BCM Gunfighter's Grip Mod1 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : BCM Gunfighter's Grip Mod1

M&P15T
11-15-2012, 12:49
Ordered.

I'm seeking post-purchase peer product confirmation.:rofl::rofl:

Seriously, are they as comfortable as they look with the better grip angle?

Foxtrotx1
11-15-2012, 12:58
Ordered.

I hope it works out for you. I hear it's a good product. Myself, A2s.

M&P15T
11-15-2012, 13:30
This damn hobby.....always something new to try out.:supergrin:

cowboy1964
11-15-2012, 14:09
Nice thing about accessories like this is it's easy to resell if you don't want to keep it.

I may try the BCM myself but for now I'm trying the Magpul MIAD.

Fwdftw
11-15-2012, 15:01
I honestly dont like it. Just feels weird. I run the moe+ at the moment all thou id like a moe K.

Ive tried:
Bcm
Moe
Moe +
Ergo
Tango Down

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

WayaX
11-15-2012, 15:15
BCM Mod1 is the grip I'm putting on all rifles from here out. For me, it is slightly better than a Magpul MIAD (I wouldn't replace a MIAD with it, unless I were just going for consistency between rifles). Just about anything (aside from TangoDown's smaller grip) is a vast improvement over an A2.

faawrenchbndr
11-15-2012, 15:45
Did not care for the Mod1.........

WoodenPlank
11-15-2012, 16:43
Ordered.

Yep. Night and day difference from a MIAD for me. Love the GFG.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

M&P15T
11-16-2012, 07:14
Funny thought....

With the current post-election/chicken-little sapz-out but gun owners, I'm sure it's going to take some time for it to get to me. By then I'll probably will have forgotten that I ordered it, and it will be a very nice surprise to find it in the mail.

fuzzy03cls
11-16-2012, 07:19
I'll keep my hogue's....No reason to change what works for me.

WoodenPlank
11-16-2012, 10:44
Funny thought....

With the current post-election/chicken-little sapz-out but gun owners, I'm sure it's going to take some time for it to get to me. By then I'll probably will have forgotten that I ordered it, and it will be a very nice surprise to find it in the mail.

I've never had issues with shipping times coming from BCM, honestly.

Brian Brazier
11-16-2012, 11:00
I ran the MOD 0 it is my second favorite grip just behined the A2

whitebread
11-16-2012, 14:06
I run the Mod 1 grip on all my guns. I love it. When using a standard A2 grip, I was pushing the bottom of my palm off to get a steeper grip angle...the Mod 1 is perfect.

M&P15T
11-17-2012, 07:32
BCM does a good job with the e-mail confirmations and USPS tracking info.

Should be here in a day or two.

Should have ordered it sooner, as I'm due to go shooting tomorrow.

samuse
11-17-2012, 19:39
I honestly dont like it. Just feels weird....

Same here.

I was all excited about it until I tried it. It felt more like a handle than a grip, if that makes any sense.

For just shooting it was OK, but for manipulating the whole gun, I've found the A2 to work best for me.

Black&TAN
11-17-2012, 19:57
Also a fan of BCM, Mod 0 fits my hand well, great with gloves too.

sent via Tapatalk

M&P15T
11-20-2012, 09:13
I'm kinda ticked. BCM shipped a friggin' $30 item with the USPS, and required a signature.

So, I'm on the phone with the Post Office trying to figure out how I can pick it up, where it's actually at.

Seriously, that's stupid. It's a $30.00 item, no signature should be necessary. I work during the day, so I can't be there to receive it.

mjkeat
11-20-2012, 09:29
Odd, I've had $1k+ orders shipped from BCM w/o needing a signiture.

M&P15T
11-20-2012, 09:42
Odd, I've had $1k+ orders shipped from BCM w/o needing a signiture.

Great, now I'm really pissed.

This is just so stupid. The traffic around here is absolutely attrocious, and the road the Post Office is on is the worst in the area....by far.

