Black and stainless 10/22 - bull or sporter threaded barrel ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Black and stainless 10/22 - bull or sporter threaded barrel ?

sdsnet
11-23-2012, 21:35
I have a black synthetic stock and stainless barrel 10/22 I bought about seven years ago. Anyway I own a Gemtec suppressor I have used with a pistol and now I would like to purchase a threaded barrel for my 10/22. It looks like the sporter version is more likely to fit the existing stock than the bull barrel version due to its larger diameter.

I'm hoping to get some input on which aftermarket barrels are simple to replace and work the best for under $200 if that is possible. If I want to go with a bull barrel where can I find a compatible barrel and stock ?

Would the YHM sporter be good to start with if I keep my existing stock ?

Thanks,

sdsnet

CMG
11-24-2012, 08:01
Green Mountain barrels offer the best value, IMO, in an after-market barrel. The accuracy of their standard contour barrels are excellent.

If you want a bull-barrel profile (the all steel barrels get super heavy), I'd recommend a sleeved aluminum model from Tactial Solutions or a sleeved carbon fiber from Volquartsen. I think both are available threaded.

sdsnet
11-26-2012, 00:41
Green Mountain barrels offer the best value, IMO, in an after-market barrel. The accuracy of their standard contour barrels are excellent.

If you want a bull-barrel profile (the all steel barrels get super heavy), I'd recommend a sleeved aluminum model from Tactial Solutions or a sleeved carbon fiber from Volquartsen. I think both are available threaded.

Thanks !!!

harleypilot
12-01-2012, 04:38
I bought everything to build my heavy barrel target 10/22 from MidwayUSA.com.

They have a pretty good selection, and I have been a customer of theirs for many years without any problems.

Very fast shipping, and nice people to deal with.

Jim

agent clark
12-01-2012, 16:50
check out rimfirecentral, lots of info on there. Lots of different barrel contours with threads available, I have a Green Mountain heavy taper with threads that is great.