Larger Caliber Owners UNITE!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Larger Caliber Owners UNITE!!!

robhic
11-16-2012, 08:28
I am in the process of buying a G30 .45 pistol. It comes standard (now?) with 10 round mags. Since I use the GAP floorplates on my CCW G26, I thought I'd see if GAP has them available for larger calibers. They do NOT. :shocked:

So I wrote the manufacturer and asked if they had, or intended to have, GAP floorplates for the G30 or other larger caliber models.

The man who answered my email said there was not enough demand for them to tool up and make larger GAP floorplates.

Am I the only person who would like this excellent product to be available for larger caliber Glocks? :wow: Maybe if enough folks express an interest the GAP people might make some. What do you think?

And what do you use on your .45 caliber Glocks since there are no GAP floorplates to use?

Anyway, maybe you could contact GAP (Gregory Pughe greg@concealablecontrol.com) and let him know if this is of interest for you. If enough people want them .....

attrapereves
11-16-2012, 10:37
The Pearce PG-29 +0 extensions that fit standard G29 mags will fit the 9 round G30 mags. I really like them on both guns.

GlockWheeler
11-16-2012, 11:45
The standard Glock 30 10-rd magazines have an extension already built into the design. I contacted the company in reference to GAP floorplates for my Glock 29 mags, but was provided with the same response you received.

Bruce M
11-16-2012, 11:57
With the ten round magazine I have no issues with my pinky finger and the G30.

ZO6Vettever
11-16-2012, 13:28
Robert, I have medium sized hands. Too big for a G26 standard mag and use the Glock OEM +2 extensions and it's perfect. That'll give you an idea of my hand size. My G30 is my EDC and the standard 10 round mags are plenty grip for me. I have a G21 mag with a filler sleeve, I think it's an A&G or something like that. It gives you a full size grip and 13+1 but makes concealing difficult. I think you'll like the G30 with the standard mags. I had to take some off the trigger guard because of "Glock knuckle" but it is fine now. Also Robert, your Remora should fit the G30 as well as your G26.

jetflier1989
11-16-2012, 14:56
The stock 10rd mags in my G30sf fit my hand perfect. Don't like the feel of the 9rd mags.

robhic
11-16-2012, 16:22
Robert, I have medium sized hands. Too big for a G26 standard mag and use the Glock OEM +2 extensions and it's perfect. That'll give you an idea of my hand size. My G30 is my EDC and the standard 10 round mags are plenty grip for me.now. ... Also Robert, your Remora should fit the G30 as well as your G26.

It's not so much grip as I like the "beak" out front of the GAP floorplate for snatching that bad boy outta the holster. True, the 10 rounders have a sort of extension but they're flush and don't have the 'beak'. Hence my seeking to acquire a GAP for the G30. And ... it is a G30sf. I asked for a G30 (my friend who swapped my G17 for it has a FFL) but the 'sf' showed up. Not complaining as I like it so far. Gonna take it out next week.

I thought either my G26 or G19 Remora holsters would accommodate the G30 so I am good to go.