RTF 19 range day [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : RTF 19 range day

r2d4
11-19-2012, 17:20
I took my new old stock 19 to the range and shot about 150rd of my reloads. I enjoyed the grip the texture gave and it sits in your hand and doesnt move. The ejection of the brass was to the front and right about three feet. I am a lefty and there was no brass to face or dribbling out. I had a great time and made a nice part to my day off. A great product.(the envelope said test fired 2010 fyi)

INEEDMILK
11-19-2012, 18:06
awesome

i got one recently as well and am on the fence about shooting it

lyodbraun
11-19-2012, 18:36
Sounds good.. Enjoy.. your Glock

kodiakpb
11-19-2012, 20:14
awesome

i got one recently as well and am on the fence about shooting it

You finally found a 19 RTF2?

Glock40man
11-19-2012, 21:14
Nice!:thumbsup:

INEEDMILK
11-19-2012, 21:28
You finally found a 19 RTF2?

i know

its been a long journey:brickwall:

i actually was going to ask your advice on this:

the 19 RTF2 i just got is literally brand new - it sat in a warehouse for 2 years and i was lucky enough to end up with access to it. it has never been shot, not even once.

however...

about 5 of the tiny pyramids on the back of the grip have broken off from the stupid ****ing mag loader piece of plastic banging around inside the box with the gun.

so, in essence, this thing is perfect except for the grip

if this were you, would you start shooting it or make it a safe queen?

if the grip were perfect along with the rest of the gun i wouldnt even be asking you this as i would just put it in my safe and forget about it...

but now that its already damaged, and damaged in an area that now i dont have to worry about when shooting it, should i just enjoy its awesomeness and make my 17RTF2 the safe queen?

id appreciate your input

kodiakpb
11-19-2012, 22:22
I'd shoot them both and enjoy it man. I'm blasting rounds through my 23C RTF2. Life's too short. :) congrats on the acquisition!

INEEDMILK
11-19-2012, 22:28
I'd shoot them both and enjoy it man. I'm blasting rounds through my 23C RTF2. Life's too short. :) congrats on the acquisition!

damn you for telling me what i want to hear

INEEDMILK
11-19-2012, 22:28

and thanks

kodiakpb
11-19-2012, 22:31
Glad you found one!

MotoGlock
11-19-2012, 22:46
I would love an rtf2 Glock!

INEEDMILK
11-19-2012, 22:48
I would love an rtf2 Glock!

I'll sell you my 17 RTF2

http://i.imgur.com/RMR9U.jpg

I'm asking $4,550, but we can negotiate.

WarEagle 1
11-20-2012, 00:40
Awesome gun to have!! Just shot mine last week, good to hear that you didn't have any problems.

bac1023
11-20-2012, 00:46
Congrats on the G19.

r2d4
11-20-2012, 06:34
I had it on lay a way for three months. It was worth the wait. It functioned right, and thats a great thing for this period in Glock history. It will be carried daily at work. I will let you know how the grip texture wears(bumping against things etc)

madAB
11-20-2012, 11:04
Congrats. I love the RTF2 Glocks.

madAB
11-20-2012, 11:07
i know

its been a long journey:brickwall:

i actually was going to ask your advice on this:

the 19 RTF2 i just got is literally brand new - it sat in a warehouse for 2 years and i was lucky enough to end up with access to it. it has never been shot, not even once.

however...

about 5 of the tiny pyramids on the back of the grip have broken off from the stupid ****ing mag loader piece of plastic banging around inside the box with the gun.

so, in essence, this thing is perfect except for the grip

if this were you, would you start shooting it or make it a safe queen?

if the grip were perfect along with the rest of the gun i wouldnt even be asking you this as i would just put it in my safe and forget about it...

but now that its already damaged, and damaged in an area that now i dont have to worry about when shooting it, should i just enjoy its awesomeness and make my 17RTF2 the safe queen?

id appreciate your input

I say shoot it. I'll admit, I'm guilty of thinking this way at times. The truth is, you probably won't sell it if you like it enough to not shoot it. In that case, you may as well shoot it and enjoy it. As long as you don't abuse it, If you need to sell it at some point, I'm sure you'll still get a decent price for it.

INEEDMILK
11-20-2012, 15:36
I say shoot it. I'll admit, I'm guilty of thinking this way at times. The truth is, you probably won't sell it if you like it enough to not shoot it. In that case, you may as well shoot it and enjoy it. As long as you don't abuse it, If you need to sell it at some point, I'm sure you'll still get a decent price for it.

yea I'm gonna shoot it and make my 17, which has less than 100 rounds through it, the safe queen/collectors item

I just like the 19 RTF2 too much to let it sit in a box.