Verizon May Drop AMC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Verizon May Drop AMC

crzn01
11-26-2012, 13:05
Verizon is talking about dropping AMC. If this happens, no more Walking Dead. Here is a web site to contact Verizon

www.keepamc.com

Phone number 1-855-8-keep-on

Please help if you have Verizon........................

SMOKEin
11-26-2012, 13:12
I swear AMC must be run by the teamsters union..... " We know how important AMC is to you. We have been working with AMC Networks in recent weeks to extend our agreement to carry AMC, WE, IFC and Sundance. We expect all AMC Networks’ programming will continue to be available on FiOS without any service interruptions."

amazon
11-26-2012, 13:13
seriously? WTF Verizon! My 2yr is just expiring, and the "same" package has less channels all ready.

crzn01
11-26-2012, 13:14
I just emailed AMC & receive from AMC

Thank you for your support. We have sent your email message to Verizon.

If you would like to contact Verizon executives directly to make your voice heard, their email addresses are provided below.

Lowell C. McAdam - CEO - lowell.c.mcadam@verizon.com
Francis J. Shammo - EVP and CFO - francis.shammo@verizon.com
Mike Ritter - CMO - mike.ritter@verizon.com
Terry Denson - VP Content Strategy and Acquistiion - terrence.k.denson@verizon.com
Ben Grad - Senior Content and Acquisition - benjamin.d.grad@verizon.com
Daniel Bushansky - daniel.bushansky@verizon.com

Thank you again for your support.

AMC Networks

ted1
11-26-2012, 13:15
I am a Verizon customer but wth is AMC.

Sent from my AT300

Bren
11-26-2012, 13:19
Verizon is talking about dropping AMC. If this happens, no more Walking Dead. Here is a web site to contact Verizon

www.keepamc.com

Phone number 1-855-8-keep-on

Please help if you have Verizon........................

Verizon has cable?

I watch 2 networks - FX and AMC. My local cable company didn't get FX, so I dropped them and got DirecTV. DirecTV started saying they weren't going to carry FX, so I dropped them all. Now I buy walking dead and Sons of Anarchy and Justified on Amazon or iTunes for $1.99 an episode. I can watch the shows I like all year long, with no commercials, for less than I used to pay for a month of DirecTV.

ted1
11-26-2012, 13:22
Just get Netflix I watch that stuff on my phone tablet and TV.

Sent from my AT300

cranejc
11-26-2012, 14:59
starting to sound like AMC is getting a little too big for their britches... first Dish, now Verizon

Calico Jack
11-26-2012, 15:05
starting to sound like AMC is getting a little too big for their britches... first Dish, now Verizon

And they ultimately reached a deal last month.

Geko45
11-26-2012, 15:06

No, AMC has adopted an agressive business model and I like it. They are putting out programs that people actually want to watch and they are leveraging that viewership at the bargaining table with cable and satellite carriers. As long as they keep putting out quality programming (while everyone else is still dishing out fluff) then I'll happily support them in their effort.

AMC has gotten to big for their britches, that's why they have finally put their big boy pants on.

Calico Jack
11-26-2012, 15:10
No, AMC has adopted an agressive business model and I like it. They are putting out programs that people actually want to watch and they are leveraging that viewership at the bargaining table with cable and satellite carriers. As long as they keep putting out quality programming (while everyone else is still dishing out fluff) then I'll happily support them in their effort.

AMC has gotten to big for their britches, that's why they have finally put their big boy pants on.

Bingo!

edporch
11-26-2012, 15:29
I stopped watching AMC when they started having commercials during movies.
Up until then, they were commercial free.

When subscribers complained, AMC said "those aren't commercials, they're intermissions...".

m2hmghb
11-26-2012, 15:33
You can say thank you to my cable company, Cablevision. AMC was originally a subsidiary of it, and just became publicly traded in 2011.

dherloc
11-26-2012, 15:34
So what...plenty of other ways to watch it.

jpa
11-26-2012, 15:49
I'm not happy with the strong-arm bargaining tactics. It's one thing to try to push for a better deal, but to be dragging the customers into the bargaining process is something like some thuggish teacher's union would try doing. "Save our children!" "Save Walking Dead!" Bah, download it on bit torrent and be done with the middle man.

CBennett
11-26-2012, 15:56

^^^ who are you thats making so much SENSE lol. This same thing happened in NY with I believe Time Warrenr and the NFL network or some such they were going to drop it or maybe even did drop it..I think it finally got resolved but I know my parents were not happy about it lol.

JFrame
11-28-2012, 06:58
Dang -- I hope DirecTV never has any issues with AMC... :shocked:

With shows like "The Walking Dead" and "Mad Men" (and previously, the late and lamented "The Killing"), AMC has provided some of the finest new programming on television (and far surpassing the general crap on broadcast TV).