Scary Glock Mod Today!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Scary Glock Mod Today!!!

DaBurna
11-19-2012, 17:29
Never been so scared in my life in regards to my Glock 22!! I just tried installing a Ghost 3.5 (connector only) to improve the trigger pull I have on a older police trade in on a G22z... I got a great deal on, & it's been 1000% reliable. However, for the LIFE OF ME, I couldn't figure out why the trigger pull was inconsistently harder than my other Glocks. I've had no FTF with this weapon either.

Unbeknownst to me at the time, the gun had a NY Trigger installed "+" connector. After some research on here @ GT, I figured this would be a simple enough fix...

I did all the necessary steps correctly but the trigger doesn't reset correctly. It fires (dry fire) with each cycling of the gun... But upon resetting the trigger..... I got a COAST EYE OPENING EXERIENCE!!! Not in a good way EITHER!! You hold down the trigger like normal from a shot...let up slightly to the reset point in your trigger pull... Then it happens.... TRIGGER DROPS THE SEAR AND CLICK!!!! Had I been range foreign this weapons baaaaaaad things could've happened.

I'm not sure of its a bad part, or if you need a new spring, cruciform, etc when you install this stuff... But Im getting it serviced in Smyrna if I'm over there later this week! I'll let then restore it to factory 5.5 trigger pull and update anything needed.

Beware, Vigilant, and Safe out three Fellas!! *wheeeeeew*

DaBurna
11-19-2012, 17:32
Ironically I just traded in my M&P 9 last week and got a G26 EXO that has a Ghost Trigger Kit in it... And it's BUTTER!!! Shorter reset, crisp tigger break, no reset problems at all!

SJ 40
11-19-2012, 18:50
Glock should get it shooting for you. SJ 40

JesseA
11-19-2012, 19:04
I bought a Ghost drop in for my G21 so it would have the same trigger pull as my other Glocks and it doesn't feel right at all! So I put the 5.5lb back in it. I've never had this problem with any other install. I believe the Ghost connector is bent because it sticks out about 1/4". Any thoughts?
Glad I seen this thread, kinda thought it was just me...lol

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

samurairabbi
11-19-2012, 19:07
Your description may be confusing two different parts: the + connector and the New York trigger. They are different parts, and have been known to cause trouble when used together.

Pierre!
11-19-2012, 20:05
I can understand that the cruciform relationship would be different based on a different type of spring - Big Difference in the way the coiled spring works and the NY Triggers work...

What happens when you change back to the original connector with the new spring installed???

Patrick

DaBurna
11-19-2012, 20:37
I put the old "+" and it works fine.... Another twist... When i put my G17 slide on my G22 "+" lower... It worked fine, reset and all???? Strange!

I did reassemble the pistol back to the original state and it's functioning fine...

Pierre!
11-19-2012, 21:06
That is what I thought would happen...

Glad you didn't spend the time or money to send it back to Glock.

The tricky part about modifications - I become the 'engineer' when I do so... :wow: Yah, I *know*... :supergrin: Scary thought.

Just keep working your magic. Perfect Practice makes Perfect after all.

Good 'Engineering',
Patrick

DaBurna
11-19-2012, 22:10
That is what I thought would happen...

Glad you didn't spend the time or money to send it back to Glock.

The tricky part about modifications - I become the 'engineer' when I do so... :wow: Yah, I *know*... :supergrin: Scary thought.

Just keep working your magic. Perfect Practice makes Perfect after all.

Good 'Engineering',
Patrick

I hear ya bro.... But, in still NOT PLEASED with the trigger pull @ all. I'm going to get it coverted back to stock as soon as the 1st opportunity presents itself. The chances one takes buying Glocks on the used market. It's still 100% reliable, and would trust it for HD if called upon.... But it's more preference and piece of mind. My other Glocks I bought 2nd hand have had no problems arise.