Anywhoo, I called the post office. Evidently my postal delivery person was off sick yesterday, so the package was sent out with another, over-burdened postal worker, that tried to deliver it at 7:03 yesterday evening.

I was home, but I live in an apartment building. The building's office personnel will usually just sign for any package, but by the time the postal person got there last night they were closed. And of course the postal person did not actually come up to my apartment and attempt to deliver the package.

So the fact that the on-line tracking info says "Notice Left", when there absolutely was no notice left, makes more sense now.

They're going to re-deliver today. I told them to not require a signature, and just leave it at my apartment's office.

mjkeat
11-20-2012, 21:43
All you have to do is leave a note for the carrier. I used to do that just in case but at this point my USPS and UPS guys know the drill. I sometimes wonder what they think w/ the amount of ammunition and gear they deliver.

My guy at the USPS office wares a Glock lanyard. It's kind of funny.

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 21:51
I'm kinda ticked. BCM shipped a friggin' $30 item with the USPS, and required a signature.

So, I'm on the phone with the Post Office trying to figure out how I can pick it up, where it's actually at.

Seriously, that's stupid. It's a $30.00 item, no signature should be necessary. I work during the day, so I can't be there to receive it.

My $50 order two weeks ago was left on the front porch, no signature needed. That's very odd.

mvician
11-21-2012, 00:27
must be karma :rofl:

Maybe since your address is an apartment :dunno:

Brian Brazier
11-21-2012, 00:52

I had an Ebay seller send a $5 blu ray with a signature confirmation :dunno:

M&P15T
11-21-2012, 07:33
Got it, installed it, and it's awesome.

Much more comfortable with the angle.

Final determination rests with getting out to the range.

mjkeat
11-21-2012, 08:07
Not to criticize (seriously, this time) but why don't you take some of the money you spend on accessories to help you shoot better and put it toward instruction that will really help you shoot better?

M&P15T
11-21-2012, 08:19
Not to criticize (seriously, this time) but why don't you take some of the money you spend on accessories to help you shoot better and put it toward instruction that will really help you shoot better?

I probably will some day.

Keep in mind the real, total cost of a class. There's equipment I would need to buy, travel costs to get to a class and back, the cost of the class itself, etc., etc. That is a real chunk of change which far, faaaar out-weighs the paultry $30 I spent on this grip.

Plus, there's really no need for me to attend any training classes. I'm fair, fat and 40, I'm not in the Military and kicking doors. I'm not going into combat.

I understand your mantra is train, train, and then train some more. Understand, most recreational shooters are not oriented that way.

mjkeat
11-21-2012, 09:11
It's not just the grip. Add up everything. The PEQ, the wasted ammunition cementing bad habits, etc.

A google search revealed one place roughly 1 1/2 hrs from Arlington. I spent a year on the fense making excuses. Find a firearm forum dedicated to your state. That's where I found the places I train at. It's not as scary as it seems. Try a basic carbine. You'll thank yourself for it. It's not about becoming an operator, just proficient and safe.

It's irresponsible not to be as safe and proficient as possible. Plus it helps people not look so goofy on the range.

Ownership is just the beggining.

M&P15T
11-21-2012, 09:21
It's not just the grip. Add up everything. The PEQ, the wasted ammunition cementing bad habits, etc.

A google search revealed one place roughly 1 1/2 hrs from Arlington. I spent a year on the fense making excuses. Find a firearm forum dedicated to your state. That's where I found the places I train at. It's not as scary as it seems. Try a basic carbine. You'll thank yourself for it. It's not about becoming an operator, just proficient and safe.

It's irresponsible not to be as safe and proficient as possible. Plus it helps people not look so goofy on the range.

Ownership is just the beggining.

First, you make stupid assumptions about wasting ammunition practicing bad habbits. You have 0 knowledge on what I do on the range, or how I do it. Your post is absolutely chalked full of ignorance and incorrent assumptions.

