Update on surgery and prayer needs for Lady Glock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Update on surgery and prayer needs for Lady Glock

Lady Glock
11-30-2012, 16:53
Update. I have been released to drive. My job definitely starts on Monday. My doctor says I need a brace since I can't use my cane at work, so today I went to get my brace but was told my insurance won't pay for the brace. The brace I need is about $140 as it has the metal and cinches and everything else required to help me accomplish my day. I am sick with tears after driving all the way to town on the last of my gas only to be told I can't get the brace I need. I would appreciate prayers for forgiveness for any words I might have said that were not Christian in nature and also for the he thoughts I have towards the company who refused to check with my insurance and instead, checked with their main office who told them it wouldn't be covered when my insurance said it would be. I am fearful that if I go to work without the brace or the cane, I will give away my body's weakness and be sent home. I am in need of so many prayers. Please....I couldn't possibly name them all as only God knows what all I need.

Even beginning the new job, the entire checks for the 6 weeks of work will be going to my landlord as I owe him rent since a year ago last July...so there will still be no funds. God is good...and I just keep praying that this job will lead to another and another until I get one that turns into a full-time, permanent.

Oh, prayers please that the wakening of the nerves in my back will not cause too much discomfort in my legs...it is already starting to hurt in the right front thigh and the left lower leg as well as the extreme lower back just below the incision site. All prayers appreciated. God Bless you all and I wish for you all to have a very Merry Christmas.

Detectorist
11-30-2012, 17:49
Dang. Good luck. The only thing I can help you with is praying. I will send some your way.

okie
11-30-2012, 17:53
Good luck to you sweetie pie, I hope all will go well:angel::kiss::hugs:

mrmedina
11-30-2012, 18:09
May God bless and watch over you........

The Machinist
11-30-2012, 18:16
Thoughts and prayers...

GLWyandotte
11-30-2012, 18:26
I would be happy to send $20, it's not a lot, but 1/7th of the way.
Anyone else want to go?
PM your address and I'll help!:wavey:

eaglefrq
11-30-2012, 18:31
PM sent

vikingsoftpaw
11-30-2012, 19:08
Prayers and wishes for a better 2013!

NH Trucker
11-30-2012, 19:12
Prayers sent. I hope you get everything you need.

Lady Glock
11-30-2012, 19:58
Dang. Good luck. The only thing I can help you with is praying. I will send some your way.

Please don't think of "Praying" as "ONLY"...it's precious and appreciated! I know God is going to work everything out. My kids know the true meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of our saviour, so we bake HIM a birthday cake every year and sing HIM happy birthday as a way to honor HIM. HE has always been good to us. Thank you so much for the prayers, they truly are appreciated!
God Bless!
LG

Lady Glock
11-30-2012, 20:00
Good luck to you sweetie pie, I hope all will go well:angel::kiss::hugs:

Thank you so much Okie...Miss you bunches, Hugs and loves!
LG

Lady Glock
11-30-2012, 20:02

Thank you so much. Prayers are appreciated more than you could possibly know. God Bless! LG

Lady Glock
11-30-2012, 20:05

Thank you so much. Prays are so much appreciated. God Bless, LG

Lady Glock
11-30-2012, 20:07
Thoughts and prayers...

Prayers are so much appreciated. God Bless! LG

Lone_Wolfe
11-30-2012, 21:57
Prayers going up for you, my friend, Is there anything else I can do?

Lady Glock
12-01-2012, 05:18
Prayers going up for you, my friend, Is there anything else I can do?

You have done so much and you are already in such need of things being done for you! Your prayers are coveted!!!!God Will see me through. I look forward to working...the kids know that even though I'm working, all my money is going to have to go towards paying past-due rent, so no presents this year. They are precious kids and understand that my priorities come first ... we will still have the birthday cake for Jesus, I am so proud of my kids. (I haven't even been able to buy pads for Ranger for her cycle...she has had to use wads of TP for that, poor kid...but she just takes it in stride!)

Gentle hugs and lots of love for my GT friends and family.
LG

sawgrass
12-01-2012, 07:35
It's my understanding that the cane that I made for 23Skidoo is going to be sent to you. If that happens I hope that it helps. LW told me that it's the right size for you. It's made from a root that came from near the beautiful St. Croix River.
I've always wondered how you ended up in SC. I thought you were moving back to MN.

I wish you the best for Monday with the new job.

Lady Glock
12-01-2012, 08:23
It's my understanding that the cane that I made for 23Skidoo is going to be sent to you. If that happens I hope that it helps. LW told me that it's the right size for you. It's made from a root that came from near the beautiful St. Croix River.
I've always wondered how you ended up in SC. I thought you were moving back to MN.

I wish you the best for Monday with the new job.

We moved back to Minnesota from Oklahoma, and then after one month, my landlord got a job in Georgia, so that is where we are now.

I have been looking for work since getting here (a year ago September). Finally got told about Kelly's Temp service that is located inside the Gulfstream facility. I had already got with the Kelly's in Savannah, but that wasn't helping. I've had 2 interviews since contacting the other Kelly's service and was hired after the 2nd one. The job is only 6 weeks, but my prayer is that the employer likes my work so much she is willing to refer me for additional jobs.

BTW...I've heard such good things about the cane you made. I've heard it's beautiful, and I look forward to receiving it. Thank you for being willing to let me have it.

sawgrass
12-01-2012, 10:01
It's ultimately up to LW. Jeff was such a kind man, it was made with best intention.

How is Ranger and your son?

I haven't posted in your threads so I guess I'm getting caught up in this one. FWIW, I think it's great that you have kept your G30(I think) and don't intend to be a victim again.

It was pleasing to hear that the SOB who hurt you didn't make parole.

Lady Glock
12-01-2012, 10:42
It's ultimately up to LW. Jeff was such a kind man, it was made with best intention.

How is Ranger and your son?

I haven't posted in your threads so I guess I'm getting caught up in this one. FWIW, I think it's great that you have kept your G30(I think) and don't intend to be a victim again.

It was pleasing to hear that the SOB who hurt you didn't make parole.

Jeff's passing was so tragic...I know many people miss him terribly.

Ranger and Blaster are doing pretty good. Ranger is on 2 canes to keep her from falling rather than the wheelchair or walker. She still has issues with her stomach hurting after ever meal...they can't seem to get that nailed down, but the next test is going to be her gall bladder to see if it is malfunctioning when she eats.

Blaster still has headaches, but they are getting his full perscription on his eyeglasses so they are hopeful this will help relief his headaches. If not, they will have to keep testing.

Of all my belongings, the G30 is the one item I can't bring myself to get rid of to help me afford other items I need. I can't afford to be unprotected, I understand some would say I should sell it if I need other things, but that would be foolish to leave myself unprotected. I'm glad YOU understand the need to keep it.

I've got another 3 years before he sees the board again...I can just PRAY he doesn't get released. Take care, and please...forgive me for my earlier nastiness...and I hope you will accept my request for friendship.

God Bless