Secret margarita recipe. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Secret margarita recipe.

waterman1971
11-29-2012, 15:05
Anyone care to share some ideas?

Gun Shark
11-29-2012, 15:13
It's a secret.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

bigchuck83
11-29-2012, 15:37
my recipe is simple use jose cuervo traditional lime margarita mix and Camarena tequila. serve on the rocks. works very well for those i've served it to.

MtBaldy
11-29-2012, 15:39
I've posted this before but I'll share. This will make probably the best margarita you've ever had.

Your tequila needs to be 100% agave and good quality. I use Sauza Hornitos Reposado. Some will say you should only use silver tequila but we like the Reposado. Cointreau is what you use, other orange liquers are not the same. Mexican or Key limes are preferred if you can find them. If not don't sweat it. Ice is a component of the drink. If your ice out your refrigerator is not high quality then buy a bag.

Salt your glasses by wiping the rims with a cut lime and then dip them in a shallow dish with margarita or sea salt in it.

Fill your cocktail shaker half full with ice. Then fill it most of the rest of the way with:

3 parts tequila
2 parts Cointreau
1 part fresh lime juice

How much of each depends on the size of your shaker. Shake the drink vigorously for 30 seconds, this gets them very cold and dilutes the drink with melting ice. Put a few ice chunks in each margarita glass and strain the drink into the glasses. Enjoy but be careful, they will take you out in a hurry.

waterman1971
11-29-2012, 16:09
Thanks for the input.

I just made a batch with...

3 parts Jose traditional mix
1 part Jose silver tequila
.5 part cheapo orange liqueur
1 splash Rose's lime juice

Too damn sweet.

Jonesee
11-29-2012, 16:12
How about the real Margarita, not the icy cocktails sold as a margarita.
Original recipe from 1948 by Margarita Sames

2 oz. tequila
1 oz. Cointreau
squeeze of one lime.

Shake with ice to mix and pour
very smooth, very tasty, very deadly.

GLWyandotte
11-29-2012, 16:40
I've posted this before but I'll share. This will make probably the best margarita you've ever had.

Your tequila needs to be 100% agave and good quality. I use Sauza Hornitos Reposado. Some will say you should only use silver tequila but we like the Reposado. Cointreau is what you use, other orange liquers are not the same. Mexican or Key limes are preferred if you can find them. If not don't sweat it. Ice is a component of the drink. If your ice out your refrigerator is not high quality then buy a bag.

Salt your glasses by wiping the rims with a cut lime and then dip them in a shallow dish with margarita or sea salt in it.

Fill your cocktail shaker half full with ice. Then fill it most of the rest of the way with:

3 parts tequila
2 parts Cointreau
1 part fresh lime juice

How much of each depends on the size of your shaker. Shake the drink vigorously for 30 seconds, this gets them very cold and dilutes the drink with melting ice. Put a few ice chunks in each margarita glass and strain the drink into the glasses. Enjoy but be careful, they will take you out in a hurry.

Sounds great!
I am also an ice snob. I HATE crappy ice, especially refrigerator ice.
I will try that margarita this weekend.

syntaxerrorsix
11-29-2012, 16:46
Use good tequila, real limes, a little triple sec and just a drop of bitters.

.264 magnum
11-29-2012, 16:53

3 parts tequila
2 parts Cointreau
1 part fresh lime juice

Read no more.....this is your answer. Tiny tweaks and adds may work for you but stick close to MtBaldy's recipe. Freeze the booze and glasses in advance. Put the limes in the frige in advance as well. Try adding a micro-triffle of cayenne and sugar in with the sea salt as well.

syntaxerrorsix
11-29-2012, 16:55
Read no more.....this is your answer. Tiny tweaks and adds may work for you but stick close to MtBaldy's recipe. Freeze the booze and glasses in advance. Put the limes in the frige in advance as well. Try adding a micro-triffle of cayenne and sugar in with the sea salt as well.

Stellar idea.

concretefuzzynuts
11-29-2012, 17:36
MtBaldy is 100% spot on. I'll add - don't use cheap booze in any drink and expect a high quality taste. Spend the extra bucks.

GreenDrake
11-29-2012, 17:39
No mixes, only fresh squeezed lime, pure agave tequila and cointreau, shaken. No salt, nothing else, on the rocks.

jtull7
11-29-2012, 17:50
NO MIXES! MtBaldy has the perfect recipe. Once again, NO MIXES!

JerryVO
11-29-2012, 17:56
How about the real Margarita, not the icy cocktails sold as a margarita.
Original recipe from 1948 by Margarita Sames

2 oz. tequila
1 oz. Cointreau
squeeze of one lime.

Shake with ice to mix and pour
very smooth, very tasty, very deadly.

This but I use Grand Marnier instead of Cointreau. And it needs to be fresh squeezed lime juice not that real lime crap in the green plastic lime.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

waterman1971
11-29-2012, 18:01

3 parts tequila
2 parts Cointreau
1 part fresh lime juice

User name bring back memories, raised in Alta Loma.

cs133atom
11-29-2012, 18:06
All natural for me...no mixes..or garbage like that...

Shot o Tequila (or 2) - Juice from half a lime - 2 teaspoons Agave Nectar - Ice Shaken...Triple Sec Optional...Clase' Azul all the way!

http://www.tequila.net/images/stories/jreviews/tn/tn_50_clas_azul_reposado_tequila_1174198789.jpg

Buy it Here (http://pacificonlinespirits.com/clase-azul-reposado-tequila.aspx)

Cheers!!!

MtBaldy
11-29-2012, 18:11
Try adding a micro-triffle of cayenne and sugar in with the sea salt as well.

Oooh, I like that. Will have to try it next we do margaritas.

MtBaldy
11-29-2012, 18:12
User name bring back memories, raised in Alta Loma.

It's a small hill undeserving of the name Mount in western NY. I lived on it but didn't know of the one in CA you're probably thinking of when I picked a user name.

MtBaldy
11-29-2012, 18:14
Sounds great!
I am also an ice snob. I HATE crappy ice, especially refrigerator ice.
I will try that margarita this weekend.

Let me know how they come out.

Havasu
11-29-2012, 18:23
Thanks MtBaldy, I'm going to try your recipe. I agree with you about the tequila. I don't like using blanco or gold. The best is Reposado and my favorite is Avion. It's good sippin' also.

benz mechanic
11-29-2012, 20:30
I like to add some Presidente brandy to a top self margarita for a "Presidente margarita". I also like to add a few oz of beer to the blender and mix up some margaritas. you wont taste the beer at all try it on a small batch

JMS
11-29-2012, 20:43
Some will say you should only use silver tequila but we like the Reposado.

I'm a fan of Patron, I have silver/anejo/reposado/platinum and have had Burdeos, I still enjoy the silver the most. I just drink mine straight (out of the freezer) followed by a lime wedge, that's my margarita :supergrin: