Bravo Company BCGs back in stock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Company BCGs back in stock

WoodenPlank
11-27-2012, 17:00
Just got the email and already snuck in an order. No idea how long this batch will last. Figured I'd give the GT crowd a heads up, especially in light of LMT announcing a 50% price hike on their BCGs.

Edit: Aaaand they are gone again. That didn't take long at all.

bmoore
11-27-2012, 17:32
Geez they go fast. I got lucky when I snagged mine.

Made in Austria
11-27-2012, 17:43
Damn, out of stock already. I ordered two of those cute little devils. Sorry guys :outtahere:

bigmoney890
11-27-2012, 18:02
especially in light of LMT announcing a 50% price hike on their BCGs.

wtf for?

WoodenPlank
11-27-2012, 19:52
wtf for?

Because they can (http://www.lmtstore.com/bolts-carriers-groups/bolts-carriers-and-groups-complete.html), apparently.

Chuck TX
11-27-2012, 20:00
50% price hike?

Good gravy!

WoodenPlank
11-27-2012, 20:02
50% price hike?

Good gravy!

Im shocked to see a company like LMT pull that kind of nonsense. I understand that demand is skyrocketing right now due to the Chicken Little syndrome going around, but 50% is insane. Unless the come out with some kind of justification, I'm looking at it as outright price gouging on their part.

bigmoney890
11-27-2012, 20:15
That's ridiculous

whitebread
11-28-2012, 08:28
Glad I picked up three spares last week. You gotta be quick to act on those emails - recently they have been lasting less than a half hour.

bmoore
11-28-2012, 09:42
Im shocked to see a company like LMT pull that kind of nonsense. I understand that demand is skyrocketing right now due to the Chicken Little syndrome going around, but 50% is insane. Unless the come out with some kind of justification, I'm looking at it as outright price gouging on their part.

I agree. That is just dumb. I remember not to long ago when BCM's were 139 and their standard uppers were 399. 20 bucks over a couple years is pretty standard I would imagine.

PVolk
11-28-2012, 09:51
How much did you guys recently pay for this wave of BCM BCGs?

I've been looking for a NiB Spikes BCG and got an e-mail from Spikes yesterday stating they would be backordered for at least another 90 days. Their phosphate BCG's are selling 20-40% over MSRP right now.

LAWDOGKMS
11-28-2012, 09:52
I agree. That is just dumb. I remember not to long ago when BCM's were 139 and their standard uppers were 399. 20 bucks over a couple years is pretty standard I would imagine.

Don't care, but curious why my quote is in your sig line??

"Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWDOGKMS
I paid $69 for a CMMG aluminum quad rail, that seems just as nice as anything out there..bought it at my local gun store.. "

Magelk
11-28-2012, 09:58
About a year and a half ago I bought my lmt bolt for 129. 192 now. I wish my pay ran up that fast.

bmoore
11-28-2012, 10:03
Don't care, but curious why my quote is in your sig line??

"Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWDOGKMS
I paid $69 for a CMMG aluminum quad rail, that seems just as nice as anything out there..bought it at my local gun store.. "

Because its an awesome quote. I will change it soon.

LAWDOGKMS
11-28-2012, 11:23
Because its an awesome quote. I will change it soon.

No worries..just didn't know if it was there by accident..

WoodenPlank
11-28-2012, 11:45
How much did you guys recently pay for this wave of BCM BCGs?

$159.99 plus shipping. Even though they are sold out, you can still see them (and pricing) on the BCM website. You can also click "Email me when back in stock" on the item page, and they will do exactly that. Just be prepared to jump on it immediately when you see the email. Also, I believe the email notice only lasts until it's back in stock the first time. After that, you have to sign up for the notice again.

Edit to add: Got the shipping notice from BCM this morning. Hopefully it'll be here by Saturday.

GSSF17
11-29-2012, 06:56
$159.99 plus shipping. Even though they are sold out, you can still see them (and pricing) on the BCM website. You can also click "Email me when back in stock" on the item page, and they will do exactly that. Just be prepared to jump on it immediately when you see the email. Also, I believe the email notice only lasts until it's back in stock the first time. After that, you have to sign up for the notice again.

Edit to add: Got the shipping notice from BCM this morning. Hopefully it'll be here by Saturday.

Good grab, Plank. Thanks for the thread. Disappointing about LMT though. 200 bucks for a bcg? Spikes did that nonsense in 2004 and pissed off a pile of people.....

Big Bird
11-29-2012, 13:42
Eh...if LMT can get $200 for a BCG more power to em....

If they can't keep them in stock at $200 they should raise their prices again. They are in business to make money. Any of you guys gonna bail em out financially if the bottom falls out of the AR market? Didn't think so...

bigmoney890
11-29-2012, 13:56
Although I think $200 is a bit steep, it's not like they're carrying an inferior product and marking it up. LMT is one of the best in the game. It'd be a little different if Del-ton was charging that much for a bcg. But $285 for their "enhanced" carrier is just plain dumb.

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 14:06

If they can't keep them in stock at $200 they should raise their prices again. They are in business to make money. Any of you guys gonna bail em out financially if the bottom falls out of the AR market? Didn't think so...

So price gouging is OK with you?

Good to know.

larson1122
11-29-2012, 16:03
They were back in stock today. I tried to order one 3 minutes after I received the email and they were already sold out.

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 16:30
They were back in stock today. I tried to order one 3 minutes after I received the email and they were already sold out.

Glad to see they still have batches tricking in, even if they are small ones.

brausso
11-29-2012, 16:32
I've missed them the last two days. I got my email notification and dropped what I was doing and ordered two more today. They usually sell out within 10 minutes. Crazy ****

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 16:35
I've missed them the last two days. I got my email notification and dropped what I was doing and ordered two more today. They usually sell out within 10 minutes. Crazy ****

Out of curiosity, did you order 2 because you needed them, wanted spares, or something else?

brausso
11-29-2012, 16:52
Out of curiosity, did you order 2 because you needed them, wanted spares, or something else?

I ordered two because I have an a completed upper/lower that I need a bcg for and I am working on another lower build which will result in me building or purchasing another upper in the near future. So technically one would be a spare for right now, but won't be much longer.

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 16:56
I ordered two because I have an a completed upper/lower that I need a bcg for and I am working on another lower build which will result in me building or purchasing another upper in the near future. So technically one would be a spare for right now, but won't be much longer.

Fair enough. I ordered the one I got earlier this week to finish off my PSA build instead of using the crappy DMPS bolt I had laying around. That DPMS can go back to being a spare now, and I will have BCM bolts in both ARs.

tampashooters
11-30-2012, 19:19
Core15 has M16 BCG's in stock for $129

WoodenPlank
11-30-2012, 19:21
Core15 has M16 BCG's in stock for $129

I'd be curious about who is making them. For an extra $30, I'll take a BCM over an unknown quantity.

tampashooters
11-30-2012, 19:25
I'd be curious about who is making them. For an extra $30, I'll take a BCM over an unknown quantity.

And you are free to spend your money wherever you want. I was just providing an option for folks that wanted a great BCG at a reasonable price.

WoodenPlank
11-30-2012, 19:28
And you are free to spend your money wherever you want. I was just providing an option for folks that wanted a great BCG at a reasonable price.

Nothin' wrong with that. Not for me, but thanks for posting it. As hard as BCGs are getting to find, someone probably needs one.

tampashooters
11-30-2012, 19:31
Nothin' wrong with that. Not for me, but thanks for posting it. As hard as BCGs are getting to find, someone probably needs one.

Core15 are made by GTO in Ocala, stop in and check them out... Newish gun makers, old boat makers. Making good stuff

Big Bird
11-30-2012, 20:16
So price gouging is OK with you?

Good to know.

Its not gouging if the public is willing to pay the price.

Don't like the price buy it somewhere else.

If you bought a house for $200k and sell it in 4 years for $300k are you price gouging? Is that unreasonable to make a 50% profit?

Hell no...

Is Colt price gouging because they charge hundreds more for their 6920 which is only arguably as good as several competitors? Hell no...they built their brand and people happily pay the premium for the name.

If LMT can get $200 for their standard bolt and can sell out at that price I'm saying they aren't charging enough. Simple economics.

You aren't entitled to a good price on a product just because you want it. You pay the price that the market bears.

LMT's business goal is to maximize profits. If they can make more profit in a high demand limited supply market they should. As I said--when the market for AR parts bottoms out are you going to send them a donation to keep them in business because they took one for the team and kept prices low during the boom market? Didn't think so...

humanguerrilla
11-30-2012, 21:09

MPI/HP/SP Carpenter bolt and 8620 carrier made to spec. No big trademark to junk up your gun. Looks good. Could even be made by the same supplier BCM uses...

