Clerk Shoots Attacker-Black Community in Uproar [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Clerk Shoots Attacker-Black Community in Uproar

IGotIt
12-01-2012, 16:42
Here we go again!

http://lastresistance.com/630/store-clerk-shoots-black-in-self-defense-now-black-community-in-uproar/

janice6
12-01-2012, 16:49
Again, I am not surprised.

No politicians dare to come out on the side of the victim for fear of being called racist for defending what's right, regardless of color. Rather the tone is color is always right even when they are the aggressor.

I am on the side of the person defending themselves no matter what their color/race.

rgregoryb
12-01-2012, 16:59
when will they be declared a protected species?

janice6
12-01-2012, 17:03

A few years ago. When Holder referenced, "My people....".

Kingarthurhk
12-01-2012, 17:04
Obama said if he had a fist, it would probably look like that one.:upeyes:

So, Quan X, who loves attention starts a protest because an a Katrina transplant tries to knock out a guy and gets shot for the effort. This is not exactly breaking news for the big "H".

czsmithGT
12-01-2012, 17:07
Well, OK, but why did the idiot clerk open the door, and since when did getting punched in the mouth justify shooting someone in the gut?

misunderestimated
12-01-2012, 17:12

That's a mouthful there.

bikerdog
12-01-2012, 17:15
Well, OK, but why did the idiot clerk open the door, and since when did getting punched in the mouth justify shooting someone in the gut?

I dont know why he opened the door but. From the story the clerk was being attacked by three men. Two of which had guns. So it was not just one guy punching another.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Kingarthurhk
12-01-2012, 17:18
I dont know why he opened the door but. From the story the clerk was being attacked by three men. Two of which had guns. So it was not just one guy punching another.

That is all you will see or hear about on the liberal news channels in the big "H" however. There is nothing conservative about that town. Not one thing.

countrygun
12-01-2012, 17:21
I am going to get wrapped up in any way about this article. It was written at about a second-grade level and there is probably more to the story, one way or the other.

when it said that "police had viewed the video and ruled that the clerk acted in self-defense"

it became obvious that it was amature writing at best, "Police" do not "rule" on anything. I just can't care about such a poor presentation of facts.

9jeeps
12-01-2012, 17:26
..... Popcorn.... POPS!

Calico Jack
12-01-2012, 17:27
In other news, scientists have discovered that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

rgregoryb
12-01-2012, 17:30

hint....the other guys had guns..reading is fundamental

8-Ball
12-01-2012, 17:36
... since when did getting punched in the mouth justify shooting someone in the gut?

If you don't think one person being attacked by three people justifies deadly force then there's something wrong with you.

Even a bare handed attack would have justified deadly force. Throw the fact that two of them have guns and there's no question.

Armchair Commando
12-01-2012, 17:38

Since your too incompetent to read, The other guys had guns.

IndyGunFreak
12-01-2012, 18:14
I think the shooting was justified, but I think if he'd have cooled down and thought, it wouldn't have happened. All he had to do was stay inside and let the idiot run his mouth. He'd have went away eventually, or he could have called the police to deal with him. For that reason, I understand the store owners position in letting him go.

Quannel X...lol. That dude lost any credibility when he couldn't stand up to a few people that his group didn't intimidate (Joe Horn rally... Youtube, it's awesome)

NEOH212
12-01-2012, 18:16

I guess if people don't want shot they shouldn't act in a manner that will cause someone to shoot them.

I'd be willing to bet if this happened more often one of two things would happen:

1. Many would think twice before attacking someone.

2. The gene pool would be largely cleansed of the undesirable genetic contribution.

The lesson in this:

Be civil and keep your hands to yourself or risk being shot.

It's not too hard to comprehend.

:wavey:

misunderestimated
12-01-2012, 18:18
I guess if people don't want shot they shouldn't act in a manner that will cause someone to shoot them.

I'd be willing to bet if this happened more often one of two things would happen:

2. The gene pool would be largely cleansed of the undesirable genetic contribution.

The lesson in this:

What a simpler and safer world this would be

Inebriated
12-01-2012, 18:23
Since your too incompetent to read, The other guys had guns.

I believe you meant to say "you're".

Anyway, both are idiots, and both could have prevented this. Why would you open the door for someone you're arguing with. that has friends with guns? Hell, why would you stand and argue in the first place? Tell them to leave, and if they don't, call police. There was no need for him to open the door and invite the conflict inside. Dumbass.

And I'm not even getting into the whole "we want justice" bull****. I could fill pages ranting about that.

janice6
12-01-2012, 18:24

The lesson in this:

I think we are working with the percentile that requires more repetition to learn the lesson than the average.

samurairabbi
12-01-2012, 18:26
I think the shooting was justified, but I think if he'd have cooled down and thought, it wouldn't have happened. All he had to do was stay inside and let the idiot run his mouth. He'd have went away eventually, or he could have called the police to deal with him. For that reason, I understand the store owners position in letting him go.
)

The clerk may have been under the owner's instructions to treat ALL the local clientele politely. Leaving the door closed and locked could easily kicked off demonstrations over his arrogant overbearing attitude toward the public that is being exploited by the business that "takes from the neighborhood without returning any benefit."

dino1
12-01-2012, 18:28
The store might have a rule that only allows one person in the store at a time after a certain time. That one guy is the guy you see trying to exit at the same time the assault happens. The attacker might have had a problem with the rule and the only outlet for him to express his anger is sucker punching, unfortunately for him he chose to attack some one in Texas....

Kawabuggy
12-01-2012, 18:30
I live in Houston and there has been much discussion about this.

Supposedly the reason that the clerk lost his job was because the owner of the store was receiving threats from the "community" that they were going to burn his store down and/or kill him for what his clerk did. Further, the "community" threatened the life of the clerk (shooter) and for his personal protection, and the protection of his family, he could no longer work at the store, or live in the area.

Let's really think about this.. What type of world do we live in where if you defend yourself against a lethal attack, you now have to defend yourself, and your family, against an entire "community" of animals???? How is it that we allow the behavior of threatening people who acted purely in self defense? Kwack-Nell-HEx was walking the streets in protest of what-the poor behavior of HIS "community"? Oh no.. He was rallying the animals to get them stirred up about this injustice that was perpetrated against one of HIS people. One of HIS people who assaulted a store clerk trying to provide for his family.

The only question I'm left with is why did he shoot him in the stomach and not right between the eyes? I think the clerk lacked fore-thought. He could have shot the maggot dead on the spot and stopped it from reproducing. In that sense, not only would he have relieved us of one dirt-bag, but also of all the future generations of dirt-bags that he will probably produce once he is released from the hospital.

Something else to think about-how much do you think the hospital bill is going to be to patch that maggot up? I'll bet not a PENNY will ever be collected from that trash, or his trashy family.

If I knew how to reach the store clerk, I'd pay for some range time, some shooting lessons, a new pistol and plenty of Speer Gold-Dot ammunition. I would place much emphasis on shooting until the threat is stopped-meaning no longer moving, moaning, or squirting blood. Plus, there were 3 active targets and he only wounds one of them? Someone needs to have a serious discussion with this guy about the best interests of the tax-payers. He really did us no favors in this one, nor himself.

syntaxerrorsix
12-01-2012, 18:33

A few years ago. When Holder referenced, "My people....".

...and in other news...

countrygun
12-01-2012, 18:38

The lesson in this:

But some people are "entitled" to assault others.

Dennisr1977
12-01-2012, 18:38
I would place much emphasis on shooting until the threat is stopped-meaning no longer moving, moaning, or squirting blood..

This is by far the dumbest advise I've seen. What a good way to get someone in a load of trouble and possible murder charges. Shooting until there is no threat doesn't mean shoot until they stop moving, moaning, bleeding.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

PettyOfficer
12-01-2012, 19:11

In Texas, a blow to the head with anything is considered deadly force and justifies the return of force... Hence shooting the punk.

As well, at night: if somebody is on your property at night, its dark and you have no way of knowing if they're up to no good.. Deadly force is authorized to protect property after sundown in Texas (not that I agree with shooting somebody for breaking into my car if all they do is try to run away, but there's a fine line between running and reaching for something in those split seconds you have to make a decision)... So, bang bang is the safest bet and justifiable.

Kawabuggy
12-01-2012, 19:15
Dennis, you are absolutely right.. I forgot to put then after they have stopped moving, moaning, & bleeding-START CPR until the police arrive. I should have realized my lack of political correctness. My apparent lack of respect for people who attempt to kill other people is just one of those social graces I will have to work on. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.:wavey:

czsmithGT
12-01-2012, 19:17
Since your too incompetent to read, //www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/]Outdoor Hub Campfire[/URL]

I can't read and you're a dumbass.

Guess the clerk will have fun getting fired and sued and paying a lawyer everything he owns to defend himself in civil court because he was too stupid to leave the door locked and call the police.

Have a nice day idiot.

*ASH*
12-01-2012, 19:27
did the POS DIE YET ?

Kawabuggy
12-01-2012, 19:29
czsmith so quick with the personal attack... Touchy are ye'?

So, in the same situation, having just been punched violently in the head, and 2 additional assailants nearby armed with pistols, you would have what-kissed him on the cheek and wished him a good night? On the other hand, I don't want to know what you would have done.. You say he was "too stupid to leave the door locked & call police". Did you not notice that there was a customer already in the store that had paid and was ready to leave the store????????????? Was that customer just supposed to stay in the store until the police arrived???? Maybe you should avail yourself to the facts of a situation before you spout off about something. When you speak without thinking first, you look like a fool. When you attack people, and call them names, you look like a fool. There is no need for any of that.

njl
12-01-2012, 19:30
What I don't get is, why did he unlock & open the door if they were already arguing through the glass, esp if he knew or though they were armed? Hide in the back and call 911. If they break in, fine, fill them with lead. Otherwise let the cops scare them off. In that way, this is just like the Zimmerman / Martin case in FL. In both cases, the shooter did something perhaps foolish (opening the door to continue the confrontation, getting out of his vehicle to pursue Martin on foot) that resulted in having to shoot someone assaulting them. In both cases, the "community" is/was out for blood from the shooter, regardless of the justification of the shooting.

TK-421
12-01-2012, 19:31
I always figured the racist people were the ones who claimed color matters. But it's those people who claim everybody else is racist. If someone is attacking me, I don't give two ****s what color his skin is, if he's attacking me, I'm going to defend myself. I'm not going to stop and say "Crap, I can't defend myself, he's black, it will piss off the black community." I'm going to defend myself regardless of skin color. We're all human after all, we're all of the same species. The "racist" people are the ones who think skin color matters.

LASTRESORT20
12-01-2012, 19:32
But some people are "entitled" to assault others.

Thats how it is nowadays.....because some people in power, in control are pulling the strings...Dat what dey do....reason and sanity is lost for another 4 years....:stooges:

Kawabuggy
12-01-2012, 19:34
njl.. If you watch the video, it will be clear to you why he HAD TO OPEN THE DOOR. There was another customer in the store who had already paid for his merchandise and was trying to exit the store. Had he not opened the door to allow the customer to leave he would probably be charged with kidnapping, or some other crazy charge. You can't just lock someone in with you because you don't feel safe.

Kawabuggy
12-01-2012, 19:37
ASH I'm waiting for that same bit of positive news as well, but I don't think it's going to happen. Like a cock-roach, he will survive and live to breed.

TK-421
12-01-2012, 19:38
njl.. If you watch the video, it will be clear to you why he HAD TO OPEN THE DOOR. There was another customer in the store who had already paid for his merchandise and was trying to exit the store. Had he not opened the door to allow the customer to leave he would probably be charged with kidnapping, or some other crazy charge. You can't just lock someone in with you because you don't feel safe.

Is that what that guy was doing? I wondered why there was a guy behind him inside the store when the door was locked. I didn't read the entire article though, I stopped after I watched the video, got a paper to write for school.

ChuteTheMall
12-01-2012, 19:44
The clerk was wrong to put his attacker into critical condition.

We have lots of better ammo choices today.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd360/LandonJ87/005-1.jpg

njl
12-01-2012, 19:54

From the video, it wasn't clear to me that was a prior customer. If he was opening the door for the customer to leave, why was that guy a few steps away from the door? He should have cracked the door, pushed him out, and locked it again. Instead, he opened it, the attacker stepped up into his face, and instead of backing up, and locking the door, he stood his ground, if not actually advanced on the attacker, and was then punched.

Z71bill
12-01-2012, 19:58
I can't read and you're a dumbass.

Guess the clerk will have fun getting fired and sued and paying a lawyer everything he owns to defend himself in civil court because he was too stupid to leave the door locked and call the police.

Have a nice day idiot.

IT IS IN TEXAS

Laws "down here" favor self protection OVER DEAD VICTIM by a wide margin.

