Light & Laser Recommendation Needed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Light & Laser Recommendation Needed

jdl2
11-19-2012, 18:00
Please help! I have two Gen 3s, a G19 and G 23, both have XS Large Dot night sights. If not carrying a 1911 I'm carrying the G23 everyday. The G23 spends evenings on my night, too.

I'd like to put a quality light/laser on ONE and keep it in the bedroom and use the other Glock for EDC. Please help me make two decisions:

1) which should I use for EDC and
2) what light/laser should I put on the other.

Thank you very much for your time and interest in helping me.

Jim L.

4Rules
11-19-2012, 19:05
The marketplace is large and the options are many.

I suggest that you focus on the products from both Crimson Trace (http://www.crimsontrace.com/) and Surefire (http://www.surefire.com/).

plouffedaddy
11-19-2012, 19:12
Please help! I have two Gen 3s, a G19 and G 23, both have XS Large Dot night sights. If not carrying a 1911 I'm carrying the G23 everyday. The G23 spends evenings on my night, too.

I'd like to put a quality light/laser on ONE and keep it in the bedroom and use the other Glock for EDC. Please help me make two decisions:

1) which should I use for EDC and
2) what light/laser should I put on the other.

Thank you very much for your time and interest in helping me.

Jim L.

1. Tough call but if I had to pick I'd put the light/laser on the G19 since a small number of 22s/23s had issues with lights attached. But as long as you test it out I would (and do) feel comfortable with the light on the 23.

2. Streamlight TLR2 is the best bang for the buck laser/light combo out there IMO.

Streamlight TLR-2 Weapon Light & Laser Combo Review (HD) - YouTube

swinokur
11-20-2012, 04:22
Look at Insight Tech as well. I have an M6X LED on my G29SF.

The TLR 2 as mentioned is a great value. Surefire if you have the dough.

jdl2
11-20-2012, 06:38
Do we like Glock's proprietary light?

How do you feel about strobe light and which do you feel is the best setup? Light only? Light & Laser?

Please make yor recommendation based on your experience and preference.

Thank you.

Jim

plouffedaddy
11-20-2012, 07:20
Do we like Glock's proprietary light?

How do you feel about strobe light and which do you feel is the best setup? Light only? Light & Laser?

Please make yor recommendation based on your experience and preference.

Thank you.

Jim

Glock's lights just don't live up to the performance of other lights on the market.

I personally feel new shooters should just have a light as they (broad generalization here...) tend to start using the laser as a crutch as opposed to an additional option. For more experiencd shooters who have built the muscle memory to aquire that front sight quickly it's just personal preference IMO :dunno:

jdl2
11-20-2012, 11:19
Glock's lights just don't live up to the performance of other lights on the market.

I personally feel new shooters should just have a light as they (broad generalization here...) tend to start using the laser as a crutch as opposed to an additional option. For more experiencd shooters who have built the muscle memory to aquire that front sight quickly it's just personal preference IMO :dunno:

I realize your initial recommendation was based on my request for light/laser but if you like light only would you switch to TLR-1 or TLR-1s?
Thanks,
Jim

plouffedaddy
11-20-2012, 12:05
I realize your initial recommendation was based on my request for light/laser but if you like light only would you switch to TLR-1 or TLR-1s?
Thanks,
Jim

TLR-1s for sure. It's only a couple bucks more but has an additional 25 lumens and the strobe option is very disorienting. My wife wasn't too fond of me testing it on her :whistling:

RyanNREMTP
11-20-2012, 12:26
Don't know much about the other lights but Glock's is horrible. I couldn't sell mine in the academy for $20.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.

amishpsycho
11-21-2012, 22:15
I just got a TLR-4. It's lightweight, namebrand, bright as hell, and works great. Wasn't going to get the laser, but was only $105. Looks good on the G34. Currently it's on my Steyr M9 on the nightstand.
Gonna have to get another one for the G34. Only uses 1 battery with a 1.5hr burn time. Pretty good.
ebay. Fuddlebucks ? i think...I'd have to double check if you like.

Bill Lumberg
11-22-2012, 13:58
TLR-1's are excellent. Not too big on lasers except for training or for a rank novice for home defense, but they're definitely cool from a bling standpoint.