GSSF pistol certificate [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GSSF pistol certificate

buellxb9rider
11-21-2012, 12:24
has anybody in south east texas found a dealer who will take the certificate?beaumont,port arthur, baytown even?i drove to a place below houston last time and wasn't totally happy,plus it was a long way.need a new 35 for uspsa.

lethal tupperwa
11-21-2012, 15:05
doesn't it say you order from Glock to be sent TO your local Dealer?

SARDG
11-21-2012, 16:49
has anybody in south east texas found a dealer who will take the certificate?

doesn't it say you order from Glock to be sent TO your local Dealer?
Do you mean certificate - as in "free" gun from a GSSF match OR do you mean GSSF coupon, wherein you 'buy' a gun at a discount?

Former = order from Glock, sent to FFL
Latter = find an LGS who honors GSSF coupons (at the correct price...)

glock a-doodle-doo
11-21-2012, 18:21
are you talking about the place in wharton? if so, i'm curious about your experience since that's the only place near houston. the next closest place for gssf discount coupons is gt distributors in austin. :/

buellxb9rider
11-22-2012, 16:03
the place in wharton was ok.the guy kept my 3 rd mag even though i bought a Gen 4 that came with 3.i had driven so far i said ok,even though i wanted to walk out.and yes i got a gssf buy it cheap card not a free won at a match certificate.

SARDG
11-22-2012, 16:08
the place in wharton was ok.the guy kept my 3 rd mag even though i bought a Gen 4 that came with 3.i had driven so far i said ok,even though i wanted to walk out.and yes i got a gssf buy it cheap card not a free won at a match certificate.
That effectively adds $20-$25 to the cost of the pistol and is totally and absolutely dishonest.

emtjr928
11-22-2012, 16:57
I am Thankful that I don't have to deal with that BS! Worked around retail most of my life and that practice is just plain crooked!!! I wish Glock would pressure these dealers to abide by ALL of the dealer agreement or not supply them with any Glocks.:steamed:

lethal tupperwa
11-22-2012, 17:32
tell Glock about it!

glock a-doodle-doo
11-23-2012, 10:37
kept one mag?! wow, that smells really shady considering everyone else's experience when it comes to claiming the discount. this is one of only two nearby choices i have in this GIANT state of texas to claim the discount. i really hope gt distributors does it right since i'm crossing carroll's off the list. gssf really needs to get a shop in houston to participate cos having to drive that far out to get ripped off stinks.

BABOB
11-23-2012, 12:01
Vance's in Columbus, Oh kept my third mag a few years back when I got a G17. The very next year I got a G19 and all three mags came with it. I made a point to guy that I only got two mags with my 17 and he said something to the effect that person no longer works here.

If I use this year's coupon, I'll make sure to call ahead and get the facts from them before I make the two hour drive.

Keyhole
11-23-2012, 12:21
I go through Atlantic Tactical and transfer here.

PettyOfficer
11-23-2012, 13:15
About 35 minutes down the 45 from Houston is The Arms Room, League City, TX. From my understanding they'll take the certificate..

Ask for Brian Mobley, he runs the training courses and the Indoor Glock League (he's the B Mobley in the Indoor Sept/Oct/Nov '11 'A' Class in Issue 12 of the Glock Report). If he's not teaching a class, he should be able to answer all your questions, he's GSSF after all.

He's a good guy, taught my CHL course and I've shot indoor with him. I think I'm shooting this Tuesday, I could ask.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

buellxb9rider
11-23-2012, 16:27
yea ask if you would.i need a 35 either Gen 3 or Gen 4.thats not as far as wharton and i think i gotta come over there later in december to the airport.

PettyOfficer
11-23-2012, 17:55
Best to call.. I can ask about accepting the cert, but specific model is another thing ill likely forget.

http://www.thearmsroomtx.com/

I need to ask, I have my cert and need to know. It's not exactly my LGS, I live too far, but its a good shop and its not too far from work (just in the opposite direction).

glock a-doodle-doo
11-24-2012, 14:05
if the arm's room did accept gssf that would be awesome, especially if the deal is legit! i wouldn't even be picky. :)

dvrdwn72
11-24-2012, 14:58
Kept YOUR 3rd mag??? and you got a gen 4???? Last I knew all gen 4's come with 3 mags, gssf or not. I would be on someones A-- until I got another mag. Just because I cant stand those lgs shady types.

buellxb9rider
11-24-2012, 16:57
i actually bought a LE 34 from them a couple years back too.blue label gun and they also kept the extra LE mag.

glock a-doodle-doo
11-25-2012, 14:52
i actually bought a LE 34 from them a couple years back too.blue label gun and they also kept the extra LE mag.

Not to get too off topic here, but is it worth getting a blue label g34 for competition since it's different than the regular version (5.5lb trigger, slide release)?

SARDG
11-25-2012, 15:11
Not to get too off topic here, but is it worth getting a blue label g34 for competition since it's different than the regular version (5.5lb trigger, slide release)?
At the LE price, I thought it was worth it and the LE price is only $27 less than GSSF.

