picked up my DD TODAY . [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : picked up my DD TODAY .

*ASH*
11-27-2012, 23:35
met and bought from fellow GTER - BOOMHOWER . rifle as stated , great transaction , sucky weather and raining but im satisfied , now i gotta buy some stuff lol .

thanks BOOMHOWER , and stay safe down there . scary town

pics

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/DSCN5360-Copy.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/DSCN5358.jpg

boomhower
11-27-2012, 23:47
Enjoy it!!! Some folks online think it's funny I use a mag coupler on my AR, I think you understand why after a drive through.

WoodenPlank
11-27-2012, 23:54
You two poor buggers wouldn't happen to be near Greensboro, Charlotte or Fayetteville, would you?

bigmoney890
11-27-2012, 23:59
You two poor buggers wouldn't happen to be near Greensboro, Charlotte or Fayetteville, would you?

Ha those are the only three places in NC that actually have a hint of ghetto/scary. But i'm putting my money on Fayettenam

WoodenPlank
11-28-2012, 00:07
Ha those are the only three places in NC that actually have a hint of ghetto/scary. But i'm putting my money on Fayettenam

They're not the ONLY places, but they are definitely on the top of the list.

You definitely don't wanna see somewhere like East Laurinburg, though... :wow:

Cole125
11-28-2012, 00:07
Congrats on the great rifle. :cool:

I'd suggest a better optic, though. Sort of comical to have a TruGlo on a DD!

LawScholar
11-28-2012, 00:14
Welcome to the club, enjoy what is, in my opinion, equal to any AR-platform rifle on the market and superior to most.

My M4V1 Serial number 642 says hi! :D

*ASH*
11-28-2012, 01:14

agreed , im looking for one lol .

*ASH*
11-28-2012, 01:15

agreed , im looking for one lol .im searching for one , any suggestions ??

WarEagle 1
11-28-2012, 03:51
agreed , im looking for one lol .im searching for one , any suggestions ??

Nice rifle what V is it? If you don't mind spending some money go with the trijicon srs or you can't go wrong aimpoint.

*ASH*
11-28-2012, 04:36

agreed :whistling::supergrin::supergrin:

LL6
11-28-2012, 06:45

In the late 90s I had the misfortune of working a gig while living in Charlotte. It had me staying in the Holiday Inn Express for 9 mo in R'ham. That whole area including Laurinburg was like entering the Twilight Zone.:wow:

In so far as the three you mentioned G'boro is 'almost' not bad enough to be listed. Charlotte on the other hand...ouch. We had a corporate hottie up from our ATL headquarters who got lost in downtown Charlotte so she stopped and asked a group of homeboys where Tyrone street went. Had to be Freudian. :rofl: She was lucky she made it to the office unscathed.

SigFTW
11-28-2012, 07:18
Very nice!! Congrats *ASH* :thumbsup:

bmoore
11-28-2012, 09:47
Very nice rifle. You just missed some good deals on Aimpoint PRO's. Maybe someone can comment if they are still out there.

EDIT----Yep I just tried MidwayUSA and they are in stock. Promo code for the Aimpoint is AR151135, that gets you one for 365 shipped. Pretty hard to beat.

M&P15T
11-28-2012, 09:55
Well, which one? Which version?

WoodenPlank
11-28-2012, 12:20
In the late 90s I had the misfortune of working a gig while living in Charlotte. It had me staying in the Holiday Inn Express for 9 mo in R'ham. That whole area including Laurinburg was like entering the Twilight Zone.:wow:

In so far as the three you mentioned G'boro is 'almost' not bad enough to be listed. Charlotte on the other hand...ouch. We had a corporate hottie up from our ATL headquarters who got lost in downtown Charlotte so she stopped and asked a group of homeboys where Tyrone street went. Had to be Freudian. :rofl: She was lucky she made it to the office unscathed.

Nah, Greensboro sucks hard. I never went within a block of the mall there without being HEAVILY armed. I had an ex girlfriend that worked there, and there was a string of robberies at night after closing. Someone was working the parking lot and robbing women as they came out with the night deposit for whatever store they worked in. There was also a shooting in the middle of Baby Gap while she was working, all over an argument of some kind.

Also, check your PMs.

bigmoney890
11-28-2012, 12:45
Nah, Greensboro sucks hard. I never went within a block of the mall there without being HEAVILY armed. I had an ex girlfriend that worked there, and there was a string of robberies at night after closing. Someone was working the parking lot and robbing women as they came out with the night deposit for whatever store they worked in. There was also a shooting in the middle of Baby Gap while she was working, all over an argument of some kind.