BCM has been out of stock again for a couple days. They aren't kidding that some things sell out in minutes.

mjkeat
11-30-2012, 21:55
Coming from the same supplier doesn't always mean they'll be the same quality.

WoodenPlank
11-30-2012, 22:27
Coming from the same supplier doesn't always mean they'll be the same quality.

Yep. Some people do their own QC after the fact, or pay a little more to get first pick of each batch so they can get the best ones.

Chris Brines
12-01-2012, 11:17
Can someone tell me what parts, if any, ever need to be replaced on an AR15? I'd like to order a whole other backup BCG but honestly, I can't afford it right now. The reason I am asking is because I'd like to have a few "backup" parts just stashed away in case they actually do ban AR15's. I've heard of firing pins breaking, and gas rings needing to be replaced, so I am probably gonna order 1 or 2 more firing pins and maybe 1 or 2 sets of gas rings (that's about $20 from Bravo). Are there any other miscellaneous parts anyone would suggest getting a few extra of?

Didn't wanna start a new thread, so this one seemed appropriate for my question.

WoodenPlank
12-01-2012, 11:36
Can someone tell me what parts, if any, ever need to be replaced on an AR15? I'd like to order a whole other backup BCG but honestly, I can't afford it right now. The reason I am asking is because I'd like to have a few "backup" parts just stashed away in case they actually do ban AR15's. I've heard of firing pins breaking, and gas rings needing to be replaced, so I am probably gonna order 1 or 2 more firing pins and maybe 1 or 2 sets of gas rings (that's about $20 from Bravo). Are there any other miscellaneous parts anyone would suggest getting a few extra of?

Didn't wanna start a new thread, so this one seemed appropriate for my question.

I highly doubt AR-15s, or any other guns, are getting banned any time soon. Even if they were, parts would still be available. Look at machine guns - I can buy a full auto fire control group pretty easily. Hell, there are even match-grade FA trigger groups out there now for people with registered M16 pattern MGs.

Anyway, as for your question, gas rings are a must (2000-3000 round life), as are extractor springs (around the same, as I remember). Firing pin retaining pins are good to have, as they can be lost easily. A spare extractor wouldn't hurt, either.

If you only have the one AR-15, then an extra firing pin isn't a bad idea, along with extra fire control group springs. If you have multiple rifles of varying ages, then more spare parts overall is a good idea.

From there, it depends on how much you shoot. If you're hard pressed to burn through 1,000 rounds a year, then those should hold you over nicely for some time. If it's more like 3-5,000 a year, then an extra bolt (note - the bolt itself, not the carrier) might be a good investment. Get a complete one (extractor assembly, ejector, etc. already installed), and maybe a spare cam pin. That way if a bolt lug fails (10k rounds life expectency for a quality bolt), you have a spare ready to go.

If you shoot any more than than, even if it's across multiple rifles, then a full spare BCG, plus the parts above would be a sound investment.

Alternatively, you can upgrade a bolt in an existing AR, and keep the partly worn BCG as a spare, and just refurbish it with new gas rings and extractor spring. Unless it's really on it's last leg (ie: gas key coming loose, bolt lug showing too much wear or signs of cracking), this can easily tide you over until a replacement can be had in the event you have a BCG go bad.

That's exactly what I do, and it's paid off once already. My SBR upper houses a BCM bolt group, and I have a second arriving today to go in my 16" midlength build. I also have an old, crappy DPMS semi BCG (with recently replaced rings and extractor spring) sitting in the safe in a sealed bag for a spare. It's not ideal, but it will do in a pinch.

As for the rest of the gun, there's not a lot in the way of "wear items". A quality chrome lined barrel should last 10,000-20,000 rounds, sometimes more. Filthy 14 (Google, if you;ve never heard of it) is a classic, albeit slightly abnormal, example of this. Last I heard, it had broken 40k rounds on the original barrel. Buffer tubes rarely go bad unless it's due to abuse/misuse, same with buffers. Fire control groups might wear out (especially if some retard tried to lighten the pull and went overboard), but a quality one will last a long freakin' time, too.

In short, the average AR owner that shoots 1-2k rounds per year (or far less in many cases) will benefit (at least in peace of mind) from a spare set or two of gas rings, a firing pin retaining pin, and a replacement extractor spring set (spring, insert, and o-ring if needed). Maybe toss in some spare FCG springs, and call it good.

Chris Brines
12-01-2012, 12:34
In short, the average AR owner that shoots 1-2k rounds per year (or far less in many cases) will benefit (at least in peace of mind) from a spare set or two of gas rings, a firing pin retaining pin, and a replacement extractor spring set (spring, insert, and o-ring if needed). Maybe toss in some spare FCG springs, and call it good.

Thanks. Yeah, currently I am one of those 1-2K a year shooters. That's just because I honestly don't have the time to hit the rifle range nearly as much as I'd like to. But I do plan to start shooting my AR alot more in the future (hopefully sooner than later). Eventually, I'll start reloading .223/5.56 so I can afford to shoot more.

So I guess I'll order a few sets of gas rings, firing pin retaining pin, a firing pin or two.

Honestly, I'd say I'm only at about the 300-400 round count on this rifle, and I got it in March. I have never once taken apart the BCG and thoroughly cleaned it (AR15 newbie, don't really even know what the inside of the BCG looks like). I built the lower, but the upper came completely assembled already. I think sometime in the next day or so, I'll find a good video on how to disassemble, clean, and reassemble the BCG, so I at least know what all of those parts you just mentioned are. If you know of a good video on this, let me know. The gas rings look like "snap rings" are there any special tools needed for installing these?

Oh one more question, I got my upper from JSE Surplus, but if I am not mistaken it was made by Del Ton. Does it matter if I order BCM parts? All mil spec parts are the same, correct?

WoodenPlank
12-01-2012, 12:57
If you know of a good video on this, let me know. The gas rings look like "snap rings" are there any special tools needed for installing these?

Oh one more question, I got my upper from JSE Surplus, but if I am not mistaken it was made by Del Ton. Does it matter if I order BCM parts? All mil spec parts are the same, correct?

Don't know a good video, but it's not hard to find one - or figure out how to take it apart.

The 3 gas rings look kinda like snap rings, yes. Just a small screwdriver and a couple minutes is all you need to change them. Just walk them off the bolt one at a time. (Edit: The quick and easy way to tell when they need replacing - remove the entire BCG from the upper. Pull the bolt away from the carrier until it is fully extended. Stand the bolt head on a flat table, bolt face down. If the carrier collapses down onto the bolt head, it's time for new gas rings. If it stays extended, you're good to go.)

Fitment of the parts will be the same, but quality may not be. Del-Ton doesn't have the most rock-solid reputation out there, honestly. That said, any BCM replacement parts will fit your current bolt carrier group just fine, and are likely to be an (albeit minor) upgrade.

G23Adam
12-01-2012, 14:16
For a good spares kit, when this comes back in stock:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/repair-kits/ar-15-field-repair-kit.html

WoodenPlank
12-01-2012, 14:44
For a good spares kit, when this comes back in stock:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/repair-kits/ar-15-field-repair-kit.html

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't trust PSA to have all the parts in that kit.

larson1122
12-04-2012, 16:59
They're back in stock again, I finally snagged one after playing the cat and mouse game for the last few weeks.

tampashooters
12-04-2012, 17:58
They're back in stock again, I finally snagged one after playing the cat and mouse game for the last few weeks.

Out of stock already...

mgs
12-05-2012, 08:17
Just got a carbine gas tube from BCM.....very nice part and price. Arrived quickly but shipping was a bit high for a 6 ounce part. I would order more of their parts when needed.

WoodenPlank
12-05-2012, 08:56
Just got a carbine gas tube from BCM.....very nice part and price. Arrived quickly but shipping was a bit high for a 6 ounce part. I would order more of their parts when needed.

BCM does flat rate shipping for small orders. If I'm ordering something small from them, I usually try to grab some spare parts or other small stuff to make it worth the shipping fee.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

KSUGLocker
12-05-2012, 17:01
In stock again. Just bought one.

KSUGLocker
12-05-2012, 17:03
they're gone.

kdstang
12-05-2012, 21:01
I'm not understanding the huge shortage of BCGs, are people just hording them, like they'll ever be restricted? Maybe some people think they need to swap em out like mags after every 30 rounds.

Warp
12-05-2012, 22:16

I agree.

Supply/demand. And it's not like any of these companies have a monopoly on these things or anything. If they sell out in 5 minutes every time, that means the price is too low.

You of course rare free to believe they shouldn't raise their prices to match demand, and you are even free to stop doing business with them if they do so.

It's a (mostly) free market, after all.

WoodenPlank
12-05-2012, 22:51
I agree.

Supply/demand. And it's not like any of these companies have a monopoly on these things or anything. If they sell out in 5 minutes every time, that means the price is too low.

You of course rare free to believe they shouldn't raise their prices to match demand, and you are even free to stop doing business with them if they do so.

It's a (mostly) free market, after all.

Raising prices to match demand is fine. I have no objection to the fact that BCM has raised their price $10 since I bought a bolt group earlier this year. Raising prices 50% in one shot just smacks of price gouging, though.

Warp
12-05-2012, 22:53
Raising prices to match demand is fine. I have no objection to the fact that BCM has raised their price $10 since I bought a bolt group earlier this year. Raising prices 50% in one shot just smacks of price gouging, though.

The $10 price increase does not match demand.

Foxtrotx1
12-06-2012, 00:18
Core15 are made by GTO in Ocala, stop in and check them out... Newish gun makers, old boat makers. Making good stuff

What are the specs?

brausso
12-06-2012, 00:46
Just received my two new bcg's from bcm. Does anyone else notice the substantial amount of wear on the "test fired" bcg's? I have a few others from bcm, but none of them look nearly as used even after a few hundred rounds as the ones I just received.

The primary wear is showing on the bottom of the bolt carrier along the normal wear spots. No big deal if I was buying it used, but there is not way what I'm seeing is normal wear from test firing. I'd have to speculate a couple hundred rounds.

I read the same issue over on M4C. thoughts?

WoodenPlank
12-06-2012, 00:57
Just received my two new bcg's from bcm. Does anyone else notice the substantial amount of wear on the "test fired" bcg's? I have a few others from bcm, but none of them look nearly as used even after a few hundred rounds as the ones I just received.

The primary wear is showing on the bottom of the bolt carrier along the normal wear spots. No big deal if I was buying it used, but there is not way what I'm seeing is normal wear from test firing. I'd have to speculate a couple hundred rounds.

The last one I got showed a lot of brass transfer on the bolt face and the raceway on the bottom of the carrier. It could easily be a result of the HPT on the bolt head and test firing with cheap/low quality brass ammo. The one I got last week didn't have any serious wear that I noticed, though, other than the brass transfer.

*ASH*
12-06-2012, 00:57

damn that sucks , id be pissed .

WoodenPlank
12-06-2012, 01:08
I just checked mine again, and there's almost no wear. A little brass transfer on the bottom of the carrier, and a pretty solid amount on the bolt face. Other than the two brass streaks on the bottom of the carrier, though, it's in pristine condition. I didn't clean the BCG after I got it, just soaked it in SLIP 2000 and put it in a sealed bag to sit in the safe.

Can you post some photos, brausso?

KSUGLocker
12-06-2012, 08:17

There is a small gunshop here in town that produces their own AR lowers. When I first saw them last Jan the price on a stripped lower was $119. Not too bad for a local product. I went in the the other day to pick one up. 60 day wait and price is now $185 for the same receiver.

Not worth the premium to get one with my hometown stamped into it.

brausso
12-06-2012, 13:00
I just checked mine again, and there's almost no wear. A little brass transfer on the bottom of the carrier, and a pretty solid amount on the bolt face. Other than the two brass streaks on the bottom of the carrier, though, it's in pristine condition. I didn't clean the BCG after I got it, just soaked it in SLIP 2000 and put it in a sealed bag to sit in the safe.

Can you post some photos, brausso?

These are crappy pics, but I think you get the point

First pic is "new" bcg just received yesterday. I'm not the kind of guy that cares if my firearms are dirty or get scratched. That's what I have them for is to use them. That being said, if I'm purchasing new, I expect it to be test fired new and that's it.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-D2EtMN6LswU/UMDqAJifi2I/AAAAAAAACeI/mOVSa-pGz90/s800/2012-12-06_09-51-03_547.jpg

This is a pic of one I purchased new about 4 months ago and has around 300 rounds on it. Looks like it's never been fired.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-oD95Qo3qQb4/UMDqZ1VWV7I/AAAAAAAACeQ/B3E6A_2-7NM/s800/2012-12-06_10-56-26_549.jpg

WoodenPlank
12-06-2012, 13:12
Yours looks very similar to mine, just the streaks look longer. I'm pretty sure what you're seeing is just some kind of transfer from brass cases onto the bottom of the carrier during test firing. I've seen it on bolts after shooting cheap (usually import) brass cased ammo. If you use some good gun cleaner and scrub I bet most of it will come off pretty easily.

tampashooters
12-07-2012, 19:21
What are the specs?

core15.com

Foxtrotx1
12-08-2012, 02:45
core15.com

Batch tested.

Big Bird
12-08-2012, 07:02
That's not wear that's brass transfer from the test fire. Put a little gun solvent on it and it will go away.

My only gripe about BCM stuff is they put their stupid logo on everything now. The bolt I got from them has their logo. Their Bolt carrier has their logo. Their stupid gunfighter grip has their logo. Crap...enough with the branding.

WoodenPlank
12-08-2012, 07:38
That's not wear that's brass transfer from the test fire. Put a little gun solvent on it and it will go away.

My only gripe about BCM stuff is they put their stupid logo on everything now. The bolt I got from them has their logo. Their Bolt carrier has their logo. Their stupid gunfighter grip has their logo. Crap...enough with the branding.

A few years ago, during the first Obama panic, there were cases of smaller companies buying up parts from somewhere and selling them off as their own brand, usually at a steep markup since parts were getting scarce. I think the recent trend in branding more parts has been a direct result of that, as it's an easy way to make sure someone can't pass off your company's parts as theirs.

Plus, it's cheap advertising for them. In most cases, it doesn't bother me. The BCM logos on the Gunfighter grip and charging handle are both very unobtrusive, and the BCM logo(s) on their BCGs aren't that bad. With the gun assembled, all you can see is the BCM on the side of the carrier.

The BCM markings on the bolt are recent, though. The BCG I got in May didn't have a bolt with the logo, but the new one I got 2 weeks ago does.

Warp
12-08-2012, 11:37

It's nice to be able to identify stuff.

Lots of fakes and misrepresentations out there.

You can't see any of the logo on the charging handle when it is resting in the closed position, which is where it will almost always be. Even in use I doubt people are reading the logo, it's basically just visible/readable when it is out of the gun

Made in Austria
12-08-2012, 11:40
I have four BCM BCG now. One of them looks a feels different, not sure what that means though. It functions flawlessly, reliability and ejection pattern couldn't be any better, so far.

Rooster Rugburn
12-08-2012, 15:21

I get tickled at brand whores painting their rifle camo, but taping off the BCM logo on their upper so it doesn't get covered.

I'll be the first to admit that I use RRA, Stag, and BM for coyotes because I didn't want to paint a Colt or BCM, but it just strikes me as funny that they want to paint it camo, but leave the BCM logo showing.

Warp
12-08-2012, 15:41
I get tickled at brand whores painting their rifle camo, but taping off the BCM logo on their upper so it doesn't get covered.

I'll be the first to admit that I use RRA, Stag, and BM for coyotes because I didn't want to paint a Colt or BCM, but it just strikes me as funny that they want to paint it camo, but leave the BCM logo showing.

Calling them names clearly indicates that you are better than them.

Rooster Rugburn
12-08-2012, 15:53
Calling them names clearly indicates that you are better than them.

That goes without saying. I AM better than them. Much better.

It's not bragging when it's true.

mjkeat
12-08-2012, 15:58
Who cares if it has hairy balls and a rainbow flag on it. Is it quality?

Warp
12-08-2012, 17:28
Apparently a lot of people care about other shooter's rifle's rollmarks.

tampashooters
12-08-2012, 17:50
Who cares if it has hairy balls and a rainbow flag on it. Is it quality?

Well... i would have to draw the line at those....

Warp
12-08-2012, 18:07
Speaking of which...what do you guys think of the Spikes logo?

mjkeat
12-08-2012, 18:18
Another, who cares.

I did have an American flag laser engraved on the side of a lower once.

I'll be honest and say I haven't always been that way. I once purchased tan model paint and was going to color fill my LWRC lower. Never went through w/ it however.

irishbum
12-08-2012, 18:37

I believe he is referring to the two um,well a, you knows. Just gingerly touching.

Foxtrotx1
12-09-2012, 17:26

it's just a logo IMO. I can see the phallic symbols, but honestly, quality trumps a ****ty logo.

bmoore
12-09-2012, 17:33

I think its horrible.

Warp
12-09-2012, 17:34
it's just a logo IMO. I can see the phallic symbols, but honestly, quality trumps a ****ty logo.

Yeah...but it's not like Spikes is the best quality, or there aren't a ton of other options that are as good/better

Foxtrotx1
12-10-2012, 02:18
Yeah...but it's not like Spikes is the best quality, or there aren't a ton of other options that are as good/better

Not the best, but some of their stuff at least meets the TDP.