Ameriglo selling used sights as new... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo selling used sights as new...

11-15-2012, 20:35
so decided to recently try out a set of ameriglo i-dot pros as i felt that they would suit my needs better....i ordered a set directly from the ameriglo website....got the package a few days later and it's been laying around since i've been a little busy....

tonight, after stepping in a pile of dog ***** while walking my puppy and tracking it through the house unknowingly, i decided to cool off by doing some gunsmithing (after mopping the floors of course :steamed: )

sight pusher - check
loctite - check
new sights - check

i opened up the package and glanced at the sights....i noticed that the front sight had a small scratch across the top....wtf? then i looked underneath and saw what looked to be buildup of dirt/grime....then upon closer inspection, i saw that even though one side of the front sight was nice and clean, the other had residual loctite still stuck around the edge....the rear appeared to be 'new'....

now i'm not anal about things...life is too short for that....and it's not like this will affect the performance of the gun....but it's the principle of the thing....i paid for NEW night sights and that's what i expected....it's not like i went on ebay to try and save a buck....the pictures are fuzzy because my camera on my phone doesn't have a macro setting, but you can still see what i'm talking about...i'll be calling them first thing in the morning...i just needed to vent :steamed:

http://www.justwaitingtodie.com/craigs/ameriglo1.JPGhttp://www.justwaitingtodie.com/craigs/ameriglo2.JPGhttp://www.justwaitingtodie.com/craigs/ameriglo3.JPGhttp://www.justwaitingtodie.com/craigs/ameriglo4.JPG

SJ 40
11-15-2012, 20:56
I would call them,I suspect a mixup. I have a couple of sets of their sights and have never received anything other than new sights from them,I'm sure they will make it right for you. SJ 40

INEEDMILK
11-15-2012, 20:59
this is totally unacceptable

dsa1115
11-15-2012, 21:01
I can tell you right off the bat that your front sight is not new. Looking at the date code on the sight in the photograph, that sight was manufactured in 2009. If the sights were a recent purchase it's quite clear that front sight is 3 years old.

11-15-2012, 21:03
I can tell you right off the bat that your front sight is not new. Looking at the date code on the sight in the photograph, that sight was manufactured in 2009. If the sights were a recent purchase it's quite clear that front sight is 3 years old.

thank you for catching that....i was wondering what that 09 meant....these sights were bought last week....

now i'm even more pissed....:steamed:

dsa1115
11-15-2012, 21:11
Yeah....that 09 code on the Trijicon is the year of manufacture, and the reason it's dated is because of the warranty. Think the green lamps I believe are warrantied for 12 years. Just send it back and I'm sure they'll make it right.

dkf
11-15-2012, 21:14
I would not be surprised if they just send you out a new set of sights on the spot. E-mail them and send pics. They answer their e-mails.

11-15-2012, 21:16
i know mistakes happen....oh well...some days you're the dog and some days you're the fire hydrant....

kodiakpb
11-15-2012, 21:27
You say that you got i-Dot Pros? That looks to be a standard height front sight (ie. to be used with factory height rear sites).

kodiakpb
11-15-2012, 21:35
Here is the front sight height on my 19 (i-Dot Pros): Not sure what weapon you have but I'd ask them about it when you call.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/16/nenu3yge.jpg

Glock!9
11-15-2012, 21:39
I know them personally, just call and I am certain they will make it right. Report back.

USMCsilver
11-15-2012, 21:41
Tagged

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

NCHeel
11-15-2012, 21:46
Does the packaging show the date of manufacture? Wondering if someone is trying to swap out sights every couple of years. Order new sights and put old sights in new box and return to Ameriglo. If returns dept. misses it then the guy gets away with it. If they catch it he plays stupid and says that is what you sent me.

kodiakpb
11-15-2012, 21:50
I've ordered quite a bit from Ameriglo. I may be wrong but I believe they package them based off the combinations you order...in other words they are not pre-packaged. Example, I ordered a complete set before with an extra front sight and they were all in the same package. This looks to be a simple mistake in packaging.

11-15-2012, 22:19
You say that you got i-Dot Pros? That looks to be a standard height front sight (ie. to be used with factory height rear sites).

https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

i ordered gl-204

for some reason, they say that i need those for my 32c...i thought my 357 would be in the same category as all the other 9mm, 40s...i'm still confused about it as all the other sights i've owned from various manufacturers lump 9, 40, and 357 together for one category of sight heights, and 10mm and 45 for the other sight heights....

i'll clear this up on the phone tomorrow and post and update...

11-15-2012, 22:21
Does the packaging show the date of manufacture? Wondering if someone is trying to swap out sights every couple of years. Order new sights and put old sights in new box and return to Ameriglo. If returns dept. misses it then the guy gets away with it. If they catch it he plays stupid and says that is what you sent me.

just checked...nothing on the package for date of manufacture...

kodiakpb
11-15-2012, 22:30
https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

i ordered gl-204

for some reason, they say that i need those for my 32c...i thought my 357 would be in the same category as all the other 9mm, 40s...i'm still confused about it as all the other sights i've owned from various manufacturers lump 9, 40, and 357 together for one category of sight heights, and 10mm and 45 for the other sight heights....

i'll clear this up on the phone tomorrow and post and update...

Hmmm, yeah not sure how accurate the pics are on the website, but even the gl-204 front sight looks to be the same height as the one for the 19. It's definitely taller than the pic you posted. Curious to see what they say tomorrow.

11-16-2012, 08:29
well, last night while we were discussing this on the forum, i went ahead and emailed them about the issue....i was surprised to get a reply sent around 1045pm from them (my email client wasn't open at the time so it was about 1140pm by the time i saw the email)....apparently, they didn't make the idot pros in 09, but they did have a prototype that year....and due to a mixup, i was the lucky winner of their prototype lol....at the crack of dawn today, Rick C. from ameriglo emailed to tell me my replacement is being shipped today....

i'll still call them shortly to inquire about the sight height thing though...

so far, their customer service seems top notch as i don't know of any company that would bother to reply to customer inquiries after business hours...thanks again Rick....

AmeriGlo
11-16-2012, 08:39
We are not sure of how a customer received that front sight from us. Our .220" ProGlo front was not sold commercially until late 2010. That sight looks like an early prototype. A replacement will be sent today. To receive quickest service we suggest contacting us directly if a problem occurs.

lethal tupperwa
11-16-2012, 09:05
this is what happens when you deal with the best.

If there is a problem, They take care of it promptly

or sooner.

Tiro Fijo
11-16-2012, 09:24
Why do people come onto the Internet & whine BEFORE contacting the manufacturer first? :upeyes:

Contact the co. FIRST and give them a chance to correct what is in all likelihood a simple mistake. :wavey:

SJ 40
11-16-2012, 09:26
Ameriglo is always my first choice, they put the customer first when it comes to customer service.
I also appreciate that they sell their sights separately so one can mix and match as they want or buy a front sight only if they choose.
When you posted about your problem I knew it was a mixup as they do not sell used as new,I also knew they would make it right. SJ 40

11-16-2012, 09:37
Why do people come onto the Internet & whine BEFORE contacting the manufacturer first? :upeyes:

Contact the co. FIRST and give them a chance to correct what is in all likelihood a simple mistake. :wavey:

because last night, i said i needed to vent...after a hellacious week (i totaled my acura NSX the other day and was dealing with insurance crap all week), i was looking forward to shooting this weekend with my new sights....i SHOULD HAVE taken a chill pill first before posting...when i finally did pull that stick out of my ass last night, i said i knew that it (the mixup) was a mistake....regardless...we're all good now....but at least i learned about the date stamping on the sites...i'm sure a lot of forum lurkers did too...

concretefuzzynuts
11-16-2012, 09:57
I am very impressed at the level of customer care by Ameriglo.

Genin
11-16-2012, 12:05
Ameriglo has the best customer service I have ever experienced. I live about 2.5 hours from them so I also get all my sights next day!

Bruce M
11-16-2012, 12:56
Sounds like great service from them!

JBP55
11-18-2012, 17:01
I have purchased dozens of sights from Ameriglo and if you have an issue you need to contact them, not a gun forum.

