New ‘Intelligent’ Rifle That Claims to Give You a Perfect Shot Every Time [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New ‘Intelligent’ Rifle That Claims to Give You a Perfect Shot Every Time

Captain Ron
11-30-2012, 12:14
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/see-the-new-intelligent-rifle-that-claims-to-give-you-a-perfect-shot-every-time/

fnfalman
11-30-2012, 12:37
Sweet!!!

Bren
11-30-2012, 13:37
Seems to be based on the common myth that people miss the target because their aim is off.

To make this mean what they say, they need to invent a rifle that measures the range, reads the wind, adjusts your scope, and doesn't move between the time the trigger breaks and the bullet leaves the barrel - that would actually mean something.

Dragoon189
11-30-2012, 13:46
What is the guess for a price point? 10k for the civilian model?

F14Scott
11-30-2012, 13:50
Seems to be based on the common myth that people miss the target because their aim is off.

To make this mean what they say, they need to invent a rifle that measures the range, reads the wind, adjusts your scope, and doesn't move between the time the trigger breaks and the bullet leaves the barrel - that would actually mean something.

True.

But, this system would eliminate flinch and fires the weapon precisely when the scope is perfectly on target. I'll bet it tightens up off-hand groups considerably in the average shooter.

Bren
11-30-2012, 14:25
True.

But, this system would eliminate flinch and fires the weapon precisely when the scope is perfectly on target. I'll bet it tightens up off-hand groups considerably in the average shooter.

True, if the shooter doesn't know exactly when it's going to fire.

TK-421
11-30-2012, 14:53
Or, people could buy the basic version of the rifle, without the extra electronics, and spend the difference on ammo, and learn how to properly use the rifle?

More electronics means more stuff that can break. I'd much rather have a regular 700, rather than this new fancy gizmo.

BEER
11-30-2012, 16:28
Or, people could buy the basic version of the rifle, without the extra electronics, and spend the difference on ammo, and learn how to properly use the rifle?

More electronics means more stuff that can break. I'd much rather have a regular 700, rather than this new fancy gizmo.

if everyone had your attitude we'd never have made it past hand cannons.

Spiffums
11-30-2012, 16:57
Will it track with my eye like the cannon on Blue Thunder?

janice6
11-30-2012, 17:27
Cool. Technology marches on.

Progress is good, even a little at a time.

Soon, with a couple of different color lasers, compensating for windage and poor visibility will take the next step, similar to improving a telescope picture of the heavens by compensating the optics for distortions and environmental variations..

matt_lowry123
12-01-2012, 06:20

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ithaca_deerslayer
12-01-2012, 18:42

If you'd properly learn how to use this sword, we wouldn't be having this conversation. . .

If you smash rock good, you no need sword. . .

Me no need fancy rock, me hit fist!

happyguy
12-01-2012, 19:21

I still shoot a recurve bow. :embarassed:

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

BEER
12-01-2012, 19:46
I still shoot a recurve bow. :embarassed:

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

well your ancestors were perfectly fine just throwing their sharp sticks at each other by hand. i swear, you kids and your fancy shmancy technology! :upeyes: