G26 Gen 4 and Underwood 115 JHP +P+ report FAIL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G26 Gen 4 and Underwood 115 JHP +P+ report FAIL

PocketProtector
11-21-2012, 20:03
Took my new G26 to range today. It has 150 perfect rds through prior to today.
Start with PMC 115 gr FMJ. 50 rds. Perfect
Next up, 2 mags of Gold Dot 124 gr JHP +P. Perfect.

So, I turn to my son and say " now for Underwood 115 +P+ JHP, I hope the gun doesn't blow up"

Third round jams, I mean totally jammed. Slide closed, could not rack the slide. Jammed completely. Try everything. At this point I think Theres a live round in chamber.

Nervously, I disassemble, remove the RSA but cannot remove barrel. Wow.

Finally after much effort, I am able to force the barrel out. Round is actually a fired round. Brass appears slightly bulged above the rim.
Weak chamber support or bad ammo?

Happypuppy
11-21-2012, 20:07
Bulged just above the rim most of the time indicates excessive pressure. I would contact Underwood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

intecooler
11-21-2012, 20:11
Do you have a picture of said rounds? Too many of us have shot these without issue but I'm willing to guess with a picture. Without that it could be 1 to 100 things.

DRT
11-21-2012, 20:12
this is why i wouldn't carry boutique ammo for self defense.

PocketProtector
11-21-2012, 20:46
I'll look at the case tomorrow and measure it.
Nothing seemed excessive, was actually surprised at how softly it recoiled.

I'll carry the +P Gold Dots. They were perfect.

intecooler
11-21-2012, 20:53
Post a picture. Without that speculation will run rampant on what occured.

PocketProtector
11-21-2012, 21:05
Just looked at the case and it seems ok. Diameter right above rim is .390.

I'll take a good look at chamber, extractor and breech face tomorrow.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/EE8FAD57-4BF0-4062-89D6-164AF3C408F6-3339-00000211B81D23E2.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/69FA230E-B7FD-456F-A097-C25A9B512FCF-3339-00000211AB250146.jpg

cowboy1964
11-21-2012, 21:06

+a bazillion.

intecooler
11-21-2012, 21:31
Can you take a picture of that primer? It sure does look to be punctured through.

So you guys wouldn't carry Underwood's Ammo for protection? Does that mean you are saying DoubleTap, Buffalo Bore and Underwood are lumped in Bouitque? Bad components, manufacturing or what?

I have had no problems with Underwood across many calibers and platforms and same for BB and DT.

PocketProtector
11-21-2012, 21:56
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/EE8FAD57-4BF0-4062-89D6-164AF3C408F6-3339-00000211B81D23E2.jpg

intecooler
11-21-2012, 22:13
Looks like the same picture. See if you can push air through. I hate to say blow on it but that primer looks punctured and could have let pressure escape.

uz2bUSMC
11-21-2012, 22:14

That because it has already been proveven in this thread that the ammo was the problem? Or is it because the big names never have problems with their product?

dkf
11-21-2012, 23:44
Is what happens when you are loading to max near the "raged edge". A little bullet setback when chambered, weaker piece of brass, weak primer, small amount over on the powder and etc could risk getting a boo boo or a KB.

intecooler
11-22-2012, 00:10
And these things have never happened to the the big name MFG's?

PocketProtector
11-22-2012, 07:27
Another question: when I disassemble the gun, the FP is protruding from slide.
Normal?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/32A52336-B5DB-44BD-AC0B-AB2EA61EB062-3567-0000022977CBEFCE.jpg

mr.z28
11-22-2012, 07:36
won't let you put the slide on the frame otherwise...

Andy W
11-22-2012, 08:47
So how does a punctured primer result in a case being stuck in the chamber? Maybe it was slightly bulged too. Seriously I don't think I'd use too much of this stufff. I don't think 9mm was intended to be loaded this hot.

dkf
11-22-2012, 09:01
Another question: when I disassemble the gun, the FP is protruding from slide.
Normal?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/32A52336-B5DB-44BD-AC0B-AB2EA61EB062-3567-0000022977CBEFCE.jpg

Yeah. You should be able to pull back on the back part of the firing pin and the saftey should snap into place and prevent the firing pin from protruding until the trigger is pulled.

intecooler
11-22-2012, 09:14
Can you Mic the brass and tell us if the primer has a hole in it?

tango44
11-22-2012, 09:21
I just stay away from +P+ with 9mm!
Corbon & Gold Dots for me!

dvrdwn72
11-22-2012, 09:46
looks like the fp is protruding out a little more?

intecooler
11-22-2012, 09:49
I don't own a Glock but don't know why the firing pin would protrude with the slide racked back. That to me spells stuck.

No every weapon can't shoot such ammo but it runs in my XD without a hiccup.

SCmasterblaster
11-22-2012, 09:50
I just stay away from +P+ with 9mm!
Corbon & Gold Dots for me!

That's right - CorBon rules :cool:

PocketProtector
11-22-2012, 09:58
Primer not perforated. I was thinking the FP was keeping the barrel from coming out of slide.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/F42DFCB2-0911-45FE-B369-1F356C348554-3834-0000024C005D244A.jpg

intecooler
11-22-2012, 10:02
Corbon huh? Which rounds of theirs are good? It's crazy pricey and I haven't heard much about a smoking gun from them but would like to learn the product line.

I'm still waiting on my exchange of Corbon BCSP's which underperformed. My only experience was not a good one!

intecooler
11-22-2012, 10:05
That could very well explain why the barrel didn't come out and also why although not fully through the primer it has a huge Crow's foot (wipe).

clarkz71
11-22-2012, 10:06
Almost looks like the round wasn't all the way
in the chamber causing the primer punture & case bulge.

Tiro Fijo
11-22-2012, 10:07
Obviously, Underwood does not have sophisticated pressure testing eqpmt. with strain gauges, etc. as the cost is exhorbitant. This just begs the question of just how they "know" what their pressures are. IMO, this leaves just one of two obvious answers:

A. they don't have their hotter loads pressure tested

B. they paid a lab to test them and have just never published the results.

You make the call. :whistling:

intecooler
11-22-2012, 10:12
tnoutdoors9 showed .386" for an unfired round and .390" for a fired round out of a G19. I don't know how that equates to other 9mm rounds when fired.

4949shooter
11-22-2012, 10:14
Corbon huh? Which rounds of theirs are good? It's crazy pricey and I haven't heard much about a smoking gun from them but would like to learn the product line.

I'm still waiting on my exchange of Corbon BCSP's which underperformed. My only experience was not a good one!

You might want to consider joining stoppingpower.net forums. Those guys are big on Corbon ammo, and it comes up often in discussion.

I doubt anyone already has your screen name over there as well. ;)

intecooler
11-22-2012, 10:19
I guess you could say I had two that didn't perform. Their 300gr expensive FPPN was about 80 FPS off advertised. Line 28:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak5OC6bPsjO8dFlJSEh0WWctdThTRGlpaFljS2x4VlE#gid=0

Happypuppy
11-22-2012, 11:51
The signs of over pressure are a primer deformation, bulging or splitting of case.
It may have been possible that the case was not fully seated when it discharged.

I have not seen what appears to be a perforation of the primer.

I have used Underwood ammo in Glock 19,23 and 26 with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1canvas
11-22-2012, 12:08

:agree:

dkf
11-22-2012, 14:45
I guess you could say I had two that didn't perform. Their 300gr expensive FPPN was about 80 FPS off advertised. Line 28:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak5OC6bPsjO8dFlJSEh0WWctdThTRGlpaFljS2x4VlE#gid=0

No you had two that did not meet the advertised velocity from your gun and over your chrono. That is about it. Pretty common on a lot of brands of ammo. Lots of variables.

Myself I am more concerned what the damage is to the target and did the bullet get to where it needs to be. The performance that matters the most.

happyguy
11-22-2012, 15:27
Primer not perforated. I was thinking the FP was keeping the barrel from coming out of slide.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/F42DFCB2-0911-45FE-B369-1F356C348554-3834-0000024C005D244A.jpg

I don''t see anything wrong with that round.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

intecooler
11-22-2012, 19:21
No Sir you missed the post. Three different Chronographs (2 F1's and a Pro-Chrono), three different pistols G20/Witness 4.5" Polymer/Match 4.75" and three locations in the Country... Maryland, Washington State and Texas. All within 6 FPS and Corbon admitted their last test was low when I contacted them and issued a UPS return immediately.

dkf
11-22-2012, 20:41
No Sir you missed the post. Three different Chronographs (2 F1's and a Pro-Chrono), three different pistols G20/Witness 4.5" Polymer/Match 4.75" and three locations in the Country... Maryland, Washington State and Texas. All within 6 FPS and Corbon admitted their last test was low when I contacted them and issued a UPS return immediately.

You completely missed the point of the second half of my post. They were under the advertised velocity whoopty doo, most loads come in under advertised velocity. That means jack to how the load actually performs on whatever it is shot into. Sounds like you are one of those internet velocity "thinkers" that the boutique companies keep wanting to please.

intecooler
11-22-2012, 21:33
Way wrong. I believe in truth. If you say something like bullet type, velocity, etc... it should be that. I have probably shot 30 or more brands of ammo and some are way off and get put on blast. This is especially true for $2 a round and up ammo. I paid $45 for 20 BCSP bullets and they were all off. Yea that pisses me! Even DoubleTap took enough heat and changed their 4.6" rating to a 5" barrel.
Some of my GAS Ammo was found to have a 200gr on a 180gr HP. I immediately put them on blast and got a response. Remington got back some Golden Bullets that were exploding in guns. I got a check from them and shortly after you saw the new improved Golden Bullets. Mainstream or smaller MFG get the same treatment.

intecooler
11-22-2012, 21:56
I don't own a Glock so can someone explain the firing pin hanging out? I have an XD which is striker fired and it doesn't do this. Only way possible would be with the slide forward in battery which would leave it unexposed. Is the firing pin moving freely and have you pulled it out for inspection?

HKLovingIT
11-22-2012, 22:08

I like their DPX for my j-frame. The guys at stopping power forum are pretty hot on Corbon DPX all round.

dkf
11-22-2012, 22:32
I don't own a Glock so can someone explain the firing pin hanging out? I have an XD which is striker fired and it doesn't do this. Only way possible would be with the slide forward in battery which would leave it unexposed. Is the firing pin moving freely and have you pulled it out for inspection?

The pistol was fired before it was field stripped thus the firing pin safety was depressed allowing the firing to move forward and stay forward. All you do is pull back on the rear portion of the firing pin and the firing pin safety pops back out keeping the firing pin from moving forward. One of the safeties that prevents the gun from firing if it is dropped. Normal with Glocks.

intecooler
11-22-2012, 22:45
Wow so much different than the XD. The pin always stays back and only goes forward when the slide goes forward.

SCmasterblaster
11-25-2012, 19:36

I have bought, tested, and used the CorBon 9mm 115gr JHP +p load for decades. It has always been excellent performers at a measured 1350 FPS out of my G17 carry gun.

twisty
11-25-2012, 22:32
I can say this about Underwood ammunition. I bought two 50rd boxes of 180 grain GD 10mm from them. I started firing it out of my Smith 1076, which has never not cycled and fired a round since I have had it, and I had a half dozen rounds that short stroked the slide and four rounds that even after multple strikes to the primer failed to go bang. This gun has always been reliable and never failed to fire with anything from blazer to Hornady XTP to Winchester silver tip. I had inconsistant charges in these cartridges and some bad primers. I gave the other box of 50 to a friend of mine who shot it out of a glock 20 and he said he had a couple that failed to go off. I just don't see the need to use ammunition that (in my experience, your's may vary) that has bad primers and inconsistant powder charges. Could have just been a bad batch that I got ahold of, but for as little as I shoot any 10mm I'll just shoot something more mainstream from my local gun shop. The way I see it the ammo and/or weapon malfunctioning is inconvenient enough when you are just out playing around or practicing. I don't think inconvenient would come close to describing how bad it would be if you were actually trying to defend yourself.

intecooler
11-25-2012, 23:09
Did you return the box of bad ammo? If not pictures of some of the rounds please.

G26S239
11-26-2012, 00:34
I don't own a Glock but don't know why the firing pin would protrude with the slide racked back. That to me spells stuck.