Also, check your PMs.

Greensboro is pretty rough, but I think fayetteville takes the cake because of how much area the scum has concurred there. Basically the whole city is ghetto, but the outlying raeford and linden aren't too bad.

Also, OP, if you are anywhere within a reasonable drive from Lillington, and find a nice range, please let me know. The ranges in the fort bragg/lillington area are either overcrowded or outrageously priced.

WoodenPlank
11-28-2012, 12:51
Greensboro is pretty rough, but I think fayetteville takes the cake because of how much area the scum has concurred there. Basically the whole city is ghetto, but the outlying raeford and linden aren't too bad.

Also, OP, if you are anywhere within a reasonable drive from Lillington, and find a nice range, please let me know. The ranges in the fort bragg/lillington area are either overcrowded or outrageously priced.

Raeford is just as bad. There are definitely nicer parts to Fayetteville, you just have to look a little more. Down side is they are all a block or two from places you don't wanna go.

plouffedaddy
11-28-2012, 13:10

Tyrone... Tryon... Honest mistake :faint:

bigmoney890
11-28-2012, 13:11
Down side is they are all a block or two from places you don't wanna go.

That's why I HATE Fayetteville and Spring Lake.

WoodenPlank
11-28-2012, 14:04

:rofl:

That's why I HATE Fayetteville and Spring Lake.

Why do you think I moved to Florida when the opportunity presented itself?

LL6
11-28-2012, 14:55

When she told us how she finally found us she was clueless until we told her it was Tryon. I think it was the priceless look on her face which sent us over the edge.

She had the entire office sobbing on the floor trying to catch their breath. The more we tried to stop the harder we laughed. :rofl:

boomhower
11-28-2012, 15:30
I don't like posting the exact city I'm in but it's smaller than those listed. It's in the Richmond/Scotland/Moore county area.

LL6
11-28-2012, 15:39

Also, check your PMs.

That's why I said 'almost.' G'boro has had its times and places, but between Charlotte and GSO I found CLT much worse. No comparison.

To clarify about the R'ham area, not really picking on it except to say within a few weeks of arriving I had the hook-up "if I wanted" on everything from stolen motorcycles, video poker, and high end counterfeit apparel.

Seemed everyone I met was dealin' and the whole area was a thoroughfare for stolen or illegal enterprise of all sorts. I was also personally warned about Laurinburg. Been so long now I don't remember exactly what the warning was about. Of course my 9 mo didn't qualify as being a local so I'm sure perspectives could be a bit different.

There were a few bright spots. One was a little blond business lady in R'ham that almost stole my heart. Unfortunate it couldn't be worked out because she was married. :whistling:

Of all the places I've lived and worked I found Tampa (specifically Drew Park) the worst. I had to clear with .45 in hand my bldg not once, but twice in less than two months because it had been broken into after we closed. TPD wouldn't even hang around in case of trouble. :dunno:

irishbum
11-28-2012, 15:56
not to hi-jack but. I run a collection agency out here in Kansas City and we collect for ER doctors Forsyth/Winston Salem area. Well after knowing nothing about NC and reading the towns you guys listed as "hood", it helps to understand a lot. I agree that most the people we talk to from the cities that have been listed are ghetto!

Back on topic
Nice flip'n AR sir

WoodenPlank
11-28-2012, 16:02
That's why I said 'almost.' G'boro has had its times and places, but between Charlotte and GSO I found CLT much worse. No comparison.

To clarify about the R'ham area, not really picking on it except to say within a few weeks of arriving I had the hook-up "if I wanted" on everything from stolen motorcycles, video poker, and high end counterfeit apparel.

Seemed everyone I met was dealin' and the whole area was a thoroughfare for stolen or illegal enterprise of all sorts. I was also personally warned about Laurinburg. Been so long now I don't remember exactly what the warning was about. Of course my 9 mo didn't qualify as being a local so I'm sure perspectives could be a bit different.

There were a few bright spots. One was a little blond business lady in R'ham that almost stole my heart. Unfortunate it couldn't be worked out because she was married. :whistling:

Of all the places I've lived and worked I found Tampa (specifically Drew Park) the worst. I had to clear with .45 in hand my bldg not once, but twice in less than two months because it had been broken into after we closed. TPD wouldn't even hang around in case of trouble. :dunno:

Sounds about typical of Rockingham. As for Laurinburg, I'm sure the warning was something along the lines of "Stay FAR away."

LL6
11-28-2012, 20:29
That was the general gist.

boomhower
11-28-2012, 23:46
R'ham and Laurinburg haven't changed.

WoodenPlank
11-28-2012, 23:48
R'ham and Laurinburg haven't changed.

I was in Laurinburg last week. It'll never change, unless it is to get worse.

glocksalot
11-29-2012, 01:35
What's wrong with fayetteville? I only arrest two a night down here lol btw nice choice on a rifle

*ASH*
11-29-2012, 17:46
well i will say ive been to The Rock many times, but never to Laurinberg , and i must say unless Boomhower has any more great deals on firearms i wont be back . :wavey:

i will add this , i had my glock in the car , wife was with me , before we met up we stopped at burger king to eat , we were waiting to order and some dude there was selling bootleg movies right in burger king :rofl:

i said what kinda movies you got ? he said ohh im selling gospel cd's:rofl:

then there was the dude with a hoodie walking behind our car yelling and talking to himself .

all i can is stay safe Boomhower

*ASH*
11-29-2012, 17:48
What's wrong with fayetteville? I only arrest two a night down here lol btw nice choice on a rifle

im 25 miles from Fayettenam , been going down there for years , back growing up us kids loved the army surplus stores ,

now i only go down to Jims .

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 17:51

Just two?

im 25 miles from Fayettenam , been going down there for years , back growing up us kids loved the army surplus stores ,

now i only go down to Jims .

Skip Jim's, go to Shooters. :whistling:

wolf19r
11-29-2012, 18:58
Congrats!

*ASH*
11-29-2012, 19:17
Just two?

i heard someone else mention them , where are they in relation to jims ?? looking for a new pistol thus weekend might have to check em out .

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 19:21
i heard someone else mention them , where are they in relation to jims ?? looking for a new pistol thus weekend might have to check em out .

Just off base, 5103 Bragg Blvd. Not that far from Jims, really.

bigmoney890
11-29-2012, 20:23

+1. Those guys treat me awesome when I go in there. Just as long as you don't tell him you know Plank, you'll be good :tongueout:

WoodenPlank
11-29-2012, 20:34
+1. Those guys treat me awesome when I go in there. Just as long as you don't tell him you know Plank, you'll be good :tongueout:

This...

:whistling:

glocksalot
12-01-2012, 02:11
Just two?

yeah two is my limit for a day...mans gotta eat :cool:

and Shooters is top notch, John is a great guy and gives me free parts sometimes when i happen to misplace the originals haha

TangoFoxtrot
12-01-2012, 05:26
not to hi-jack but. I run a collection agency out here in Kansas City and we collect for ER doctors Forsyth/Winston Salem area. Well after knowing nothing about NC and reading the towns you guys listed as "hood", it helps to understand a lot. I agree that most the people we talk to from the cities that have been listed are ghetto!

Back on topic
Nice flip'n AR sir

Its ok it went from the OP's new DD rifle to the ghettos of the south.

whitebread
12-02-2012, 08:54
How are you guys talking about rough areas of NC without mentioning Durham??? There are a few areas there that I will not drive through...the type of places where if you get a flat tire, you keep on driving. To the west of the 70 and 98 intersection comes to mind. SW Durham near MLK isn't too savory either - lived there for three months and GTFO.

OP - very nice gun. Doesn't get much better than DD. V3?

WoodenPlank
12-02-2012, 09:26
yeah two is my limit for a day...mans gotta eat :cool:

and Shooters is top notch, John is a great guy and gives me free parts sometimes when i happen to misplace the originals haha

If I can't do it myself on an AR, John is the only person I'm letting touch it. He may well be the best kept secret in the state for working on the AR platform, if not the entire south-east.

How are you guys talking about rough areas of NC without mentioning Durham??? There are a few areas there that I will not drive through...the type of places where if you get a flat tire, you keep on driving. To the west of the 70 and 98 intersection comes to mind. SW Durham near MLK isn't too savory either - lived there for three months and GTFO.

OP - very nice gun. Doesn't get much better than DD. V3?

Mostly because I avoid the entire Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area like the plague. :whistling:

whitebread
12-02-2012, 09:44
Mostly because I avoid the entire Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area like the plague. :whistling:

Touché.

WarEagle32
12-02-2012, 12:09
I have a V5 LW that I bought a couple months ago and put an Aimpoint PRO on it and it is now the favorite firearm I own. It is basically better than most and as good as any as previously stated. I love my DD! I am thinking of putting my PRO on my S&W and buying a Micro to put on it to have one if the lightest rifles made. Sincere congrats on yours.

camelotkid
12-02-2012, 15:34
Congrats on picking up the DD Ash! Fed ex says mine should be at my FFL Tuesday