If Every U.S. State Declared War Against the Others, Which Would Win? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : If Every U.S. State Declared War Against the Others, Which Would Win?

Happypuppy
11-30-2012, 16:30
Ok your thoughts and why?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/quora/2012/11/27/civil_war_who_would_come_out_on_top_if_the_united_states_all_declared_war.html

I say Texas. Size economy and resources (oil)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gallium
11-30-2012, 16:35
Alaska. Who the hell is gonna go up there to fight?

happy seal
11-30-2012, 16:38
Well Duh! R.I. would win.

http://youtu.be/0G7PgMdirio

HollowHead
11-30-2012, 16:39
New Jersey. What other state would actually want it? HH

CAcop
11-30-2012, 16:41
Alaska. Who the hell is gonna go up there to fight?

America's Siberia.

CA has pretty defensible borders with the Sierras to the East, Cascdes to the North, and the Great Basin to the South. It is why a lot of the illegals crossing the border have moved to AZ.

czsmithGT
11-30-2012, 16:45

http://www.slate.com/blogs/quora/2012/11/27/civil_war_who_would_come_out_on_top_if_the_united_states_all_declared_war.html

It was an interesting read- he could polish it up to make a good novel. Reading the comments was entertaining as well.

Spiffums
11-30-2012, 16:45
Which states have nuke launch sites in them? Sooo after those states take out the rest then you can work on the answer.

Glock20 10mm
11-30-2012, 16:48
Mexico and Canada... because after we killed ourselves off enough we would be too weak to hold them back.

gwalchmai
11-30-2012, 16:49
Superman can beat up Batman.

Halojumper
11-30-2012, 16:51
If history is any indication, it would likely be one from the north!

czsmithGT
11-30-2012, 16:53
Which states have nuke launch sites in them? Sooo after those states take out the rest then you can work on the answer.

The warheads near you.

Looks like my state is SOL :(

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/11/map-nuclear-bombs-power-weapons

roberev
11-30-2012, 16:53
If it is a conventional war fought by citizens using their own arms, it has to be Texas.

If the state gets to use the military resources already there, it's going to be Virginia. We have the biggest naval base, amphibious forces, multiple fighter bases, greater variety of nukes, and Seal Teams. We also are the state with the highest number of registered machine guns, so I think we have California outgunned even if their military resources are close.

Rob

HollowHead
11-30-2012, 16:55
If history is any indication, it would likely be one from the north!

Bazinga!!! HH

Keoking
11-30-2012, 16:58
Detroit would win. They've been at war for decades.

HollowHead
11-30-2012, 17:01
The warheads near you.

Looks like my state is SOL :(

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/11/map-nuclear-bombs-power-weapons

Interesting. Can our ICBMs even be used domestically? I'd imagine by the time they went ballistic, they'd be way out of US airspace? HH

TheExplorer
11-30-2012, 17:07
I'm thinking a Southern one.

happy seal
11-30-2012, 17:11

Thor will take them both at the same time!

Phaze5ive
11-30-2012, 17:18
Originally Posted by gwalchmai

Thor will take them both at the same time!

Batman will win because he's smarter than both of them, combined!

fowl intent
11-30-2012, 17:22
I like Hawaii's chances.

czsmithGT
11-30-2012, 17:22
Interesting. Can our ICBMs even be used domestically? I'd imagine by the time they went ballistic, they'd be way out of US airspace? HH

Good question. I don't know but would guess they have to attain some sort of minimum speed/trajectory in order to arm the warhead.

JLA
11-30-2012, 17:29
Gonna have to say Alaska. Lots of people down here can't handle the weather or the animal threat. You have to be tough to live there. A lot of us think we are....but are we??

sharpshooter
11-30-2012, 17:35
CA. The vast resources, population, and economy put us on top.

Brucev
11-30-2012, 17:38
The winner will be the state that sits it out and lets the other states beat each other to a pulp. That state will be in an ideal position with intact infrastructure and production base... just like the U.S. after WWI and WWII.

nikerret
11-30-2012, 17:38
That was a fun article to read. My guess would line up with his on many things.

