Direct TV vs DISH vs ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV vs DISH vs ?

Willard
11-28-2012, 13:21
Hi all!

I did a search and didn't find this on GT.

I am dumping cable TV (Charter). Considering Direct TV, or DISH. I need to access the GT Braintrust. What are your experiences, recommendations, other options?

Thanks!

md2lgyk
11-28-2012, 13:46
I have no experience with Dish, but have had DirecTV for more than ten years. No complaints at all. I have moved four times during that period, and they relocated my service promptly (and at no charge) every time. Where I live, even though summer thunderstorms are common, it rarely goes out. And when it does, it's only for a few minutes. I can live with that (have to) since there's no cable service here.

I do have a lot of channels I never watch, several not even in English, but that's because when I originally signed up, I told them I didn't care what package I had as long as it included the Military Channel (and HGTV for the wife).

Bren
11-28-2012, 13:57
Hi all!

I did a search and didn't find this on GT.

I am dumping cable TV (Charter). Considering Direct TV, or DISH. I need to access the GT Braintrust. What are your experiences, recommendations, other options?

Thanks!

I've had cable and DirecTV. I now only watch internet streaming sources. I pay only for the shows I want to see and they are all commercial free. Basically, my cable costs me an annual subscripotion to Netflix and maybe $2-4 a week when a show is in season for first run TV series I want to watch. In all, that's a year for about the price of 2 months of DirecTV and I never have to watch a commercial.

TBO
11-28-2012, 13:59
Neither are mil-spec.

Sent from the capacitor of my Taser using Tapatalk 2

JMS
11-28-2012, 15:07
Direct is better than Dish. FIOS is better than Direct.

Sharkey
11-28-2012, 15:43
Direct Tv blows. Dumped. Them and went to Uverse. Much happier and cheaper.

Resqu2
11-28-2012, 16:46
I had a similar thread a few weeks ago, the GT brain trust had me go with DirecTv and I love it so far.

Willard
11-28-2012, 16:49
Resqu2, could you give me a link to your thread? I didn't find it with "Search".

Glock&KimberLady
11-28-2012, 16:58
I have DirecTV. Being out in the boonies, cable is not an option. (i wish, if only for the internet speeds.). Other than having to occasionally get snow off the dish itself, and the very occasional fargle with programming, no problems. I get annoyed when my hockey games are blacked out, but whatever.

Neither company will install at my condo as the roof is more than 25' off the ground. :shocked:

A buddy of mine had Dish for a while, switched to DirecTV. He likes it far more.

Resqu2
11-28-2012, 17:18
Resqu2, could you give me a link to your thread? I didn't find it with "Search".

www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453647

:wavey:

FH Alum
11-28-2012, 20:32
Direct TV won't pony up to get the Pac-12 channel. This is a huge FAIL. Not being able to see you team play when broadcast just sucks. My pop just switched to Dish because of this.

I have Comcast so I am OK but I was looking into a sat plan so I could have a dish with my RV and not being able to watch OSU play away games is a deal killer.

If I recall they have had issues with other channels as well.