Another Trayvon Martin? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another Trayvon Martin?

RustyL
11-29-2012, 18:29
I am not trying to stir up any crap in here, I just wondered upon this.
Mr. or Miss Moderator if this is not the place please move or delete.

Good grief, teenage kids and loud music, why so thin skinned? The guy says he saw a shotgun or something but when police get there, they find nothing.
Why did he run?

http://www.newsmax.com/US/shooting-florida-dunn-trayvon/2012/11/28/id/465767

stolenphot0
11-29-2012, 18:35
Well the media wants to try and make it another Martin issue, but if everything in the story is true, then this doesn't sound like a SYG case.

Did the kids have time to ditch the shotgun before cops showed up? Did the kids flee the scene also and then call cops?

RustyL
11-29-2012, 18:44
Hopefully they had it on camera at the station.

*ASH*
11-29-2012, 18:49
Hopefully they had it on camera at the station.

yeah there is more to this story , hopefully they had good quailty cameras and not grainy ones . and witnesses .

it dont look good at all , no other weapons found,
dude takes off .why shoot 9 times and try to run .

dude is going down on this one .

Patchman
11-29-2012, 18:50
If he was LEO, whether on-duty or off-duty, he'd already be crucified and hung.

Yeah, he'd better hope they have cameras at the gas station, and at least one of the cameras captured the scene in question.

czsmithGT
11-29-2012, 20:01
This won't end well for the shooter.

Throwing 8 shots into an SUV then driving 160 miles home and telling the cops the next day he didn't think he hurt anyone, just scared them, is ridiculous on the face of it.

I won't jump to the conclusion he was drunk, but he was coming back from a wedding reception with his gf who went into the store to buy some wine.

"Mind your own business" instead of mouthing off to a carload of strangers about their loud music may have been a wiser choice.

If he IS telling the truth about the shotgun he better hope they find it and have something on tape to back up his story or else he is toast. Regardless, the anti-gun crowd will have more ammunition.

Frankly I'm guessing if someone in the car had brandished a shotgun they would have shot him sometime during his grabbing the pistol in his car and unloading 8-9 shots into the SUV.