DNA proof of bigfoot? what say the naysayers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DNA proof of bigfoot? what say the naysayers?

MELE20C
11-25-2012, 07:02
Scientists have made some interesting claims from a DNA study. See the study results here:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/11/prweb10166775.htm

and how some of the DNA was obtained here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W6vy8px8_1Y

Bet the G20 and G29 10mm with Buffalo Bore ammo gets a boost after this gets more exposure!

Bren
11-25-2012, 07:43
In other words:

Melba Ketchum announces Bigfoot DNA results. Without the data. (http://doubtfulnews.com/2012/11/melba-ketchum-announces-bigfoot-dna-results-without-the-data/)

We don’t know who the team of scientists is. Melba has been silent. The collected data is suspect, the analysis is suspect, the conclusions are suspect. EVERYTHING is suspect because there is no data for anyone else to examine, the procedure and results have not yet been published and there is NO OTHER reliable physical evidence, traces or history of such an indigenous people.

To make such an extraordinary claim is to put yourself out on such a long, unstable limb! It is not how science is done, it’s how pseudoscience is done.

An interesting observation: Finding "unknown" DNA and assuming that proves something about bigfoot, even if it really is unknown DNA, is similar to seeing an "unidentified" flying object and assuming that means something about visitors from other planets. In short: it's stupid.

el_jewapo
11-25-2012, 07:52
An interesting observation: Finding "unknown" DNA and assuming that proves something about bigfoot, even if it really is unknown DNA, is similar to seeing an "unidentified" flying object and assuming that means something about visitors from other planets. In short: it's stupid.

Well, if the DNA came from hair samples, that's what we're dealing with. You say that like this DNA just sprouted up in a test tube. They say it came from hair, that's the interesting thing, DNA testing just confirms the authenticity of the hair.

I admit, I just started watching the Youtube video in the original post and haven't read the article. Just enough to know the DNA samples came from hair, not just DNA smeared on a log or something.

Bren
11-25-2012, 07:59
Well, if the DNA came from hair samples, that's what we're dealing with. You say that like this DNA just sprouted up in a test tube. They say it came from hair, that's the interesting thing, DNA testing just confirms the authenticity of the hair.

I admit, I just started watching the Youtube video in the original post and haven't read the article. Just enough to know the DNA samples came from hair, not just DNA smeared on a log or something.

Do you actually not realize tha's the same thing? A hair sample? hair of what? There is no step that leads to that being "bigfoot."

Johnspark
11-25-2012, 08:02
Naysayer still says Nay...Nay...Nay...

mac66
11-25-2012, 08:09
We can find evidence of extinct plants and animals, even microbes millions of years old but can't find one piece of real evidence of an animal that exists today? What's that tell ya?

el_jewapo
11-25-2012, 08:11
Do you actually not realize tha's the same thing? A hair sample? hair of what? There is no step that leads to that being "bigfoot."

Hair of some unknown animal. If you believe the article, a human hybrid of some sort.

devildog2067
11-25-2012, 08:17
Naysayer still says Nay...Nay...Nay...

No, they don't.

They say "show us some evidence."

Until then...

Tango 1Zero
11-25-2012, 08:21
I watched that youtube video. The videos dont show anything just blurred wanna be images. Honestly cant see anything hes trying to point out in his pictures.

devildog2067
11-25-2012, 08:48

That's not how DNA testing works.

One can't "confirm" the authenticity of a hair sample using DNA testing, when attempting to "confirm" that the hair came from a previously unknown species. DNA testing allows you to match a sample of hair to a known species. You can't just "read" DNA and draw very many conclusions about where it came from.

Bren
11-25-2012, 08:53
Hair of some unknown animal. If you believe the article, a human hybrid of some sort.

And, assuming that is correct (very unlikely given the history and actions of the researcher) it means exactly what you said. It doesn't tell us if that hybrid is "bigfoot" or looks like a squirrel monkey.

GreenDrake
11-25-2012, 08:55
Where are all the Bigfoot skeletons?

Al Czervik
11-25-2012, 08:59

I have a cargo container full of'em. For $1000, I'll show you. For one miiiiilion dollars, I'll sell a bone.

:tongueout:

Cali-Glock
11-25-2012, 09:01
Hair, scat, and teeth have been found... So why then have not definitive DNA results been released?

Because (I asume) each time the DNA results come back as some known species.

el_jewapo
11-25-2012, 09:08

One can't "confirm" the authenticity of a hair sample using DNA testing, when attempting to "confirm" that the hair came from a previously unknown species. DNA testing allows you to match a sample of hair to a known species. You can't just "read" DNA and draw very many conclusions about where it came from.

Yeah I wasn't trying to suggest they can look at the DNA and say "that's a bigfoot". But they can tell it's real hair and not from a known species from DNA testing.

el_jewapo
11-25-2012, 09:08
And, assuming that is correct (very unlikely given the history and actions of the researcher) it means exactly what you said. It doesn't tell us if that hybrid is "bigfoot" or looks like a squirrel monkey.

Fair enough. It's probably another hoax of a story anyway.

czsmithGT
11-25-2012, 09:26
No, they don't.

Until then...

Jeezy how much evidence do you skeptics need. The Truth Is Out There

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/CzsmithGT/big-foot-steve.jpg

Bren
11-25-2012, 09:46
Hair, scat, and teeth have been found... So why then have not definitive DNA results been released?

Because (I asume) each time the DNA results come back as some known species.

You are correct, according to 100% of what I have seen.

Carrys
11-25-2012, 09:48
You can't just "read" DNA and draw very many conclusions about where it came from.

I suppose when one wants something to be true enough.....anything can be true in their mind.

Anything.:wavey:

Bruce M
11-25-2012, 10:05
Jeezy how much evidence do you skeptics need. The Truth Is Out There

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/CzsmithGT/big-foot-steve.jpg
:rofl::rofl:

oldgraywolf
11-25-2012, 11:11
No amount of reason or logic will change the believers' minds. Reminds me of another subject.

Foxtrotx1
11-25-2012, 11:27

Other big foots hide the bones duh!

tsmo1066
11-25-2012, 11:31
So a somewhat sketchy "researcher" posts results of an alleged DNA test, but won't offer forth the data itself or any of the actual samples to allow for independent verification and testing, and we're all supposed to herald this as "proof" that Bigfoot exists?

Kinda reminds me of the two guys a few years back who claimed to have an actual Bigfoot corpse in an ice chest.

:whistling:

Resqu2
11-25-2012, 11:32
Someone explain DNA to me please, I though you had to have something to compair it to? The DNA machine just isn't gonna print out Bigfoot even if the sample is really from a Bigfoot.

Johnspark
11-25-2012, 11:32
No, they don't.

Until then...

I was speaking only for myself.

FCastle88
11-25-2012, 11:43
Someone explain DNA to me please, I though you had to have something to compair it to? The DNA machine just isn't gonna print out Bigfoot even if the sample is really from a Bigfoot.
Well, if you find hair in an area with reported Bigfoot sightings, and the DNA testing says unknown primate, it's probably a pretty safe assumption that the sample is from whatever people are calling Bigfoot. Unless there are more than one type of unknown primate running around North America.

CBennett
11-25-2012, 11:45
When they have PROOF i will believe till then i STILL call BS

vart
11-25-2012, 11:53

Aren't you in fact confirming the point made by the BF community; that a hair sample was found that does not show any DNA link to any known species?

If you have a hair sample that came from an area in which supposed BF activity has been observed, and that hair sample did not come from a horse, a deer, a bear, an elk, moose, or any other known species, it isn't much of a stretch to claim that the hair came from an unknown species.

Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species.

It does not sound likely that the unknown species from which the hair came is going to turn out to be something like a spotted tree squirrel...

oldgraywolf
11-25-2012, 12:03
Well, if you find hair in an area with reported Bigfoot sightings, and the DNA testing says unknown primate, it's probably a pretty safe assumption that the sample is from whatever people are calling Bigfoot. Unless there are more than one type of unknown primate running around North America.

That'd be mighty weak science.

Aren't you in fact confirming the point made by the BF community; that a hair sample was found that does not show any DNA link to any known species?

If you have a hair sample that came from an area in which supposed BF activity has been observed, and that hair sample did not come from a horse, a deer, a bear, an elk, moose, or any other known species, it isn't much of a stretch to claim that the hair came from an unknown species.

It does not sound likely that the unknown species from which the hair came is going to turn out to be something like a spotted tree squirrel...

And again, mighty weak science. Where's the PROOF, like unto peer reviewed, verifiable PROOF?

countrygun
11-25-2012, 12:31
I say it confirms some of my suspicions about my ex-wife.

Paul53
11-25-2012, 12:31
So we've got DNA from an unknown species, and that confirms bigfoot? My conclusion is that it's from a space alien. My claim is just as valid considering all the "proof."

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 12:33
scientific "proof" without peer review is not "proof" and hardly scientific.

vart
11-25-2012, 12:51
scientific "proof" without peer review is not "proof" and hardly scientific.

A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch,” living in North America.

It is currently under peer review. The other article which the nay-sayers show as proof that that the study is a fraud clearly states that the scientists were not ready to release results, that it was under peer review, and that since it was leaked early, they had to reveal what they had found through a press-release.