Haldor
11-30-2012, 17:41

That was my thinking also for the same reasons. Plus Texas has refineries. Crude oil by itself is not that useful.

California has wealth, population and food, but is dependent on other states for energy. Plus they are overrun with libs which would get in the way of winning a war. Texas doesn't have that handicap to anywhere the same extent.

sharpshooter
11-30-2012, 17:45
Unfortunately, before CA could declare war, first they'd have to form several committees to study the environmental impact of war, another committee to research non-lethal weaponry, and of course lead free bullets and lead free bombs and artillery. Condor zones would be green no fire zones, and no warring on Spare The Air days. Unions would negotiate fighting schedules and overtime hours, and they'd build new high speed rails to transport troops. Get ready for the first all gay/lesbian/transsexual battalion, and a ration of marijuana in the MREs.

vikingsoftpaw
12-01-2012, 12:30
The east and west costs libs fancy themselves as intellectuals, not fighters. They'd subcontract that part to foreigners, like Somalians and members of MS-13.

The southern boys are trigger pullers though...

This assumes such a conflict stays a conventional one.

FullClip
12-01-2012, 12:40
I'm gonna' go with Maine as the winner. We get invaded every summer by vast hoards of forces of the PFA (People From Away) and every fall they withdraw in defeat right after the trees change color.
Between the winters and the blackflys, think we're pretty safe for several months outta' the year. If we stopped serving lobster and luring in tourists with cheap "Genuine Maine Crap" I gotta' feeling we'd slide right under the radar.:supergrin:

mrmedina
12-01-2012, 12:44
My state will lose, last in education, jobs and DWI. :wavey:

tsmo1066
12-01-2012, 12:44
Rhode Island would win...hands down.

Nobody ever thinks about Rhode Island much. They could just lay low, wait for the carnage to sort itself out and then plant the flag on the heap of rubble left over at the end.

certifiedfunds
12-01-2012, 12:49
We'll be in the atchafalaya basin. Y'all c'mon down.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Slug71
12-01-2012, 12:50
Virginia.

FullClip
12-01-2012, 12:50

A lot of people think all the chicks in Rhode Island look like Lois Griffin....you may get invaded first!!:supergrin:

Redheadhunter21
12-01-2012, 13:38
Even though I live in Florida, I'm going with Nevada. I'm sure they will make make quick work of the rest of us.

LippCJ7
12-01-2012, 13:39
Interesting concept...

I think that if the Country went this route, it would look a lot like the elections, each coast becoming a country and then the Bread Basket becoming its own country which would include a vast majority of the Nukes, of course the exceptions would be New Mexico and Illinois, we all know what IL is going to do and not even NM Residents know what NM is going to do(sorry mrmedina).

Colorado on the other hand will need a little time on our own to get things straight but don't you worry about that one bit, it wont take long to take care of Denver and Boulder.

AK_Stick
12-01-2012, 13:43
AK.

No question, no competition

cgwahl
12-01-2012, 13:45
Even though I live in Florida, I'm going with Nevada. I'm sure they will make make quick work of the rest of us.

Makes sense. After all, they have all that alien technology.

NH Trucker
12-01-2012, 13:50

Especially since they have all of those fun toys at Area 51. And if they can somehow find a way to use their Graboids, even underground bunkers won't be safe. :whistling:

And NY would be facing one hell of an insurgency if they tried to take over northern New England. LOTS of gun owners up here.

HexHead
12-01-2012, 13:59
California has wealth, population and food, but is dependent on other states for energy. Plus they are overrun with libs which would get in the way of winning a war. Texas doesn't have that handicap to anywhere the same extent.

They could draw on the population of Austin when they need hostages.

fnfalman
12-01-2012, 14:02
California would win.

We have a large portion of the US Armed Forces at our command. Not to mention that we would ally up with Red China and Mexico. We can whip the Oregonians and Washingtonians in no time and the whole west coast can be made available as beachheads for the Red Army. RED DAWN 2, BEOTCHES!!!

Naelbis
12-01-2012, 15:46
ND wouldn't fight...We would just declare ourselves neutral and hide behind our massive nuke arsenal. Then sell food and fuel to all sides lol.

