Extended Barrel for G29 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Extended Barrel for G29

bvillmek79
11-18-2012, 19:28
Hey guys! I am looking for a 5in barrel for my Glock 29SF. I am kinda looking at the possibility of deer hunting with it. I prefer bow hunting but I wouldn't mind trying it with my Glock cause it would be more of a challenge then with a shotgun or a muzzle loader. I have looked all over the internet and LWD but haven't found one yet. One thing I was wondering was if I could use a Glock 20 barrel for it. Anybody know if that's possible?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Pete

Jumper
11-18-2012, 19:31
KKM will make you an extended barrel up to 4.6" I believe. I have a 4.5" KKM in my G29SF and it works fine.

bvillmek79
11-18-2012, 19:40
In Ohio I need a 5in barrel in order for it to be legal. I might just have to break down and buy a G20 if I want to hunt with a pistol... Thanks for the reply!

Trapped_in_Kali
11-18-2012, 20:13
E-Mail LWD, KKM & Storm Lake and see if they will do a 5"+ barrel.

bvillmek79
11-18-2012, 22:56
Alright. I will have to do that. But I think I might just use this as an excuse to buy the G20 LOL

dkf
11-18-2012, 23:14
Pretty sure the G20 barrel has different lug dimensions than the G29 barrel.

KKM advertises some custom work but Storm Lake may be able to make one. If you contact them they should be able to help you out.

alwaysshootin
11-19-2012, 08:24
Alright. I will have to do that. But I think I might just use this as an excuse to buy the G20 LOL

Just get the G20, you know you want too! :supergrin:

You will still need another barrel though, to hunt legal in Ohio! I'm using the Lone Wolf tactical 5.15 inch for my set up. I'm getting groups tight enough out to 50 yards to be confident of good placed shots on whitetail. Better hurry though, a week from today, is the opener!

bvillmek79
11-19-2012, 08:36

You will still need another barrel though, to hunt legal in Ohio! I'm using the Lone Wolf tactical 5.15 inch for my set up. I'm getting groups tight enough out to 50 yards to be confident of good placed shots on whitetail. Better hurry though, a week from today, is the opener!

I am going to try and get one this winter sometime. But I am not to worried about getting it before gun season. I am strictly a bowhunter. Hunting with a Glock would be the exception cause of the challenge. But I'll let you know when I pick one up :D

bvillmek79
11-19-2012, 08:39

Oh, by the way. What ammo are you using for hunting?