Buddy needs a cheap pistol. SAR B6? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Buddy needs a cheap pistol. SAR B6?

bigmac85
11-17-2012, 13:36
Got a friend looking for a decent 9mm pistol and has been looking at the Sar b6. Anyone have experience with these guns?

I, of course, recommended a glock 19 and a boatload of ammo to go with it, but he just doesnt have the money.

To to make this GG kosher....
Still lovin my g19 fde!

fran m
11-18-2012, 10:32
Be a friend, lend him a few bucks to get a Glock, Beretta, Sig or Smith. Maybe even a Ruger. Doubt mags will be plentiful, Holsters may be a problem.

That's not to say it is a bad gun.

Me, I wouldn't get it. Plenty of good guns out there that are lightly used bargains.

gunsmoke92
11-18-2012, 13:20
Be a friend, lend him a few bucks to get a Glock, Beretta, Sig or Smith. Maybe even a Ruger. Doubt mags will be plentiful, Holsters may be a problem.

That's not to say it is a bad gun.

Me, I wouldn't get it. Plenty of good guns out there that are lightly used bargains.

Way good advise there. Sooner or later he'll want something better, then he'll be spending his money twice. Have him set a little money aside as he can, soon enough he'll have enough to get something worth having. Lay-a-way is your friend. :supergrin: Used is always a great option, as, IMHO, the difference between a new Glock and a used one is about $100. Shopping around should yield some finds worth having. Locally, I've seen a Sig 2022 for $265, Glocks in the $385 to $400 range, a S&W 6690 for $350, and a S&W model 27-2 revolver (which I snapped up) for $279.

Talk him into buying something better now, he'll thank you for it later. Spending more time clearing malfunctions at the range with his friends is never as much fun as being on the other side of the equation.

We wish him luck. :cool:

clarkstoncz
11-18-2012, 13:28
I'd also vote for the G19 or G17, but a Turkish made Witness pistol should be top quality as well at half the price.

I'm a real fan of both CZ type guns and Glocks, so I think he will win each way!

Jack23
11-18-2012, 13:39
I understand that money is tight. But I DON'T understand that a person NEEDS a cheap gun. If you need a gun then you need a GOOD gun. A "cheap" gun could be worse than no gun at all. Wait till you can afford a GOOD gun or can find a way to get one at a better price. MY 2 cents....

RonS
11-18-2012, 14:41
Odd how many people on a budget are buying guns lately.

I see nothing wrong with that. Looks like a Turkish CZ clone so mags should be interchangable. EAA isn't top shelf but they aren't bottom shelf either. Been around for a while if he needs service, good basic design.

I'd rather have a Glock or M&P but I'd rather have that gun than many I saw yesterday at the gunshow.

MikeG36
11-18-2012, 15:04
I'd rather have a Glock myself but, that said, I've heard these Turkish EAA clones are pretty good.

clarkstoncz
11-18-2012, 20:57
The Turkish made Armalite CZ copies have been out for a few years.

I've never heard a bad thing about them, nor the Stoeger pistols.

Know that CZ continues to sell a huge quantity of the HUGLU made shotguns.