Is your vehicle clean? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is your vehicle clean?

okie
11-30-2012, 15:05
I had been neglecting washing my pickup for a bit, took her down and had her detailed this afternoon, now I'm ready to go pick up the chicks:supergrin:

Jefs
11-30-2012, 15:10
Clean rides are the way to go. Go get 'em Okie. :wavey:

Gregg702
11-30-2012, 15:11
Mine is pretty clean with the excption of some water bottles in the back seat. I am planning on getting it detailed next month.

NeverMore1701
11-30-2012, 15:12
Yep. The last one didn't rate getting cleaned on the outside (except for the glass), but the new one is clean inside and out.

aircarver
11-30-2012, 15:35
Three words: Texas Mud Rain

tous
11-30-2012, 15:48
okie, your truck is white.
It will always look smudgy, no?

You do her up in RealtreeŽ and the smudgy blends right in.

<--- will get car washed tomorrow

wrczx3
11-30-2012, 15:50
Always spotless.

Glock20 10mm
11-30-2012, 15:55
Just washed it last night. Put an order in for 60+MPH gusting wind and torrential rain to Gaia and she delivered in spades! Truck is all nice and clean now!

hogfish
11-30-2012, 15:56
Nope. Never. :wow:

okie
11-30-2012, 16:03
okie, your truck is white.
It will always look smudgy, no?

You do her up in RealtreeŽ and the smudgy blends right in.

<--- will get car washed tomorrow

You are right as rain, Doug:supergrin:

rppnj
11-30-2012, 16:03
My 2006 Ford F150 5.4L XLT Super Crew is always clean...except after my Grandchildren have spent the day with me...but that's OK...I just wash off all the sticky fingerprints after they're gone!

HollowHead
11-30-2012, 16:04
One of the things I was taught years and years ago was to never hire someone until you saw the cleanliness (not price, model or age) of their car. HH

jtmac
11-30-2012, 16:14
One of the things I was taught years and years ago was to never hire someone until you saw the cleanliness (not price, model or age) of their car. HH

My car is filthy. I don't make my bed, either.

My employers love me. I keep my roommate's kitchen spotless.

CBennett
11-30-2012, 16:25
No I dont think ive washed it over 10 times since I owned it. Its a 2006 Hyundai Sonata..its just not anything I can get into as far as giving a crap about its appearance..too mundane and blah...works well id recommend it for a daily driver and reliable transport but its just BLAH...I cant get up and want or desire to actually clean it...same with the car before that....A Subaru Forester...same old BLAH deal..now ive owned cars I actually liked, thought were cool, and took pride in in the past A Mustang, a Taurus SHO..those 2 cars I actually LOVED to clean...I was meticulous with them I ALWAYS wanted them to look good and always got compliments on them.

Here is to hoping my next car can be another car I really LIKE and not just some BLAH piece of basic transportation...I WANT a cool car..just too hard to get with all the stuff I want on it they either suck for MPG or too expensive lol...Id like something NICE looking,Sporty,AWD or 4x4 that gets 25+ MPG highway. And a Sonata isnt that :)

so no its neither clean nor do I care lol :)

coastal4974
11-30-2012, 16:42
I enjoy detailing my cars. Today besides cleaning the interior, I took out the spare tire to clean underneath it, cleaned the gas cap and engine compartment. I'll be removing the wheels to clean behind them tomorrow and Monday I'm going to clay bar and rejex.

I try not to go overboard though :supergrin:

sciolist
11-30-2012, 16:53
They were before I started shooting, but they are full of range dirt now. I just can't keep up with it. Guess I need to get a truck...

HollowHead
11-30-2012, 16:57
I enjoy detailing my cars. Today besides cleaning the interior, I took out the spare tire to clean underneath it, cleaned the gas cap and engine compartment. I'll be removing the wheels to clean behind them tomorrow and Monday I'm going to clay bar and rejex.

I try not to go overboard though :supergrin:

Did you check the air in the spare? I did the exact same thing to my wife's '06 last week and the 60psi doughnut was at 15... HH

Annhl8rX
11-30-2012, 16:58
My truck is almost never clean. The inside is usually pretty clean, but I only wash the outside once or twice a year.

Annhl8rX
11-30-2012, 17:01

My employers love me. I keep my roommate's kitchen spotless.

My wife and I are both that way. We're very organized and detail oriented at work, but the complete opposite at home.

HollowHead
11-30-2012, 17:04
My wife and I are both that way. We're very organized and detail oriented at work, but the complete opposite at home.

Same here. Our cars and workplace are tidy but if our house was a motel, I'd demand my money back. HH

eracer
11-30-2012, 17:06
My truck is almost never clean. The inside is usually pretty clean, but I only wash the outside once or twice a year.
:wow::shocked::rofl:

coastal4974
11-30-2012, 17:08
Did you check the air in the spare? I did the exact same thing to my wife's '06 last week and the 60psi doughnut was at 15... HH

Yep, I did. I really need to check the tires more often though.

fusegsp
11-30-2012, 17:09
The inside is clean. The outside? Well, the car is white and I live on a gravel road.

tous
11-30-2012, 17:10

My employers love me.

Never invited them over to the house, huh?

:tongueout:

Things I care about, my multitude of computers, books, firearms and Twinkie collection are clean and meticulously maintained. Things I don't care about, which is mostly everything else, is in jtmac condition.

BamaBud
11-30-2012, 17:12
Yep, all of them.

coastal4974
11-30-2012, 17:13
Guys tend to keep their cars clean and house not so much. Gals, just the opposite.

Generally speaking of course.

tous
11-30-2012, 17:16
Guys tend to keep their cars clean and house not so much. Gals, just the opposite.

The Femi-Nazis know where you live. :scared:

costanza187
11-30-2012, 17:53
I try to keep mine clean, but I can go to the car wash and it will be dirty by the time I get home. The interior stays clean though.

paynter2
11-30-2012, 17:55
I took my poor truck to the car wash today. I spent $8 (quarters) to use the high-pressure wand. I had to get the ice off of it - I bet I had 500# of ice on that truck when I got home Thanksgiving day.

I drove trough snow and freezing rain for 130 miles. Twice I had to stop to scrape the mirrors - the rear tires must have been throwing cold water/ice onto them. I never thought much about heated mirrors before - but they would have been nice that night.

After 4 rounds of the high-pressure wand I ran the truck through the auto-wash - looked great. There was still some ice in the wheel wells, but I was out of quarters.

So I drove home on the salt covered roads - it looks better than when I left. But, it isn't good. Winter in MN.

Tomorrow I'll put the plow on it and be ready for the first storm. We already have about 10" on the ground. But, the soil isn't frozen yet. I'll drive over that snow tomorrow to pack it - then the next cold spell will drive the frost down into the ground.

JerryVO
11-30-2012, 17:59
I use to be fanatical about keeping my car clean. Weekly quick wash / interrior detail and vacuum, twice a year clay bar and wax, the whole shabang. Now with 2 young boys it has been nicknamed the rolling dumpster and it gets washed when it rains. I will sneak out to the coin op car wash at lunchtime when I can but that's about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Paul_J
11-30-2012, 18:04
Yes, it rained today and washed the layer of Texas dust off of it. I'm good for a while!

jtmac
11-30-2012, 18:13

:rofl:

As long as they stay out of my bedroom, they'll think I'm like a Spartan Martha Stewart.

My boss (a high-energy, fastidious guy) asked me for a ride one day while his car was being worked on. I apologized ahead of time for my car being dirty, but he said he didn't care. It was in just the sort of condition where I could get away without being called a slob... except that apparently after I'd arrived at work a very large, ugly roach decided to turn over and die on my shifter boot.

Boy did I look classy.

Things I care about, my multitude of computers, books, firearms and Twinkie collection are clean and meticulously maintained. Things I don't care about, which is mostly everything else, is in jtmac condition.

My problem is that I am a neurotic perfectionist about things (a little OCPD, maybe). I was ALL ON when it came to keeping things in perfect order and lined up and straight and clean and free of damage or blemish etc so forth. My mother did have to tell me to clean my room as a kid, but even then there was some kind of order. But when it came to anything like having too much stuff and not enough places to sort it all properly... or just too many things to keep in perfect order... well, the stress would kill me if the time to keep it up wouldn't. I had to teach myself to let go. I can be ALL ON or I can be ALL OFF, but I still have yet to find a real balance. When it comes time to clean or organize, I let it turn on and I attack, but then I have to stop before I get to the details. If I let it run rampant I'd have a toothbrush in the corners to get every. single. speck out, and then I'd have to sand and repaint the walls to fill in the pits from my toothbrush scrubbing and then I'd have to take the drywall down and start again because I noticed the corner wasn't quite right and then I'd realize that the wall in the house itself wasn't EXACTLY square and you can't just correct that because once you did there'd still be that stray hole in the concrete that I'd never see would be there but I'd know, so time to just buy a new house and--

This is why I had to stop collecting things. I could never keep it perfect enough. Ever. *twitch*

So I had to teach myself to stop caring.

Steel Head
11-30-2012, 18:59
No.
Mud outside and mud inside along with a bunch of other crap strewn about:faint:

costanza187
11-30-2012, 19:38
My problem is that mine is black. I swear I spent $10 at the carwash, on a sunny day and I managed to get dirt on it before I got home.

Black paint shows EVERY flaw.

vafish
11-30-2012, 19:43
You're supposed to clean cars?

I thought that's what rain was for.

vart
11-30-2012, 19:43
I wash mine every 3-4 days... Driving 150 miles a day and dry, dusty air really shows on a blue car...

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy35/idowa/Fusionava.jpg

vafish
11-30-2012, 19:44

You haven't seen my house or my car then.

Gregg702
11-30-2012, 19:45
My problem is that mine is black. I swear I spent $10 at the carwash, on a sunny day and I managed to get dirt on it before I got home.

Black paint shows EVERY flaw.

I owned a black car once....once.

sierrafast
11-30-2012, 21:13
Always clean. Serously, I also own a black car and it's a love and hate relationship.

ChuteTheMall
11-30-2012, 22:04
No, my old black truck is a truck, not a fetish.

TxGlock9
11-30-2012, 22:54
Heck no. But when I get my C6 Z06 you can bet your ass it will be clean all the time..

Gonzoso
11-30-2012, 23:26
The passenger compartment in my Subaru is clean and I vacuum it regularly. I wash the outside regularly. I check the oil and fluids, belt tension etc every time I get gas while the tank is filling.

I take care of my stuff, I worked to hard for it not to.

I also can't stand a messy car. I dated a crazy hippy chick with a sloppy car for a few years. Can't stand it and I won't date someone who keeps their car that gross ever again.

My room however looks like a sporting goods store exploded. knives, arrows, biking, running, hunting gear and motorcycle stuff everywhere.

Never food products and I would bug the **** out if I ever saw a roach in my personal effects. :steamed:

50 Cent
11-30-2012, 23:30
I'm always "ridin' dirty"

Radam3
11-30-2012, 23:38
In the warm months, I hand wash it every weekend. In the cold ones, I'll hit a drive through wash at least once every two weeks. So yea, I tend to keep it clean...

Before you can lead, you must refuse to follow

I'm gone
11-30-2012, 23:38
All my cars and trucks are clean.

Trapped_in_Kali
12-01-2012, 00:41
Car & work truck: inside yes, outside.... It just rained so cleaner than average.

Badger54
12-01-2012, 00:54
I wash mine every couple months but I live is Seattle so the rain keeps the exterior clean pretty consistently. The inside could use a vacuum and detail though.

stevelyn
12-01-2012, 01:41
I take the trash out of it on occassion, other than that, it's a truck.

mymini40
12-01-2012, 04:06
Im glad youre proud of it!:rofl:

NEOH212
12-01-2012, 04:32
Funny, I just got done changing my oil, trans fluid, fuel filter, and washing my car.

Yes, my vehicle is clean. I don't get ridiculous about it like some people do as I view vehicles as tools. As such, I rely on them and you can't expect a abused and ill maintained tool to perform well and last a long time.

I don't mind if they don't look new and show some wear but I like to take care of them and keep them clean. Weather it be wrenches or cars, they need to be taken care of reasonably well.

:supergrin:

eracer
12-01-2012, 04:38

Things I care about, my multitude of computers, books, firearms and Twinkie collection are clean and meticulously maintained. Things I don't care about, which is mostly everything else, is in jtmac condition.I always knew you were one of the smarter people here on GT. But you had the foresight to amass a twinkie collection?

You're rich, biatch!!

:bowdown:

M&P15T
12-01-2012, 07:39
Cars, being a "car guy" (or girl) is a person to person thing. Some people enjoy taking care of their vehicles, some don't.

My baby just got new boots (tries) and a fresh $100 oil change....which I did myself, of course. The original tires lasted 13k miles, about 3k longer than they normally last. I actually do not drive my car that hard that often. Pay someone to detail it? ****** no!!! Why would I pay someone to do something I enjoy doing?

Taken while enjoying Sky Line Drive in Virginia, with forest fires blazing in the valley below, causing the smokey haze you see.
http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae41/pugcra/SKYLINE/DSCF0103.jpg

Jake514
12-01-2012, 07:55

I have often thought this and agree 100%.