CDNN Investments [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CDNN Investments

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 14:24
Anyone have any experience with them? Heard a few negative things in the past but I thought i'd give them a chance and order some Glock magazines from them. Also picked up one thermold AR mag for the hell of it. I entered my CC information wrong :embarassed: but the order was still processed. They emailed me at 1o'clock today letting me know my order had been cancelled because my card was declined :embarassed: I called them and found out my CC info was wrong and they got it straightened out, and reprocessed my order. I just received my shipping info. All things considered, I'm pretty happy with the way they handled everything. Anyone else have any experience?

ETA: I forgot to mention that the products I ordered all were on sale and expired yesterday at noon, but they still honored the sale price. I was pretty happy they did that since it was my fault that the order had been cancelled.

cowboy1964
11-20-2012, 14:41
I hear lots of good things about them. Have never ordered anything yet myself. Their catalog is sure fun to look through!

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 14:43
yeah, their catalog is what hooked me at first, then the more things I read about them, the more people said stay away. Kind of like B0tach tactical I guess? But i've had good luck with them too

P99er
11-20-2012, 15:01
I've bought a few guns from them, and a lot of accessories, knives, etc. I've never had a problem with them.

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 15:05
Well so far, i'm pretty happy. I screwed up my order, and it got fixed, filled, and shipped in three hours. I'm totally ok with that considering how busy all of the internet retailers are right now

larson1122
11-20-2012, 15:07
I've only ordered from the once when they had some used Glock mags, everything went fine and my order shipped fast.

TKM
11-20-2012, 15:23
Good to go. No problems with any of my orders.

I've spoken to the same guy every time I've ever called.

Gregg702
11-20-2012, 15:40
I've never heard anyone say anything bad about CDNN. I bought a gun from them, the gentleman on the phone was very nice, and the gun shipped very quickly to my FFL.

Mudshark100
11-20-2012, 15:49
Only good experiences for me. I keep going back.

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 15:53
Glad to hear it, guys!

And since you're all here, anyone used the Thermold AR mags?

mac66
11-20-2012, 16:04
Glad to hear it, guys!

And since you're all here, anyone used the Thermold AR mags?

I've been buying from CDNN for 20 years and never had a problem with them. That includes a number of guns.

I ordered 10 of the 20 round Thermold AR mags. So far I only used 4 of them in a class but all worked without a single glitch. That was about 400 rounds worth of use equally divided over the 4 mags in two days. I'm happy with them. Thinking about buying the bag o' mags just to have some on hand.

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 16:08
I've been buying from CDNN for 20 years and never had a problem with them. That includes a number of guns.

I ordered 10 of the 20 round Thermold AR mags. So far I only used 4 of them in a class but all worked without a single glitch. That was about 400 rounds worth of use equally divided over the 4 mags in two days. I'm happy with them. Thinking about buying the bag o' mags just to have some on hand.

Good to know. I only ordered one, and i'll see how that goes. If everything goes good, i'm gonna pick up the bag o' mags

RWBlue
11-20-2012, 16:18
I bought my 458WM from them. I have bought other mags from them. There is only one issue with them and you should know it really annoys me.

I hate it when people advertise, "Call for pricing". I don't have a place to make call about guns from work most of the time. Of course with the hours I work, there is no calling them when they are at work and I am not.

Matthew Courtney
11-20-2012, 16:57
CDNN merchandise is as advertised and shipped promptly. Like many other retailers, they do carry some products that are sold cheap and made cheap. Overall, they are a solid, reliable source for quite a bit of shooting gear!

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 17:05
CDNN merchandise is as advertised and shipped promptly. Like many other retailers, they do carry some products that are sold cheap and made cheap. Overall, they are a solid, reliable source for quite a bit of shooting gear!

Good to know! I hope these thermold magazines feed reliably and turn out to be worthy of range use!

Jason D
11-20-2012, 17:14
I have been doing business with them for over a decade.
Never had a single problem.

*ASH*
11-20-2012, 17:28
bought stuff for years thru them , guns and rifles . fast and great service .

Providence
11-20-2012, 17:56
I've ordered several times. Never had a problem. ****** has been good to me as well.

RWBlue
11-20-2012, 18:04
Good to know! I hope these thermold magazines feed reliably and turn out to be worthy of range use!

I have some. I can not recommend them.

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 18:10
I have some. I can not recommend them.

Good enough for range use?

FireForged
11-20-2012, 18:11
I have ordered guns, mags and grips from them.. I have been pleased with the items that I received and never any order or ship problems. I will say that you need to carefully read the descriptions and dont assume anything.. if something is unclear, email them prior to ordering.

IGotIt
11-20-2012, 18:35
Another satisfied customer here. I've ordered uppers, and a bunch of other stuff on a half dozen or more orders without problems.

Re: thermold mags; my brother in law bought a bunch and they are so inconsistent in his various AR's, he only uses them when he shoots in the yard of a friend.

654Boomer
11-20-2012, 18:38
I have been doing business with them for over a decade.
Never had a single problem.

Greetings,

Same experience for me--with ONE [positive] exception.

I have only had ONE order of the thirty or so from CDNN where, for this order, they shipped me a wrong HK handgun magazine. When I called and explained that they sent me an HK P7M8 magazine in error (one digit off from the model number opf the magazine I ordered), they had me ship it back to them and they sent me TWO of the correct magazines--one was an extra free HK $60 magazine! I will add that I received the two magazines (with the extra free magazine) BEFORE I had even shipped the P7M8 magazine back to them.

Excellent Customer Service! :cool:

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 18:41
Another satisfied customer here. I've ordered uppers, and a bunch of other stuff on a half dozen or more orders without problems.

Re: thermold mags; my brother in law bought a bunch and they are so inconsistent in his various AR's, he only uses them when he shoots in the yard of a friend.

Well then they should be good for malfunction drills :supergrin:

but seriously, you can't expect much for $4.96

glock031
11-20-2012, 18:42
I purchased my Colt LE6920 from CDNN. I also buy mags from them as well. I really like the FN ar15 mags they sell. Solid as a rock. Just be careful with some of thier glock mag deals. I bought a few OEM glock 19 mags that came with thin cheapy springs. I changed em out with heavier duty springs.

They have some good one time deals too once in a while, like Canadian made (Demiarco?) used Colt 6520's that sold for 690 to 8 hundred according to thier condition. They didn't last very long.

Cole125
11-20-2012, 18:47
I like 44mag.com for magazines, personally.

RWBlue
11-20-2012, 18:53
Good enough for range use?

Bad enough that I put them in a box and I don't know where they are now.

DaBurna
11-20-2012, 18:56
TOP NOTCH GUYS!! Good values and seemingly bi-weekly sales!!!

michael e
11-20-2012, 19:00
Ordered used Glock mags from them several times. All shipped fast, only downside for me is have to pay taxs since we are both in Texas.
Never had an issue with any of my orders. Not a fan of the website, not the greatest set up, has been a while since I have been on .

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 19:04
I like 44mag.com for magazines, personally.

I checked them out for the first time last night, and they have some good deals on mags and followers

Bad enough that I put them in a box and I don't know where they are now.
That's pretty bad!

Ordered used Glock mags from them several times. All shipped fast, only downside for me is have to pay taxs since we are both in Texas.
Never had an issue with any of my orders. Not a fan of the website, not the greatest set up, has been a while since I have been on .

You're right, their website certainly does lack in quality.

hoghunter82
11-20-2012, 19:14
The guys there are very responsive on the phone and email. Only problem is I have yet to actually make a firearm purchase. I have called/emailed on several different guns but they have NEVER been in stock on what I'm looking for at the time. Frustrating.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

bigmoney890
11-20-2012, 19:17
The guys there are very responsive on the phone and email. Only problem is I have yet to actually make a firearm purchase. I have called/emailed on several different guns but they have NEVER been in stock on what I'm looking for at the time. Frustrating.

Welcome to my life :rofl:

porschedog
11-20-2012, 19:24
No probs here either
They are good guys

m2hmghb
11-20-2012, 21:37
I only heard of a major beef with cdnn(if you guys remember that thread) but no problems. I've ordered a few times, never any difficulties.

steve1911
11-20-2012, 22:02
Their GTG in my book, ordered guns and mags, been doing buisness with them for 20 some years or more.

Just picked up some P229 mags took 4 days to my door.

1911club#410

vafish
11-21-2012, 07:13
I've been ordering from them for years.

Orders have always been right or they made them right quickly.

I will say their $4 AR and Beretta 92 mags are iffy. Order 4 of them and 2 will work flawlessly, the other 2 will need som tweaking. But they are great for range use and malfunction drills.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

camelotkid
11-21-2012, 07:53
I've had good experiences with them, fast shipping too.

mac66
11-21-2012, 12:57

They are kind of a liquidator of firearms which is why they sometimes have odd models of certain guns and why they are often out of the ones advertised in their catalog.

As I mentioned, I've had not a problem with the current 10 and 20 round Thermold AR mags. The old Thermold mags had a lot of problems.

The asian/Korean M1 Carbine mags worked well for me in my WWII era carbine. The asian 10 round M1a mags work as well. Most of the cheap "military contract" 1911 mags or extended metal mags don't work very well. Buy cheap and you take your chances.

PEC-Memphis
11-21-2012, 15:48
I got great deal on a M&P 15 OR a few years ago.

Have purchased several scopes, magazines and other accessories.

I've only had one problem, a defective scope. They were out of stock so applied a refund to the CC. It took 2+ weeks for the refund to show on the account.

Overall - pretty pleased.

Gregg702
11-21-2012, 16:09
I only heard of a major beef with cdnn(if you guys remember that thread) but no problems. I've ordered a few times, never any difficulties.
Ah yes, the MAJOR BEEF. That was one of my favorite threads ever.

SNH Glocks
11-21-2012, 20:15
I have ordered a lot of items from CDNN over many years without any problems.

fran m
11-21-2012, 20:34
Last year a friend and I got pencil barreled Colt Carbines for 799 each with cheap shipping. Were to my FFL in a few days and are nice. Responsive to my phone calls and nice. The person I talked to told me about Rem 870 Police models they had that were not advertised. Was very happy with CDNN.

For the mag buyer get a few PMAGS. They are cheap enough that you shouldn't mess with the Thermolds.

Durden
11-21-2012, 21:38
CDNN is a very reputable company that's been around a long time and has relatively quick shipping.

mac66
11-22-2012, 08:06
La

For the mag buyer get a few PMAGS. They are cheap enough that you shouldn't mess with the Thermolds.

Actually the current Thermolds work pretty well in my experience and the 20 rounders are on sale at CDNN for $4/ea. (If you happen to like 20 round mags which I do). I just might buy another 10 of them just to spite all you mag snobs. :supergrin:

unsigned
11-22-2012, 09:45
I've purchased 3 guns and placed several online orders.

On one of the gun orders, they sent the wrong item. It wasn't a big deal, they sent a pickup tag and got the right one out quickly. I put it in the only human/**** happens category.

Overall, I nothing to complain about.

WoodenPlank
11-22-2012, 10:46
Actually the current Thermolds work pretty well in my experience and the 20 rounders are on sale at CDNN for $4/ea. (If you happen to like 20 round mags which I do). I just might buy another 10 of them just to spite all you mag snobs. :supergrin:

Plenty of us remember when Thermold mags were utter junk. For all I know, they still are. I use GI 20 round mags and 30 round PMAGs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bigmoney890
11-22-2012, 10:52
Plenty of us remember when Thermold mags were utter junk. For all I know, they still are. I use GI 20 round mags and 30 round PMAGs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'm keeping all of my PMAGs in the wrapper, put away, for any potential bans that may occur. I'm sticking with the GI mags for range use and such.

I realize that the thermolds are a risk, but it's a $5 risk that i'm taking on an already existing order. If it works, great, found some cheap range mags, if it doesn't, then I know what not to buy from now on. I'll give a range report of the thermold when I get it in just in case anyone is interested in getting some cheap mags.

JuneyBooney
11-22-2012, 23:24
I have made some very good priced deals with them and never had a problem yet.

superdoc
11-23-2012, 04:13
Great company, but I personally have spent enough with them to pay for a better website. ;)