Dirty AR Will Jam-NOT! LMT Fires 10K x W/out A Cleaning (No Malfunctions) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dirty AR Will Jam-NOT! LMT Fires 10K x W/out A Cleaning (No Malfunctions)

Durden
11-24-2012, 02:34
First, let me say that I stumbled upon an LMT Defender at a great price a while back (by a friend who insisted I buy it at ridiculously low price; I gave him more than wanted to take).

The fit & finish equals and in some cases exceeds the Colt I used in the Marine Corps, and the LE6920 that I since procured, and the SOPMOD stock is the best one I've ever tried, in terms of cheek weld.

So, I wanted to post this up because it echoes my experience with my LMT Defender (mine has not had one malfunction - zero - in many thousands of rounds fired), even though I did not stress it terms of not cleaning it the way Enoc did; his is a 14.5", while mine is 16" carbine.

I didn't notice his thread until tonight while searching for something that was related:
A little LMT fun... (http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100162)

collim1
11-24-2012, 03:33
I never gotten one to jam as long as it was wet. A couple of drops of CLP in the BCG witness holes every few hundred rounds will keep them running a long time.

I wish I could afford 10k rounds of .223

I doubt I'll ever shoot that much through my AR in a lifetime.

Foxtrotx1
11-24-2012, 04:28
A quality built AR will not jam when using correct spec ammunition and lubed well.

Note: LMT is one of the quality builders.

WoodenPlank
11-24-2012, 18:42
The BCM/EAG Filthy 14 has that beat by a wide margin. However, any quality, properly maintained and lubed AR should be capable of this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

expatman
11-24-2012, 18:58
Everyone know that what you say is not possible. Lies! I say. All lies!!

mjkeat
11-24-2012, 22:45
Would you like some Jam on your toast?

I think Filthy 14 went 50K. Correct?

WoodenPlank
11-24-2012, 22:53
Would you like some Jam on your toast?

I think Filthy 14 went 50K. Correct?

42k was the last count I saw, with 1-2 cleanings, I think at least 2 bolt replacements (all failed north of 10k rounds per bolt), some gas ring replacements as needed, and not a whole hell of a lot else.

MAC702
11-24-2012, 22:58
Uh, the fact that this is "news" kinda proves it's not usual.

This is like taking the lap time of a Buell to prove that Harley-Davidson makes a fast motorcycle engine.

mjkeat
11-24-2012, 23:12
Uh, the fact that this is "news" kinda proves it's not usual.

This is like taking the lap time of a Buell to prove that Harley-Davidson makes a fast motorcycle engine.

Not really uncommon other than the fact that most do not have the finances to purchase ammunition in this volume.

Filthy 14 was just 1 of many ran through Rogers classes. They have multiple ARs ranging from 20K to the 50k mark. I don't remember exact numbers but I'm guess somewhere around 14 different ARs. I have multiple copies of the article. I'll get more exact numbers tommorrow. Spent 14 hours at the range today. I'm a little tired.