Second, I have been shooting for 20+ years. I am very safe, and in no way look "goofy" at the range. When I am at the range, I am actually the guy that gives tips and pointers to other shooters, especially on the pistol range. Folks see me shooting and question me on the basics they're missing. I am proficient enough with my AR that I can shoot 2" groups at 100 yards, and hit a small torso-sized/shaped metal target, while standing and moving from side-to-side, very easily and at the same distance.

And that is as proficient as I currently am interested in spending the time and effort to get. Shooting is just one hobby I have. There are others that also take my time and money.

You really, really need to understand that other people are not like you. Your continued in-ability to accept that it's o.k. for other people to have different points of view on ARs, how you act as if your view is the only acceptable one, is simply juvenile and retarded.

Your last "paragraph" is just about as dumb as it gets. You're basically saying that unless someone is willing to go to multiple training classes time after time, for the entire time they own a firearm (because shooting is a perishable skill), that one is irresponsible.

Guess 98% of shooters should just turn 'em in then.

mjkeat
11-21-2012, 10:49
I have never met anyone that couldn't benefit from being a little safer or proficient, myself included.

Put yourself up against the measuring stick. Attend a basic carbine class and see for yourself. See where you really stand.

Either way it's your choice to make. Purchasing cool stuff to put on an AR is fun no doubt. Having that badass looking AR that everyone asks about sure feels good.

M&P15T
11-21-2012, 10:59
I have never met anyone that couldn't benefit from being a little safer or proficient, myself included.

Put yourself up against the measuring stick. Attend a basic carbine class and see for yourself. See where you really stand.

Either way it's your choice to make. Purchasing cool stuff to put on an AR is fun no doubt. Having that badass looking AR that everyone asks about sure feels good.

Like I said before, I'll find a class, probably in the spring.

I actually am very interested in a basic carbine class, but I've got research to do before I decide which one, where & when.

mjkeat
11-21-2012, 11:11
Like I said before, I'll find a class, probably in the spring.

I actually am very interested in a basic carbine class, but I've got research to do before I decide which one, where & when.

I apologize then. I never meant to come off as I felt you had to but feel it's a good path for everyone.

There's a place in Culpeper, roughly 1 1/2 hrs away from you.

M&P15T
11-21-2012, 11:23
I apologize then. I never meant to come off as I felt you had to but feel it's a good path for everyone.

There's a place in Culpeper, roughly 1 1/2 hrs away from you.

Like many without a money tree in the back-yard, my diverse interests vie for my limited fun dollars. More than anything, I truly believe a carbine course would be great fun. No doubt the opportunity to dress-up in...whatever it is I would need to buy (vest, mag puches etc.), and feeling like a youngster going through training would be fun.

Does this place in Culpeper (I already drive 3hrs round trip out to Rippon to shoot at 340 Defense) have a name I can Google?

mjkeat
11-21-2012, 11:43
It's not about dressing up. Do you own a pair of jeans w/ rear pockets, and 3 magazines for your handgun and AR, a holster and a sling? That's all you need to get started. Some places will provide holsters, slings, pouched, and even firearms.

First place I found, http://www.fpftraining.com/index.html

Try going to a local firearms forum and seeing if they have a "training" forum. THere you'll probably be able to find other places.

It looks like 340 Defense offers classes.

Also look into http://www.pgpft.com/Firearms-Training-Facilities/West-Virginia/Directions/

M&P15T
11-21-2012, 11:55
It's not about dressing up. Do you own a pair of jeans w/ rear pockets, and 3 magazines for your handgun and AR, a holster and a sling? That's all you need to get started. Some places will provide holsters, slings, pouched, and even firearms.

First place I found, http://www.fpftraining.com/index.html

Try going to a local firearms forum and seeing if they have a "training" forum. THere you'll probably be able to find other places.

It looks like 340 Defense offers classes.

Also look into http://www.pgpft.com/Firearms-Training-Facilities/West-Virginia/Directions/

For $350 for a day's training, I better leave there ready to join the friggin' SEALs.:rofl::rofl: I did see that there is a 100% money-back guarantee of satisfaction with the course, so I'm guessing it's pretty good. Although, upon closer inspection, John Murphy has no combat experience. I think I would prefer to learn from someone with it....real, true 11B type combat experience.

