Stripped lowers+4473? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stripped lowers+4473?

Cole125
11-15-2012, 18:55
Quick question I was thinking about today; does anyone know how dealers usually record a stripped AR lower on a 4473?

Would the government be able to look at a 4473 from a AR lower purchase and tell that a AR lower was purchased VS a ordinary long gun?

Not to break out the tin foil hats, but just wondering... :wavey:

WoodenPlank
11-15-2012, 19:00
Quick question I was thinking about today; does anyone know how dealers usually record a stripped AR lower on a 4473?

Would the government be able to look at a 4473 from a AR lower purchase and tell that a AR lower was purchased VS a ordinary long gun?

Not to break out the tin foil hats, but just wondering... :wavey:

Make, model, serial number, type (rifle, pistol, shotgun, receiver, etc), caliber/gauge.

Walt_NC
11-15-2012, 19:45
I know for a fact that in Virginia, stripped lowers are classified as 'other' as opposed to rifle or pistol. I was told that this was because federal regs only classify firearms on the 4473 as pistol, rifle, etc when they are sold fully assembled.

That whole thing about having to engrave pistol lowers is nonsense - at least in Virginia. Some guys still do it for peace of mind, though.

YMMV

TucsonGlocker
11-15-2012, 20:21
The last stripped lower I purchased here in AZ (roughly 2 months ago) was marked as "Other" on the 4473.

If the .gov comes looking for it, you lost your "assault" rifle when your boat sank... :whistling: Remember???? :supergrin: