Looks like my turn to hunker down... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looks like my turn to hunker down...

Glock20 10mm
11-28-2012, 09:55
http://www.weather.com/news/weather-forecast/california-flood-threat-20121126

High possibility I will see snow at home as we are at 2600+ feet.

huskerbuttons
11-28-2012, 10:28
Stay warm dry and safe. Be sure to post some pictures once you and your family are safe.

m2hmghb
11-28-2012, 12:04
Be safe man. We're still cleaning up after Sandy and athena(easier to say then that stupid effed up winter storm).

Glock20 10mm
12-03-2012, 10:59
Well, the storm is over and we made it out fine. Two small leaks in the cabin roof and one of my smaller solar arrays had the frame collapse, but it appears none of the panels were damaged. We had gusts of wind yesterday morning that were hitting easily 80-90MPH and that's the main reason we had the two leaks in the cabin. Wind drove the rain under the shingles and tar paper.

Our rain gage showed a whopping 16.25" of rain over the last 4 days. Friday and yesterday were the days we saw the heaviest rain fall. Our lower property where the water truck goes to load up with water needed some minor clearing of trees and some trenching to re-route water. I don't have any photos, and really the damage was pretty minor. Actually very little considering the ferocity of the storm.

Today is partly cloudy and cold. So the solar panels will be working pretty efficiently! We were seeing about 150W of production at 0730 this morning. This makes me very happy! So we should have a pretty decent production day.