GRIMLET
12-01-2012, 15:55
I dont know about a single state but right away the deep southern states would bond together in an alliance.
Trust me on this.
Tx would be a swing state which allows inroads to the southwest. Above Tn or Ky it would not be as cohesive.
Im no redneck but I have seen enough to know they stick together when it comes down to it.

1-2man
12-01-2012, 15:58
Detroit would win. They've been at war for decades.

The war is over in Detroit. It's just a waiting for a rebuild.

blkpag1
12-01-2012, 17:03
I don't know who would win, but I would bet that France surrenders.

noway
12-01-2012, 17:11
HI would win

Giddyupgo55
12-01-2012, 18:13
Oregon would loose. All they want to do is hug trees, and give critters the same rights as people.

AK_Stick
12-01-2012, 18:19
California would win.

We have a large portion of the US Armed Forces at our command. Not to mention that we would ally up with Red China and Mexico. We can whip the Oregonians and Washingtonians in no time and the whole west coast can be made available as beachheads for the Red Army. RED DAWN 2, BEOTCHES!!!

Last time I checked the US Mil didn't run on IOUs. Cali wouldn't remain viable through thier Declaration of Independence.

mike from st pe
12-02-2012, 17:12
Florida the Gunshine State we have Central Command!

KommieforniaGlocker
12-02-2012, 17:33
America's Siberia.

CA has pretty defensible borders with the Sierras to the East, Cascdes to the North, and the Great Basin to the South. It is why a lot of the illegals crossing the border have moved to AZ.

California??

:rofl:

KommieforniaGlocker
12-02-2012, 17:36
California would win.

The Texas Boy Scouts could take California on a three day weekend, take your coke head tattooed women and breed a superior American.

concretefuzzynuts
12-02-2012, 17:47
The Texas Boy Scouts could take California on a three day weekend, take your coke head tattooed women and breed a superior American.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

sum-dum-guy
12-02-2012, 18:05
TX. They have Chuck Norris.

Saber99
12-02-2012, 18:22

Going to have to disagree. We can talk guns and wanna be soldiers all day long. But consider resources. Nevada and a good deal of western states are very susceptible when you start talking fresh water. It would only take a few targeted attacks to really hinder their ability to fight. Take out or even just damage the hoover dam and bye bye power. California especially urban areas would also be SOL if their aqueducts were to be destroyed. I mean really consider just how many states would be effected if one state was able to gain complete control of lake mead. Then there is the issue of food. Nevada isn't exactly known for its fertile soil combine that with a crippled power grid and lack of fresh water. I simply don't believe they have the resources to sustain a long drawn out war.

AlexHassin
12-02-2012, 19:14
I think NYC would win. we would declare ourselves a independent country, and sell stuff to every side.

granted it would be a oligarchy with Bloomberg in charge, and you would not be able to get salted peanuts, and NYPD would end up being a military.

czsmithGT
12-02-2012, 19:30
I think NYC would win. we would declare ourselves a independent country, and sell stuff to every side.

granted it would be a oligarchy with Bloomberg in charge, and you would not be able to get salted peanuts, and NYPD would end up being a military.

First they came for your guns, then they came for your cigarettes, then they came for your salt, then they came for your Ho-Hos, then they came for your slurpees, then they came for your popcorn, .....

If it is war, in New York even if you win, you lose.

NH Trucker
12-02-2012, 20:16

New Hampshire alone has more gun owners than NYC has officers. I guarantee we can all shoot better than NYPD too, at least as witnessed by reports in news articles. The most laughable part I found in that article was New York taking the entire north east. We might except them after a while, but they better be holding a big white flag and Bloomburg's head on a pike, and completely denounce any notions of gun control. :tongueout:

Little Joe
12-02-2012, 20:35
California would have a hard time winning with 10-round magazines. :upeyes:

Little Joe
12-02-2012, 20:37
However, the countryside is filled with Republicans, and there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Kevin108
12-02-2012, 21:14
Whatever state has the highest concentration of military. As they have the best training money can buy I imagine they would organize themselves similarly while training others to great success.

concretefuzzynuts
12-02-2012, 21:23
Whatever state has the highest concentration of military. As they have the best training money can buy I imagine they would organize themselves similarly while training others to great success.

