Chicago: Home > News > Breaking news 6 dead, 11 wounded last night [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Chicago: Home > News > Breaking news 6 dead, 11 wounded last night

ERASER
12-01-2012, 09:22
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicago-gun-violence-november-30-december-1-20121201,0,2142397.story

ERASER
12-01-2012, 09:23
Shocked Face ...HA! (E-Trade baby) - YouTube

ysr_racer
12-01-2012, 09:25
Next they'll report Water is Wet !!!

M&P15T
12-01-2012, 09:29
This is truly callus.....but who cares?

That **** hole has made it's bed, and now it gets to lay in it.

Just like other **** holes like Detroit.

USMCsilver
12-01-2012, 09:30
Jus' another day in da hood...

Beretta92guy
12-01-2012, 09:32
chicago, la, miami, nyc, detroit could all implode and i could not care less.......

visiting any one of those ghettos is like visiting a third-world country......

ysr_racer
12-01-2012, 09:33
What would really be news was if no one was killed in Chicago on a Friday night.

musclegto
12-01-2012, 09:35
chicago, la, miami, nyc, detroit could all implode and i could not care less.......

heyyy, i live in Chicago :tongueout:. But really, it's like everywhere else, mostly good people, just a few idiots. The murder rate is obviously going to be higher in highly populated areas.

Climbhard
12-01-2012, 10:26
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3900000/Inconceivable-the-princess-bride-3983999-260-300.jpg

Handguns are illegal in Chicago!

HollowHead
12-01-2012, 10:31
What would really be news was if no one was killed in Chicago on a Friday night.

Either Wednesday or Thursday night the national news reported that it was the first time in decades that NYC had not had a murder in 24 hours. When you think of the tens of millions packed into such a relatively small area like the five boroughs, that is simply remarkable. HH

kirgi08
12-01-2012, 10:35
Rahm and his waste.'08. :upeyes:

Dubble-Tapper
12-01-2012, 10:45
Either Wednesday or Thursday night the national news reported that it was the first time in decades that NYC had not had a murder in 24 hours. When you think of the tens of millions packed into such a relatively small area like the five boroughs, that is simply remarkable. HH

yeah, to think of the numbers makes you realize how remarkable that really is.

flyover
12-01-2012, 10:48
Birth control in the hood style.

capnjim01
12-01-2012, 13:47

Maybe they meant not had a murder reported. Might not have found the body yet.

CAcop
12-01-2012, 14:03
Maybe they meant not had a murder reported. Might not have found the body yet.

Most murders, especially any place near a major city, are going to be drug and/or gang murders. Almost all of those are dead bodies on sidewalks. People, even in the ghetto, call about bodies on sidewalks. People greasing their spouses go unreported for a few days.

Homicides and clearance rate stats are amazing. The average in this country for clearance is 50%. Meaning 50% of murders end up with someone charged. Big cities can run as low as 25%. SF was like that a few years back. Smaller towns, especially those that are somewhat isolated, can be as high as 90%. We just had a bumfight turn Lord of the Flies and we managed to arrest everyone within a week, most within 24 hours. It helped a lot that we are isolated somewhat.

janice6
12-01-2012, 14:05
I'm not surprised at Chicago at all.

M&P15T
12-01-2012, 14:16
I can assume that Chicago is the murder capital of the U.S., right?

Like by a wide, wiiiiiiiiiiide margin?

TK-421
12-01-2012, 14:19
Not at all surprised by Chicago. Just goes to show how ineffective gun control is.

countrygun
12-01-2012, 14:20

There is nobody left to report in any place worse.

But on the bright side, Rahm is doing all he can to protect Chicago from the horrors of Chik-Fil-A.

devildog2067
12-01-2012, 14:24

Not even close, actually. The cities with the highest murder rates tend to be economically depressed. Last year it was Camden, NJ.

CAcop
12-01-2012, 14:27

According to the stats for 2010 on wikipedia New Orleans is with 72 murders per 100,000. Oakland for reference is 22 per. Chicago 15.2. Detroit 34.5.

Keep in mind SecondCityCop points out the FBI does not beleive the stats coming out of Chicago.

Which brings me to another point. I only look at homicide rates because "violent crime" can be manipulated too easy. See COMPSTAT for a lesson about fudging the numbers. It is harder to fudge the number when it comes to homicide. It takes a talented coroner to turn a homicide into an accident, natural causes, or suicide. Ours has done that but like I said he is talented.

F14Scott
12-01-2012, 14:33
I hope they sell a lot of guns, now that they're taxed at $25 each, to help pay for all the body bags.