No every weapon can't shoot such ammo but it runs in my XD without a hiccup.That is completely normal for a Glock that has the slide taken off the frame. Glocks handle +P+ just fine. I strongly suspect a bad cartridge.

intecooler
11-26-2012, 00:53
We never heard back from the OP. Was anything found out of whack on the pistol? What do you think is wrong with the cartridge?

Deputydave
11-26-2012, 08:29

+a bazillion.

+a bazillion and one.

Yes, major ammo companies have failures as well. But % wise, not nearly as much as companies that take the major companies bullets and hot-rod them. Difference in quality control. I've never had a Speer GD jam in my Glock, nor does it seem to be an issue on our range G21's. I have had Cor-bon jam.

Another issue is what I mentioned above, they take other companies ammo and hot-rod it. That's an issue. These rounds are designed to function in a certain threshold of velocity. If you exceed this velocity you run a real risk of the round UNDER PERFORMING. Let me explain what I mean. Cor-bon using the Seirra bullet drives it to around 1350fps. And it usually (in our testing using different medium and barriers i.e. clothing) fragments like hell. Yes, it did have signs of good expansion before fragmentation. And I've never seen one clog up with clothing. BUT, the penetration suffered dramatically! I have personally seen and interviewed a perp that was shot 12 times (as he was chasing a woman with a knife in the front yard). I don't remember the brand, but it was a hot 115 (non-bonded) 9mm being used in the agencies duty gun. It was a side shot by two officers as he was running (so were the officers). Six shots in the upper arm and six in the leg (left side). None...I repeat NONE of the 12 rounds penetrated the entire length of the limbs i.e. none of the six arm shots penetrated the arm to then go into the torso. The only reason he stopped was one round fractured the femur (but most any round could have done the same thing). Point is, it was that one lucky shot that stopped the perp from killing the woman he was attacking. Nothing had penetration anywhere near to what it takes to reach a vital or CNS.

Think of it this way, a round that expands too aggressively may well expand premature in the target before achieving enough depth to reach a vital/CNS, particularly on a shot that has an obstacle (most do). This acts like a parachute to slow the bullet to put it in simplistic terms. When a round that has been designed around a specific velocity range, then exceeds that range, it can/will/does affect terminal performance. An expanded bullet is great. An expanded bullet that doesn't penetrate deep enough to hit something important isn't great.

A 115 that travels 1300-1400 'sounds' superior to one that does 1100. But in reality, it very well may (and usually does) degrade the performance of the round. More is not always better. Now 'if' the round is designed to perform at higher velocities 'and' the shooter KNOWS they can make accurate and fast follow up shots UNDER DURESS with that type of round then we have a different ball game. But in general there is a reason major companies don't hot-rod the ammo....they don't need to hot-rod it to have it performed as designed.

Think of it this way, financial considerations to the side, police use Speer, Winchester etc for a reason. Maybe there is, but I've never heard of one using Cor-bon or Buffalo Bore or any of the other exotics. Yes, cost is a consideration but speaking as an agency instructor that tests ammo, consistent quality and performance is a bigger consideration. Also immediate availability.

Just food for thought.:wavey:

SCmasterblaster
11-26-2012, 11:48

Yes, I can. When the side is back on the frame, the striker is halfway cocked back, away form the primer.

PBR Sailor
11-26-2012, 12:16
I like to carry a major name +P round. Corbon makes good ammunition, but I think that +P+ ammunition beats up the pistol and is not necessary. I currently carry the Speer Gold Dot +P 124g HP round.

The Glock pistols have a little bit less support at the rear of the case than some of the other firearm manufacturers. Take an empty piece of brass, chamber it, then remove the magazine. Turn the pistol upside down and view the brass from the bottom of the magazine well. You should see a little more brass than if you did this with some other pistols. I also have measured once fired brass from different pistols and noticed that brass from ammunition I fired out of my Glocks was expanded 0.0005" larger in diameter. The support of the brass in Glock pistols is not an issue when the manufacturer uses high quality brass.

I usually see what I like to call a firing pin smear mark on the primer when I inspect brass from ammunition fired in my Glocks. This is normal for higher pressure loads and does not cause me concern as long as the primer is not pierced. I suspect the brass expanded to the point that it made it difficult to cycle the slide. Push the tail of the firing pin/striker to the rear and the firing pin safety should click. Then try to push the firing pin tail forward and the firing pin should not protrude from the firing pin hole without depressing the firing pin safety.

For the record, I have carried/owned Beretta, Smith & Wesson, Sig Sauer and Kimber pistols and kept records on what worked and what did not with each pistol. I currently own several Glocks used for competition and concealed carry use. I believe that Glock makes a great service pistol.

SCmasterblaster
11-26-2012, 14:23

I like the old-style 9mm 115gr JHP+p round. 1350 FPS. $25 for 20 rounds last I saw.

PocketProtector
12-06-2012, 11:12
Well, took the G26 to the range again today. Decided to retry the Underwoods.
Clean gun, and the gun has never had any issues with any other ammo.
First 5 rounds fired okay, round 6 jammed. Not quite as bad as the last time but the round was clearly stuck in the chamber, and I had to YANK the slide back to get it out.

Round on Left failed, round on right OK.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/9C652E45-21BD-4C10-A46C-4D191260A84D-1078-000000E70F58AC43.jpg

WWWB below
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/CE239772-C1A7-48C0-9990-23650FB25255-1078-000000E807403D92.jpg

SCmasterblaster
12-06-2012, 11:17

I have been using CB 9mm 115gr JHP +p since 1993 - no problems.

Adamz04
12-06-2012, 17:12
Yep. Same thing happened to me almost to a "t".

I carry the same gun glock 26 gen4 stock and the ammo I had was underwood 124gr+p+
Fired one mag and every other round bulged up and would t eject from the expanded brass. Put my hst and range ammo back in and she is flawless again. Luckily I was able to sell all my underwood 9mm off. No more for me and I'm back to my trusty hst

intecooler
12-06-2012, 20:24
What is the barrel length of a G26? You are shooting the most powerful 9mm ammo out there bar none.

That being said what is the factory spring in these? Has it ever been changed and how many rounds? You have some very crazy strikes on the Underwood's. Not every firearm is up to the task for chamber support and spring.

Can you post a picture of a round inserted into the chamber? My guess is the support like some of the other Glock models isn't good and a weak for load spring compounds it.

My XD ate them like candy, no swelling and no weird strikes but the barrel is said to be tighter. Want pics? I'm going tomorrow and can snap some shooting these exact same rounds.

G26S239
12-06-2012, 20:38
Yep. Same thing happened to me almost to a "t".

I carry the same gun glock 26 gen4 stock and the ammo I had was underwood 124gr+p+
Fired one mag and every other round bulged up and would t eject from the expanded brass. Put my hst and range ammo back in and she is flawless again. Luckily I was able to sell all my underwood 9mm off. No more for me and I'm back to my trusty hst
Bulging cases and causing malfunctions in a G26 sounds like crap ammo to me.

PocketProtector
12-06-2012, 21:00
G26 is new. My suspicion is chamber support also. 6 out of 8 rounds fired fine. So inconsistency of ammo?

intecooler
12-06-2012, 21:16
No, more than likely it's the barrel plus I just saw it's a 3.46" setup. That's going to have some serious slide velocity with this load. What's the highest spring rating you can get for it?

Here is my XD 4" barrel with a round inserted. Just took a picture for you. If you can do the same I would love to see what you are working with.

All around the brass is sunk inside the chamber except the feed ramp. When I put my thumb on the round I can't rock it up and down. Movement in that direction is .001" at most (unmeasureable). Side to side is about .003" most, not hardly any slop. The bottom unsupported part is hard to really see in the picture but the amount of exposed brass there is half a playing card at most. Maybe .005"?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/68803_470569732981064_477398530_n.jpg

dkf
12-06-2012, 21:18
If you are running the stock recoil spring it is the same recoil spring as in the G33. If it can handle .357sig ammo it can handle that +P+ 9mm. The pics of the hit primer look fine to me. With the pressures the primer is seeing the primer brass is going to flow into the firing pin hole a bit and have a strong mark from the FP.(looks like factory .357sig primers after fired) The later model Glock 9mm barrels actually have pretty good support. It looks like an ammo issue to me.

PocketProtector
12-06-2012, 21:27
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/455D1C95-2FC5-4348-8287-F75C177C4017-1529-00000121E67D80F4.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/11322133-2EAC-4315-A384-BA66342F9191-1529-00000121D9CF5BD4.jpg

G26S239
12-06-2012, 21:31
No, more than likely it's the barrel plus I just saw it's a 3.46" setup. That's going to have some serious slide velocity with this load. What's the highest spring rating you can get for it?

Here is my XD 4" barrel with a round inserted. Just took a picture for you. If you can do the same I would love to see what you are working with.

All around the brass is sunk inside the chamber except the feed ramp. When I put my thumb on the round I can't rock it up and down. Movement in that direction is .001" at most (unmeasureable). Side to side is about .003" most, not hardly any slop. The bottom unsupported part is hard to really see in the picture but the amount of exposed brass there is half a playing card at most. Maybe .005"?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/68803_470569732981064_477398530_n.jpg
You clearly do not know what you are talking about. The Glock 26 slide is 11.8 ounces with steel sights, 11.6 with plastic factory sights. It handles +P+ ammunition just fine. My 1999 26 has over 1000 rounds of +P+, mosltly Winchester 115 and 127 +P+ with some Remington 115 +P+ thrown in. The 26 slide weighs .2 ounces less than a 27/33 slide.

Here is my 1999 DHR prefix 26 barrel with round in it.
http://i47.tinypic.com/35i8ylw.jpg

seed
12-06-2012, 21:33
Don't know if anyone said this before, but you might want to make sure your extractor is not chipped as a result of the problems you experienced.

intecooler
12-06-2012, 21:35
I think I do know. Can you take a closer picture? That one doesn't show me anything.

intecooler
12-06-2012, 21:44
Here is my XD eating them in video. Their is a difference and I'm trying to help figure out what it is. I also get perfect strikes without wiping of the primers. I'm going tomorrow and will try to help where I can. Video, pictures, brass measurements. What will help here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R538vH9p5PE

This is not a snub but some firearms aren't friendly with certain ammos. Perhaps the G26 isn't with the hottest 9mm round on the planet right now. tnoutdoors9 also has a video shooting it and a big warning right from jump if you haven't seen it. He had no issues BTW in his G19.

G26S239
12-06-2012, 21:52
So you know huh? Tell me about your Glock 26 Intercooler.

As for slide velocity here is a CZ85 slide.
http://i48.tinypic.com/351hmbr.jpg

Here is a 26 slide.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2jbk6mw.jpg

PocketProtector
12-06-2012, 21:56
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/9F60AB81-06A0-4259-B01E-93C32EA0BF7D-1583-00000127D91AA2B2.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/9C218994-D253-4497-AB2A-ED1EBA1C6B2F-1583-00000127CC56C708.jpg

G26S239
12-06-2012, 21:58
Back in about 2005 I bought some 320 grain Cor Bon 44 mag rounds that got stuck in my S&W 629 and my Wesson Arms 44 mag. It was clearly loaded too hot and I got replacement ammo for it. I have never had any trouble using Winchester 115 or 127 +P+ or Remington +P+ in my G26s.

intecooler
12-06-2012, 21:59
What are you showing slide weights for? You mean the slide velocity comment.

The short slide 3.46" will cycle faster than a 6" longslide yes?

G26S239
12-06-2012, 22:09

Yes it will given the same recoil momentum. But mv = m'v' in any case and there is a .2 ounce difference between the G26 slide and the G27/33 slides. Both of those handle the 357 Sig and 40 just fine. And as you can see the CZ85 slide is lighter than the 26 slide and the CZ85 handles +P+ just fine with its stock 14# spring.

intecooler
12-06-2012, 22:17
In shorter barrels it's my experience they need more to slow the slide down. Longer slides can get away with it.

What's your suggestion to the OP for the issue?