Mine is a Gen 3 Blue Label and of course included the 3 mags - each mag being worth a minimum of $20. I did put extended controls and the (-) connector in it which was $20 for the connector alone. You may find a Blue Label made up that way, but I fear the majority are not.

I no longer suffer from that quandary... I simply seem to win enough free Glocks at GSSF matches to get by, and those are Red Label (in hi-capacity states) or White Label for baby-Glocks and under. Pick a Gen4 for your free GSSF win and you get 3 mags regardless.

emtjr928
11-25-2012, 15:26
At the LE price, I thought it was worth it and the LE price is only $27 less than GSSF.

Mine is a Gen 3 Blue Label and of course included the 3 mags - each mag being worth a minimum of $20. I did put extended controls and the (-) connector in it which was $20 for the connector alone. You may find a Blue Label made up that way, but I fear the majority are not.

I no longer suffer from that quandary... I simply seem to win enough free Glocks at GSSF matches to get by, and those are Red Label (in hi-capacity states) or White Label for baby-Glocks and under. Pick a Gen4 for your free GSSF win and you get 3 mags regardless.

Get By???? Sheesh. :faint:

SARDG
11-25-2012, 15:45
Get By???? Sheesh. :faint:
Oh... I didn't put that very well. No wonder people hate me ... but everyone has the same opportunity at a match. :tongueout:

emtjr928
11-25-2012, 16:17
Oh... I didn't put that very well. No wonder people hate me ... but everyone has the same opportunity at a match. :tongueout:

Don't hate you,,, I was hoping that by hanging out with a "Random-Meister" some of the luck would rub off! :D

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

lethal tupperwa
11-25-2012, 16:23
If you note the * after her name in the GSSF listings

you will realize it ain't all that Random.

SARDG
11-25-2012, 16:49
Don't hate you,,, I was hoping that by hanging out with a "Random-Meister" some of the luck would rub off! :D
You better hang with Mike; he may have me beat.

If you note the * after her name in the GSSF listings

you will realize it ain't all that Random.
That's very kind Jim, but I've won one gun as Master, and that was Reevesville. All the rest lately were based very much on luck. :wavey:

mike g35
11-25-2012, 16:52
You better hang with Mike; he may have me beat.

I am trying!!! LOL

PettyOfficer
11-29-2012, 21:25
Best to call.. I can ask about accepting the cert, but specific model is another thing ill likely forget.

http://www.thearmsroomtx.com/

I need to ask, I have my cert and need to know. It's not exactly my LGS, I live too far, but its a good shop and its not too far from work (just in the opposite direction).

I asked and they offer the GSSF price: call to see if they have a GSSF priced 34 in stock, or they can order one I'm sure.

glock a-doodle-doo
11-30-2012, 08:51
I asked and they offer the GSSF price: call to see if they have a GSSF priced 34 in stock, or they can order one I'm sure.
[/URL]

thanks for finding out. that's great news! i'll try to drop by next week and will report my findings. :)

PettyOfficer
12-01-2012, 06:20
Please call first... I know they have a 34 on the shelf, but he said they "get a special price for GSSF models and pass the price onto you" such they they don't sell their regular inventory at the GSSF price.

I don't know what the story is on that, but he was willing to go check his inventory, but I was in a hurry and the store busy, so I thought if you were interested you could call and check inventory and I wouldn't waste anybody's time.

glock a-doodle-doo
12-01-2012, 14:53
Please call first... I know they have a 34 on the shelf, but he said they "get a special price for GSSF models and pass the price onto you" such they they don't sell their regular inventory at the GSSF price.

I don't know what the story is on that, but he was willing to go check his inventory, but I was in a hurry and the store busy, so I thought if you were interested you could call and check inventory and I wouldn't waste anybody's time.
[/URL]

well, whatever the case it sounds very promising. should i specifically ask for brian when calling or do you think everyone knows about the program?

SARDG
12-01-2012, 18:56
....he said they "get a special price for GSSF models and pass the price onto you" such they they don't sell their regular inventory at the GSSF price.

I don't know what the story is on that...
If they sell you the GSSF guns at the correct price, that sell price is lower than normal dealer net. They should sell the Blue Labels for GSSF guns, but at $27 above the individual officer LE price across the board.

well, whatever the case it sounds very promising. should i specifically ask for brian when calling or do you think everyone knows about the program?
I think you're making this way more difficult than it has to be.

dking1
12-02-2012, 07:23
That effectively adds $20-$25 to the cost of the pistol and is totally and absolutely dishonest.

That's really become the norm though! :steamed: the problem is there is really no way to police the dealers skimming off the process other than taking our business to another dealer next time..:dunno:

SARDG
12-02-2012, 09:37
That's really become the norm though! :steamed: the problem is there is really no way to police the dealers skimming off the process other than taking our business to another dealer next time..:dunno:
I miss Ed's Public Safety and it's a darn shame about the more recent restrictiions on their dealership area. Highly ethical, knowledgable, with stock probably second to none. Ed and Don have built their business on service and integrety and would never consider skimming. What an intersting business model... :shocked: