Sign up for Amazon rewards Visa card, get instant $50 gift card. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Amazon rewards Visa card, get instant $50 gift card.

goldenlight
11-26-2012, 14:56
I was doing my part for the economy, by buying a new TV from Amazon.com for myself. TV's have gotten really cheap, compared to just a few years ago: a 19" Vizio LED LCD 720P, made primarily for bedrooms and kitchens only costs $128. I paid $250 for a 15" TV about 4 or 5 years ago, and the picture is not very good at all, compared to the CRT TV it replaced.

Anyways, when I went to check out, it showed a $50 gift card credit, with the explanation that if I signed up for an Amazon Rewards Visa card, I would get an instant $50 gift card.

That made my $128 TV cost only $78. It took less than 5 minutes from start to finish. For $50, I will go to a little extra trouble to pay an extra bill this month.

I use my 'little' TV quite a lot, and I have never been very pleased with the one I have been using. Reviews of the Vizio have been very good, especially given it's price point, which used to be $150, last summer.

With the Cyber Monday discount, and the $50 gift card, I got it for almost exactly HALF that price. Hard to beat.:cool:

For over 20 years, my 'big' (main) TV was a 20" Mitsubishi CRT stereo TV. I remember how excited I was to hook an amplifier up to two old floor standing stereo speakers. I'm still using the same amplifier and speakers today. I built the enclosures for the 12" three way speakers back in 1972, when I was still in college, and had almost no money at all. They still sound good to me.

When it was really hot in the summer, I got in the habit of watching my small TV much more, because my 32" Vizio with the stereo amplifier, put out a really noticible amount of heat.

I'm really looking froward to a bigger, brighter TV set.:supergrin:

floorburn_21
11-26-2012, 20:06
I've had nothing but terrible luck with my two Vizio tv's. Both went out just after a year, and customer service was terrible. When I was having issues with my 32" just before my year warranty expired. After the year was up they basically told me I was out of luck because the year was up. Hopefully yours works out better for you but I will not buy them again. And if not, it was only half price right?

Dennis in MA
11-27-2012, 12:20
I keep thinking I should do this. On my Amazon purchases alone, I'd save a ton. I took a loooong look at 2012 - just shy of $5,000 purchased on my Amazon acct. (Alas, about 1/3 of that is business so it wouldn't be on the card.)

But I'm still beholden to my Bass Pro card. There is crap I'd never buy if it wasn't for that card. I can dream of being a big-time tourney fisherman when I use my points to buy rods and reels I really don't need. :)

goldenlight
11-28-2012, 01:31
I've had nothing but terrible luck with my two Vizio tv's. Both went out just after a year, and customer service was terrible. When I was having issues with my 32" just before my year warranty expired. After the year was up they basically told me I was out of luck because the year was up. Hopefully yours works out better for you but I will not buy them again. And if not, it was only half price right?

Damn, that sucks big time! My immediate family has 3 of them, 3 to 4 years old, and not a single problem.

Stuff like this makes me nervous!