Zero Dark Thirty [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Zero Dark Thirty

Ruggles
12-01-2012, 16:28
If you are not a user of Metacritic then a 96 won't mean much. But on that site a 96 is pretty much a perfect score.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/zero-dark-thirty

Only 7 reviews so far but a 96 puts it in the top 20 movies ever reviewed on that site. Pretty impressive.

http://www.zerodarkthirty-movie.com/

I hope it is as good as it appears to be :)

Bow Commander
12-01-2012, 23:50
That IS an impressive score. I keep waiting to see how it scores on IMDB. Can't wait to see it either way.

EdTracker
12-02-2012, 06:54
Propaganda

T-Rod45
12-02-2012, 07:14
I plan on seeing it.

Whatever you do, DON'T go see Killing Them Softly!!!! Worst movie I've ever seen on the big screen!

IQof1
12-02-2012, 08:10
I plan on seeing it.

Whatever you do, DON'T go see Killing Them Softly!!!! Worst movie I've ever seen on the big screen!

good to know. but now tell me why....

IQof1
12-02-2012, 08:11
Propaganda

impressive, not only can Bobo the Clown kill Somali pirates.

he has time to golf, campaign, personally fly the helicopter to Pakistan, kill bin Laden and THEN make a movie about it......

T-Rod45
12-02-2012, 08:21
good to know. but now tell me why....

Well, for one, I've never been to a movie where 3 separate people voice how bad the movie sucks during the film. The theater was packed and at the end there was one collective sigh of disgust. The movie had no build up what so ever, no suspense, just no emotion what so ever. There were parts of dialogue that were so pointless and overly drawn out that people where audibly annoyed, grunting face in palm. I've never walked out of a movie and if I wasn't stuck in the middle of the isle I would have. Absolutely the most awful, unentertaining film I've ever seen. I'd rather watch grass grow... It would probably be more climactic.

Ruggles
12-02-2012, 08:24
Propaganda

The movie itself or the reviews?

Ruggles
12-02-2012, 08:25
I plan on seeing it.

Thanks for the info. I saw Wreck It Ralph yesterday with the kids. Good old school gaming references in that one :)

IQof1
12-02-2012, 09:12
Well, for one, I've never been to a movie where 3 separate people voice how bad the movie sucks during the film. The theater was packed and at the end there was one collective sigh of disgust. The movie had no build up what so ever, no suspense, just no emotion what so ever. There were parts of dialogue that were so pointless and overly drawn out that people where audibly annoyed, grunting face in palm. I've never walked out of a movie and if I wasn't stuck in the middle of the isle I would have. Absolutely the most awful, unentertaining film I've ever seen. I'd rather watch grass grow... It would probably be more climactic.

thnx, you just saved me $11

Bow Commander
12-02-2012, 10:14
Thanks for the info. I saw Wreck It Ralph yesterday with the kids. Good old school gaming references in that one :)

Took my 4 year old to it a few weeks ago. It was really good! I can se it becoming a Disney classic.

T-Rod45
12-02-2012, 10:36
thnx, you just saved me $11

My pleasure. I'm no movie buff, but as someone who's always been pretty heavily into film and TV my whole life, has 300-400 DVDs (I'm picky and cheap or else I'd have over 1000), and almost went to film school, I can speak for not only a common movie-goer, but also those who are into deeper, more artsy stuff.... The movie flat out SUCKED.

IQof1
12-02-2012, 11:00
My pleasure. I'm no movie buff, but as someone who's always been pretty heavily into film and TV my whole life, has 300-400 DVDs (I'm picky and cheap or else I'd have over 1000), and almost went to film school, I can speak for not only a common movie-goer, but also those who are into deeper, more artsy stuff.... The movie flat out SUCKED.

thnx. i went to see Contagion a couple years back. that one was hard to get thru.

some other movies on the lists this year were:

CRAP:

Batman 3
The Dictator
Total Recall
Taken 2 (quite possibly the worst movie of the year)

So-so movies:

Ted
Savages
Looper
3 Stooges
7 Psychopaths (good til the 1/2 way point, completely predictable)
Lockout

Good movies:

Dredd
The Grey
Prometheus
Goon
The Hunger Games
21 Jump Street
Act of Valor

The Awesomeness:

End of Watch (i dont know how this one wont win several awards!)
Skyfall (love what Craig has done for Bond)

anyway, this is just my opinion of what i have seen in theaters.

86brick
12-02-2012, 12:22
I seen "Killing Them Softly" last night and while I will agree it wasn't the best movie in the world I didn't think it was the worst. It was meant to be a dark comedy with some political/economical background relating to the state of this country. It's not a movie that will make everyone happy, that is for sure as it is a dark depressing movie with some dark comedy. I would compare it to the first "Bad Lieutenant" movie with Harvey Keitel.

As far as Zero-Dark-Thirty I am looking forward to seeing it as it looks like it will be pretty close to the details relating to the hunt and raid that killed OBL.

PS: I am also waiting to see the Iceman movie~~
The Iceman - Official Trailer - YouTube

crni4
12-02-2012, 13:02
Another vote not to see killing softly. Boring, and more boring. Very disapointed.

T-Rod45
12-02-2012, 13:23
Another vote not to see killing softly. Boring, and more boring. Very disapointed.

The funny thing is that the other option last night was Skyfall. My g/f didn't really want to see either but she's usually a good sport... This one however, she isn't letting me live down...

Ruggles
12-02-2012, 15:11
Ii go to 2-3 movies a month. A lot of family movies and some adult ones. If I had to pick I would vote Spiderman as the best this year. Biggest let down was Sinister, not a bad movie but not as good as it appeared to be in the previews.

The Hobbit trilogy starts in two weeks. Looks to be awesome :)

devildog2067
12-02-2012, 15:12
Propaganda

How do you know if you haven't seen it?

G19Tony
12-02-2012, 15:17
I totally forgot to see End of Watch. Is it still in theaters?

Ruggles
12-02-2012, 15:23
How do you know if you haven't seen it?

How exactly is a film based on the most wanted scumbag in the world being hunted down and shot to death by the country he attacked propaganda? It was a hell of a feat and flat out cosmic justice. That old SOB was crapping in his robe those last few minutes.

Ruggles
12-02-2012, 15:25
I totally forgot to see End of Watch. Is it still in theaters?

I missed it an Dread, both out of theaters but DVD should be soon I think.

Bow Commander
12-02-2012, 23:28
Can not wait for the Hobbit to come out.

End of Watch was ok. Didn't impress me at all. Just felt flat and anticlimactic.

You really want to know what the biggest turd of a movie to ever hit the big screen is? The Master. With Joaquin Phoenix and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. The weird thing was, the acting was fantastic, but there truly has never been a worse storyline written IMO. You should see it just to say you saw it.