PSA Upper [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PSA Upper

SFW
11-25-2012, 16:08
Well I couldn't resist... I ordered a PSA M4 upper from their Black Friday Special. Hopefully I'll have it before Christmas. Lol. The specs looked good, and the price was crazy. Time to order a BCG and rock n roll. :)

mvician
11-25-2012, 16:12
Great price for a great M4 upper. Really like mine. Week after I got mine PSA had their BCG's on sale. I picked one up :cool:

WoodenPlank
11-25-2012, 16:40
I ordered a 16" mid length just over 2 weeks ago. I emailed on Thanksgiving
to try to get a status update, as someone else posted here that the 3 week advertised lead time is really 6 weeks or so. Hopefully they are still on track to ship my upper next week.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cowboy1964
11-25-2012, 17:23
Mine took just over 6 weeks I think for the Labor Day sale. But it was also one of the first things sold out and I was one of the last buyers just before that happened so it was like worst case.

TedG
11-25-2012, 17:30
My mid-length PSA upper arrived within the stated delivery and it is excellent. I like the fact in has an FN barrel. Good luck with yours.

SFW
11-25-2012, 18:02
I'm hoping that mine doesn't take too long. The one I ordered is not sold out. So hopefully it won't take as long. We'll see.

03Cobra
11-25-2012, 20:48
I ordered mine in October and got it in four weeks from my order date ... I was okay with that and just ordered more from them ;)

glock031
11-25-2012, 21:18
PSA stated in thier industry forum that they got way behind on labor day sales orders cause of a inventory glitch. Their inventory was saying they had x amounts of certain barrels but they couldn't find them when needed so some had longer than average waiting due to restocking these barrels.

larson1122
11-25-2012, 23:05
Hopefully yours ships in a timely manner. I ordered mine on Oct. 20th and it still hasn't shipped. It's been over 5 weeks now....starting to get a little ridiculous.

mvician
11-26-2012, 04:11
When I ordered mine it was on my doorstep in exactly a week. :whistling::supergrin:

03Cobra
11-26-2012, 05:39
Hopefully yours ships in a timely manner. I ordered mine on Oct. 20th and it still hasn't shipped. It's been over 5 weeks now....starting to get a little ridiculous.

did you call them? it seems funny, but I waited three weeks and then gave them a call and magically I saw that it shipped out the next morning.

GSSF17
11-26-2012, 05:40
When I ordered mine it was on my doorstep in exactly a week. :whistling::supergrin:

I guess I am lucky too- the CHF middy I ordered in mid october was at my house in 11 days (total).

cowboy1964
11-26-2012, 06:50
One thing I've noticed about my PSA middy... it cools down very quickly after shooting (or maybe it just takes longer to heat up). At least compared to my carbine-length M4 profiled M&P barrel. Maybe it's my imagination.

WoodenPlank
11-26-2012, 07:29

What upper did you order, exactly?

mjkeat
11-26-2012, 07:44
did you call them? it seems funny, but I waited three weeks and then gave them a call and magically I saw that it shipped out the next morning.

I've had that happen to me 3 or so times. I think they forgot about me until seeing the emial.

scrunt
11-26-2012, 10:06
I ordered mine on Oct 19 and had it in hand on Nov 14. That was for a lightweight middy.

larson1122
11-26-2012, 10:29

Yes, many times. Two weeks ago I was told it would ship the next day. Last week I was told it would ship "soon," but the guy said he couldn't estimate how soon.

What upper did you order, exactly?

16" CMV Chrome Lined Mid-Length Pencil Premium Madness

Ruggles
11-26-2012, 17:49
I ordered my second one from them on election night, a Dissipator 16". My last one took 3 weeks or so to get here so not sure when this one will arrive.

Big Bird
11-26-2012, 18:21
Nothing new here.

I ordered a lower from Wilson Combat 3 months ago and its never shown up.

I ordered a BUIS from Larue and it took like 25 days to ship.

I ordered stuff from Noveske that took 6 weeks...

Its just the nature of the business.

GSSF17
11-26-2012, 18:55
Nothing new here.

I ordered a lower from Wilson Combat 3 months ago and its never shown up.

I ordered a BUIS from Larue and it took like 25 days to ship.

I ordered stuff from Noveske that took 6 weeks...

Its just the nature of the business.

You don't say! ;)

I have been so tempted to share my pain with some of the other companies when there are complaints about shipping times. Now, if the product is defective or incorrect, then yes- it deserves the negativity. But simply the "I want it NOW" syndrome not being indulged is not an excuse for flaming. Not everyone can be like BCM or Primary Arms, right?:wavey:

Ruggles
11-26-2012, 19:50
I ordered my second one from them on election night, a Dissipator 16". My last one took 3 weeks or so to get here so not sure when this one will arrive.

Karma Post! I just got a email from PSA, upper shipped today and it should arrive on the 29th. My 44th B-Day no less :supergrin:

WoodenPlank
11-26-2012, 21:27
You don't say! ;)

I have been so tempted to share my pain with some of the other companies when there are complaints about shipping times. Now, if the product is defective or incorrect, then yes- it deserves the negativity. But simply the "I want it NOW" syndrome not being indulged is not an excuse for flaming. Not everyone can be like BCM or Primary Arms, right?:wavey:

Christ, I WISH everyone in the industry shipped as fast as Marshall. Ordered a 3x magnifier last night at 8PM, and hat shipping notice today around lunch time. :wow:

GSSF17
11-27-2012, 07:40
Christ, I WISH everyone in the industry shipped as fast as Marshall. Ordered a 3x magnifier last night at 8PM, and hat shipping notice today around lunch time. :wow:

No kidding, Plank. Marshall gets his stuff to us here in FL in 3 days or less, and even when I choose one of the cheaper shipping methods!

WoodenPlank
11-27-2012, 09:59
No kidding, Plank. Marshall gets his stuff to us here in FL in 3 days or less, and even when I choose one of the cheaper shipping methods!

I always pick USPS Priority for that exact reason. If I'm ordering online, I rarely need that item right away, so I don't mind waiting a day or two.

Three weeks for a production-type upper is stretching it a bit. 6 weeks is retarded.

Side note, I actually got to drop by 2 PSA locations on the way home from NC yesterday. Apparently they have a whopping THREE people working their phone bank. While standing in one of the retail stores, I saw them get 2-3 phone calls about internet orders, even though the retail stores can't check on them.

From what I heard the clerk tell someone, they have 3 people handling over 2,000 calls a day. No wonder you can't get anyone to answer the bleepin' phone.

pnutcar
11-28-2012, 17:56
I got their M4Madness upper on sale- Ordered it 10/21 and had it in hand 11/19. ZERO complaints about it. Its my first AR and I love it. That upper + BCM bcg = fun for me!

WoodenPlank
11-28-2012, 18:19
The email I sent PSA last week has still not been answered. Sent another one today (15 business days since I ordered my upper) to find out what the status was. Starting to get a bit disconcerted.

cowboy1964
11-28-2012, 19:36
I emailed them at about 4 weeks requesting an update. I never got a reply either. My upper showed up about a week later or so.

I know they're busy and all but it's poor service to not at least respond with an update.

Fwdftw
11-28-2012, 19:43
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/206481_The_Official__Where_is_my_order_thread.html&page=161

WoodenPlank
11-28-2012, 20:11
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/206481_The_Official__Where_is_my_order_thread.html&page=161

A shame ARfcom requires a non-GMail/Yahoo/ETC email address for an account - hence why I don't have one. I won't be giving them my work email addresses to get an account.

Fwdftw
11-28-2012, 20:21
PM me your order number bud.. ill post up for ya

WoodenPlank
11-28-2012, 20:30

Will do, and thank you.

Gbannan
11-29-2012, 03:49

May I do the same? I don't have a non gmail account and I refuse to give my work email. Called PSA at least 15 times yesterday. Sent an email as well. It would be greatly appreciated.

SFW
11-29-2012, 07:25
Well, if you figure that fifteen business days is roughly three weeks. Once you add shipping time, a month is about right... Just sayin..

TucsonGlocker
11-29-2012, 07:36
May I do the same? I don't have a non gmail account and I refuse to give my work email. Called PSA at least 15 times yesterday. Sent an email as well. It would be greatly appreciated.

I can post it up for you :wavey: PM me your order number

Gbannan
11-29-2012, 08:13
Thanks but I already got another member to post. Thanks again!

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 11:53
Well, if you figure that fifteen business days is roughly three weeks. Once you add shipping time, a month is about right... Just sayin..

Yeah, but what about people that have hit or gone past that 3 week window without even a reply from PSA or a shipping notice?

SFW
11-29-2012, 11:59
Yeah, but what about people that have hit or gone past that 3 week window without even a reply from PSA or a shipping notice?

I can definitely see where that can be frustrating. Hopefully, PSA can get so better communication going. I am hopeful that I will receive my upper within a timely manor. I do know that industry wide there is a crazy to buy right now. SO I fully expect manufacturers to be stretched a bit thin right now.

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 12:12
I can definitely see where that can be frustrating. Hopefully, PSA can get so better communication going. I am hopeful that I will receive my upper within a timely manor. I do know that industry wide there is a crazy to buy right now. SO I fully expect manufacturers to be stretched a bit thin right now.

Unfortunately, this seems to have been an ongoing issue with PSA. While I understand that things are crazier than usual, it's been an ongoing issue with PSA not having the manpower to answer calls and emails in a timely manner.

larson1122
11-29-2012, 12:21

Exactly. I finally got an email back from PSA customer service saying mine should ship sometime today, business day #29. We'll see...

bigmoney890
11-29-2012, 12:23
Unfortunately, this seems to have been an ongoing issue with PSA. While I understand that things are crazier than usual, it's been an ongoing issue with PSA not having the manpower to answer calls and emails in a timely manner.

For at least the 8 months that i've been visiting their site.

Has anyone had any complaints with the uppers after they arrived? Or is the shipping time pretty much the only thing people are concerned with?

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 12:26
For at least the 8 months that i've been visiting their site.

Has anyone had any complaints with the uppers after they arrived? Or is the shipping time pretty much the only thing people are concerned with?

There was a batch of midlength uppers a while back that were shipped with carbine gas tubes. Off the top of my head, that's the only major complaint I have heard with quality on the uppers.

bigmoney890
11-29-2012, 12:42
There was a batch of midlength uppers a while back that were shipped with carbine gas tubes. Off the top of my head, that's the only major complaint I have heard with quality on the uppers.

Alright. One of my buddies wants to do a build and I wanted to make sure there aren't any major concerns with their uppers.

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 13:07
Alright. One of my buddies wants to do a build and I wanted to make sure there aren't any major concerns with their uppers.

If their shipping times and CS were anything like Bravo Company, I'd buy from PSA without hesitation.

bigmoney890
11-29-2012, 13:09
Hopefully by the time he is ready to order the upper (spring time) they'll have everything worked out. I doubt it though, I directed him towards BCM but they are a little out of his price range, but i'm sure once i explain the wait times and such he'll change his mind.

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 13:14
Hopefully by the time he is ready to order the upper (spring time) they'll have everything worked out. I doubt it though, I directed him towards BCM but they are a little out of his price range, but i'm sure once i explain the wait times and such he'll change his mind.

The BCM upper that was the same setup as the PSA I ordered was only $50 more than the PSA. 16" midlength with a standard A-frame.

bigmoney890
11-29-2012, 13:21
The BCM upper that was the same setup as the PSA I ordered was only $50 more than the PSA. 16" midlength with a standard A-frame.

Well I made the mistake of telling him PSA's black friday deal for $249 for a standard carbine upper. Now that's all he can think of :rofl:

We're sitting down this weekend to talk about his build so i'll stress that he won't be getting a quality upper for that price unless PSA has another sale.

cowboy1964
11-29-2012, 15:03

My PSA hammer-forged middy was $299.

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 15:17
My PSA hammer-forged middy was $299.

I'm assuming you caught that on sale. I paid full price for my non-HF middy, unfortunately.

PSA posted some info in the where the **** is my order thread on TOS. They say mine is in manufacturing, but that it can take 15 business days to manufacture. I'm not sure if that is the same 15 days they advertise, or another 15 days on top of that.

If it's 30 total, I am going to be.... very displeased.

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 15:42
Ok, really...?

Mr. [redacted], we are working diligently to complete all orders in a timely manner, we ask for your patience in this matter. Thank you for your patronage.

That's the response I got to an email asking about my upper. No info at all, just a blow-off email.

Gbannan
11-30-2012, 07:38
Has anyone EVER gotten through on the phone????

Fwdftw
11-30-2012, 08:36
i have about 2 months ago. was missing a part in my LPK. said theyd send it. never did

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

WoodenPlank
11-30-2012, 12:03
PSA's CS reps really need to do a better job of being clear in their emails. Either that, or theyre intentionally vague.

When I asked if they could give me an estimate of when my upper would be ready...

It will be at least 15 business days but may take longer.

So, is that 15 days from now, or 15 days from my order?

:steamed:

Gbannan
11-30-2012, 12:04
Can someone please post my order #'s again. PSA just doesn't like me....

WoodenPlank
11-30-2012, 12:09
Can someone please post my order #'s again. PSA just doesn't like me....

PM it to me.

Gbannan
11-30-2012, 12:20
Pm'ed. Thanks

Fwdftw
11-30-2012, 14:31
Sale or not. I think BCM will get my buisness from here on out.

WoodenPlank
11-30-2012, 15:29
Sale or not. I think BCM will get my buisness from here on out.

Yep. That $50 I saved doesn't seem so important now. I'm giving them to Tuesday to tell me when the heck I will have my upper, or I'm demanding a refund. If they try to rip me for the cancellation fee, it will not end well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bmoore
11-30-2012, 15:47
I am a BCM convert. Their last sale was tempting but I will wait til I can buy a BCM if I really want another rifle. I have a middy from PSA and it is nice but its not worth the hassle.

Fwdftw
11-30-2012, 16:23
i agree my middy has performed fantastic.. im craving a 14.5 with a FSC556 and bcm will get my buisness for it as well.

03scgt
12-02-2012, 19:13
I ordered a blemished upper,upper build kit and lower moe build kit 11/20 and my order hasn't Been processed.I ordered all in stock parts before the main sale and they can't even finish processing the order.Kinda crappy they'll charge your card right then for in stock parts and they can't even process it then they want to hit you with a 10% cancelation fee.I had a buddy order the same stuff a day after me and he got his conformation and shipping info maybe 3 days after but I'm still waiting.I called 24 times and couldn't get through to anything but a answering machine.Left a message with my order number, name ,and number and couldn't even get a response and that was early last week.

I'm fairly concerned if I recieve the wrong stuff or I'm missing something that it's likely I'll never beable to get it or to contact them to make it right

At the same time I ordered from joebob outfitters right before thanks giving and had my order on Tuesday a day early from the tracking Number.I ordered again Thursday afternoon and had my parts yesterday(Saturday).Ill be buying from them Alot,great customer service compared to psa

03Cobra
12-02-2012, 19:23
I ordered a blemished upper,upper build kit and lower moe build kit 11/20 and my order hasn't Been processed.I ordered all in stock parts before the main sale and they can't even finish processing the order.Kinda crappy they'll charge your card right then for in stock parts and they can't even process it then they want to hit you with a 10% cancelation fee.I had a buddy order the same stuff a day after me and he got his conformation and shipping info maybe 3 days after but I'm still waiting.I called 24 times and couldn't get through to anything but a answering machine.Left a message with my order number, name ,and number and couldn't even get a response and that was early last week.

I'm fairly concerned if I recieve the wrong stuff or I'm missing something that it's likely I'll never beable to get it or to contact them to make it right

At the same time I ordered from joebob outfitters right before thanks giving and had my order on Tuesday a day early from the tracking Number.I ordered again Thursday afternoon and had my parts yesterday(Saturday).Ill be buying from them Alot,great customer service compared to psa

What is the big deal, they said it would take 10 business days before you made the purchase and it hasn't been that yet.

bigmoney890
12-02-2012, 19:38
What is the big deal, they said it would take 10 business days before you made the purchase and it hasn't been that yet.

How do you know how long it should take? He said he ordered before the "big sale." So there shouldn't have been any added wait time

03scgt
12-02-2012, 19:42

If it said it would take 10 business days before I made the purchase there wouldn't be a problem...

It's not the wait thats a problem it's the fact they have very little customer service help.I bought stuff at a good price and I'm happy with that.but they need to hire more people if they are this backed up with calls and orders

mvician
12-02-2012, 20:22
So they need to hire more people only to lay them off after the rush is over?

Remember what happened at Daniel Defense in 2009?

faawrenchbndr
12-02-2012, 20:41
Buy from someone else,......?:dunno:
Unless you have been under a rock for the last year, you should know of their issues.

03Cobra
12-03-2012, 11:41
If it said it would take 10 business days before I made the purchase there wouldn't be a problem...

It's not the wait thats a problem it's the fact they have very little customer service help.I bought stuff at a good price and I'm happy with that.but they need to hire more people if they are this backed up with calls and orders

I understand, I was wanting my order quick too but they do have in red comments below the lowers and uppers: will take 10 to 15 business days to process orders.

Bottom line is that PSA does have quality stuff it just takes a while to get it. I don't mind waiting, but other people do. Them not answering the phone is an issue though, but I dont want them to hire more people because their cost will go up and so will ours ;)

WoodenPlank
12-03-2012, 12:55
I understand, I was wanting my order quick too but they do have in red comments below the lowers and uppers: will take 10 to 15 business days to process orders.

Bottom line is that PSA does have quality stuff it just takes a while to get it. I don't mind waiting, but other people do. Them not answering the phone is an issue though, but I dont want them to hire more people because their cost will go up and so will ours ;)

The problem is, a LOT of orders are taking much longer than that. Some poor bastard on ARFcom has waited over 70 days.

faawrenchbndr
12-03-2012, 14:00

Their quality may be CLOSE to a few companies', but their
Customer Service falls very short of many companies'

Cole125
12-03-2012, 19:24
The problem is, a LOT of orders are taking much longer than that. Some poor bastard on ARFcom has waited over 70 days.

It took well over a month for me to get my upper from PSA this summer.

Sure they use quality components for a decent price, but they need to get their shipping act together. BCM uses higher quality components, with higher QC for only a little more money, and very fast shipping.

For me, the choice is a no brainer.

bmoore
12-03-2012, 19:30

Sure they use quality components for a decent price, but they need to get their shipping act together. BCM uses higher quality components, with higher QC for only a little more money, and very fast shipping.

I agree with you.

WoodenPlank
12-03-2012, 19:33

trust me, I've learned my lesson. I've been kicking myself for over a week for not spending the extra $80 for the equivalent BCM upper.

WoodenPlank
12-04-2012, 12:15
Got an email from PSA today with my tracking number. 7 November order date to 4 December shipping notice. I guess now it's waiting to see when it actually moves, and if I actually get what I ordered.

MD357
12-04-2012, 12:33
19 business days, oh the horror!!

Bottom line is that PSA does have quality stuff it just takes a while to get it. I don't mind waiting, but other people do. Them not answering the phone is an issue though, but I dont want them to hire more people because their cost will go up and so will ours

I'm in the same boat. I needed a BCG relatively fast, so I ordered it from BCM. Although I will say both my uppers from PSA came in before or right at the 15 day period.

WoodenPlank
12-04-2012, 14:20
19 business days, oh the horror!!

I'm in the same boat. I needed a BCG relatively fast, so I ordered it from BCM. Although I will say both my uppers from PSA came in before or right at the 15 day period.

It's not the wait, it is the utter lack of proper and timely response from PSA when you try to contact them. I've had 5-6 emails in a day from BCM replying to an issue (see my 'Well, crap...' thread), which I consider excellent. When it takes 2-3 emails across almost a week to get an answer on when your product will ship, and they reply with a vague one line answer, I'm not happy.

Add to that the number of orders I have seen screwed up, and the annoyance factor goes up quite a bit.

Ruggles
12-04-2012, 14:47
It seems PSA is doing fine businesswise. I would think that people who don't care for their business should just shop elsewhere for their needs. Plenty of choices out there for them . That party would be happy and PSA would survive. See I solved the big drama! :)

My two PSA uppers took 3 weeks to arrive. My BCM took a little less than two weeks. I have not had to deal with either CS dept so I can speak to that.

brausso
12-04-2012, 15:30
I think when people order from PSA they know what they're getting. They know delivery will be slower than at most places, but they don't claim to be faster. I have total of 8 orders from PSA including 4 uppers. They have made mistakes on 2 of my orders, but both times fixed it immediately.

They tend to bite off more than they can chew at times, but in the end, I've always been happy. $269 for a CHF middy upper, I could care less about waiting a month, but that's just me.

MD357
12-04-2012, 22:18
It's not the wait, it is the utter lack of proper and timely response from PSA when you try to contact them. I've had 5-6 emails in a day from BCM replying to an issue (see my 'Well, crap...' thread), which I consider excellent. When it takes 2-3 emails across almost a week to get an answer on when your product will ship, and they reply with a vague one line answer, I'm not happy.

Add to that the number of orders I have seen screwed up, and the annoyance factor goes up quite a bit.

I think it's well understood that you won't get anything close to concierge service, but it seems a number of people actually get theirs in a timely manner. I will say that I must be lucky because I've ordered several things from them and nothing has gone wrong. Personally, I consider yours to be timely considering the Thanksgiving holiday hopefully allowed them for a few days off. You may not agree though and that's fine, maybe my patience comes from dealing with waits on other custom platforms.

*ASH*
12-05-2012, 01:22
Has anyone EVER gotten through on the phone????

i did once . back when obama got elected first time and before the sky is falling crap , i had a ps90 . i thought i had better by a few extra mags , the exact day after election i ordered 4 50 round mags with the website price showing 29 bucks apiece . WELL when i got my email invoice they charged me $79.99 !!:steamed::steamed:

said supply and demand :upeyes::upeyes: and i said in less then 24 hours it went 50 bucks ? man i was pissed and took me forever to get refund . i will never buy anything there again , i forgot the name of company since its been so long but thats the one

GSSF17
12-06-2012, 06:59
Dang, I really must be a lucky one. I have ordered 5 uppers from them, and all were shipped at the specified time. Flawless fit and function. The last order, placed 11-27-12, they did omit a part from one of the kits. I emailed them, got a response in less than 24 hours, and had the missing part 4 days later.

One time, on a lower, they called my cell to confirm the FFL info, because I had misspelled it on the order. I have never tried calling them. Heck, they called me.

