Anyone Build Knives from Kits like those at KNIFEKITS.COM?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Build Knives from Kits like those at KNIFEKITS.COM??

Nalapombu
11-28-2012, 03:43
Hey all.

Been thinking of trying a knife kit or 2 from Knifekits.com. Some of them look really nice. The only problem is that I have never done anything like that.

If you have done it, how about posting some pics of your work? Do you know of a place where others that build kits can go and ask questions?

I'd like to hear from others that build these kit knives. I have also wanted to try some of the Scandi knife blades too. That also looks like it would be enjoyable. Anyone tried these knife blades and doesn't mind giving their opinions?

Thanks for the time.

Nalajr

Bren
11-28-2012, 04:19
I keep thinking I want to build one too, but have never gotten around to it. I like their Delta 5 Series.

mac66
11-28-2012, 05:59
When each of my sons came of age (first deer hunting trip) I built them a hunting knife with their names and the date engraved in them. That was about 10 and 12 years ago. The kits were similar to the drop point hunter kits. I also built a full tang large bowie knife for myself (looks cool, pretty much useless). I didn't get them from www.knifekits.com but they look identical to the ones there. They are pretty easy to do