You mean Virginia.

If the military is involved, then Virginia would rule the states. Virginia Beach is the worlds largest military base, Langley is the home of the countries law enforcement and we bear one of the largest civilian gun ownership populous in the country. Not to mention a Commonwealth sanctioned Militia.

Jack23
12-02-2012, 21:28
Texas'd win that one as long as it was just the people usin' their own guns and ammo. Lots of our gals are shooters too and can take care of bidness.

stevelyn
12-02-2012, 21:44
Alaska.

We'd leave the DSMF transients in skAnchorage behind as cannon fodder, withdraw to the bogs and swamps so that the mosquitoes suck y'all dry when you try and follow us in. Then when the weather gets a little colder, draw you up north of the range to the deep cold of the interior and you can freeze your arses to death in the dark. :supergrin:

Sooner or later you'll tire of sending bodies up to feed the magpies and raven with.

skeeter7
12-02-2012, 22:30

Nobody ever thinks about Rhode Island much. They could just lay low, wait for the carnage to sort itself out and then plant the flag on the heap of rubble left over at the end.

I opened this thread never thinking that my state would get mentioned and we actually made it a few times on here. Everyone likes picking on the little guy. :rofl:

Kevin108
12-02-2012, 22:35
You mean Virginia.

If the military is involved, then Virginia would rule the states. Virginia Beach is the worlds largest military base, Langley is the home of the countries law enforcement and we bear one of the largest civilian gun ownership populous in the country. Not to mention a Commonwealth sanctioned Militia.

Could be. I did some searching but didn't quickly find a conclusive answer so I just put up my half-ass guess. :supergrin:

czsmithGT
12-02-2012, 22:52
You mean Virginia.

Wouldn't all those military people, defense contractors, FBI agents and spies go back home to Texas if war broke out?

concretefuzzynuts
12-02-2012, 22:59
Wouldn't all those military people, defense contractors, FBI agents and spies go back home to Texas if war broke out?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

AK_Stick
12-02-2012, 23:01

I suspect they'd still need someone to sweep the floors. But I suspect the guys who do the fighting might be important.

AlexHassin
12-02-2012, 23:04
New Hampshire alone has more gun owners than NYC has officers. I guarantee we can all shoot better than NYPD too, at least as witnessed by reports in news articles. The most laughable part I found in that article was New York taking the entire north east. We might except them after a while, but they better be holding a big white flag and Bloomburg's head on a pike, and completely denounce any notions of gun control. :tongueout:

noticed i said independent city state selling to every side.
NYPD is pretty good at hitting.... other people in the street. so whoever is standing by and attacking army's leader better watch out. :tongueout:

concretefuzzynuts
12-02-2012, 23:10
I suspect they'd still need someone to sweep the floors. But I suspect the guys who do the fighting might be important.

I have always respected you AK. But Virginia loyalty runs deep. And not only to us natives.

I lived in AK for 5 years. There is loyalty to the bottle.

fnfalman
12-03-2012, 01:05
Last time I checked the US Mil didn't run on IOUs. Cali wouldn't remain viable through thier Declaration of Independence.

But it'd run on booze and poontang, of which Mexico and ChiCom have plenty of.

fnfalman
12-03-2012, 01:06

Which, they then will grow up, infiltrate the other states and vote for the Democrats. Wars don't have to be worn with blades and blood.

MELE20C
12-03-2012, 04:01
Vermont would win. They have Ben & Jerry`s and hence the women would migrate there. Where the women go the men will follow so they would be the population base for the new America.

Bren
12-03-2012, 04:22

Size just makes it impossibly to defend the borders. Texas also borders Mexico and would have to fight a 2-front war, because of the oil. But I don't have a good suggestion for who would win.

skeeter7
12-03-2012, 04:30
Vermont would win. They have Ben & Jerry`s and hence the women would migrate there. Where the women go the men will follow so they would be the population base for the new America.

By that logic, Qween LaBeefa would also migrate to Vermont forcing all the other men out of there. FAIL. :tongueout: