Counterfeiter can't keep his presidents straight [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Counterfeiter can't keep his presidents straight

jacquejet
11-15-2012, 20:34
Counterfeiter spent 3 days passing bogus $100 bills with Abraham Lincoln's picture on them. Don't know which is dumber, the crook or the clerks.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news/local_news/not-so-honest-abe/article_77ca5afe-6276-5432-bd26-1975cdb385a5.html

collim1
11-16-2012, 15:01
Some of the bills I have seen passed are pretty pitiful, even printed on computer paper.

The suspects I have caught purposely went to busy convenience stores during a busy time of day to ensure the cashier was in a hurry and distracted.

Since most businesses use a marker to check bill $20 and above I am seeing a lot more small bills counterfeited. I am also seeing a lot more $5 bills washed and printed over with larger bills so they still mark as a valid bill.

It doesn't surprise me at all that some of the bills passed, I'd be willing to bet a lot of clerks couldn't tell you who is supposed to be on a $100 bill if you caught them off guard.

For some reason the Walmart gas station in my jurisdiction is where we get 95% of of our forged currency complaints. Dont know if thats because people choose it to pass bills for some reason, or becuase they are doing more to check for phony bills.