I looked at 340Defense, but I see no specialized carbine courses.

mjkeat
11-21-2012, 12:03
For $350 for a day's training, I better leave there ready to join the friggin' SEALs.:rofl::rofl: I did see that there is a 100% money-back guarantee of satisfaction with the course, so I'm guessing it's pretty good. Although, upon closer inspection, John Murphy has no combat experience. I think I would prefer to learn from someone with it....real, true 11B type combat experience.

I looked at 340Defense, but I see no specialized carbine courses.

They offer individual training for much less if you had looked into it further.

M&P15T
11-21-2012, 12:13
They offer individual training for much less if you had looked into it further.

"Designed for complete novices." That's not me.

I think one of EAG's courses, like their 3 day Carbine Operators Course would be worth dropping $1k plus all other expenses.

Three days shooting and learning, hanging out with other AR/Carbine enthusiasts.....now that would be fun.

mjkeat
11-21-2012, 12:27
"Designed for complete novices." That's not me.

I think one of EAG's courses, like their 3 day Carbine Operators Course would be worth dropping $1k plus all other expenses.

Three days shooting and learning, hanging out with other AR/Carbine enthusiasts.....now that would be fun.

Where do you draw from when you make comparisons on experience levels?

M&P15T
11-22-2012, 03:38
Where do you draw from when you make comparisons on experience levels?

The dictionary, or Google.

Look up "complete novice" versus "22 years of shooting".

I think you'll figure it out.

LL6
11-22-2012, 06:16
The dictionary, or Google.

Look up "complete novice" versus "22 years of shooting".

I think you'll figure it out.
Your attitude is a bit disappointing. You are being presented with fair information and reasonable questions. Rather than simply answering you're being flippant.

Speaking for myself with 40+ yrs of shooting, first round fired circa 1964 from a .22 Winchester rifle, I will be taking a 1 day carbine course before taking anything more advanced.

mjkeat
11-22-2012, 07:26
What's important is the seed has been planted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mvician
11-22-2012, 09:14
What's important is the seed has been planted.

Seeds been planted but will probably will lay there and rot.

I've been shooting for what seems like my whole life, but I sure would start off with a beginners carbine course.

WayaX
11-22-2012, 09:31
Seeds been planted but will probably will lay there and rot.

I've been shooting for what seems like my whole life, but I sure would start off with a beginners carbine course.

Sad but true.

A big complaint among instructors is that students are coming in thinking they know more than they do and taking the wrong level course. If you have never taken any course, take the beginner course. Leave your ego at home. Otherwise, you're going to be "that guy" who everyone hates and brings the whole class down because he doesn't have his fundamentals down.

Time does not make experience. You can be doing something your whole life and be doing it wrong. You don't know what you don't know.

bigmoney890
11-22-2012, 10:41

Have to be comfortable first, right?

mjkeat
11-22-2012, 11:01
Have to be comfortable first, right?

How do you know what is comfortable if you're not sure what you're doing is correct?

bigmoney890
11-22-2012, 11:13
The grip is a pretty easy thing to tell. I wasn't trying to contradict you, I believe training is important, but if your not comfortable (ie, your grip) then it's a little hard to do things correctly.

mjkeat
11-22-2012, 13:39
The grip is a pretty easy thing to tell. I wasn't trying to contradict you, I believe training is important, but if your not comfortable (ie, your grip) then it's a little hard to do things correctly.

Didn't think you were. Just throwing it out there.

pag23
11-22-2012, 16:54
I need to get to a class. I have been hand gun shooting over 15yrs and rifle about 3 but the ability to be critiqued and given the chance to correct mistakes is worth it. I am looking into something local if available.

M&P15T
11-22-2012, 17:52
Your attitude is a bit disappointing. You are being presented with fair information and reasonable questions. Rather than simply answering you're being flippant.

Speaking for myself with 40+ yrs of shooting, first round fired circa 1964 from a .22 Winchester rifle, I will be taking a 1 day carbine course before taking anything more advanced.

If you actually knew what was being discussed, if you knew precisely what the topic was between Mkjeat and I, you wouldn't have the opinion that I'm not open minded on training.

I am definitely interested in taking a carbine course. I simply have to find the right one.

M&P15T
11-22-2012, 18:02
How do you know what is comfortable if you're not sure what you're doing is correct?

You make assumptions that I'm doing things wrong...

Tisk-tisk.

Dig this.

There is tons of information available to learn the basics of using a rifle, not just courses. If one can read and search the internet, one can find the basic info to start with.

Plus, deciding if a grip is more comfortable does not require a training course. Install it, try it, hold it at the ready for a bit....it's not that hard.

And of course, as I have already said, final judgement awaits after a trip to the range.

But hell, simply handling the rifle shows that the angle of the grip reduces stress on the wrist when presenting my rifle....quite a bit actually. I don't chicken wing, so the angle helps a lot. Tucking the stock into the chest/shoulder area with my elbow tucked in, holding a firing position, shows a huge difference.

I'm actually surprised that these grips are a relatively new thing. But then the techniques for shooting an AR that make the difference so noticeable (versus a bladed stance) are relatively new.

LL6
11-23-2012, 04:30
If you actually knew what was being discussed, if you knew precisely what the topic was between Mkjeat and I, you wouldn't have the opinion that I'm not open minded on training.

I am definitely interested in taking a carbine course. I simply have to find the right one.
You mentioned a 3-day Operator course. What did I misunderstand? :dunno:

M&P15T
11-23-2012, 05:55
You mentioned a 3-day Operator course. What did I misunderstand? :dunno:

The 3 day Operators Course is absolutely not what I was referring to in the first sentance of my post you originally quoted.

However, when I did mention the 3 day Operators Course, I was discussing it in a very positive manner, I think it would be great. So I am even more confused as to why you think I'm against going to a course.

I think the confusion may lie in the fact that Mkjeat and I were talking about some courses offered local to me. We were both looking at their class descriptions on-line, but neither of us posted a link.

samuse
11-23-2012, 20:59
If anyone interested and close enough, look up Tigerswan.

Their 2 day basic carbine class is great and wouldn't be a waste of time for anyone.

If you're already proficient it's a good fun refresher and if you're a noob it will be some of the best money you ever spend. You'll come away from that class with a solid base of the fundamentals.

M&P15T
11-26-2012, 07:56
Went shooting yesterday with the new grip.

Best way to explain the difference, is that I noticed nothing at all. The grip is so comfortable, I never even thought about it.

Genin
11-26-2012, 12:40
Went shooting yesterday with the new grip.

Best way to explain the difference, is that I noticed nothing at all. The grip is so comfortable, I never even thought about it.

Awesome. It's always nice to have the weapon feel better in your hands. I hated the stock grip as well. I never used the BCM but do love my Magpul MIAD.

M&P15T
11-26-2012, 12:53
Awesome. It's always nice to have the weapon feel better in your hands. I hated the stock grip as well. I never used the BCM but do love my Magpul MIAD.

I took a MIAD grip off, which is a really nice grip. This new grip totally removes any stress placed on your wrist.....very comfortable.

I think what most people will find disagreeable is the look of it. It is definitely different.

M&P15T
11-29-2012, 04:32
New grip, definitely looks different.
http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae41/pugcra/011.jpg

WarEagle32
11-30-2012, 14:34
New grip, definitely looks different.
http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae41/pugcra/011.jpg

Are you glad you got the Mod 1 or do you think the Mod 0 would be better? I am about to try one of the two. Leaning Mod 1.

CW Mock
11-30-2012, 23:25
If they make another ... I hope it's as big as a large MIAD with the A1 style front strap.

That's my only complaint with the gunfighter. It's too small.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Brian Brazier
11-30-2012, 23:48
They are the same size, only difference is the duckbill extension that goes up the back of the lower. I perfer the mod 0 without the extension, my ar is milled down on the back of the lower so the extension isnt needed.

JBUS
12-01-2012, 00:26
I am going to order the Umbrella Corp grip ($19) when it comes back in stock.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3292

M&P15T
12-01-2012, 07:24
Are you glad you got the Mod 1 or do you think the Mod 0 would be better? I am about to try one of the two. Leaning Mod 1.

I can't offer any opinion on the Mod 0 as I've never had one. It looked smaller (than the Mod 1) on BCMs web-site, so I went with the Mod 1.

I will say, the GFG Mod 1 replaced a MIAD grip with the medium back-strap, and it's a considerably smaller grip, which (for me) allows for better trigger technique.

M&P15T
12-01-2012, 07:26
I am going to order the Umbrella Corp grip ($19) when it comes back in stock.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3292

Just a thought:

If the whole Resident Evil thing is your bag, then by all means, satisfy your hunger.

But I'm willing to bet that the Gun Fighter Grip is a higher quality product, plus it has a storage compartment, and comes from a recognized manufacturer in the AR world.

I would definitely suggest spending the additional $16.

WoodenPlank
12-01-2012, 08:13
Just a thought:

If the whole Resident Evil thing is your bag, then by all means, satisfy your hunger.

But I'm willing to bet that the Gun Fighter Grip is a higher quality product, plus it has a storage compartment, and comes from a recognized manufacturer in the AR world.

Magpul had at least a hand in the design of the Umbrella grip. I get the feeling it was a lot more than that, though.

That said, I have a Mod. 1 GFG on my SBR, and there will be one on my new lower in the near future. I'll gladly spend $30 on a Gunfighter.

JBUS
12-02-2012, 05:46
Just a thought:

It's NOT my bag. I've never even seen the movie. And don't care about zombie apocalypse stuff.

I don't care about storage in my grip.

I have no doubts about BCM quality. My BCM charging handle has done its job without complaint.

AND yes, they've acknowledged MagPul was involved in it's design.

M&P15T
12-03-2012, 09:28
It's NOT my bag. I've never even seen the movie. And don't care about zombie apocalypse stuff.

I don't care about storage in my grip.

I have no doubts about BCM quality. My BCM charging handle has done its job without complaint.

AND yes, they've acknowledged MagPul was involved in it's design.

Do a nice review for us when you get it out to the range, love to hear about it.

Fwdftw
12-03-2012, 15:56
i too plan to grab a umberella grip as well as a lower because I DO love the games and movies o_O

M&P15T
12-04-2012, 04:10
i too plan to grab a umberella grip as well as a lower because I DO love the games and movies o_O

You can tell a real RE fan......for us it's about the games, the movies are secondary!!!:rofl:

Fwdftw
12-04-2012, 11:30
indeed!

JBUS
12-22-2012, 20:11
Do a nice review for us when you get it out to the range, love to hear about it.

Fiancée ordered me the BCM Mod O grip.

I happened to see the package that came in the mail. It was from BCM.

I like the Umbrella but don't like the backstrap going so high.

mvician
12-22-2012, 21:24
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/Spikes%20and%20Palmetto%20State%20Armory/P1170260_zps37bf8c4f.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/Spikes%20and%20Palmetto%20State%20Armory/P1170259_zps6a0eaa54.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/Spikes%20and%20Palmetto%20State%20Armory/P1170258_zps3ab314bb.jpg

I won the Umbrella Corp grip on facebook, it was custom stippled by zero7one.

I have used Magpul MIAD's and MOE's on all my other AR's.
One of them wears the TangoDown BG17.

I've had the BCM grip on the above for a couple of months now and really like it but wished it filled the hand just a bit more.

The Umbrella Corp grip does fill my hand just that little bit.

Storage in the grip? I've never put anything in any of my others so this grip having an open bottom doesn't matter to me.

BlackPaladin
12-22-2012, 23:44
Classes are some of the most enjoyment you will ever have with your rifle. I don't think you can walk away without saying it was a good experience.