mall in Louisiana.

BMG22
11-14-2012, 19:34
The space ship looks like a giant toilet bowl.

I think Col. Mitchell said as much....

Dragoon44
11-14-2012, 19:34
Just about everyone has worked with "That guy" the misfit malcontent. He hates the job but stays because he can't find a better paying one. He is always out of step with everyone else but not only is he the one who is right, he is absolutely convinced he is the best officer on the force. The only one that does the job "Right".

beatcop
11-14-2012, 19:55
Talk about entertainment...lol

...any cop with a micron of pride would likely just "represent" (I saw that in a movie once).

You can play little anonymity games and speak the code words and usually validate yourself without violating opsec...you wear a badge and a name tag all day, a little risk is acceptable otherwise you wouldn't work the job.

This is like watching an interview where the guy lies in detail about peripherals and barely addresses the root issue.

RussP
11-14-2012, 20:07
I hope you don't run your mouth wreckless like that everywhere, you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that.I know some of you have said some outrageous things, but I don't recall anything like that. :cool:

Cochese
11-14-2012, 20:09
I hope you don't run your mouth wreckless like that everywhere, you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that.

Cochese
11-14-2012, 20:10
He obviously don't write a lot of reckless driving tickets. :rofl:

TBO
11-14-2012, 20:17
My deduction:

He's a jailer.
He was a jail transport officer who was sent along on that Swat call to transport the arrest to jail.
His transport van got bullet damage.
Telling the tale in sound byte makes him seem more than he is.

tantrix
11-14-2012, 20:21
Just finished a movie, just got caught up before starting the next one. Now I'm glad this isn't locked...it's still pretty entertaining.

RussP I can't remember what thread that was :rofl:

But, there is truth to it. I don't screw with people when out in the boat on the Atchafalaya, in the largest swamp in the US, it's easy to go missing and never be found.

RussP
11-14-2012, 20:33
Now I'm glad this isn't locked....See now, here's another question you refuse to answer.

Why should, why would this thread be locked? That's two questions.

Why will you not answer the questions...that's a third question.

beatcop
11-14-2012, 20:35
Hard to forget when you are the subject of scrutiny. http://www.seventeen.com/cm/seventeen/images/Weekend-Movies-Paul-Blart.JPG

Represent....bud, you got me hooked...waiting for the slam. What cop in their right mind wouldn't cred up.

This thread is making me thirsty.........

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Uu4RLAk-qi4/SBW4AKwQwKI/AAAAAAAAA6o/GB043TgNMxY/s400/AP4.jpg

RussP
11-14-2012, 20:36
RussP I can't remember what thread that wasClick on the > in the blue box in the quote.

RussP
11-14-2012, 20:42
But, there is truth to it. I don't screw with people when out in the boat on the Atchafalaya, in the largest swamp in the US, it's easy to go missing and never be found.That's a good thing for you to keep in mind wherever you are...