Showing Off My Green Machine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Showing Off My Green Machine

Walt_NC
11-16-2012, 13:26
In another thread, there was a discussion about clamp-on gas blocks. I figured that this was as good an excuse as any to show off my attempt at chopping my SPRs Larue 13.2 handguard to house a clamp-on switchblock - the good folks at Noveske won't deign to sell the pinned version by itself. The actualy cutting of the handguard wont be confused with that of a seasoned professional, but its good enough for my needs.

After cutting the handguard, I had planned on touching up the exposed metal with a little black krylon. When it came time to paint, I discovered that I was out and was way too drunk to go get more. The whole rifle got painted OD green instead.

My set up, for those interested:

A4 upper and Wilson lower
Larue 13.2 handguard and Magpul ladders
Noveske 18" SPR barrel and switchblock
BCM BCG and Gen 2 Mod 4 charging handle
Geissele National Match trigger and KNS pins
CTR stock and Tango Down large grip
Harris HBMLS bipod with KMW pod lock and Larue QD mount
Leupold Mk4 MR/T 2.5-8x36 M2 scope on Larue mount
Troy HK style front BUIS, Matech rear

*I know the flash suppressor is jacked up. It's just on there now as a thread protector until my Surefire brake/suppressor mount shows up.

LA_357SIG
11-16-2012, 13:33
Nice.

When I camo'd one of my AR's, the base coat was OD green. I must admit at that stage I thought looked pretty awesome and contemplated leaving it as is, but I already bought the other colors and materials so I kept going.

faawrenchbndr
11-16-2012, 13:48
Looks darn good!

LL6
11-16-2012, 14:16
Like it.

Walt_NC
11-16-2012, 19:01
Thanks everyone.

Nice.

When I camo'd one of my AR's, the base coat was OD green. I must admit at that stage I thought looked pretty awesome and contemplated leaving it as is, but I already bought the other colors and materials so I kept going.

Got any pics? I've got to be honest, I thought about going full camo with mine but didn't think I could pull it off in my inebriated state.

GSSF17
11-16-2012, 19:06
Dang, Walt!!!

That looks incredible. Great build and excellent pics. Top shelf, brother.

Thanks for posting and making me jealous.....:tongueout:

LA_357SIG
11-16-2012, 19:24
Thanks everyone.

Got any pics? I've got to be honest, I thought about going full camo with mine but didn't think I could pull it off in my inebriated state.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/chrisq_01/100_2561.jpg

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_19/321800_Sponge_Camo_Tutorial.html

Walt_NC
11-16-2012, 19:27
Dang, Walt!!!

That looks incredible. Great build and excellent pics. Top shelf, brother.

Thanks for posting and making me jealous.....:tongueout:

Thanks, bro. It's a death ray out to 600m. I'm sure you work hard. Wouldn't it feel great to reward yourself for all that hard work, while at the same time, be able to support your local parts manufacturers? Don't you owe it to yourself to build your own?

Walt_NC
11-16-2012, 19:29
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_19/321800_Sponge_Camo_Tutorial.html

That looks awesome. I was just about to ask how you went about it. Great tutorial.

GSSF17
11-16-2012, 19:45
Thanks, bro. It's a death ray out to 600m. I'm sure you work hard. Wouldn't it feel great to reward yourself for all that hard work, while at the same time, be able to support your local parts manufacturers? Don't you owe it to yourself to build your own?

Haha....... I know... that comment was tongue in cheek- I got a few rifles, some are builds from mild to kinda wild. Lemme tell ya, I got one, namely a (complete) Noveske, that will bang down anything I point it at. I have only shot it to about 225 yards thus far due to range/land constraints, but outstanding results and it is an incredible setup.

I just love me a unique SPR, which yours is. Good show. :thumbsup:

WoodenPlank
11-16-2012, 21:03
When I first saw that you'd chopped a LT rail, I expected something really horrible. Gotta admit, though, I'm pretty impressed with the work you did on it. It looks pretty darn respectable.

Edit ...

Would help if I read the OP more carefully about the jacked up FH, huh?

steve1911
11-16-2012, 23:11
Looks great!

1911club#410