It is a press release and not the completed study with all of the requisite peer-reviews and details of findings.

devildog2067
11-25-2012, 12:55

1) That would only be true if I agreed with the conclusion that the lab claims to have reached in the first place (that they're unable to identify the species from which it originated); I have doubts about their scientific integrity and indeed about their scientific literacy. I guess we'll see when (if) their paper gets published.

2) If indeed the hair sample being found that does not belong to any known species implies only that it belongs to a species whose DNA has not yet been studied in detail. It does not necessarily mean that the species is unknown, and even if it is, it does not imply that the DNA comes from a Sasquatch.

devildog2067
11-25-2012, 12:56
It is currently under peer review.

That can mean a lot of things; it remains to be seen whether they mean the same thing that real scientists mean. We'll know once we read the paper and know the identities of the reviewers.

vart
11-25-2012, 13:04
That can mean a lot of things; it remains to be seen whether they mean the same thing that real scientists mean. We'll know once we read the paper and know the identities of the reviewers.

Sounds reasonable.

I know the first impression I get when I hear about "bigfoot researchers" is a couple of DeVry drop outs who live in an RV...

I'm sure there are some respectable bigfoot researchers out there; I met Grover Krantz and he was a typical college professor...

Kozel
11-25-2012, 13:05

Usually people that ask that kind of question are the ones that do not get out into the nature much.

Any animal that hits the ground in the woods is devoured fast. Flesh is gone in no time then porcupines and mice start working on bones and they are very efficient.
Before you know all that is left are teeth and they are scattered around by animals that eat bones. Porcupines also hide bones to eat them later so skeleton is gone even faster then it is eaten

Most of bones found today are from mass extinction events or from animals that fell into bogs and got preserved.

You want to find bones of Bigfoot? Check out nearest Chinese pharmacy. They may have some.

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/hominids/2012/01/did-bigfoot-really-exist-how-gigantopithecus-became-extinct/

Al Czervik
11-25-2012, 13:11
Usually people that ask that kind of question are the ones that do not get out into the nature much.

Any animal that hits the ground in the woods is devoured fast. Flesh is gone in no time then porcupines and mice start working on bones and they are very efficient.
Before you know all that is left are teeth and they are scattered around by animals that eat bones.

Most of bones bound today are from mass extinction events or from animals that fell into bogs and got preserved.

A quick drive around my ranch would yield lots of bones of everything from armadillos to deer to cows. Deer spines and heads are everywhere.
One tree has bones from 42 years ago where several cows were killed by a lightning strike.

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 13:16
is the peer review being done by other BF researchers?

countrygun
11-25-2012, 13:22
A quick drive around my ranch would yield lots of bones of everything from armadillos to deer to cows. Deer spines and heads are everywhere.
One tree has bones from 42 years ago where several cows were killed by a lightning strike.

Being familiar with both plains and rainforests I have to say that both are right in their respective enivironments.

Here in "prime Bigfoot Country" the PacNW coast, I can say that bones do not last long. We have a plethora of small vermin that clean up. But there are still "traces" for instance teeth often remain log after climate has rendered the bones "palatable" to the clean-up crew.

OTOH I have see many aged skeletons (of critters) on the high desert of eastern Oregon.

Interestingly, in my time as an official historian for our County I ran across an old case from the later 1800's of a case of two deaths that were "unexplainable" at the time and were written off as the work of a "Wildman". The only "forensic" information available was from the reports and the "death certificates" as they were in the day.

Strange all in all, but conclusive of nothing

Kozel
11-25-2012, 13:29

Too bad Bigfoot does not live on your ranch.

Out in the mountains here I saw skeleton of dead deer disappear in about two days. Once most of the flesh is gone skeleton is broken when connecting tissue and cartilage is eaten. Then bones are hidden away and eaten up.

Just because you killed off all bone eating creatures in your area it does not mean that you got them all in the rest of the world.

MELE20C
11-25-2012, 13:31
David Paulides is involved in the DNA project. A retired police officer, he works with other professionals and has a very professional approach to the work. He has written a few books which were quite compelling. As a retired cop myself, this guy doesn`t come across as the typical ``yahoo`` bigfoot hunter and I can`t imagine he would purposely destroy all credibility attached to his name and life`s work. His site is here:

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/home.html

My question is...who`s up-gunning (a new term? lol) to 10mm before their next camping trip? I know it's no match for an 8 foot tall, 500 lb rampaging nightmare but 15 plus 1 of Buffalo Bore 220 grain hardcast flatnose would bring some comfort. BB claims 3 feet of penetration in living tissue!

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=219

I certainly am not advocating the actual shooting of any unknown beasts, I'm just thinking of the psychological comfort afford by a G20 when something goes bump in the night.

mad220860
11-25-2012, 13:34
Why no photos on trail cams or dead ones ever found! Just like aliens!!

Al Czervik
11-25-2012, 13:41
Just because you killed off all bone eating creatures in your area it does not mean that you got them all in the rest of the world.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, right. We only zip coyotes and 'dillos. We leave the cougars, wolves, and all the little vermin alone.

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 13:41
folks you must remember there are tens of thousands of deer in BF territory while there are only a handfull of BF supposedly...skeletal evidence would reflect these same ratios.

Al Czervik
11-25-2012, 13:42

Steve Austin said that bigfeet were aliens.

:dunno:

vart
11-25-2012, 13:43

http://panoramacg.com/tot/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Bigfoot-vermont-trailcam.jpg

http://www.pabucks.com/bigfoot/1012071556a.jpg

vart
11-25-2012, 13:45
The most compelling one of all; obviously Bigfoot has a message for mankind to just "hang loose"...

http://doubtfulnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/clawed-peace-225x300.jpg

Kozel
11-25-2012, 13:55
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, right. We only zip coyotes and 'dillos. We leave the cougars, wolves, and all the little vermin alone.

Uhhh. You do understand that you live in different climate, terrain and few states away from where most bigfoot live?

I have been though your area many times. I can see why bones maybe preserved there. We do not even have rattlers to kill mice. My cat brings them home time to time. Up in the hills there are no cats and coyotes do not seem to like eating them all that much. Plus, nobody messed with porcupines. You do not have any of those down in your area?

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 13:57
Uhhh. You do understand that you live in different climate, terrain and few states away from where most bigfoot live?

youve not kept up with BF research have you?

BF folks says they live in oklahoma, ohio, tennessee, georgia.....far away from the pac nw.

G26S239
11-25-2012, 14:00

Before you know all that is left are teeth and they are scattered around by animals that eat bones. Porcupines also hide bones to eat them later so skeleton is gone even faster then it is eaten

Most of bones found today are from mass extinction events or from animals that fell into bogs and got preserved.

You want to find bones of Bigfoot? Check out nearest Chinese pharmacy. They may have some.

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/hominids/2012/01/did-bigfoot-really-exist-how-gigantopithecus-became-extinct/

I have been in nature a fair amount and have seen the following animals dead
1) rattlesnakes
2) King Snakes
3) Red Fox
4) numerous possums
5) numerous skunks
6) Garter snakes
in addition to that I have seen the following animals alive in nature
1) mother Black bear and two cubs
2) Badger
3) Pronghorn
4) White Tail deer
5) a Moose
6) Alligator lizard
7) Blue Belly lizard
that is off the top of my head.

Dead animals or their skeletons are not as rare of a find as you would like them to be. Of course a Bigfoot/Yeti skeleton has yet to be found. So have the elusive chupacabra and Pegasus skeletons.

Kozel
11-25-2012, 14:05

BF folks says they live in oklahoma, ohio, tennessee, georgia.....far away from the pac nw.

I do not care about those loonies. I know what I have seen uphere.

countrygun
11-25-2012, 14:07

I don't think, at least on my part, that it was any "validation" of the existence of bigfoot, merely pointing out that in the PacNW rainforest (Where "bigfoot sightings"/incidents and whatever originated from, including N Cal) we have critters that make bones disappear. Other areas do not have those critters in the numbers needed.

For instance Porcupines are notorious for eating ANYTHING with salt or trace minerals, they will chew on axe handles, or bones, but they are also tre dwellers living on vegetation not found in other areas. We have a variety of critters not found in other regions, just as they may have Scorpions or Diamondbacks, we have Brown Recluse' and Timber Rattlers. Just that simple.

Kozel
11-25-2012, 14:13
I have been in nature a fair amount and have seen the following animals dead
1) rattlesnakes
2) King Snakes
3) Red Fox
4) numerous possums
5) numerous skunks
6) Garter snakes
in addition to that I have seen the following animals alive in nature
1) mother Black bear and two cubs
2) Badger
3) Pronghorn
4) White Tail deer
5) a Moose
6) Alligator lizard
7) Blue Belly lizard
that is off the top of my head.

Dead animals or their skeletons are not as rare of a find as you would like them to be. Of course a Bigfoot/Yeti skeleton has yet to be found. So have the elusive chupacabra and Pegasus skeletons.

“Bigfoot” bones have been found in Chinese pharmacies in Asia.

From what I know there maybe only half dozen BFs left in this state. Maybe even fewer. I know where two of them live.
It is one thing to find bones of animals that run all over, millions of them. Very different deal when it comes to only few, very powerful and pretty smart creatures that avoid people as much as they can.

TBO
11-25-2012, 14:14
9/11 was a Bigfoot job...