It could be a number of things and a combo of them all. I can't tell exactly because it isn't in my hands where I could try some things. Best advice for now is return the ammo and go with something else. It's just not working in this unit! I will buy it from the OP and shoot it out of my XD :)

Cheap tries are heaviest recoil spring you can stuff in there and take pre/post brass measurements to see how much expansion you are getting in addition to checking out the pistol with a fine-tooth comb.

intecooler
12-06-2012, 22:22
CZ-82 is 4.72" barrel length and hammer fired. Striker fired don't have a hammer with main spring going against slide movement. That's part of why a flat bottom firing pin stop/block slows down the slide even more in hammer-fired.

G26S239
12-06-2012, 22:27
Short versus long slides is more dependent on weight than length since mv = m'v' every time. As I illustrated the Glock 26 has a fairly heavy slide, LC9 slide is 8 ounces, Beretta Nano is 9.6, MK9 is 8.4 and K9 is 8.8 ounces. As for this lot of ammo I would suggest that the OP send it back for exchange or refund. In 2005 I bought a box of Cor Bon 320 grain 44 magnum ammo that needed to be pounded out of my 629 and Wesson Arms revolvers. I exchanged what was left for 3 boxes of other stuff.

G26S239
12-06-2012, 22:33
CZ-82 is 4.72" barrel length and hammer fired. Striker fired don't have a hammer with main spring going against slide movement. That's part of why a flat bottom firing pin stop/block slows down the slide even more in hammer-fired.
I have used a flat bottom FPS in my Delta Elite 10mm, the FPS on my CZ is stock well rounded one. The slide weights of the LC9, Nano, MK9 and K9 are more apples to apples. The .2 ounce higher weight of the 27 and 33 slides is about as apples to apples as it gets. A person would need to make an effort to find a 40 or 357 load that has less momentum than a 9mm load.

dkf
12-06-2012, 22:44

As I mentioned in my previous post the slide velocity is irrelevant to this situation. The G33 uses the same recoil spring and almost identical slide as the G26. The .357sig round will move the slide just as fast if not faster than the ammo in question.

Sounds to me like the case is sticking in the chamber due to the high pressure causing excessive case expansion. Same deal with revolvers and rifles with max or over max loads, the case is hard to extract from the chamber.

intecooler
12-06-2012, 23:05
Tear a round down. See what's in there it should be:

http://10mm-firearms.com/factory-10mm-ammo/underwood-9mm-115gr-speer-gold-dot-jhp/

I sent the round to someone to see what we are working with. See if you have 7.0 grains there as that's what mine had.

124 +P+ had 6.6gr's as found on this board.

Sorry I don't have the answer for you. Even this little guy shot it no problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9878L6YkQS0

clarkz71
12-07-2012, 06:08

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/68803_470569732981064_477398530_n.jpg (http://g)

Here's my G23 barrel, much better then
the early ones. Also 4" barrel.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/clarkz71/Glock40G23Chamber2012010.jpg

dkf
12-07-2012, 09:58
the early ones. Also 4" barrel.My G27 barrel looks the same.

The 9mm and .357sig barrels have even more support than the .40 barrels of the same year.

clarkz71
12-07-2012, 10:02
My G27 barrel looks the same.

The 9mm and .357sig barrels have even more support than the .40 barrels of the same year.

Any more then that and you have full support
That pic is with alot of zoom, you can see the little

I like to see a 9mm chamber with zoom-in like that.

dkf
12-07-2012, 12:23
These are the only pics I have on my computer now. The 9mm barrel is pretty close in support to the .357sig barrel.

G27 Left (same as yours) G33 on Right

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/SDV10/G27andG33Gen3Barrels.jpg

G33 Barrel

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/SDV10/G33Gen3Barrel1.jpg

intecooler
12-07-2012, 12:32
How much case expansion are you getting with your G26 when measured? Can anyone get a feel for slop around the diameter of an unfired inserted into the barrel? It may just be one of those firearms that this won't run in it.

clarkz71
12-07-2012, 12:33
Kind of hard to see how much of the case
is supported with no round in the barrel(s).

PocketProtector
12-07-2012, 13:08
Here's what the Glock armorers manual says for fail to extract.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/Glockfail-1.jpg

SCmasterblaster
12-08-2012, 10:27
the early ones. Also 4" barrel.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/clarkz71/Glock40G23Chamber2012010.jpg

These pics show what a loose round looks like chambered. I wonder what an extractor-grasped round looks like in the chamber? No difference?