Birmingham lawyer charged with slicing dog's throat and texting picture to [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham lawyer charged with slicing dog's throat and texting picture to

Restless28
11-27-2012, 10:15
girlfriend.

Some people are truly evil. :steamed:

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/11/birmingham_lawyer_charged_with.html#incart_hbx

tantrix
11-27-2012, 10:19
The throat-slashing thing is terrible, and was unnecessary...but I can't help but ask:

Who the hell fights over custody of a dog??

GRIMLET
11-27-2012, 10:35
He sends a picture of their dead dog and then leaves a voicemail saying, "Youre next girl".
He made false statements to the police and he isnt charged with any of this?

I hope he gets what he deserves.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

gigab1te
11-27-2012, 11:03
I had a case once where the guy used pliers to pull the teeth out of his ex's two little bitty dogs. These dogs were like children to this lady. One dog died, the other lived. He tape recorded the dogs screaming, and left her the tape. He also hid the teeth all over her house (in the pockets of her clothes, inside dishes, behind books, etc). He went to prison, and months later she was still finding the teeth.

Bushflyr
11-27-2012, 11:08
As much as I love dogs and fervently wish that he gets thrown in a pit with 1000 rabid Chihuahua's, is it really any different than cutting a pigs throat? A chicken? I think he ought to be charged with a bunch of things, but animal cruelty doesn't seem to be the right crime.

Gallium
11-27-2012, 11:09
He sends a picture of their dead dog and then leaves a voicemail saying, "Youre next girl".
He made false statements to the police and he isnt charged with any of this?

I hope he gets what he deserves.

it's the sharkskin wall of silence. They look out for each other. Chances are the judge and prosecuting atty in the jurisdiction is also an attorney.

badge315
11-27-2012, 11:10
The throat-slashing thing is terrible, and was unnecessary...but I can't help but ask:

Psychopathic lawyers do, apparently.

This incident does nothing to change my opinion of lawyers in general.

tsmo1066
11-27-2012, 11:13
The lawyer's actions constitute a terroristic threat if ever I saw one. What are the statutes in Alabama regarding such threats?

That sicko needs to be dipped in beef gravy and locked up in a cell with some hungry Rotties!

Brucev
11-27-2012, 11:15
It's a dog. It was his property. That is all. At the most... some sort of cash fine is all this sort of thing merits. The dog is not a person. Killing it is nothing more than a misdemeanor. Getting all emotional about it is irrational.

janice6
11-27-2012, 11:16
This will give lawyers a bad name. http://i47.tinypic.com/23law7s.gif

tsmo1066
11-27-2012, 11:25
It's a dog. It was his property. That is all. At the most... some sort of cash fine is all this sort of thing merits. The dog is not a person. Killing it is nothing more than a misdemeanor. Getting all emotional about it is irrational.

He also sent his girlfriend a picture of the slaughtered animal with a message saying "You're next!".

I'm not sure about you, but I'm willing to bet most folks would agree that slitting an innocent animal's throat for the purpose of threatening the life of a fellow human being is pretty solidly within the realm of what society considers to be sick, dangerously obsessive behavior.

g29andy
11-27-2012, 11:36
Yeah, dog was just property:upeyes:. Just like the lawyer's backside will be in lockup.

zoyter2
11-27-2012, 11:38
it's the sharkskin wall of silence. They look out for each other. Chances are the judge and prosecuting atty in the jurisdiction is also an attorney.

I believe the local scuttlebutt is that his dad IS a judge.

Gun Shark
11-27-2012, 11:42
I had a case once where the guy used pliers to pull the teeth out of his ex's two little bitty dogs. These dogs were like children to this lady. One dog died, the other lived. He tape recorded the dogs screaming, and left her the tape. He also hid the teeth all over her house (in the pockets of her clothes, inside dishes, behind books, etc). He went to prison, and months later she was still finding the teeth.

That's way the hell off the deep end of sick and into the territory of ****ed up. Seriously what kind of person does that.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

frank4570
11-27-2012, 11:44

Humans are not rational.

bigrob911
11-27-2012, 18:49
There's a special place in h*ll for this pile of *****. may he get what he deserves. there is truly no lower form of life than a person that harms a pet. If this scum was on fire I would make smores and wath him burn.

Restless28
11-27-2012, 18:54
Brucev.:upeyes:

smokin762
11-27-2012, 18:57
This guy seems really deranged. People that do this kind of thing have crossed wires in their head. :upeyes:

Bren
11-27-2012, 18:59
As much as I love dogs and fervently wish that he gets thrown in a pit with 1000 rabid Chihuahua's, is it really any different than cutting a pigs throat? A chicken? I think he ought to be charged with a bunch of things, but animal cruelty doesn't seem to be the right crime.

Did he eat the dog? Did he do it for the purpose of eating the dog? Do you actually need to ask a question that obvious?

Bren
11-27-2012, 19:02

Which is a wall you just made up. Lawyers keeping quiet to protect each other is on par with the local Ford dealer keeping quiet about wrongdoing by the local Nissan dealer. Lawyers love to tell on each other - nonlawyers just don't usually understand when there is something to tell.

Anyhow, in Kentucky this would result in at least 2 felony charges and permanent disbarment and he'd be less likely to get a break than a thug from the hood - judges often make examples of lawyers.

IceAxe
11-27-2012, 19:03
Some people can't be trained and should just be put down.

...in his case slowly and without the use of an anesthetic.

Andy123
11-27-2012, 19:04
This guy seems really deranged. People that do this kind of thing have crossed wires in their head. :upeyes:

Or as they say down in 'Bama, "He has a head full 'o snakes"

sappy13
11-27-2012, 19:08
what the hell is wrong with people these days. I cant even imagine someone doing that to a dog or any animal. its just wrong. hopefully someone in jail gets wind of what he did and lets him know how it feels

smokin762
11-27-2012, 19:09
Or as they say down in 'Bama, "He has a head full 'o snakes"

No kidding. Some people are just screwed up in the head.

Cochese
11-27-2012, 19:11
That would be a domestic violence case here.

TBO
11-27-2012, 19:14
:rofl:

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

NeverMore1701
11-27-2012, 19:20

Yet another moronic post brought to you via Brucev.

Scott3670
11-27-2012, 19:37
Damn. This piece of crap deserves to die slowly in prison. I had some other creative comments regarding his punishment but I don't want to get banned.

jdavionic
11-27-2012, 19:52

Personally, I like my dog more than most people...and I don't simply view him as "my property". However I recognize that some people make outrageous statements just to draw attention :whistling:

The Machinist
11-27-2012, 20:21
Lawyers are scum.

686Owner
11-27-2012, 21:41

They're more important than people I hear.

tantrix
11-27-2012, 21:50

So the question here is...which GT'er was it? :supergrin:

AK_Stick
11-27-2012, 21:59

I've seen it a bunch.

Either both were into showing/working the dog, and it had established championed blood lines worth serious coin. Or, because one partner dearly loved the animal and the other simply wanted them to hurt.

Kilrain
11-27-2012, 22:38

Not more important than ALL people, just more important than some people. Then again, a common house fly is more important than some people.

:tongueout:

Cochese
11-27-2012, 22:40

You've never experienced people fighting over animals or trivial things as a patrol officer?

JMS
11-27-2012, 22:41

Your response says a lot about you and confirms what a lot of us already think of you. :whistling:

Kilrain
11-27-2012, 22:42
You've never experienced people fighting over animals or trivial things as a patrol officer?

Doh!

IQof1
11-27-2012, 22:46
what kind of dog was it?

IQof1
11-27-2012, 22:48
i didnt know Micheal Vick had relatives who were lawyers!

tantrix
11-27-2012, 22:55

An empty pack of cigarettes? Yep. A dog? Nope.

But, I'm sure you've been involved in several dog-custody disputes... :whistling:

itisbruno
11-27-2012, 22:57
Cry HAVOC! and let slip the dogs of war

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/brun02/dog/D3_frame_0673.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/brun02/dog/D3_frame_0706.jpg

TBO
11-28-2012, 08:32

But, I'm sure you've been involved in several dog-custody disputes... :whistling:

Did the responding LEO tell you & the other party to get over it & not bother the Cops with petty things?

Sent from the capacitor of my Taser using Tapatalk 2

fnfalman
11-28-2012, 08:40

So the question here is...which GT'er was it? :supergrin:

Ahem...

Cochese
11-28-2012, 09:12

:yawn:

I've also arrested a police impersonator or two.

tantrix
11-28-2012, 14:42
:yawn:

I've also arrested a police impersonator or two.

I wouldn't doubt it...probably took down a cartel or two last month too. :thumbsup:

Cochese
11-28-2012, 14:44
Nope, unlike you I live in reality.

TBO
11-28-2012, 15:12
...and don't suffer from credibility issues.

tantrix
11-28-2012, 15:40

I see the butthurt is still strong after being trolled.

Cochese
11-28-2012, 15:43

I see the butthurt is still strong after being trolled.

Butthurt must be a euphemism for calling out a liar.

Given the comparison between being a self admitted troll and a wannabe cop/UFC sensei I guess I can see your reasoning.

:upeyes:

smokin762
11-28-2012, 15:51

Beautiful dog.

I have some friends that have a German Shepard. He has a cool personality. They hold him while our kids hide from him. That dog starts whining and makes the worst crying sounds until they release him. He finds them pretty quickly too.

ray9898
11-28-2012, 15:56

I did one last week.:wavey:

Jgriggs
11-28-2012, 16:24
This incident does nothing to change my opinion of lawyers in general.

Well what about the attorney that will prosecute this guy? What about the attorney that will sentence him, all judges are attorneys. What about the attorneys that will oversee his disbarment?
Just speaking in generalities here, but it seems that lawyers are pretty well taking care of this guy.

rdrkt
11-28-2012, 16:28
You've never experienced people fighting over animals
As much as I hate to step in front of an internet argument.....

I really hope we aren't using a domestic over a dog's custody as a metric in the "you arent a cop until" thread.

Cochese
11-28-2012, 16:34

I really hope we aren't using a domestic over a dog's custody as a metric in the "you arent a cop until" thread.

He's (tantrix) not a cop until he actually becomes one somewhere other than his imagination.

Reyn
11-28-2012, 16:36
Guess that's one way to pick up a felony.

tantrix
11-28-2012, 16:43
He's (tantrix) not a cop until he actually becomes one somewhere other than his imagination.

Riiiight...because it's only the elite LEO's that hang out here. I guess the 21/yo officers I know in the small po-dunk departments making only $9/hr aren't actual officers either.

The high horses here are kind of disturbing.

You're actually not far off on that assessment. You aren't a cop here until you've done everything 'they' have, up to and including dog custody, drug cartels, and anything else you can think of. :rofl:

TBO
11-28-2012, 16:49
Not as disturbing as using the deaths of actual Cops to try and bolster a false claim.

jmho

tantrix
11-28-2012, 16:51
Not as disturbing as using the deaths of actual Cops to try and bolster a false claim.

jmho

Because you think it's false...again, not my problem. You guys didn't successfully bully someone into giving you the exact answer you wanted, and you don't like it.

The world is a tough place, you'll all live.

jakebrake
11-28-2012, 16:54
the whizzing contest aside, is it wrong that i want to beat on the scumbag with an axehandle until he expires?

TBO
11-28-2012, 17:01
Nope, only wrong to actually do it. :tbo:

NeverMore1701
11-28-2012, 17:06
Nope, only wrong to get caught!

TBO
11-28-2012, 18:48
Oh, he got caught :tbo:

itisbruno
11-28-2012, 18:59
Thank you smokin! Hard to believe he would lick you to death when not working.

They are magnificent animals, I cannot imagine being without at least one.

certifiedfunds
11-28-2012, 19:40
Nope, only wrong to actually do it. :tbo:

Illegal maybe but wrong is debatable.

Glock20 10mm
11-28-2012, 19:41

Ah! Look! Puppy wanna play! :rofl:

tantrix
11-28-2012, 19:47
I did one last week.:wavey:

Hmm...well considering that's a civil matter, what exactly did you "do"... :whistling:

TBO
11-28-2012, 20:12
Join a citizen's academy, you'll get up to speed on basics.

rednoved
11-28-2012, 20:15
Crazy.

tantrix
11-28-2012, 20:35
Join a citizen's academy, you'll get up to speed on basics.

Still means nothing. Clarify what LE can do in the case of 2 people fighting over a dog. Unless someone commits a crime, it's still up to the courts as for where the dog ends up.

NeverMore1701
11-28-2012, 20:38
Still means nothing. Clarify what LE can do in the case of 2 people fighting over a dog. Unless someone commits a crime, it's still up to the courts as for where the dog ends up.

Shoot it, then they can't fight about it any more. Duh.

:whistling:

MasterShake
11-28-2012, 21:34

No kidding! :rofl::rofl:

TBO
11-28-2012, 21:38
Check for a city/county/township dog license.
When they don't have one, ask who wants the ticket.

Call around, many places have programs that require no LE training, and you can even have a few things on your record.

If you do go for a ride along or citizen academy, please come back & post your experiences for others to share in.

Cochese
11-28-2012, 21:45
Riiiight...because it's only the elite LEO's that hang out here. I guess the 21/yo officers I know in the small po-dunk departments making only $9/hr aren't actual officers either.

The high horses here are kind of disturbing.

I never said any of these things, at any time.

They, much like your career, are from the depths of your keen imagination.

I'm just your basic run of the mill patrol officer. There are others that make more and less than I but do the same job. They went through an academy, are state certified and don't need to use someone else's photos to pass themselves off as LE then call it trolling when they get caught.

tantrix
11-28-2012, 21:55
Check for a city/county/township dog license.
When they don't have one, ask who wants the ticket.

Call around, many places have programs that require no LE training, and you can even have a few things on your record.

If you do go for a ride along or citizen academy, please come back & post your experiences for others to share in.

Dog license... :rofl:

Yeah, good luck with that. I don't know what world you patrol in, but here they're told it's a civil matter and take it to court. If we have to come out a 2nd time because they still won't stop fighting, somebody is going to be forced to leave or be arrested.

I'm just your basic run of the mill patrol officer. There are others that make more and less than I but do the same job. They went through an academy, are state certified and don't need to use someone else's photos to pass themselves off as LE then call it trolling when they get caught.

Again, you couldn't successfully get the info you wanted and all of your asses are still chapped about it. I'm fine with that.

And caught?? :rofl:

All of you were trolled from the beginning, plain and simple. It took exactly 5 seconds to Google those photos, and an entire 2 days for you guys to find them. And the best part is, I said about 15 pages before that I wasn't providing anything here and you guys kept on. I did reach my goal of 30 pages though.

How about not derailing this thread with your Cop Talk chest-thumping.

Cochese
11-28-2012, 21:57
Chest thumping. :rofl:

Congrats scooter. Good luck in your next pro UFC battle.

itisbruno
11-28-2012, 21:58
Check for a city/county/township dog license...

I NEVER let my silly dog drive

TBO
11-28-2012, 21:58
Dog license... :rofl:

Yeah, good luck with that. I don't know what world you patrol in, but here they're told it's a civil matter and take it to court. If we have to come out a 2nd time because they still won't stop fighting, somebody is going to be forced to leave or be arrested.

A real world Cop knows it's about problem solving, and how to think outside the box for solutions.
Spend some time in a volunteer LE program, it'll give you a great opportunity to open your eyes & broaden your horizons.

ray9898
11-28-2012, 22:00

Well you would also have to claim you are a deputy that works for your cousin who has been Sheriff for the last 12 years and you were on scene and took rounds to your patrol car the day two "SWAT buddys" were killed.

What was unexpected when people researched those facts and found there were only 4 Sheriff's in LA who had been in office that long and only one instance where 2 SWAT officers were killed together in that time frame. Amazingly the geography between any of those 4 SO's and the LODD's didn't match up.

NeverMore1701
11-28-2012, 22:01
I'm thinking I took the wrong track out of EMS, cops are much more entertaining :rofl:

tantrix
11-28-2012, 22:02
A real world Cop knows it's about problem solving, and how to think outside the box for solutions.
Spend some time in a volunteer LE program, it'll give you a great opportunity to open your eyes & broaden your horizons.

There's law, and you either following it or you're not. What I said still stands...if you think you as a LEO can do anything about 2 people having a dispute over a dog here, you're mistaken. Just as LEO's don't dictate who gets custody of a child, the same applies to material possessions...including pets.

I'm thinking I took the wrong track out of EMS, cops are much more entertaining :rofl:

I agree, the ones here are...they're borderline crazy.

Cochese
11-28-2012, 22:07

I was a medic before I was a cop. :rofl:

Cochese
11-28-2012, 22:08
I agree, the ones here are...they're borderline crazy.

Go suck a bag. We just call BS when we see it.

tantrix
11-28-2012, 22:10
Go suck a bag. We just call BS when we see it.

You had no BS to call, all assumption. You (and others) just wanted to stir **** by starting a witch hunt, got absolutely nowhere and now you all still have sand in your poons. :crying:

Cochese
11-28-2012, 22:12
I didn't start anything. I just listened and it all makes sense with your posting history and tendency to be an a-hole.

:dunno:

tantrix
11-28-2012, 22:14
I didn't start anything. I just listened and it all makes sense with your posting history and tendency to be an a-hole.

:dunno:

I believe all the a-holes were there long before I showed up. Wait a minute, that's exactly why I said I left Cop Talk the first time...imagine that.

Cochese
11-28-2012, 22:15
I never noticed you there from 2004. Hmmm.

itisbruno
11-28-2012, 22:20
This thread needs some love

:hugs:

ray9898
11-28-2012, 22:21
Hmm...well considering that's a civil matter, what exactly did you "do"... :whistling:

It technically was not a civil matter. The two were not married and lived together before breaking up. He purchased the dog prior to their relationship. I spoke to her on the phone, explained the situation and she brought the dog back.

Cochese
11-28-2012, 22:24
This thread needs some love

:hugs:

Hold me bro.

:hearts:

tantrix
11-28-2012, 22:24
I never noticed you there from 2004. Hmmm.

Yeah, I never was really into reading officer down threads all night and whining about all the "cop haters" in GNG.

It technically was not a civil matter. The two were not married and lived together before breaking up. He purchased the dog prior to their relationship. I spoke to her on the phone, explained the situation and she brought the dog back.

Sure...of he could prove ownership. If not, it's all he said, she said...which means I'm leaving and they can sue each other later.

Cochese
11-28-2012, 22:25
I imagine you have a heavy presence in the martial arts section. :rofl:

certifiedfunds
11-28-2012, 22:26
I NEVER let my silly dog drive

You don't know what you're missing

tantrix
11-28-2012, 22:32
I imagine you have a heavy presence in the martial arts section. :rofl:

Well, this is about as much of a "martial arts" forum as it is a LEO forum...which is, dismal at best.

Btw- You still need to fill me in on what a "UFC sensei" is. :rofl:

ray9898
11-28-2012, 22:35
Sure...of he could prove ownership. If not, it's all he said, she said...which means I'm leaving and they can sue each other later.

Well...he had papers, two credible witnesses and she admitted it on the phone. That was enough for me to make a decision.

tantrix
11-28-2012, 22:39
Well...he had papers, two credible witnesses and she admitted it on the phone. That was enough for me to make a decision.

Sounds like she didn't have a leg to stand on then.

TBO
11-28-2012, 23:13

But but but...