NY: Infowars group vs TSA at ALB, deputy backs the peons. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NY: Infowars group vs TSA at ALB, deputy backs the peons.

Gallium
11-29-2012, 05:03
What a conundrum.

Do I cheer for the police because they are stomping one on in the TSA?

What did Dragoon say someone else say? "The enemy of my enemy is my frienemy?" :supergrin:

TSA OPT OUT & FILM: DEPUTY SHERIFF PROTECTS 1ST AMENDMENT AT ALBANY AIRPORT - YouTube

Cliffnotes:

Buncha hipsters are handing out flyers advising folks they can opt out of full body scans.
TSA dude (non uniformed) tells em they have to leave, they refuse,
he summons the sheriff's office...
deputy tells em they are exercising their right(s), tells the TSA dude...no can do.

The Maggy
11-29-2012, 12:36
notice the old man ask the officer to officially get their names and then he winks.

slimy.

mnglocker
11-29-2012, 13:31
The TSA is nothing more than the futuristic version of the brown shirts.

OlliesRevenge
11-29-2012, 13:59
Do I cheer for the police because they are stomping one on in the TSA?

Heck yeah! That cop is great, he deserves respect and
support.

The TSA is ridiculous, and it's getting worse. When I fly I'm usually with my young daughter... when she was 4 she even became upset as a result of one of their ridiculous policies.

I have witnessed their practice of posting the biggest goon on duty in front of the security area, simply to glare at people as they pass (I go out of my way to smile, say hi, and ask that guy how his day is going).

I will always opt out of the body scanner.

I haven't yet witnessed it but their practice of testing peoples' drinks for explosives inside the secured gate area is ridiculous -- as is the apparently new practice of yelling at people to "Freeze!"... inside the secured area.

fnfalman
11-29-2012, 14:10
I'm confused. Is the old pop with TSA or is he with the Airport?

frank4570
11-29-2012, 14:17
Does the tsa have authority over ever airport, or does each airport get to make it's own rules in their facility?

javelinadave
11-29-2012, 14:20
I think they mentioned he was the airport PR guy. If that's so they need an actual PR guy, not him. He is bad at public relations and would be better suited as a dictator.
ALB TSA has a mobile goon squad that tests drinks inside of security. I watched them pounce on a guy who they witnessed buying a bottle of water from the gift shop. He turned and returned the water bottle for a refund before the even broke the seal to test it.

SixDemonBag
11-29-2012, 15:25
Definitely not hipsters....probably closer to anti-gov conspiracy nuts.

mnglocker
11-29-2012, 15:28

What's anti-gov about trying to uphold the constitution and keep government operating within the scope and constraints of the constitution?

If you're opposed to that, you're opposed to the set of ideals and laws this country was founded on; hence you are the anti-government one.

The Maggy
11-29-2012, 15:36
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7tP8VFCUAAEcpv.jpg:large

All she needs is some jacked up teeth and a Bravia.

fnfalman
11-29-2012, 15:37

Let me guess...you voted for either Obama or Romney, right?

fnfalman
11-29-2012, 15:38
I'd hit it. Oops, I mean, I'd take that pamphlet from her.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7tP8VFCUAAEcpv.jpg:large

All she needs is some jacked up teeth and a Bravia.

frank4570
11-29-2012, 15:42
Can somebody please explain something to me? Doesn't the airport have the right to kick them out if they want to? I would think the TSA has its own rules concerning safety, but the airport is actually owned by somebody who is NOT the tsa.

TransAm-98
11-29-2012, 15:44
Was that Alan Alda?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyh_bFHyhYwW_MX0EX5QbnwhHbXd2aBy7GZNhl_to3OdCi7GQG

Spiffums
11-29-2012, 15:48
Im surprised the TSA dude didn't pull the ole I'm a Federal Agent and your a local cop......RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!

badge315
11-29-2012, 15:49
I'm (pleasantly) surprised that the deputy had the stones to actually follow the law and not simply defer to the Airport Authority/TSA. I'm sure the PR guy was a bit miffed that he wasn't able to utilize the deputies as his personal goon squad.

The Maggy
11-29-2012, 15:58
Can somebody please explain something to me? Doesn't the airport have the right to kick them out if they want to? I would think the TSA has its own rules concerning safety, but the airport is actually owned by somebody who is NOT the tsa.

Very few large airports are not "public" places. I say "public" because of the controlled access. Either way, they are usually owned and operated by the city, county, or state.

seanmac45
11-29-2012, 16:14
Tagged to watch the video later.

NeverMore1701
11-29-2012, 16:17
There's good cops all over the place, we just don't hear about 'em because it's not as exciting as the few bad ones.

SCHADENFREUDE
11-29-2012, 16:20
Nice to see a respectful and competent LEO. I hope he has a long and prosperous career.

As for the TSA, they are the brown shirts. Coming to the highways, railroads, and Wal-marts near you.

Don't live in fear folks. Resist tyranny.

Rabbi
11-29-2012, 16:21
There's good cops all over the place, we just don't hear about 'em because it's not as exciting as the few bad ones.

I can save a thousand lives and not even get one thankyou...but I screw up just one thing (or someone thinks I screwed up one thing) and I get complained on.

It is still a wicked cool job.

Gallium
11-29-2012, 16:50
I can save a thousand lives and not even get one thankyou...but I screw up just one thing (or someone thinks I screwed up one thing) and I get complained on.

That is the mantra for my job. Do 99 things right, but **** up one very small inconsequential detail, and I am flying commercial (traveller plus, thankfully) back home, while everyone else is on the charter. :faint:

Glocksanity
11-29-2012, 17:13

Thank you!!

NeverMore1701
11-29-2012, 17:15

I can relate, though we probably get more appreciation than you guys!

Glock20 10mm
11-29-2012, 17:22
Im surprised the TSA dude didn't pull the ole I'm a Federal Agent and your a local cop......RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!

That right there is what make the TSA illegal....

concretefuzzynuts
11-29-2012, 17:25
In 2006 I was strip searched to complete nudity at the Newark Int Airport because the rivets on my jeans set off the metal detector.

The TSA has too much power and not enough common sense.

I am a white male who often is mistaken for military or LEO because of my appearance.

ERASER
11-29-2012, 17:29
I noticed that he kept his ID tucked in his shirt pocket.

I wish those kids would have asked the old guy for HIS identification, name, agency, and position. I would have paid to see the look on his face if the kids requested that the deputy ask HIM for the same information that he DEMANDED that the kids produce.

So the old fool want to shut down the entire area because the kids were doing nothing wrong? And the kids could still hand out their pamphlets? That man need to retire.

Bureaucrats are so arrogant and self-important.