Sent from the capacitor of my Taser using Tapatalk 2

TBO
11-25-2012, 14:16

From what I know there maybe only half dozen BFs left in this state. Maybe even fewer. I know where two of them live.
It is one thing to find bones of animals that run all over, millions of them. Very different deal when it comes to only few, very powerful and pretty smart creatures that avoid people as much as they can.

By your "knowledge", Bigfoot is an inbred retard. :rofl:

oldgraywolf
11-25-2012, 14:18

By your "knowledge", Bigfoot is an inbred retard. :rofl:

Thread winning posts.

Kozel
11-25-2012, 14:19
By your "knowledge", Bigfoot is an inbred retard.

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 14:19
so youre saying the BF researchers who say BF are in those areas outside of the pac nw are lieing?

BTW the BF reserahcers call them other things instead of BF, like the "ohio grassman" and what not....

Kozel
11-25-2012, 14:20
so youre saying the BF researchers who say BF are in those areas outside of the pac nw are lieing?

Maybe they can spell better then you do but … either way. I do not care. I know what I have seen myself.

countrygun
11-25-2012, 14:24

BTW the BF reserahcers call them other things instead of BF, like the "ohio grassman" and what not....

No, but those "Bigfeet" can probably spell "Lying"

:rofl: :tongueout:

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 14:32
oh, cant argue the lack of facts so argue the misspelling....i got it.

G26S239
11-25-2012, 14:32
Maybe they can spell better then you do but … either way. I do not care. I know what I have seen myself.
What exactly have you seen yourself?

In this thread http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451566&page=3 page 3 post #57 you admit to having not seen any such animal.

oldgraywolf
11-25-2012, 14:36
In other wildlife news, loons appear to be extending their range.

G26S239
11-25-2012, 14:38

And just how did you establish that these "Bigfoot" bones in Chinese pharmacies really are Bigfoot bones? Chinese pharmacies make claims about the healing powers of various animal p e n i ses, claws, paws, spleens etc with no scientific testing to verify any of the claims. Is the way such pharmacies label items sufficient proof to you of the veracity of such claims?

countrygun
11-25-2012, 14:39
oh, cant argue the lack of facts so argue the misspelling....i got it.

Now I will pick on your reading and comprehension skills.

Show where I have said that I think Bigfoot exists?

Show where I have said Bigfoot doesn't exist?

All I have said is there were a couple of reported deaths in my area, in the 1800's attributed to a "wildman" that is the truth the reports exist.

I also said that we have animals in the region that devour bones, this is also true. I said other regions do not have those animals, this is also true.

Kozel
11-25-2012, 14:44
What exactly have you seen yourself?

In this thread http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451566&page=3 page 3 post #57 you admit to having not seen any such animal.

I have seen footprints, droppings. I have heard some very large creature scream at me, knock on trees ……. Very short distance away. One friend whom I would trust with my life and who did not know about existence of any kind of Bigfoot saw one behind my back. Another friend whom I would trust with my life saw one twice and together we were sitting there listening to some creature making blood chilling screams and knocking on trees very close.

Yeah. I did not actually see one in person but you tell me what animal can pick up large stick and hit the tree, throw a rock…. All that from just few feet away and up in the wilderness, at night, one dead end road going in and we are he only humans on it.

HollowHead
11-25-2012, 14:44

Agreed. I've been using the same moose skeleton as a wilderness waypoint for years and he's affectionately known Bullwinkle by many hunters and hikers. HH

Dubble-Tapper
11-25-2012, 14:46
Sounds reasonable.

I know the first impression I get when I hear about "bigfoot researchers" is a couple of DeVry drop outs who live in an RV...

I'm sure there are some respectable bigfoot researchers out there; I met Grover Krantz and he was a typical college professor...

from your posts, it seems you might be active in the 'BF community'. have you heard of a man named jeff lemley?

Kozel
11-25-2012, 14:46
And just how did you establish that these "Bigfoot" bones in Chinese pharmacies really are Bigfoot bones? Chinese pharmacies make claims about the healing powers of various animal p e n i ses, claws, paws, spleens etc with no scientific testing to verify any of the claims. Is the way such pharmacies label items sufficient proof to you of the veracity of such claims?

Is it that hard to click on the link and read it? Some scientists found bones in Chinese pharmacies.

ocjackel
11-25-2012, 14:53

So I guess in your area nobody every finds any bones of any animal type? Or is it that Bigfoots' bones are just so tasty that other critters instantly consume them as soon as they hit the ground?

The reality is that when serious, legitamate scientists try to find rare animals, they find them. And they bring back actual samples of these animals (living and skeletal).

I'll believe it as soon as I read that the San Diego Zoo has completed their new Bigfoot Exibit.

TBO
11-25-2012, 14:55
Gold :popcorn:

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

Kozel
11-25-2012, 15:06
So I guess in your area nobody every finds any bones of any animal type? Or is it that Bigfoots' bones are just so tasty that other critters instantly consume them as soon as they hit the ground?

You are not doing much good for naysayers cause by proving that you cannot read all that well.

It is one thing to find remains that are not consumed yet of an animal which there are millions of running around. It is totally different to find remains of a large predator of which there are only couple left in vast area.

Let’s just say I know somebody who shot large predator. (Not necessarily a BF) That predator clearly took a hit and took off running. Where do you think he will run too? Most remote area he knows where he can hide. He can run for miles before he is down too.

Dubble-Tapper
11-25-2012, 15:10
im not convinced of the existence/non-existence, but its interesting to note that for at least around 4-500 years people have been reporting similar encounters. Native Americans, Early settlers, pioneers, hunters/trappers, lawmen, business men, lawyers, etc., people from all walks of life and time periods reporting a similar creature with similar behaviors/traits. The same animal !(whatever you wish to call it). Are people seeing this thing or are have all the indians/crazies/liars/opportunists been jumping on an Ape Man bull **** bandwagon for the last 400 years?

G26S239
11-25-2012, 15:15
I have seen footprints, droppings. I have heard some very large creature scream at me, knock on trees ……. Very short distance away. One friend whom I would trust with my life and who did not know about existence of any kind of Bigfoot saw one behind my back. Another friend whom I would trust with my life saw one twice and together we were sitting there listening to some creature making blood chilling screams and knocking on trees very close.

Yeah. I did not actually see one in person but you tell me what animal can pick up large stick and hit the tree, throw a rock…. All that from just few feet away and up in the wilderness, at night, one dead end road going in and we are he only humans on it.People are pretty adept at picking up large sticks and hitting trees if they set their mind to it. People are also pretty good at playing pranks on gullible victims when it seems like a good idea. Have you ever heard of a Polish Come A Long? A Snipe Hunt? Cow Tipping? A tv show called Scare Tactics? Candid Camera?

Is it that hard to click on the link and read it? Some scientists found bones in Chinese pharmacies.That link discusses teeth and jaw bones of an ape(?) tentatively dubbed Gigantopithecus that is presumed to have gone extinct 300,000 years ago. Those teeth and jawbones are a continent away and 300 millennia removed from the continent and time that you wish to place them at. Furthermore the fact that all those bones were found there but no such more recent bones found in the Pacific NW argue against your own supposition that the reason no Bigfoot skeleton was found is because other animals ran off with the BF bones. If bones of Gigantopithecus are right on the surface to be harvested by Chinese pharmacies 300,000 years after they died out why is it so damned impossible for even one usable partial set of BF bones from the last 300 years to be found?

Kozel
11-25-2012, 15:17
People are pretty adept at picking up large sticks and hitting trees if they set there mind to it. People are also pretty good at playing pranks on gullible

How many of them will keep doing that when they can see FAL and AR-10 pointed at them from very short distance away. You try that.

Roadless wilderness on one side, impassible ridge on the other side. One road going in and we drove on that road, saw no other humans or vehicles, at about 2 am, in complete darkness, thick brush, many miles away from nearest paved road…… Sure…. Must be pranksters.

Al Czervik
11-25-2012, 15:21

I have been though your area many times. I can see why bones maybe preserved there. We do not even have rattlers to kill mice. My cat brings them home time to time. Up in the hills there are no cats and coyotes do not seem to like eating them all that much. Plus, nobody messed with porcupines. You do not have any of those down in your area?

We have plenty of porcupines. BTW, where I live (in the mountain west), BFRO reports sightings. Where my ranch is located, on the western plains, near a large river and forested with big trees, also gets reports from BFRO.

countrygun
11-25-2012, 15:22
im not convinced of the existence/non-existence, but its interesting to note that for at least around 4-500 years people have been reporting similar encounters. Native Americans, Early settlers, pioneers, hunters/trappers, lawmen, business men, lawyers, etc., people from all walks of life and time periods reporting a similar creature with similar behaviors/traits. The same animal !(whatever you wish to call it). Are people seeing this thing or are have all the indians/crazies/liars/opportunists been jumping on an Ape Man bull **** bandwagon for the last 400 years?

A couple of curious notes on this.

How many continents currently have living primates and how many have evidence of ancient primates? Where are the North American primates?

I found that almost every "myth" in man's history has some kernel of truth behind it. when the European settlers came in contact with the Indians of the plains those indians told them of a creature, slightly similar to the Bison but yet distinctly different that existed to the north. The description was very VERY similar to what we know today as the 'mammoth". Some of the older Indians claimed to have seen and even killed them. Whether they actually did or not, were those "cultural memories" passed down? Certainly, to decribe the animal someone must have seen it at sometime so where does this leave the legends of Sasquatch which, after all, came from the Indians as well?

I am not taking sides on the existence today, but I am willing to believe that a large primatte may have existed, or perhaps one of the "proto-humans" that dead-ended on a lost branch of the family tree, once existed and a cultural memory existed.

HollowHead
11-25-2012, 15:29
How many of them will keep doing that when they can see FAL and AR-10 pointed at them from very short distance away. You try that.

Do you make it a habit of pointing firearms at unknown targets? HH

Dubble-Tapper
11-25-2012, 15:31
A couple of curious notes on this.

How many continents currently have living primates and how many have evidence of ancient primates? Where are the North American primates?

I found that almost every "myth" in man's history has some kernel of truth behind it. when the European settlers came in contact with the Indians of the plains those indians told them of a creature, slightly similar to the Bison but yet distinctly different that existed to the north. The description was very VERY similar to what we know today as the 'mammoth". Some of the older Indians claimed to have seen and even killed them. Whether they actually did or not, were those "cultural memories" passed down? Certainly, to decribe the animal someone must have seen it at sometime so where does this leave the legends of Sasquatch which, after all, came from the Indians as well?

I am not taking sides on the existence today, but I am willing to believe that a large primatte may have existed, or perhaps one of the "proto-humans" that dead-ended on a lost branch of the family tree, once existed and a cultural memory existed.

interesting post. especially when you think of other ancient human lore such as dragons, werewolves, and other crypto-zoo subjects.

4949shooter
11-25-2012, 15:32

:rofl:

ocjackel
11-25-2012, 15:33
You are not doing much good for naysayers cause by proving that you cannot read all that well.

It is one thing to find remains that are not consumed yet of an animal which there are millions of running around. It is totally different to find remains of a large predator of which there are only couple left in vast area.

Let’s just say I know somebody who shot large predator. (Not necessarily a BF) That predator clearly took a hit and took off running. Where to you think he will run too? Most remote area he knows where he can hide. He can run for miles before he is down too.

Sorry, if Big Foot existed, remains or a living specimen would have been found a long time ago.

Here's an example of a rare large cat found in Russia.

http://www.wcs.org/news-and-features-main/rare-cat-captured.aspx

They found this rare cat in area that is significantly larger than bigfoots alleged 'range'. They think there are only between 25 and 40 of these cats left.

This is just one example of when legitimate researchers try to find extremely rare animals, they find them.

You just have to follow the money when it comes to these bigfoot reality shows, 'researchers', and the like. The real money for these guys is in never actually finding bigfoot. It's like a soap opera. Just keep teasing and never actually have any resolution. That way the money train keeps rolling.

The rest is just PT Barnum.

Dubble-Tapper
11-25-2012, 15:34

Stay classy san diego

vart
11-25-2012, 15:36
from your posts, it seems you might be active in the 'BF community'. have you heard of a man named jeff lemley?

I am not active at all; I just grew up in the Northwest and knew honorable men who were sure of what they saw. I also had a strange encounter years ago.

I've tried to peruse most of the more "normal" bigfoot sites and watch all of the specials on TV.

Most of it is sketchy and a lot of it is hoaxed, but there are some kernels of real evidence and sightings that have me convinced of Bigfoot's existence.

Kozel
11-25-2012, 15:37
We have plenty of porcupines. BTW, where I live (in the mountain west), BFRO reports sightings. Where my ranch is located, on the western plains, near a large river and forested with big trees, also gets reports from BFRO.

Oh sure. Another “I cannot read” naysayer guy….

Now many times do I have to say that I could not care less about “other areas”, BFROs, flying and crawling chupacabras and shape shifting aliens.

I know what I know in area where I live. There are few of them around here and no rancher from thousands of miles away will convince me otherwise not do I care to convince him to change his mind.

And yes, I have seen animal skeletons disappear in no time here too.

Dubble-Tapper
11-25-2012, 15:44
I am not active at all; I just grew up in the Northwest and knew honorable men who were sure of what they saw. I also had a strange encounter years ago.

I've tried to peruse most of the more "normal" bigfoot sites and watch all of the specials on TV.

Most of it is sketchy and a lot of it is hoaxed, but there are some kernels of real evidence and sightings that have me convinced of Bigfoot's existence.

ok sorry for the assumption. I live in Southern WA and have a friend whom i met through another friend. He is active and respected in the BFRO community. Definitely an intelligent man, not a loony. He's seen all the usual "evidence" such as impressions, clumps of unknown hair, heard all the calls, thumps, etc. He still will not commit to a stance until he sees conclusive evidence. A true scientist. Not one of the "theres a squatch in these here woods" type guy. He was on TV for one of those BF documentaries. It was about the 'Skookum Man mud wallows' in WA state. interesting stuff.

G26S239
11-25-2012, 15:45

Roadless wilderness on one side, impassible ridge on the other side. One road going in and we drove on that road, saw no other humans or vehicles, at about 2 am, in complete darkness, thick brush, many miles away from nearest paved road…… Sure…. Must be pranksters.

.So now it turns out you were armed but didn't shoot. :upeyes: You saw no other humans so of course there must not have been any other humans there. You saw no animals therefore it must have been Bigfoot. And in complete darkness people would have seen your fearsome weapons and ceased the prank. The fact that you were there establishes that humans can get there and have been there.
Here are some notorious pranks you may have heard of.
1) the Nessie submarine http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/photo_database/image/the_surgeons_photo/
2) Piltdown Man http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piltdown_Man
3) Crop circles http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/archive/display/category/crop_circles

Kozel
11-25-2012, 15:47
Sorry, if Big Foot existed, remains or a living specimen would have been found a long time ago.

You are so desperate you have to drag a dead cat from Russia of all places to prove your point?

TBO
11-25-2012, 15:48
"Wood knocks"...

Around here woodpeckers aren't a cause of hysteria.

ymmv

countrygun
11-25-2012, 15:51

http://www.wcs.org/news-and-features-main/rare-cat-captured.aspx

They found this rare cat in area that is significantly larger than bigfoots alleged 'range'. They think there are only between 25 and 40 of these cats left.

This is just one example of when legitimate researchers try to find extremely rare animals, they find them.

You just have to follow the money when it comes to these bigfoot reality shows, 'researchers', and the like. The real money for these guys is in never actually finding bigfoot. It's like a soap opera. Just keep teasing and never actually have any resolution. That way the money train keeps rolling.

The rest is just PT Barnum.

So then, if they hadn't found the remains the cats wouldn't exist?

Kozel
11-25-2012, 15:52
So now it turns out you were armed but didn't shoot.

I wish I could tell you “The rest of the story” … (in Paul Harvey voice). But I cannot.

Some things that happened way the heck up in the woods are better of staying up there.

Al Czervik
11-25-2012, 15:54
Oh sure. Another “I cannot read” naysayer guy….

Now many times do I have to say that I could not care less about “other areas”, BFROs, flying and crawling chupacabras and shape shifting aliens.

I know what I know in area where I live. There are few of them around here and no rancher from thousands of miles away will convince me otherwise not do I care to convince him to change his mind.

And yes, I have seen animal skeletons disappear in no time here too.

I wouldn't call myself a rancher, but feel free. You do know that BFRO is a "bigfeet research group," right?
I lived in the PNW for a few years and hiked, fished and explored much of WA, OR, ID MT, BC, and Alberta. The scariest thing I ever saw was a moose poking his nose in my tent.
Maybe the bigfeet knew da powah of the 10mm and stayed away.

HollowHead
11-25-2012, 15:56

Yes. Unless of course, they already had a live specimen. HH

Kozel
11-25-2012, 15:58
"Wood knocks"...

Around here woodpeckers aren't a cause of hysteria.

Some people do not know that woodpeckers sleep at night. Some people cannot even tell sound of woodpecker from sound of large piece of wood hit against the tree short distance away.

TBO
11-25-2012, 16:00
Amazing how a sound is heard, ("wood knock"), nothing seen, so of course it must have been Bigfoot. Nothing else in the woods.

Kozel
11-25-2012, 16:03
You do know that BFRO is a "bigfeet research group," right?

What is it to me? There maybe a group researching sightings of witches flying on brooms. After I told you few times that I could not care less about what some “others”, “out there” think you keep bringing up anyway. I do not care about “them”. I know what I know.

vart
11-25-2012, 16:03
My response to those who point out the lack of skeletal remains and that other animals have been found that are apparently more rare than bigfoot is that bigfoot is apparently closer in relation to humans than apes.

From the vocalizations, the signalling via tree knocks, and eye witness behavior to the DNA results all point to a very intelligent hominid that generally avoids contact with humans.

To use the same standards of behavior of bear, elk, or moose and apply it to a creature like bigfoot is poor analytical practice.

If bigfoots bury their dead, like most humans, then that would help explain the lack of skeletal remains. Combined with the hypothesis that there is a rather low population, they stay in remote areas, and are apparently tough to kill, then it could help explain the lack of remains.

Now, if you apply the logic that since deer, elk, and moose skeletal remains are plentiful, then there should be bigfoot remains, have you considered that you are applying that logic to species of which there are hundreds of thousands of in the woods, that don't bury their young, and which die quite easily from contact with cars, hunters, and even the elements?

Kozel
11-25-2012, 16:09
Amazing how a sound is heard, ("wood knock"), nothing seen, so of course it must have been Bigfoot. Nothing else in the woods.

Amazing how clowns want to be taken seriously instead of reality of what I have seen. Clowns pick one thing “wood knocks” and run about with it as if it is the centerpiece of their lives.

Yeah, I will take you clown’s opinion under consideration. I surely will….. I promise….. for sure.

vart
11-25-2012, 16:13

I know of no other animal in the woods that can pick up a large diameter branch and swing it against a tree trunk in quick, succesive fashion.

Do you?

Since I know your answer will be man, of course, I will concede that I am sure there have been cases in which wood knocks were simply pranksters.

On the show Search for Bigfoot, they go to small towns in remote areas and announce to everyone that they will be searching for Bigfoot and when and what area. I think most of what they hear in the woods are local good ol' boys messing with them.

However, when people are in a remote area and hear a large branch being hit against a tree two or three times in a row at 2am, that is something entirely different.

HollowHead
11-25-2012, 16:14
My response to those who point out the lack of skeletal remains and that other animals have been found that are apparently more rare than bigfoot is that bigfoot is apparently closer in relation to humans than apes.

From the vocalizations, the signalling via tree knocks, and eye witness behavior to the DNA results all point to a very intelligent hominid that generally avoids contact with humans.

To use the same standards of behavior of bear, elk, or moose and apply it to a creature like bigfoot is poor analytical practice.

If bigfoots bury their dead, like most humans, then that would help explain the lack of skeletal remains. Combined with the hypothesis that there is a rather low population, they stay in remote areas, and are apparently tough to kill, then it could help explain the lack of remains.

Now, if you apply the logic that since deer, elk, and moose skeletal remains are plentiful, then there should be bigfoot remains, have you considered that you are applying that logic to species of which there are hundreds of thousands of in the woods, that don't bury their young, and which die quite easily from contact with cars, hunters, and even the elements?

Every hominid since the dawn of time has adorned their burial places, making them rather easy to find even thousands of years later. Where are the mounds? plinths? monoliths? circle of stones? HH

TBO
11-25-2012, 16:18
The source of the sound is never seen.
Who say's it wood on wood?

Kozel
11-25-2012, 16:21
Every hominid since the dawn of time has adorned their burial places,

Really? How many hominids ate their own dead relatives? How many broke their bones and sucked bone marrow out of it?
I am not saying that BF does it. I would not know that but your point is a joke.

You really expect some oversized monkeys to erect mausoleums for each other?

Kozel
11-25-2012, 16:23
The source of the sound is never seen.

It sounds about the same as clown’s head against the wood. You would know.

TBO
11-25-2012, 16:26
What does a bear paw slapping wood sound like?

HollowHead
11-25-2012, 16:28
The fat lady is not only singing, she's screaming at the top of her lungs. HH

ocjackel
You are so desperate you have to drag a dead cat from Russia of all places to prove your point?

Just trying to point out how ridiculous the notion is that a large primate can exist in North America with not a single real piece of evidence (Chinese pharmacists not withstanding).

t4terrific

Sounds stupid.

Cow bones lay around for years unless somebody gets rid of them. A bigfoot would be the same.

Walking through the woods will lead to finding bones of some kind every time.

Gregg702
11-25-2012, 16:29
Ah, it is Kozel, GT's resident Bigfeet expert. He knows how many still exist in the wild just from a sound he heard, and no lack of actual evidence will make him think different.

4949shooter
11-25-2012, 16:30
Sounds stupid.

Cow bones lay around for years unless somebody gets rid of them. A bigfoot would be the same.

I have found deer skulls that have been out in the woods for years.

Gregg702
Sounds stupid.

But those bones aren't delicious Bigfeet bones.

G26S239
No but since no remains have been found the burden of proof for the existence of Bigfoot has not been met. The fact that old stories exist does not prove the existence of bigfoot anymore than stories prove the existence of Pegasus or that Noah lived 804 years.

The idea that there is and was a breeding population of Bigfoot in the Pacific NW and that 1000s of people have been using various types of technology actively trying to find one of these critters since the late 1960s and no remains or living creature has yet been found makes their existence seem highly unlikely.

None of these animals has ever been found dead as a result of
1) disease
2) flood
3) motor vehicle strike
4) errant bullets
5) falls
6) rock falling on them
7) rattlesnake bite
8) losing a fight with a Grizzly
9) Mt St Helens eruption
10) having an old rotted tree fall on them
or any other possible cause beyond their control. Smilidon, Short Face bear and Dire Wolf remains have been found from 10s of 1000s of years ago but not a single Bigfoot bone from much more recent times has been found. The burden of proof is on the believers.

Kozel
11-25-2012, 16:32
Just trying to point out how ridiculous the notion is that a large primate can exist in North America with not a single real piece of evidence (Chinese pharmacists not withstanding).

Oh great. Another clown trying to convince me that what I know is not real.
I must say, you clowns are sure doing good job! You make me laugh.
Thank you!

countrygun
11-25-2012, 16:32
Sounds stupid.

I will again say "not that long around here". Not saying that it is proof Bigfoot exists, but bones DO NOT lay around for years in this environment.

AK_Stick
11-25-2012, 16:33
I wish I could tell you “The rest of the story” … (in Paul Harvey voice). But I cannot.

Some things that happened way the heck up in the woods are better of staying up there.

So ya'll are up there on a Brokeback Mountain quest, and expect the world to beleive that you saw a squatch? :rofl:

that said, your argument, hold absolutely no water. If BF were real, they would have to sustain a large breeding population to not become massively inbred in the thousands of years we've been on this earth. There would be skeletal remains found, along with actual sightings.

So far, we've never seen a picture of BF, we've never found a single remain, and none of them have ever been shot by hunters/hit by vehicles/seen by anything but a grainy, staged photo.

Minnow
11-25-2012, 16:36
The Oxford University study is now in the publication phase.

So we are to believe that results of Ketchum's study were "leaked" at that same time and her results will spectacular. But, we will need to keep waiting.

countrygun
11-25-2012, 16:39
No but since no remains have been found the burden of proof for the existence of Bigfoot has not been met. The fact that old stories exist does not prove the existence of bigfoot anymore than stories prove the existence of Pegasus or that Noah lived 804 years.

The idea that there is and was a breeding population of Bigfoot in the Pacific NW and that 1000s of people have been using various types of technology actively trying to find one of these critters since the late 1960s and no remains or living creature has yet been found makes their existence seem highly unlikely.

1) disease
2) flood
3) motor vehicle strike
4) errant bullets
5) falls
6) rock falling on them
7) rattlesnake bite
9) Mt St Helens eruption
or any other possible cause beyond their control. Smilidon, Short Face bear and Dire Wolf remains have been found from 10s of 1000s of years ago but not a single Bigfoot bone from much more recent times has been found. The burden of proof is on the believers.

No doubt but in the example referred to the cats were not thought to exist until one was found.

Many things have not been thought to exist UNTIL one was found.

I am a sceptic about ole' 'Squatch myself but I have had a couple of strange, daytime things come to my attention and I do know one reliable person who has claimed a "sighting" BUT I have reason to believe they may have been "hoaxed" for a specific purpose.

G26S239
11-25-2012, 16:40

Now, if you apply the logic that since deer, elk, and moose skeletal remains are plentiful, then there should be bigfoot remains, have you considered that you are applying that logic to species of which there are hundreds of thousands of in the woods, that don't bury their young, and which die quite easily from contact with cars, hunters, and even the elements?Rather than write it twice.

1) disease
2) flood
3) motor vehicle strike
4) errant bullets
5) falls
6) rock falling on them
7) rattlesnake bite
9) Mt St Helens eruption

HollowHead
11-25-2012, 16:45

Oh, we don't doubt that you experienced something dark, hairy and with a foul odor. HH

vart
11-25-2012, 17:11

I don't like the direction this thread is headed...:shocked: :rofl:

G26S239
11-25-2012, 17:19
No doubt but in the example referred to the cats were not thought to exist until one was found.

Many things have not been thought to exist UNTIL one was found.

I am a sceptic about ole' 'Squatch myself but I have had a couple of strange, daytime things come to my attention and I do know one reliable person who has claimed a "sighting" BUT I have reason to believe they may have been "hoaxed" for a specific purpose.
True and if it turns out that I am wrong about this I will freely admit being wrong. OTOH when the gorilla was proven to really exist to the European scientific community it was because Thomas Savage recognized what a gorilla skull was and that skull was already in the possession of another missionary. It was not a case of no bones being available for examination. It was a case of people having the bones but not realizing what they were.

Likewise the Africans had caught other Ceolacanths prior to Marjorie Latimer first saw and recognized it for what is was and how significant the discovery of a living specimen was.

It was not even 20 years between the time Stanley reported the existence of the Okapi and the first carcass was brought back to London.

I use these examples because they are large animals, like a Bigfoot would be, and the depths of the Indian Ocean in the 1930s, where the Ceolacanth was found, and the African forests and Congo of the 19th century, where the Gorilla and Okapi were found, were considerably more remote than the modern Pacific Northwest is and the technology available to search out Bigfoot is considerably more advanced.

G26S239
11-25-2012, 17:25

Oh, we don't doubt that you experienced something dark, hairy and with a foul odor. HH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

ArtificialGrape
11-25-2012, 17:29
Would any of the bigfoot believers care to speculate how many years ago bigfoot branched from either a hominid or non-hominid primate line? Restated, how many years back must we go to find a common ancestor?

