Dixie Gun and Knife Shows [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Gun and Knife Shows

Andy123
11-26-2012, 18:07
Has anyone been to the Dixie Gun shows in Charlotte? Are they worth going to? It's been years since I have been to a gun show, but I was wanting to stack up some ammo, and shipping online is a bear.

norton
11-26-2012, 19:26
Is that Dixie Gun Works, the Turner Kirkland company?

Andy123
11-26-2012, 19:30
I have no idea, they just advertise as dixie gun and knife show in Charlotte, Raleigh and a few other cities.

Kurly
11-26-2012, 19:39
The one at the Merchandise Mart is pretty lame, IMO. I like the outfit that does the one out at Metrolina Fairgrounds. Seems to be better attended and more variety of dealers.

I have a friend who buys Browning shotguns and he's there every time they're in town. He used to do the outfit who's at the Merchandise Mart but said he got tired of dealing with them. Looks like other vendors followed suit.

*ASH*
11-26-2012, 19:43
hi , im in NC. just went to the one last week in Raliegh . it was ok , i only go to the DIXIE ONES . i went last year to the Charlotte one and i thought being in Charlotte it would be huge and nice .

HERE IS THE PROBLEMS I HAD WITH IT

its in a seedy part of outside town
its not as big as one in Raliegh
its in 3 different buildings side by side by side
they had less guns and more gimmicky crap
and there was alot more rednecks at this one . im a redneck myself but some of these folks put people of walmart to shame .

my grade was a F - been once last time . i will stick to the Raliegh show

YMMV :wavey:

Andy123
11-26-2012, 19:44
Yeah, Dixie is the one at MEtrolina. Guess I will try it out.

Andy123
11-26-2012, 19:45
hi , im in NC. just went to the one last week in Raliegh . it was ok , i only go to the DIXIE ONES . i went last year to the Charlotte one and i thought being in Charlotte it would be huge and nice .

HERE IS THE PROBLEMS I HAD WITH IT

its in a seedy part of outside town
its not as big as one in Raliegh
its in 3 different buildings side by side by side
they had less guns and more gimmicky crap
and there was alot more rednecks at this one . im a redneck myself but some of these folks put people of walmart to shame .

my grade was a F - been once last time . i will stick to the Raliegh show

YMMV :wavey:

Hey Ash, give us a break, we're the home of NASCAR :)

*ASH*
11-26-2012, 19:46
Yeah, Dixie is the one at MEtrolina. Guess I will try it out.

dont let the title Metrolina expo center make you think big .

its 3 metal buildings side by side , just friendly reminder

*ASH*
11-26-2012, 19:49
Hey Ash, give us a break, we're the home of NASCAR :)

well thats true :rofl: ok :wavey:

:broccoli:

and i will have to shamefully admit i only got to go because the wife wanted to go to IKEA :rofl: