Glock 30: rail or no rail ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 30: rail or no rail ?

tercel89
11-16-2012, 08:17
I have a G30 with a rail and an older one from 1997 without a rail. Which do you guys prefer ? I dont know of anything or light that I would want to hang from the rails of a smaller gun like a 30 , do you ? If so post some pics please.

barth
11-16-2012, 08:29
I have a G30 with a rail and an older one from 1997 without a rail. Which do you guys prefer ? I dont know of anything or light that I would want to hang from the rails of a smaller gun like a 30 , do you ? If so post some pics please.

I don't like lights or lasers on a carry gun.
For home defense a tactical light is nice.
If it's a one gun for everything?
Then a rails makes sense.
I've got multiple guns.

mo.glocker
11-16-2012, 09:32
if your going to keep one ,keep the rail,i bought a g30 lower w/rail on g-b for my g36,great ccw and a trl-3 on the rail works great for nitestand duty:wavey:

Frank V
11-16-2012, 09:56
Can't post pictures, but I don't personally like the rail. To me, they just don't look nice & I have NO intention of hanging anything under my gun.
Frank

tercel89
11-16-2012, 11:08
Can't post pictures, but I don't personally like the rail. To me, they just don't look nice & I have NO intention of hanging anything under my gun.
Frank
I understand completely , keep the posts coming .

Roger1079
11-16-2012, 11:08
FrankI don't know anyone that owns a Glock because it looks nice. Glock makes some of the ugliest pistols out there. I bought and carry my Glocks because they are durable, reliable, and priced lower than many comparable pistols. On a side note, My G30 has a rail I have never used.

tercel89
11-16-2012, 11:09
if your going to keep one ,keep the rail,i bought a g30 lower w/rail on g-b for my g36,great ccw and a trl-3 on the rail works great for nitestand duty:wavey:

Hey do you have a picture of your ? I have always wanted to see a G30 frame with a G36 slide. Don't they call it the G30 "hybrid" ?

tercel89
11-16-2012, 11:10

Hey do you have a picture of your ? I have always wanted to see a G30 frame with a G36 slide. Don't they call it the G30 "hybrid

randyc74
11-16-2012, 11:36

I have a Generation 3 with the rail. It's my nightstand gun with a TLR1 attached. My 2nd Gen non-railed G23 had been my LEO duty weapon. I would like to have the option to attach a light to the G23 if needed.

mo.glocker
11-16-2012, 13:51
Hey do you have a picture of your ? I have always wanted to see a G30 frame with a G36 slide. Don't they call it the G30 "hybrid
great ccw in a comp-tac minotor

Frank V
11-16-2012, 14:12
I don't know anyone that owns a Glock because it looks nice. Glock makes some of the ugliest pistols out there. I bought and carry my Glocks because they are durable, reliable, and priced lower than many comparable pistols. On a side note, My G30 has a rail I have never used.

:cool::cool::cool:

I understand!

Well it kinda grew on me after a thousand rounds or so with NO malfunctions, & in all kind of weather, I really think it's good looking. It was also carried into some unsavory, scary, places. I think it's good looking.:whistling:
Frank

Kimura
11-16-2012, 14:54
Rail because that way you'll always have the weapon light option. Without it you don't. I do agree though that for a CCW gun, carrying with the added bulk of an attached light is another thing to overcome. In the winter, maybe if you're dedicated. And even then you'll have to take your jacket off at some point. But in the summer...

attrapereves
11-16-2012, 18:05
I don't care either way on the G30. For me, the gun is too small for a light. However, the larger G21 seems more accommodating for a light.

tercel89
11-16-2012, 18:09
great ccw in a comp-tac minotor

Hey thanks for that picture . Is the point of the hybrid to have a slim slide and a frame that accepts other Glock mags ?

Keoking
11-16-2012, 18:20
My main CCW gun was a G30 no rail up until several months ago. For no particular reason, I switched to a new G23 I bought.

I had a railed G29, so I swapped receivers to end up with a railed G30. I threw a TLR3 light on the railed G30, and it is now my nightstand gun. If I ever wake up and need to grab a gun, I feel good that I will be grabbing the pistol I carried for years.

mo.glocker
11-16-2012, 20:31
Hey thanks for that picture . Is the point of the hybrid to have a slim slide and a frame that accepts other Glock mags ?
yes,the same mags,but i carry it with the 9round(10 total) the slide on the 30 is like a friggin stick-o-butter.the hybrid is not top heavy,the 45 is a low press. round,i guess the only reason glock made it as thick as a g20(hi-press) is because the 21 came right after.it didnt have to be that thick,both slides measure spot on internally.:wavey:

SNH Glocks
11-16-2012, 20:37
Not all of my Glocks have rails and the ones that do never have anything mounted to the rails. IMO they are unnecessary.