Sucks that they are pissing people off by spreading themselves so thin, though.:whistling:

03scgt
12-06-2012, 17:36
Well psa came through for me my package was delivered today while I was at work.I haven't gotten home to open it yet but assuming everything is correct I'd order from them again.The good pricing made up for the Lack of people answering the phone

Still think they should hire some people for that

G17 Zombie Blaster
12-06-2012, 18:54
Ordered an M4 16" for my son the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, it will be here tomorrow. Ten business days, no complaints here.

WoodenPlank
12-06-2012, 21:30
My PSA upper arrived today. Fit and finish are quite excellent, and it mates to my PSA blemished lower almost perfectly. A BCM bolt carrier group and first generation Gunfighter Mod 4 completed the upper. I won't get to hit the range until next week, though. I did find quite a lot of leftover magnetic particle inspection media (looked like a fluid type) inside the chamber, so that took a bit of cleaning to get rid of. ETA: I find it interesting that the barrel was obviously MPI'd, yet it's not marked as having been proof tested.

Overall, I am happy (so far) with the upper itself, even if PSA's customer service leaves a LOT to be desired. While I am satisfied with my purchase, I still wish I had spent the extra $80 for a BCM upper.

SFW
12-07-2012, 10:48
Ten business days in and mine still shows "processing" under the order status. I don't expect my upper to be here before the three week mark, but I would like to at least be able to track progress online...

Fwdftw
12-07-2012, 12:23
Ten business days in and mine still shows "processing" under the order status. I don't expect my upper to be here before the three week mark, but I would like to at least be able to track progress online...

you ordered from the wrong company lol

DaleGribble
12-07-2012, 12:48
My PSA upper arrived today. Fit and finish are quite excellent, and it mates to my PSA blemished lower almost perfectly. A BCM bolt carrier group and first generation Gunfighter Mod 4 completed the upper. I won't get to hit the range until next week, though. I did find quite a lot of leftover magnetic particle inspection media (looked like a fluid type) inside the chamber, so that took a bit of cleaning to get rid of. ETA: I find it interesting that the barrel was obviously MPI'd, yet it's not marked as having been proof tested.

Overall, I am happy (so far) with the upper itself, even if PSA's customer service leaves a LOT to be desired. While I am satisfied with my purchase, I still wish I had spent the extra $80 for a BCM upper.

Not trying to sound like a dork or anything but are you sure you didn't over look it? My two PSA uppers are both stamped MP on the barrel.

SFW
12-07-2012, 13:35
you ordered from the wrong company lol

Well, as I stated in my first post, I wasn't really expecting to get it within the three week window.

Leigh
12-07-2012, 13:50
Not trying to sound like a dork or anything but are you sure you didn't over look it? My two PSA uppers are both stamped MP on the barrel.

Same here.

TucsonGlocker
12-07-2012, 14:19

Same here...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q159/cr80renob/photo.jpg

WoodenPlank
12-07-2012, 14:54

Most barrels that I have seen are marked HPT/MPI to indicate the proof load was fired, then inspected.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

cowboy1964
12-07-2012, 15:17
I'm amazed how cool my midlength PSA upper stays. My M&P carbine length upper would get way hotter.

Magpul handguards do a great job of keeping the heat from your hand. The stock handguard let quite a bit of heat through.

ARs are a blast. I could shoot them all day!

Ruggles
12-07-2012, 17:33
Continue to be amazed at the sport of PSA bashing that has become so popular on here. They offer a quality product at a great price. They do not ship as fast as other makers. This is all very common knowledge on here so the buyer knows all of this going in. Either accept the deal they offer (with the good and the bad parts) or buy elsewhere.

I have two PSA uppers and have been happy with quality, price and ship time. I think PSA selling more quality ARs (due to price) to the American public is a great thing :)

With the resurgence and the popularity of the AR platform and the slowly dying negative image it still has is some people's mind I think companies like PSA are a huge plus in the gun world. The more folks that have ARs the better it is for their future.