Homo sapiens arrived in North America 20,000-15,000 years ago.

-ArtificialGrape

janice6
11-25-2012, 17:36
:rofl:If you want to catch a Hybrid Human, start swabbing welfare cards.

Dragoon44
11-25-2012, 17:40

1) disease
2) flood
3) motor vehicle strike
4) errant bullets
5) falls
6) rock falling on them
7) rattlesnake bite
9) Mt St Helens eruption

You don't understand Bigfoot is descended from Asian Shaolin Bigfoot thus,

Looked for he cannot be seen,
Felt for he cannot be touched,
Listened for He screams and knocks on wood.

Only when they can snatch the tasty animal bones from their masters paw is the grasshopper ready to live in the woods alone.

:supergrin:

HollowHead
11-25-2012, 17:51

Only when they can snatch the tasty animal bones from their masters paw is the grasshopper ready to live in the woods alone.

Heed the words of Dragoon44 as he himself was present when sea creatures first learned to breathe air. HH

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 20:24
this thread is still going? LOL

G26S239
11-25-2012, 20:34

I stand corrected. :rofl:

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 20:53
maybe because of their elusive nature, i mean we use sophisticated equipment and cant find them at all yet some folks see one by chance but never have a quality camera.....just maybe these big feets are extra terrestrials.....they beam down....run around and bang on trees, throw rocks, howl.......then beam back up. that would explain the absolute absence of finding evidence of a dead one.

anybody think they could be akin to Chewbacha?

Foxtrotx1
11-25-2012, 21:04
Look I have proof big foot does not exist. (beyond the insurmountable biological proof)

PETA protects animals right?

If big foot existed, PETA would be all over it.

I see no PETA women slathered in blood claiming bigfoot will be enslaved.

Thus, big foot does not exist.

HollowHead
11-25-2012, 21:06
So ya'll are up there on a Brokeback Mountain quest, and expect the world to beleive that you saw a squatch? :rofl:

Kozel did state there was "wood hitting wood." HH

nmk
11-25-2012, 21:27
Some myths are more amusing than others.

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 21:36
monday night football is a wash.....switched to finding bigfoot now....they say they live in Virginia now too.

Bobo is such a goof.

countrygun
11-25-2012, 21:38
monday night football is a wash.....switched to finding bigfoot now....they say they live in Virginia now too.

"Monday night football"???

OHHHHKAAAYYY

No problem

:whistling:

Uhmm. You are referring to your plans for tomorrow....aren't you???

Kozel
11-25-2012, 21:42
Kozel did state there was "wood hitting wood." HH

I was talking about your hollow head.

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 21:46
i meant sunday night fooz-ball.

BF folks are talking about how some "scientists" have been looking for BF for over 20 years and have no proof, but the folks (with rifles) out hunting in day light see them every year through out the U.S.

its almost comical....actually it is.

NeverMore1701
11-25-2012, 21:48
Here's photographic evidence:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/jbabbler/B1115A15-F73B-4299-8BCA-CD685B62CCF2-3924-0000031759579F35.jpg

Apparently it's smart enough to steal and use tablet computers....

Tango 1Zero
11-25-2012, 21:49
awesome!

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 21:50
theyre using "bait piles"....donuts!!!! no deer cams but infrared powder on the ground to track with flashlights.....

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 21:52
these guys are geniuses.....they get paid bank to do this hoax t.v.

Bobo is howling now to attrack another BF....i cant take it .

NeverMore1701
11-25-2012, 21:53
theyre using "bait piles"....donuts!!!! no deer cams but infrared powder on the ground to track with flashlights.....

Only large semi-humans they'll attract that way is cops....

cowboywannabe
11-25-2012, 22:00
high knob virginia, where is that? BF searchers say there are BF there.

they say there are dumpster diving BF in central oklahoma.

theyve spread from the pac nw to the east coast and injun territory but nobody has proof of one other than third hand hearsay....

NeverMore1701
11-25-2012, 22:32
high knob virginia, where is that? BF searchers say there are BF there.

they say there are dumpster diving BF in central oklahoma.

theyve spread from the pac nw to the east coast and injun territory but nobody has proof of one other than third hand hearsay....

Except Kozel, he knows!

Magnus2131
11-26-2012, 00:50
Here's photographic evidence:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/jbabbler/B1115A15-F73B-4299-8BCA-CD685B62CCF2-3924-0000031759579F35.jpg

Apparently it's smart enough to steal and use tablet computers....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Originalsin
11-26-2012, 03:01

I respectfully disagree, at least with the part of your post that I've bolded. You can go a bit further than merely matching sequences to known ones. Given a good, undegraded sample, I see no reason that, say, the entire mitochondrial DNA sequence of your unknown tissue could not be obtained. This has been done even for species that are now extinct (e.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/NC_011137.1) Having been obtained, your unknown sequence could then be easily compared to existing species in the NCBI database using the BLAST algorithm, and a phylogenetic tree then constructed to give clues as to what type of creature the sample is from. Basically, they have comparable sequences ranging from sponges to humans; if a sample came from a presumably hominid creature such as bigfoot is reputed to be, it would certainly fall somewhere within that range. Further, if I may be simplistic, your sequence would pretty much have to be on the same branch of the tree as humans and the great apes.

From a brief skim of this topic a month or so ago, I doubt very much that the researchers have the real thing. If there is a real thing out there. But if they do have a genuine sample that is from some undiscovered hominid, then DNA sequence comparison with related species should show at least that much, i.e. that it is from some previously unknown hominid.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Originalsin.

TBO
11-26-2012, 07:18
I respectfully disagree, at least with the part of your post that I've bolded. You can go a bit further than merely matching sequences to known ones. Given a good, undegraded sample, I see no reason that, say, the entire mitochondrial DNA sequence of your unknown tissue could not be obtained. This has been done even for species that are now extinct (e.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/NC_011137.1) Having been obtained, your unknown sequence could then be easily compared to existing species in the NCBI database using the BLAST algorithm, and a phylogenetic tree then constructed to give clues as to what type of creature the sample is from. Basically, they have comparable sequences ranging from sponges to humans; if a sample came from a presumably hominid creature such as bigfoot is reputed to be, it would certainly fall somewhere within that range. Further, if I may be simplistic, your sequence would pretty much have to be on the same branch of the tree as humans and the great apes.

From a brief skim of this topic a month or so ago, I doubt very much that the researchers have the real thing. If there is a real thing out there. But if they do have a genuine sample that is from some undiscovered hominid, then DNA sequence comparison with related species should show at least that much, i.e. that it is from some previously unknown hominid.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Originalsin.

Does anyone have a link to the sound of a "Wood knock" so I'll know what to listen for when I'm out in the woods?

devildog2067
11-26-2012, 07:35
You can go a bit further than merely matching sequences to known ones. Given a good, undegraded sample, I see no reason that, say, the entire mitochondrial DNA sequence of your unknown tissue could not be obtained.

Yup. What would you then do with it?

Having been obtained, your unknown sequence could then be easily compared to existing species in the NCBI database using the BLAST algorithm, and a phylogenetic tree then constructed to give clues as to what type of creature the sample is from.

In other words, you would then compare the sequence against other known sequences.

Dubble-Tapper
11-26-2012, 11:16
Does anyone have a link to the sound of a "Wood knock" so I'll know what to listen for when I'm out in the woods?

go contribute nothing somewhere else.

at least add a constructive argument. :dunno:

devildog2067
11-26-2012, 11:28
go contribute nothing somewhere else.

at least add a constructive argument. :dunno:

TBO must have missed the memo where you were appointed boss of the internet.

TBO
11-26-2012, 11:38
Wood Knocking Heard and Tracks Found - YouTube

Dubble-Tapper
11-26-2012, 12:17
TBO must have missed the memo where you were appointed boss of the internet.

i guess. it was more of a joke, but the post whoring gets old. i mean, if someone posts an interesting thread to discuss a cool topic, why come in and **** all over it and make fun? one or two post jokes are fine, i do it all the time. but to post the same dumb joke over and over just to make a guy look stupid? just seems kinda d-baggish and childish, and id expect a man of the law to be above it. it doesnt take a physicist to see that one. if the guy says he saw bigfoot, who the hell cares? you dont have to belittle the dude for it.

devildog2067
11-26-2012, 12:20
if someone posts an interesting thread to discuss a cool topic, why come in and **** all over it and make fun?

...because he thinks it's funny?

I didn't get (or read) the joke, but I assume TBO posted it because he thought it was funny. I can't imagine any other reason.

vart
11-26-2012, 12:22
if the guy says he saw bigfoot, who the hell cares? you dont have to belittle the dude for it.

This is GT; you can belittle anyone for any little thing you don't agree with them about.

BTW; I don't like that you are from the middle of Washington. Only Eastern-Washington folks can be trusted... :tongueout:

Dubble-Tapper
11-26-2012, 12:24
Yup. What would you then do with it?

In other words, you would then compare the sequence against other known sequences.

while you would have no know species to compare it to, would it be reasonable to expect that one could compare to sequences of known primate species? wouldnt it narrow things down a bit, since, you know, there are no primates known to be living in North America?

devildog2067
11-26-2012, 12:26
while you would have no know species to compare it to, would it be reasonable to expect that one could compare to sequences of known primate species?

Yep. You absolutely could.

Which is "comparing against known sequences."

Which is what I said.

I don't get the disconnect here.

wouldnt it narrow things down a bit, since, you know, there are no primates known to be living in North America?

Except for, you know, us.

Dubble-Tapper
11-26-2012, 12:27
This is GT; you can belittle anyone for any little thing you don't agree with them about.

BTW; I don't like that you are from the middle of Washington. Only Eastern-Washington folks can be trusted... :tongueout:

yeah i forgot about that.

THIS IS GT!!! *kick dubble-tapper down well*

yeah, south central WA. i stay away from places like Spokompton. The Gorge is the best part of WA!!!

Tongo
11-26-2012, 12:32
yeah i forgot about that.

THIS IS GT!!! *kick dubble-tapper down well*

yeah, south central WA. i stay away from places like Spokompton. The Gorge is the best part of WA!!!

Lies!! East Wenatchee is best Wenatchee, and the best part of the state :tongueout:

TBO
11-26-2012, 12:42
D-Tapper,

Take a look back, I haven't belittled anyone for "seeing Bigfoot".
The science behind "wood knocks"? Yup, I've got questions, received some answers.

Dubble-Tapper
11-26-2012, 12:45
Except for, you know, us.

yeah, humans, im sure we can recognize that one by now. shouldnt be too hard to rule that one out huh? now that there are no other known primates in NA, that narrows it down a bit doesnt it?

Yep. You absolutely could.

Which is "comparing against known sequences."

Which is what I said.

I don't get the disconnect here.

just a page back you posted it doesnt work that way. not many conclusions could be drawn from 'reading dna', then originalsin disagreed.

i guess i just wanted you to respond as to clarify this. it just kinda sounded like you were making the point that if this genetic sample is authentic, it still means nothing because we have no known species to compare it to.

devildog2067
11-26-2012, 12:51
just a page back you posted it doesnt work that way. not many conclusions could be drawn from 'reading dna', then originalsin disagreed.

If I pick up a blueprint I've never seen before, I can "read" it for a couple of minutes and then tell you what kind of building it would be if you built it.

DNA doesn't work that way. You can't look at a DNA sequence and just "tell" what kind of organism it's from. All you can do is compare bits of it against other known sequences from other organisms.

Yes, there's a lot that can be learned that way, but the fact (if it is indeed true) that some of the DNA can't be matched to a known sequence is not proof that it's Sasquatch DNA.

Dubble-Tapper
11-26-2012, 12:59
If I pick up a blueprint I've never seen before, I can "read" it for a couple of minutes and then tell you what kind of building it would be if you built it.

DNA doesn't work that way. You can't look at a DNA sequence and just "tell" what kind of organism it's from. All you can do is compare bits of it against other known sequences from other organisms.

Yes, there's a lot that can be learned that way, but the fact (if it is indeed true) that some of the DNA can't be matched to a known sequence is not proof that it's Sasquatch DNA.

i understand. do you think there are recognizable traits that could definitively ID the sequence as being from a primate?

that would at least allow for 3 slightly logical scenarios.

1.) the hair was planted and found. it is from a known primate species and someone pulled a fast one. (in which case, couldnt we ID the hair if it was from a chimp or gorilla?)

2.) there is an undiscovered primate living in NA

3.) a loose zoo animal leaving behind DNA :rofl: (in which case the DNA would be identified)

Dubble-Tapper
11-26-2012, 13:03
secondly, why wouldnt the team distribute the samples to several reputable, non-biased research Universities as to have definitive proof this sample is authentic?

oldgraywolf
11-26-2012, 13:09
secondly, why wouldnt the team distribute the samples to several reputable, non-biased research Universities as to have definitive proof this sample is authentic?

Because the myth might be killed.

czsmithGT
11-26-2012, 13:14
Looks like that vet Dr. Ketchum has been spending too much time chasing Bigfoot and not enough time tending to her paying customers?

http://www.ripoffreport.com/dna-diagnostics-inc/animal-services/dna-diagnostics-inc-shelterwo-5d1ea.htm

nmk
11-26-2012, 14:35
Looks like that vet Dr. Ketchum has been spending too much time chasing Bigfoot and not enough time tending to her paying customers?

http://www.ripoffreport.com/dna-diagnostics-inc/animal-services/dna-diagnostics-inc-shelterwo-5d1ea.htm

Obviously written by bigfoot to destroy Dr. Ketchum's credibility.

czsmithGT
11-26-2012, 14:37
Obviously written by bigfoot to destroy Dr. Ketchum's credibility.

Yep- That's exactly what I was thinking :)

el_jewapo
11-26-2012, 15:04
Wood Knocking Heard and Tracks Found - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me8Z2klyF8k)

That's a wood pecker if I ever heard one.

4949shooter
11-26-2012, 15:19
BIGFOOT Supports the 2nd Amendment - YouTube

Magnus2131
11-26-2012, 17:34
BIGFOOT Supports the 2nd Amendment - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njELhY3FVp0)

I hope Bigfoot does'nt shoot himself in the leg using that Serpa holster.:whistling:

FPS
11-26-2012, 18:08
Bigfoot caught on a trail-cam

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/bebbeka/trailcamlightbigfoot.jpg

4949shooter
11-26-2012, 18:16
I hope Bigfoot does'nt shoot himself in the leg using that Serpa holster.:whistling:

Bigfoot caught on a trail-cam

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/bebbeka/trailcamlightbigfoot.jpg

Lol... :supergrin:

cowboywannabe
11-27-2012, 01:18
Phineas and Ferb He's Bigfoot in HD - YouTube

hes even got his own song

MELE20C
11-27-2012, 11:58
The DNA sample collector comments further:

The DNA Release - My "Two Cents Worth" - YouTube

czsmithGT
11-27-2012, 13:44
Houston Chronicle's Eric Berger writes about the infamous Dr. Ketchum and her Bigfoot discovery:

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2012/11/like-omg-scientists-have-sequenced-bigfoot-dna/

"Some digging for this eventually led me to a blog post by Robert Lindsay discussing the source. Apparently the DNA comes from — I kid you not — blueberry bagel-loving Bigfeet in Michigan."

Dragoon44
11-27-2012, 15:37
The looney tunes claiming to have evidence, (which she will not produce) now claims that bigfoot is a half ape half human hybrid the product of modern women have sex with with a species some 15,000 years ago.

She has also requested that the U.S. Govt protect them and guarantee their constitutional rights.

HollowHead
11-27-2012, 15:42

He'd revert to his training and call his mother. HH

countrygun
11-27-2012, 15:42
The looney tunes claiming to have evidence, (which she will not produce) now claims that bigfoot is a half ape half human hybrid the product of modern women have sex with with a species some 15,000 years ago.

She has also requested that the U.S. Govt protect them and guarantee their constitutional rights.

Oh great, another special rights minority:upeyes:

Ftttu
11-27-2012, 15:49
Again, again, again, there are no bigfoots!!! This 'news' story is one of ridicule, just as the 'evidence'. This is a myth, which brings out those who believe in the smallest amount of 'evidence' when the overwhelming lack of credible evidence abounds. For you believers, this story may be the end-all, but it is just another in a continuing litany of 'proof' which will never lead to a dead and/or living bigfoot.

P.S. There is a female officer in our agency we lovingly refer to as Bigfoot. She's got huge feet for a woman of her size.

czsmithGT
11-27-2012, 15:54

I can see it now- a million Bigfoot creatures will come out of the woods if they find out we are willing to give them food stamps enabling them to get free blueberry muffins. That will be the ultimate budget buster entitlement.

ArtificialGrape
11-27-2012, 16:38

I would expect a tribe of bigfoots large enough to survive 15,000 years (without being ridiculously inbred) to leave more evidence than some foot prints and grainy images.

But maybe that's just me.

-ArtificialGrape

Dubble-Tapper
11-27-2012, 16:50
I would expect a tribe of bigfoots large enough to survive 15,000 years (without being ridiculously inbred) to leave more evidence than some foot prints and grainy images.

But maybe that's just me.

-ArtificialGrape

thats the problem i have with Bigfoot believers. how could a population large enough to survive that long go unnoticed?

Gregg702
11-27-2012, 17:07
thats the problem i have with Bigfoot believers. how could a population large enough to survive that long go unnoticed?

Something something banging on wood.

ArtificialGrape
11-27-2012, 17:13
I suspect that when they die the body instantly *poofs* into a pile of leaves.

-ArtificialGrape

oldgraywolf
11-27-2012, 17:14

It's because they're so smart. Smart enough not to leave identifiable tracks, fur/hair, dead bodies, bones, poop, evidence of feeding or nesting areas, or anything else that could be taken as evidence by an objective, qualified researcher. They're actually smarter than the people searching for them.

MELE20C
11-27-2012, 17:21

That`s the problem I have with quotes like that.

Unnoticed?

Thousands of credible reports from people from all walks of life with nothing to gain and everything to lose by making a report of what they experienced. That's hardly going unnoticed! Problem is people who can't expand their minds beyond the accepted world as they know it will instantly jump on anyone who reports an experience and not only ridicule them but question their saniety! The people coming forward with reports and those actively gathering evidence have their lives turned inside out by the haters and bullies. It isn't so amazing that bigfoot MIGHT exist. It's truly amazing that in this societal climate, anyone would dare report they had any kind of experience at all. The naysayers judge everyone who shows an interest in this by the antics of the TV personalities and hoaxers who seek the publicity. I cringe at some of the antics I see of supposed "gun people" on TV and at the ranges. I don't swear off guns or ridicule gun owners because of it. For those of us who are big-game hunters? Ever seen a slob hunter? Did it make you swear off hunting? Did all those disgraced TV evangelists make you stop believing in God and attack those who do? I bet that if half the naysayers running their sucks on here took the time to truly evaluate the evidence that does exist, there would be a lot less of you willing to run your mouths. All those career law enforcement officers, career military people, preachers, ranchers, farmers, natives, kids, teachers, wives and grandmothers are just all lying right? Thousands of them seeking publicity or money or just crazy even though most go through great lengths to hide their identities. The thousands of tracks with dermal ridges, trails through sand and snow for countless miles with strides too long for any human and meandering through total wilderness where only by fluke anyone sees it. Names for these creatures in every native american culture on the continent. I don't know what it is but there's a lot more evidence that there is something out there which we don't understand than that there isn't.

czsmithGT
11-27-2012, 17:38
That`s the problem I have with quotes like that.

Unnoticed?

Thousands of credible reports from people from all walks of life with nothing to gain and everything to lose by making a report of what they experienced.

With no verifiable physical evidence of a Bigfoot having ever been discovered, what makes their reports credible? Skeletons or dead creatures gathered for study would be verifiable. Footprints and blurry photos not so much.

Gregg702
11-27-2012, 17:43
With no verifiable physical evidence of a Bigfoot having ever been discovered, what makes their reports credible? Skeletons or dead creatures gathered for study would be verifiable. Footprints and blurry photos not so much.

Thinking like that is what caused us to not believe in Manbearpig, and look where that got us.

czsmithGT
11-27-2012, 17:49
Thinking like that is what caused us to not believe in Manbearpig, and look where that got us.

Well all I know is that if Bigfoot really existed, he would never have missed his chance to force his way to the head of the line at Walmart on Black Friday. That's all the proof I need that he is not out there.

Dubble-Tapper
11-27-2012, 18:00
They're actually smarter than the people searching for them.

that id believe

oldgraywolf
11-27-2012, 18:02
that id believe

For sure!

TBO
11-28-2012, 15:17
Wood knocks right now just outside!

Gregg702
11-28-2012, 15:18

I think the bigfeets are stalking you. They know you are mocking them on the internet.

nmk
11-28-2012, 15:19

czsmithGT
11-28-2012, 15:22
I think the bigfeets are stalking you. They know you are mocking them on the internet.

Did Obama give the Bigfeet free internet access to go along with their free phones? No wonder my taxes are so high.

Panglоss
11-28-2012, 15:23
Unnoticed?

Thousands of credible reports from people from all walks of life with nothing to gain and everything to lose by making a report of what they experienced. That's hardly going unnoticed!

Thousands of people who got freaked out in the woods after they saw/smelled/heard/"felt" something, and assumed that it was probably a bigfoot.

Zero dead bodies or other physical evidence ever discovered. You'd think that if 8' tall, 400lb apes are running around American woods, they'd occasionally leave a decaying body, skull, bone, or something behind as conclusive evidence. Maybe they never die though... :upeyes:

It's like what Richard Feynman said when asked about all of the people who have seen alien UFOs:

"I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."

glock1911revolver
11-30-2012, 06:41
Zero dead bodies or other physical evidence ever discovered. You'd think that if 8' tall, 400lb apes are running around American woods, they'd occasionally leave a decaying body, skull, bone, or something behind as conclusive evidence.

Poop. Bigfoot poop. Or do porcupines have an insatiable appetite for bigfoot poop, too?

TBO
12-04-2012, 15:47
http://cim-cim-images.cdn2.comcast.net/fc03img/Comcast_CIM_Prod_Fancast_Image/86/760/1335197282298_2x1_Overlay_640_320.jpg

countrygun
12-04-2012, 16:02
http://cim-cim-images.cdn2.comcast.net/fc03img/Comcast_CIM_Prod_Fancast_Image/86/760/1335197282298_2x1_Overlay_640_320.jpg

I dunno. Those guys look like they are more likely to have contact with aliens, get kidnapped and "probed", if you know what I mean.

czsmithGT
12-04-2012, 16:17
Animal Planet rules. The founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (BFRO) is the aptly named Matt Moneymaker. His qualifications appear to be beyond reproach:

- ... the first person who introduced sound blasting and howling as a technique for locating bigfoots.

- ... the first person who proposed and argued the connection between bigfoot sightings and deer kill stashes, after being shown evidence by Mennonite Farmers in Ohio.

- ... the first person to record the long moaning howl of a big male sasquatch — the "Ohio Howl."

- ... the first to formally describe the knock sounds made by bigfoots in 1992, at a scientific conference at Rutgers University for the International Society of Cryptozoology.

TBO
12-04-2012, 16:22
Are you knocking Matt?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/TheeBadOne/TBO/sarcasm.gif

G26S239
12-04-2012, 18:13
I dunno. Those guys look like they are more likely to have contact with aliens, get kidnapped and "probed", if you know what I mean.

*ASH*
12-04-2012, 18:58
Did Obama give the Bigfeet free internet access to go along with their free phones? No wonder my taxes are so high.

Obama technically did not start the phone program .
http://www.freegovernmentcellphones.net/faq/obama-phone

czsmithGT
12-04-2012, 19:02

But I bet he started the Free Internet for Bigfeet movement.

The Big FIB

We know he started the Let's give Internet to Everyone plan-

The Big LIE

NeverMore1701
12-04-2012, 19:02

Wood knocking against wood?

countrygun
12-04-2012, 19:11

Nor did he invent "Government Spending that increases the deficit", he just likes to take things to the extreme

*ASH*
12-04-2012, 19:13
Nor did he invent "Government Spending that increases the deficit", he just likes to take things to the extreme

:rofl: good one . for the record im not a demorat ,just pointing out that everybody calling it obama phone looks silly .

czsmithGT
12-04-2012, 19:16
:rofl: good one . for the record im not a demorat ,just pointing out that everybody calling it obama phone looks silly .

Yep

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube

TBO
12-05-2012, 10:22
I think many Bigfoot sightings
are nothing more than a case of mistaken identity.
People see a quick glance of a werewolf in the wild and automatically assume it's a Bigfoot.

Pretty silly

czsmithGT
12-05-2012, 10:25
People see a quick glance of a werewolf in the wild and automatically assume it's a Bigfoot.

Pretty silly

Where wolf???

There wolf!!

Werewolf...There wolf - YouTube

G26S239
12-05-2012, 15:44

Pretty silly

Warren Zevon never fell for the Bigfoot hoax. :rofl:

kazecap0ne
12-06-2012, 09:32
Yep

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio)

by far my favorite obama phone video lol

Got Obama Phone - REMIX!!!

Mayhem like Me
12-06-2012, 09:37

This thread is comedy gold....

series1811
12-06-2012, 09:40
I think I heard a Bigfoot in the woods one time.

It was scary. That's how I know.

MELE20C
12-07-2012, 05:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZDuCrN1mQw&feature=youtu.be

nmk
12-07-2012, 06:04

Pretty silly

t4terrific
12-10-2012, 16:21

Pretty silly

Werewolves eat Bigfoot carcasses and droppings. That's already been proven.

What really annoys me are those ufo nut jobs. Those idiots will believe anything.

FPS
12-10-2012, 16:26
Werewolves eat Bigfoot carcasses and droppings. That's already been proven.

What really annoys me are those ufo nut jobs. Those idiots will believe anything.

Are you saying there are no Martians?

http://images.wordpressapi.com/marvin-the-martian.jpg

vart
12-10-2012, 17:18
I hope none of the skeptics in this thread watched th AZ edition of the Finding Bigfoot show last night...

It started out with a video supposedly taken of a bigfoot walking up to a picnic table in the middle of the night and taking a soda and some cookies out of a cooler.

I watched the video, and it was clearly a dirty hippie stealing food from various camp sites...:upeyes:

It was so sad to see the cast members try and explain it as a "juvenile bigfoot"...

Really? A juvenile bigfoot looks like this???

http://www.centrefashions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/What-to-remember-when-looking-for-hippie-outfit8.jpg

czsmithGT
12-10-2012, 18:43
I hope none of the skeptics in this thread watched th AZ edition of the Finding Bigfoot show last night...

It started out with a video supposedly taken of a bigfoot walking up to a picnic table in the middle of the night and taking a soda and some cookies out of a cooler.

I watched the video, and it was clearly a dirty hippie stealing food from various camp sites...:upeyes:

It was so sad to see the cast members try and explain it as a "juvenile bigfoot"...

[/IMG]

It's been pretty well proven that bigfeets are into peace and magic mushrooms, but I didn't know about pepsi and cookies. I learn new things every day!!

t4terrific
12-10-2012, 18:45

http://images.wordpressapi.com/marvin-the-martian.jpg

I only know of one. He was from Kansas.

czsmithGT
12-10-2012, 18:58

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/CzsmithGT/Welcome_to_Mars.jpg

TBO
12-10-2012, 22:14
Smallfoot?