Cesspool.

countrygun
12-01-2012, 14:36
. It takes a talented coroner to turn a homicide into an accident, natural causes, or suicide. Ours has done that but like I said he is talented.

Reminds me of,

"How can you call that death "Natural Causes" ?"

"Well with that many bullets holes anybody is naturally going to die, it'd be unnatural not to"

LASTRESORT20
12-01-2012, 14:50
Business as usual::yawn:

Chicago gun fight in front of convenience store - YouTube

HollowHead
12-01-2012, 15:02
Business as usual::yawn:

Chicago gun fight in front of convenience store - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwr4xbi7UY)

Well, if they shoot like that why so many murders then? HH

Drjones
12-01-2012, 15:57

Agreed 100%

mt920
12-01-2012, 20:01

Hmmmm.... Makes me wonder where you're from.

DaneA
12-01-2012, 20:09
heyyy, i live in Chicago :tongueout:. But really, it's like everywhere else, mostly good people, just a few idiots. The murder rate is obviously going to be higher in highly populated areas.

No it really isn't like everywhere else. Nearly everywhere else believes in things like the Constitution.

TK-421
12-01-2012, 20:17
No it really isn't like everywhere else. Nearly everywhere else believes in things like the Constitution.

:goodpost:

BuzznRose
12-01-2012, 20:31
... The murder rate is obviously going to be higher in highly populated areas.

Seriously? You think your POS city's murder rate is due to the high population? You must be drinking the Rahm-flavored Kool Aid!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

BossGodfrey
12-01-2012, 23:20
Ghetto **** holes. They can all kill themselves and save us the cost of prison !

janice6
12-01-2012, 23:59
Damn. They're shooting all the "good" voters.

HollowHead
12-02-2012, 00:50

Could you expand upon the experiences you had in those cities? What exactly made you draw this educated conclusion? HH

cdog533
12-02-2012, 00:56
Most of these shootings are BUSINESS related. Either drug business or gang business.

In my mind, that's not a 'murder'. It's just a fact of life of the business they are in...

Lowjiber
12-02-2012, 06:56
When I first read the article, I wondered why the hits in the leg? My first thought was that they're breaking their wrist and a simple grip adjustment would help increase the death toll. That is the idea...right?

Then I realized that they're "gangstas" and hold the gun horizontal to the ground because they're "bad". If that's the case, they simply need to reposition their trigger finger and become more conscious of a straight trigger pull to avoid "pushing" the gun. (Applies to right handed gangstas only.)

robertoh
12-02-2012, 07:12
I,m surprised the State Dept.,hasn't issued a "no travel" warning to Chicago.

kirgi08
12-02-2012, 07:57
:headscratch: :dunno:

IQof1
12-02-2012, 07:58
but the good news is, they can still vote!

IQof1
12-02-2012, 07:59
When I first read the article, I wondered why the hits in the leg? My first thought was that they're breaking their wrist and a simple grip adjustment would help increase the death toll. That is the idea...right?

Then I realized that they're "gangstas" and hold the gun horizontal to the ground because they're "bad". If that's the case, they simply need to reposition their trigger finger and become more conscious of a straight trigger pull to avoid "pushing" the gun. (Applies to right handed gangstas only.)

nah, they hold the gun sideways because thats the way it comes in the box.....

IQof1
12-02-2012, 08:00

+1 on this

IQof1
12-02-2012, 08:03

no, it doesnt mean there wasnt a murder in those 24 hours. it just means that either onw wasnt reported or they didnt find the body yet.....

ahhh dang, looks like capnjim beat me to it! thats what i get for posting then re-reading the thread.....

Chesafreak
12-02-2012, 08:15
Impossible! This news story is obviously a lie! Everyone knows that carrying guns is illegal in Chicago.

Baba Louie
12-02-2012, 08:19
Only 509 homicides in the Windy City so far this year. Who knows how many GSW victims overall? Sounds quite exciting. I prefer boring, so I probably won't be heading to Chicago. Las Vegas has enough excitement in that regard.
Next they'll report Water is Wet !!!muahahahaha

But crime is down I hear/read. I guess I'm good with that. Still it would suck to be one of the statistics involved.

Lior
12-02-2012, 09:02
Increasing the price of FOIDs could have prevented this.

[/sarcasm]

javelinadave
12-02-2012, 09:34

The fact that it did proves that the Jewish gangs have nothing to do with all the shootings. The shootings took place on shabbos.:rofl:

PBR Sailor
12-02-2012, 09:55
Chicago has some of the most restrictive firearm regulations in the nation. I find it hard to believe there was any violence in the Windy City.

kirgi08
12-02-2012, 10:50
Increasing the price of FOIDs could have prevented this.

[/sarcasm]

You Sir,win the interwebs.'08. :animlol:

Priceless. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Drjones
12-02-2012, 12:54
How long has Chicago been under democrat control? I believe the better part of the 20th century...by now it, like California, should be utopian paradises where people of all races, ages, and sexual orientations hold hands, sing in harmony, poverty and all crime should have been eliminated.

So...is this article a lie then? :dunno:

Because there's no way the democrat policies could have failed....

ysr_racer
12-02-2012, 17:18
The fact that it did proves that the Jewish gangs have nothing to do with all the shootings. The shootings took place on shabbos.:rofl:

I told my buddy I was a member of a Jewish gang. I won't mug you, but if you piss me off I'll raise your rent :rofl:

RedsoxFan4Lyfe
12-02-2012, 18:10
Guns are clearly the problem here.

We need more stringent gun controls in place.
Anyone who is going to commit murder is surely not going to do it after having to violate a gun control law in the process. :whistling:

They, the left, and Liberal media are already blaming us. The law abiding gun owners, old rich white guys, Republicans and the NRA for protecting gun rights in this country. I mean after all 99.4 percent of firearms in this nation are never used in a crime, but by all means, let us further restrict the rights of those 99.4% of gun owners for the .06% of CRIMINALS did with firearms they should not have had in the first place.

Good idea there. That will work.

Gun Control is not about crime, its about control.
It's truly sickening.

happyguy
12-02-2012, 18:16

I feel sorry for the good people that are stuck there and don't have the resources or wherewithal to leave.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

THEPOPE
12-02-2012, 18:17
About a month ago, I read the stats on the most dangerous cities, homicide-wise...top ten ( bottom ten, if ya ask me...
)

Chi-town never got a mention......nor L.A.,Oakland,New York,......Philly, Atlanta, Washington D.C., however, did....there were some surprising names on that list, places I guess I didn't associate with firearm deaths.

My lil city has recently seen a spike in armed robberies and homicides and gun-related violence....seems like there is a turf-war going on....mostly gang on gang, or druggie on druggie shootings...some financial institution robberies as well , more than usual.

Sadly, out...:crying:

railfancwb
12-02-2012, 18:26
Damn. They're shooting all the "good" voters.

Not to worry. In Chicago they will still vote.

kahrcarrier
12-02-2012, 18:34
No doubt, the firearms used were smuggled into Chicago by gun loving, redneck Hoosiers....

countrygun
12-02-2012, 19:25
No doubt, the firearms used were smuggled into Chicago by gun loving, redneck Hoosiers....

Or the Justice Department. Or mexican drug dealers who got them from the JD

CAcop
12-02-2012, 21:19
How long has Chicago been under democrat control? I believe the better part of the 20th century...by now it, like California, should be utopian paradises where people of all races, ages, and sexual orientations hold hands, sing in harmony, poverty and all crime should have been eliminated.

So...is this article a lie then? :dunno:

Because there's no way the democrat policies could have failed....

CA actually voted Republican up to 1992 for prez. Pete Wilson was in office up to 1999. Arnold doesn't count.

janice6
12-02-2012, 21:31
Not to worry. In Chicago they will still vote.

That is really choice...:rofl:

I bet the dead voters from the 1920's are still showing up at the polls.

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 21:48
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3900000/Inconceivable-the-princess-bride-3983999-260-300.jpg

Handguns are illegal in Chicago!
Something is wrong, guns are illegal and yet all these victims were killed or shot by guns. They need to make another law and really really ban guns in Chicago.

Most murders, especially any place near a major city, are going to be drug and/or gang murders.
Jax Fla had a study done, IIRC, over several years ending 2010. A lot of the report was "yadda yadda," but interestingly, there were two pages that broke down the homicides for our county.

On the one page, the report showed that no matter where you lived in our county, you could be the victim of a homicide. In other words, there are no more "crime free" areas. But in contrast, on the next page, it showed the reasons and locations for the homicides. When showing the reasons, it was clear that if you were a drug user or drug seller you were more likely to be the victim of homicide than for any otjher reason. Domestic disputes came in a distant spaced second and was the reason for the "outlying" homicides. Over 90% of the drug related homicides occurred in known drug areas.
Not at all surprised by Chicago. Just goes to show how ineffective gun control is.
Obviously they need more laws against guns.
Not even close, actually. The cities with the highest murder rates tend to be economically depressed. Last year it was Camden, NJ.
Yeah, but on any given Chicago weekend there are more people murdered and or shot in Chi-town as the result of non-domestic disputes than anywhere else in the country.