Bluetooth Music Players (Jawbone - Jambox) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Music Players (Jawbone - Jambox)

Viper16
11-27-2012, 12:29
Does anyone have any experience with the JAWBONE Jambox? the smaller one? I am looking for something for my wife to listen to in the bathroom when she gets ready or takes a bath. I want her to be able to use her iPhone with it as well. I have heard the Larger Jambox and was seriously impressed. Just didn't know about the smaller one, every review is pointing to it and one other similarly priced brand.

I would like something that can be powered by battery, small to fit on a little shelf hung on the wall, and can be carried around.

Dennis in MA
11-27-2012, 12:31
I think Jambox has a rechargable batt-ray. I got 2 for my girls for X-mas. It's their "big" present this year. The little one, BTW. I've heard it in stores. Sounds fine. Jawbone makes good stuff, so I bit.

mnhogrider
11-27-2012, 19:40
I've had mine for about a year. I'm guessing it's the small one (I didn't know there were two sizes). I bought it mainly for my reloading bench. I can listen to tunes and if a call comes in on my I phone, it works as a speakerphone too. Sound quality is great for it's size.

It travels well, easy to pack. Good for some music in boring hotel rooms.

I've also got a police scanner app. that I like using the Jambox with.

Deanster
11-27-2012, 19:54
It's perfect for that use, and a surprising number of others. We like ours a lot.

Angel
11-27-2012, 19:59
I have the jambox which is the small one. I picked it up new from craigslist for $125. That is a fair price. Anything more is too much. It sounds great has decent battery life and is a perfect size. The larger one is too big. It is plenty loud for your purpose. I highly recommend it

jmarkt
11-27-2012, 20:13
just happens i bought one today, not jawbone though. I had the Bose and once my daughter heard it....there it went. I listened to the jawbone but went with the JBL (99 bucks) at best buy, sounds awesome. Dr Dre makes a nice one for $199. If u want the best go with bose, its $299.

kc8ykd
11-27-2012, 23:29
i've had the small one since august, i use it at work all the time plugged into my laptop in lieu of real speakers.

i also use it at home while working on hobby stuff and when flying r/c stuff in the shop at work.

i've run it at high volume for 2 hours streaming bluetooth audio from my phone and the battery still reports at almost full. overall, it's a pretty fun little device that sounds pretty good. just make sure not to turn it up too too loud, it's amp will blow out the speakers if you don't watch it.

one caveat, if the music has a lot of bass and volume is up, the little speaker will walk around the surface it's on and if there's no lip on the shelf you want to put it on, it may end up on the floor.

Lowjiber
11-28-2012, 05:20
I have this one. Don't know if it's the large or small version.

I bought it when they first were available on-line...Nov 2010, I think. Works well, but I'm not sure the battery is Lithium, so I let mine get pretty low before charging to prevent memory.

Knighj1
07-03-2013, 21:09
just happens i bought one today, not jawbone though. I had the Bose and once my daughter heard it....there it went. I listened to the jawbone but went with the JBL (99 bucks) at best buy, sounds awesome. Dr Dre makes a nice one for $199. If u want the best go with bose, its $299.

For the 99 price the jbl flip blows away the competition. The dr. Dre pill is smaller, but at 199 it's not near as good as the jbl that is 100 cheaper. I like the Bose, but at 299 vs 99, I'm not sure it's that much better. I can have one in the garage, and 1 in the kitchen and the bedroom, or I could just have the bose in one of those places

Gaston Glock
07-04-2013, 18:01
I highly recommend the Bose. I've had mine a year and a half and use it 7 days a week. Used at work, kitchen and out at the pool. $300 is not cheap for such a small speaker, but the sound, depth, base and highs are excellent for such a portable, wireless speaker.

My personal device speaker journey has been similar to my EDC holster experience. I should have just spent the money the first time and I would have saved my time and money. Just my .02

cowboy1964
07-04-2013, 18:13
I recently got the Logitech Boombox for $119 at Target. It seemed to my ears to have the best sound for anything close to the price. It is not that small (which is good, for sound purposes!) but it's still small enough to pack away for trips. Battery lasts a good six+ hours.

Upstate Glocker
07-05-2013, 09:21
I've got the Jawbone Jambox. I throw it in a carry bag and take it everywhere. Its solidly constructed, unlike a lot of today's electronics, so I don't mind throwing it in the car, airplane overhead compartment, etc. Sounds great, long battery life, simple operation. As noted above there are other units on the market plus or minus a few bucks, but I would go with the Jambox for the high quality sound and construction.

btw, Jawbone also makes a great noise cancelling earpiece for Bluetooth connection to your cell phone. People tell me they can't notice whether I'm holding the phone or using the earpiece.

Viper16
07-05-2013, 09:56
I've got the Jawbone Jambox. I throw it in a carry bag and take it everywhere. Its solidly constructed, unlike a lot of today's electronics, so I don't mind throwing it in the car, airplane overhead compartment, etc. Sounds great, long battery life, simple operation. As noted above there are other units on the market plus or minus a few bucks, but I would go with the Jambox for the high quality sound and construction.

btw, Jawbone also makes a great noise cancelling earpiece for Bluetooth connection to your cell phone. People tell me they can't notice whether I'm holding the phone or using the earpiece.

Just Following Up...Got the wife a Jambox for the lake/bathroom while she runs the jacuzzi and gets ready in the mornings. She loves it, it sounds great, and the battery lasts a real long time. When using it for phone usage...the microphone and speaker work flawless, no echo's, no dropout, crystal clear transmissions.

tenforme
07-05-2013, 19:17
Had a Jawbone Jambox (the big one) for about 4 months. I tested everything else in the store and liked this the best. We take it everywhere and love it.

As others said its well built and rugged. The bi-directional controls work seamlessly with my BB'y Z10 and it works well as a speaker phone.