WebSnyper
11-18-2012, 17:59

I learned a few things in this thread, including the fact that Ameriglo seems to have excellent customer service. This thread has actually made it more likely that I would buy Ameriglo, as mistakes can and do happen, but seeing how a company handles them is a true test.

concretefuzzynuts
11-18-2012, 18:21
I learned a few things in this thread, including the fact that Ameriglo seems to have excellent customer service. This thread has actually made it more likely that I would buy Ameriglo, as mistakes can and do happen, but seeing how a company handles them is a true test.

So they've actually gained a customer or more by this complaint and follow up great customer service being posted here.

kaech
11-18-2012, 19:38
thats not cool,used old stock (09). the very worst thing about ameriglo these days is the whole world knows about the GSSF/GLOCKTALK disco. so all there prices went WAY up to make up for the shipping/money loss. its pretty sad when you can by new ameriglo at online retailers for near 1/2 what they chrage...glad they are making it right

LibertyPatriot
11-18-2012, 20:06
Most manufacturers sell their own products online for higher than retailers do since they're selling direct. If they can sell by the case to retailers and individuals by the each with the same labor, who gets the better price? Yeah retailers then they can mark it up a little and do the individual sales with other goods to make up the difference of shipping labor.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

mongo356
11-18-2012, 21:12
the very worst thing about ameriglo these days is the whole world knows about the GSSF/GLOCKTALK disco. so all there prices went WAY up to make up for the shipping/money loss. its pretty sad when you can by new ameriglo at online retailers for near 1/2 what they chrage...glad they are making it right

Honestly I'm happy there is an American company making a great product w/ great customer support.

You have the option to buy from online retailers right???

If $10 (usually what the discount is) makes or breaks the deal then maybe you should get a Norinco. They along with the really cheap Chinese night sights will put money back in your pocket and you can once again be a happy customer.

lethal tupperwa
11-19-2012, 05:53
you could ask Ameriglo if the GSSF or Glock Talk discounts are still available.

what else have you noticed where the prices went up?

food and darn near everything else.

Gallium
11-19-2012, 06:18
thats not cool,used old stock (09). the very worst thing about ameriglo these days is the whole world knows about the GSSF/GLOCKTALK disco. so all there prices went WAY up to make up for the shipping/money loss. its pretty sad when you can by new ameriglo at online retailers for near 1/2 what they chrage...glad they are making it right

Not sure exactly what you are bellyaching about. I have purchased about 1/2 dozen sights directly from Ameriglo. The most recent was two of these, about a year or so ago...got em fast, and never had an issue dealing with them.

http://www.ameriglo.net/sites/default/files/gl433%20gl434.jpg

I'll also cut someone who wrecked a NSX :faint::faint: a LITTLE bit of slack, but yeah, please do contact vendors/manufacturers 1st always. It's kinda hard for Ameriglo to put the genie back in the bottle even if they made a correctible mistake, with a title like that.

Trgtguy
11-19-2012, 12:16
This is a slightly different problem on the Ameriglo sights. When installing them on your Glock , you may notice that the sight won't tighten-up enough against the hole in your slide , even after the screw is as tight as you can get it.. It's still loose . I solved the problem by putting two washers under the screw head to make for a tighter fit. My picts. show the washers under the slide, You may not see them as they're the same size as the large milled out hole that Glock makes underneath. In the pictures ,I show how the screw should look and then how it may look, when it doesn't fully screw in.

SiberianErik
11-19-2012, 12:21
OMG you KOed a NSX ...well you just can't swing by Fat Joes used cars and pick one of those up. Sorry to hear that. A guy around here has two, a red one and a blk one. So if he crashed one he has a back up.

I used to be active on the BMW ///M forums and one of the best ownage threads in the history of the internetz came from the NSX guys on their forum. A guy talking crap about how tugh his NSX was vs our M3's. He, in the span of about 10 posts got outed as his true identy was found and then the sharks went after him and turned up all kinds of personal crap..

mjkeat
11-19-2012, 12:34
Completely irresponsible d-bag thing to do.

Ameriglo is a great organization putting out a great product.

kodiakpb
11-19-2012, 12:36
This is a slightly different problem on the Ameriglo sights. When installing them on your Glock , you may notice that the sight won't tighten-up enough against the hole in your slide , even after the screw is as tight as you can get it.. It's still loose . I solved the problem by putting two washers under the screw head to make for a tighter fit. My picts. show the washers under the slide, You may not see them as they're the same size as the large milled out hole that Glock makes underneath. In the pictures ,I show how the screw should look and then how it may look, when it doesn't fully screw in.

I have 7 sets of their sights and I have never run into the problem you are describing.

grecco
11-19-2012, 12:57
I have done business with them,
never an issue, just give them a call,
i am sure they will make it right.

MikeG36
11-19-2012, 14:01

Take them to a professional and have them installed. :wavey:

Trgtguy
11-19-2012, 15:03
I.ve put on lots of Ameriglo sights before and never had a problem, I guess it can happen to anybody, though, I think when the threads were drilled maybe the hole wasn't deep enough into the metal sight, or else they have different length screws and the one in my set was too long. Anyway the Orange one that I bought that has the orange surround is great for daylight and easy to see with the tritium center at night. A good product !

nraman
11-19-2012, 15:07
Another reason for returning them is the fact that night sights last approximately 12 years (half life of tritium). These sights already lost 1/4 of their useful life. They look OK now but they will die sooner than they should.
I don't buy Mepro or any other sights that don't have the day of manufacture stamped on the sights. Without a date we are buying a pig in a poke.

DannyR
11-19-2012, 20:55
Ameriglo has the best customer service in the industry. I've been using them since 2004.:wavey:

deathpriest
11-19-2012, 22:28

This happened to me once. Contacted Amerigo and the replacement was at my door 3 days later. All my glocks have Ameriglo sights.

11-19-2012, 22:31
Completely irresponsible d-bag thing to do.

Ameriglo is a great organization putting out a great product.

who exactly are you calling a d-bag?

Gallium
11-20-2012, 02:33
Another reason for returning them is the fact that night sights last approximately 12 years (half life of tritium). These sights already lost 1/4 of their useful life. They look OK now but they will die sooner than they should.
I don't buy Mepro or any other sights that don't have the day of manufacture stamped on the sights. Without a date we are buying a pig in a poke.

I have a G19 that I purchased in...2004 (8 yrs ago). They have Trijicon sights on them. That gun sits next to a 3rd gen 2011 G23 with the same Trijicon (new) sights. You would be hard pressed to tell which was which.

Chuck TX
11-20-2012, 09:20
Why does an AmeriGlo front sight say Trijicon? I take it Trijicon actually makes the tritium part?

lethal tupperwa
11-20-2012, 09:29
you are correct trijicon makes the lamps.

mjkeat
11-20-2012, 09:40
who exactly are you calling a d-bag?

You're the OP, correct? If so, you.

motorcycleman
11-20-2012, 10:01
Well I enjoyed reading this thread. I will put Ameriglo on my Glock. Always great to read and learn. Watch out for doggie doo, drive carefully and realize everyone makes mistakes. How they fix them shows their class. Tim

nraman
11-20-2012, 10:31
I have a G19 that I purchased in...2004 (8 yrs ago). They have Trijicon sights on them. That gun sits next to a 3rd gen 2011 G23 with the same Trijicon (new) sights. You would be hard pressed to tell which was which.

Are you saying that the laws of nature don't apply to your sights and therefore the age of the sights doesn't matter?
Perhaps.
Unfortunately my night sights still obey the natural laws and the H3 in the lamp has radioactive decay with a 12 year half life, which means that the fresher they are the longer they will last. I don't know what else to say.

Gallium
11-20-2012, 11:47
Are you saying that the laws of nature don't apply to your sights and therefore the age of the sights doesn't matter?
Perhaps.
Unfortunately my night sights still obey the natural laws and the H3 in the lamp has radioactive decay with a 12 year half life, which means that the fresher they are the longer they will last. I don't know what else to say.
ok....