ARMORERS: Flat Slide Lock Spring Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ARMORERS: Flat Slide Lock Spring Question

robhic
11-19-2012, 16:39
I got a new Gen3 G30sf Friday 11/16. Took it home and it wouldn't go (easily) into battery. Took it down and played with it. Still sticky if I racked the slide "normally" instead of pulling it back and letting it fly.

OK, maybe it'll wear in. But then the slide lock dropped out! :wow: Opened it up again and the spring had broken off right at the frame with nothing exposed to pull it out. This is gonna SUCK!!!!

Had a friend with a bit more knowledge look at it and he was puzzled. I happened to have a new spring that came in the spring kit I purchased for the G30 to keep on hand. But the spring from the kit and the spring broken off were different widths. One in the gun looked wider.

Since we couldn't get the spring out anyway, I took the gun and called Glock to see about sending it in. Are the guns coming with wider springs than the older ones? If so, do I need a different spring for a spare?

Other than a replacement (for whatever reason...) of a non-broken spring, why do they even send one? This is curious. Wider and possibly different shape? What's up with the new springs?

KS_Jayhawk
11-19-2012, 17:22
Without eyes on it is tough to say for sure, do you have a picture you can post of your "replacement" spring? Standard/Compact/Subcompact slide lock springs are all different in shape, is your replacement an official glock part?

PM720
11-19-2012, 17:31
Yeah, who's spring kit was this?