Anyone see any good movies lately??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see any good movies lately???

tim12232
11-25-2012, 00:48
Well its late or should I say early sunday morning! I have worked almost 24 hours in the last 36 and am exhausted but just wired too. I am not complaining, I had been out of work for quite a while and a couple of months ago was hired for Best Buy Mobile. Its retail and with that comes alot of negatives, but its nice to have a job you also enjoy?! ~End Rant:supergrin:

Which brings me to the subject of this post, what are some good movies you have seen recently "With in past month"?

Rules, 1. Does not matter Theatre or Home. 2. Any age "just explain what you liked about it"? 3. Good fun harassing only! "Meaning even if its a chick flick, who cares....share!!!"

I will start, just got home from work a little bit ago and when I got home my roomate just started watching Date Night, with Steve Carrell and Tina Fey.

Little soft at times, and raunchy as well... but the latter you at least expect. Pretty funny, but late teen and older is all I would recommend.

Lets hear yours!

wingryder
11-25-2012, 00:59
-Argo. It was phenomenal!
-Bourne Anything! My favorite action/spy thriller
-The Incredibles. Pixar is the best storytellers in the industry.
-Office Space
-Talladega Nights

For hours of incredible viewing these mini-series:
-Band of Brothers
-Pacific
-John Adams

TV:
-Mythbusters
-Big Bang Theory
-Seinfeld
-Any show about the Universe.

winchester62
11-25-2012, 01:04
Argo: Good
Skyfall: sucked eggs
Double feature tonight ;-)

MLM
11-25-2012, 06:10
I watched Memorial Day on Netflix a couple of days ago. I thought it was pretty good.
Story about an wounded soldier in Afghanistan telling the story of when he was 12/13 years old and finding his grandfather's WWII ARMY trunk and getting him to tell his stories.

eracer
11-25-2012, 07:05
I enjoyed 'Battleship'. I didn't think I would, since I hated
Transformers', and expected it to be that kind of movie. But it was a pretty solid action flick.

'Descendants' with George Clooney playing a man whose wife is in a coma after a boating accident. He is forced to re-examine his life, reconnect with two daughters that he's been too busy to care about, and deals with some other interesting things that crop up. Another central theme is that he is the trustee for a prime piece of 25,000 acre property on Kauai that his family inherited. Some want to sell to the highest bidder, some want to sell to a local Hawaiian interest for less money, and some don't want to sell at all. That thread plays in an out of the film and becomes a central message. All in all, it's definitely on the 'Chick Flick' end of the spectrum, but there are some solid performances, and I found the story pretty interesting. I liked the movie for a lot of reasons.

If you like ACTION! ACTION! ACTION!, check out 'Safe House' with Denzel Washington. Definitely NOT his best role - in fact, it's one of his weakest - but it's non-stop hand-to-hand combat, gunfights, and car chases, all of which are choreographed really well, IMO. The plot is thin, and the acting is so-so, but again, if you want to give your subwoofer a workout, and you like intelligence agency-type story lines with a LOT of action, give it a try. Be prepared to love it in one way, and be entirely 'meh' in another.

'The Recruit' with Al Pacino as the teacher with a hidden agenda, and Collin Farrell as the student who may or may not be who he seems to be, is really good CIA story. Lots of plot twists keep you guessing, and good action throughout keeps you watching. Solid flick, IMO.

smokin762
11-25-2012, 08:08
Yesterday afternoon I went to see the remake of Red Dawn. I didnít think it was bad.

When the original Red Dawn came out, I went to see that at the Theater also. I thought it was better.

tim12232
11-26-2012, 22:00
Nice Everyone! I really thought this would generate a bit more feedback?

Boot Stomper
11-27-2012, 20:39
With three kids under ten this is all I get to see at the movies.

Wreck-It Ralph Trailer - YouTube

Halojumper
11-27-2012, 20:45
I saw Argo last week and Bourne Legacy a few weeks ago. Both were really good. Argo was different from most of the recent Hollywood stuff. Interestingly enough I am in the middle of reading Master of Disguise, but the author and main character of Argo. It give some interesting insight into what his job really entailed and how he got there.

deguelo
11-27-2012, 20:51
+1 on argo. my wife and i loved it. not exactly true to the operation itself, but it's a great story, and very well written, acted, and filmed. as tense a movie as i've seen in a long time, even though i knew how it was it going to end. regards-- deguelo

Gixxerjoe04
11-27-2012, 20:51
Month or 2 ago I saw End of watch, I believe is what it's called, thought it was pretty darn awesome.
Safe House is on hbo now and it's an awesome movie as well.
Savages was alright, not as good as I expected.

tim12232
02-28-2013, 22:03
Just saw the new Denzel movie Flight..."or whatever lol"
Great movie, dark, but love him or hate him Denzel in this movie works very well!

JimBianchi
02-28-2013, 22:17
Life of Pi was very good.

An excellent ending.

vettely
02-28-2013, 22:40
End of Watch & Battleship (recently seen).

HollowHead
02-28-2013, 22:51
I picked up "Waking Ned Devine" in the bargain bin at CVS. damned funny! HH

Detectorist
02-28-2013, 23:06
End of Watch

TheBlazer
03-01-2013, 13:22
"Deadfall" was just put into the Red Box system this week. It is great.

Dennis in MA
03-01-2013, 13:59
Just saw the new Denzel movie Flight..."or whatever lol"
Great movie, dark, but love him or hate him Denzel in this movie works very well!

I liked it, too. Pretty graphic for Hollywood in the first sequence. Nothing like the trailers indicated.

M&P15T
03-01-2013, 14:03
I've seen Zero Dark Thirty and Skyfall recently.

I enjoyed both immensely.

Be careful though, enjoying a movie is all about your expectations. Have them too high, and nothing will seem very good. I will say that the ending part of Skyfall has some sweet HK416 action in it.

AA_Khost
03-01-2013, 20:45
Suspect Zero is pretty good.

Argo

Adjuster
03-01-2013, 21:13
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1474784

WarCry
03-01-2013, 21:14
My two most recent theatricals were Warm Bodies and Dark Skies. Both were pretty damn good.

Warm Bodies is a fun take on the whole zombie thing. I like the lead actress (Teresa Palmer, from The Sorcerer's Apprentice and I Am Number Four). John Malkovich doesn't have a lot of screen-time, but he's used quite effectively.

Dark Skies has a bit of a Poltergeist meets Close Encounters vibe to it. Had a few 'make ya jump' moments in it, and, like above, a limited-but-well-used role from a strong veteran actor - in this case, JK Simmons.

I'd recommend either one of these. Warm Bodies would actually make a pretty good date movie, I think.