Obama Surge and Glock: The Rise of America's Gun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama Surge and Glock: The Rise of America's Gun

Paul Barrett
12-01-2012, 09:04
Hello, Glock-Talkers!

I thought some of you would be interested in a little piece I wrote for Bloomberg Businessweek about the Obama gun surge:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-11/the-obama-gun-surge#r=auth-s

Separately, my book, GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun, did well this year, in no small part due to support from members of Glock Talk. So, thanks. With Christmas just around the corner, it makes for a nifty stocking-stuffer.

All best,
Paul M. Barrett

mrmedina
12-01-2012, 09:14
You're welcome sir, don't be a stranger at GT.:wavey:

Paul_J
12-01-2012, 09:23
Good article Mr Barrett. You are correct that O has kept a low profile on the gun issue although he was very vocal during one of the debates about weapon bans. I think most thinking Americans know that the politicians will for the most part stay away from gun issues if they want to be reelected. It is the unelected Supreme Court Justices that most are fearful of. He will most likely appoint 2 if not 3 during this next four year period.

Glad to see you back here!

P.S. the model should have a little bit higher grip on that pistol!

Glockgeezer
12-01-2012, 09:26
Thank you Paul for doing your part to keep the country aware of the great numbers of Americans who support our Constitution and believe the 2nd Amendment is vital to a free and open society. The citizenry needs to be constantly reminded that the greater issue is not about guns but rather the mental health of our society and that laws will only be obeyed by moral and law-abiding people.

dherloc
12-01-2012, 09:37
Paul,

I received the book as a gift and it was very enlightening. Thanks for writing it.

ModGlock17
12-01-2012, 10:13
Very cool!

Just a note. There seems to be an increase in robbery crimes. This is not necessarily related to gun-violent crimes, or not recorded as such. Coincident with this admin. or not, can be argued. But I'd say this increase also leads people to buy and own guns. It is the fear of violence descending upon them, in addition to the concern of gun restriction.

Now we can easily establish the increase of robbery vs. the bleakness of the economy, which should be owned by this admin.

ithaca_deerslayer
12-01-2012, 10:29
Guns make good Christmas presents :)

samurairabbi
12-01-2012, 10:38

"His-and-her" sets would be especially fitting in a family holiday setting.

Boot Stomper
12-01-2012, 23:03

I agree. Smith & Wesson M&P 22 for me this Christmas.

janice6
12-02-2012, 00:07
Hello, Glock-Talkers!

I thought some of you would be interested in a little piece I wrote for Bloomberg Businessweek about the Obama gun surge:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-11/the-obama-gun-surge#r=auth-s

Separately, my book, GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun, did well this year, in no small part due to support from members of Glock Talk. So, thanks. With Christmas just around the corner, it makes for a nifty stocking-stuffer.

All best,
Paul M. Barrett

Thank you for trying to remove the stigma of guns.

janice6
12-02-2012, 00:08
Very cool!

Just a note. There seems to be an increase in robbery crimes. This is not necessarily related to gun-violent crimes, or not recorded as such. Coincident with this admin. or not, can be argued. But I'd say this increase also leads people to buy and own guns. It is the fear of violence descending upon them, in addition to the concern of gun restriction.

Now we can easily establish the increase of robbery vs. the bleakness of the economy, which should be owned by this admin.

And the lack of retribution.