If the store clerk had millions would he be a store clerk?

kenpoprofessor
12-01-2012, 20:01
Seems odd to me that a fat lady on a bus, who was supposed to be supervising the children, gets berated by one of said children and recieves nearly a million $$$ for being on the end of said beratement.

But this kid, nothing??? :faint:

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

fnfalman
12-01-2012, 20:03
What's going on with Texas?

Here in Southern California, a few months back, two businesses shot at black robbers. No uproars from the LA or Orange County black communities.

TK-421
12-01-2012, 20:03
From the video, it wasn't clear to me that was a prior customer. If he was opening the door for the customer to leave, why was that guy a few steps away from the door? He should have cracked the door, pushed him out, and locked it again. Instead, he opened it, the attacker stepped up into his face, and instead of backing up, and locking the door, he stood his ground, if not actually advanced on the attacker, and was then punched.

How do you know the attacker wouldn't have tried his way to force the door open as soon as the guy unlocked it to let the customer out?

Why does everybody feel the need to become armchair lawyers. "Well I would've done it this way." "Well that way is stupid, I would've done it this way instead." "Oh yeah? Well maybe you should've done it this way instead."

Leave it alone. The bigger picture here is the morons who are so ingrained to believe that their little Timmy is the greatest, sweetest, most perfect kid ever, and how they don't believe there is any way that he meant any harm by punching the guy in the face.

Those are the people we need to worry about. The cops already said the shooting was justified, so quit nagging about the shooting.

syntaxerrorsix
12-01-2012, 20:04
This is by far the dumbest advise I've seen. What a good way to get someone in a load of trouble and possible murder charges. Shooting until there is no threat doesn't mean shoot until they stop moving, moaning, bleeding.

Are you drunk?

dpadams6
12-01-2012, 20:05

Uh. The two other thugs with him had guns. Just MAYBE an armed robbery about to take place?

JLB768
12-01-2012, 20:11
This country is broken beyond repair. I don't know how to put this into words, without it coming off as racist, because I'm not, but...It becomes more difficult to remain unbiased towards others, seeing such one sided BS on a regular basis. The brutality of crimes, the sheer number of crimes, the blaming of whites for black troubles, the hate crime double standards, etc. You see brutal crimes commited against whites, and hear nothing from Al Sharpton, Jackson, news media, etc, but when a white kills a black, they call for heads on a platter. As much as I hate to admit it, it's really starting to rub me the wrong way, and I don't feel good about it.

DustyJacket
12-01-2012, 20:12
I would place much emphasis on shooting until the threat is stopped-meaning no longer moving, moaning, or squirting blood.

That is what that old guy did last weekend, and now he is in jail:
http://www.startribune.com/local/180853761.html?refer=y

If the attack stops, and you shoot more until the attacker is dead, that is usually 2nd degree Murder.

el_jewapo
12-01-2012, 20:17
What a girlish punch. Right on the chin and barely turned his head.

okie
12-01-2012, 20:29
The clerk should not have opened the door:upeyes:

Z71bill
12-01-2012, 20:34
The clerk should not have opened the door:upeyes:

Is there a law against opening your door?

larry_minn
12-01-2012, 20:48

well if a person attacks me, has two buddies with guns with them to attack me. I HOPE I at least get off a couple rds.
I don't care if they area white/black/green/red.

Scott3670
12-01-2012, 21:24
well if a person attacks me, has two buddies with guns with them to attack me. I HOPE I at least get off a couple rds.
I don't care if they area white/black/green/red.

:agree:

FPS
12-01-2012, 21:32
Whenever the slightest opportunity exists, people will claim racism at the drop of a hat. It's the easiest crutch to lean on.

Dennisr1977
12-01-2012, 21:48
Are you drunk?

Why would I be drunk? Implying you shoot until they stop moving or moaning is telling someone to keep going after the threat is neutralized and execute them.

stevelyn
12-01-2012, 21:49
Poor kid. He is such a good boy. He is just trying to turn his life around.

Originally Posted by czsmithGT

Tom Gresham addressed this last week on Gun Talk. Ya might want to listen and then look up such things as disparity of force.

BTW, Yes you can die from a punch.

samurairabbi
12-01-2012, 21:49
The store might have a rule that only allows one person in the store at a time after a certain time. That one guy is the guy you see trying to exit at the same time the assault happens. The attacker might have had a problem with the rule and the only outlet for him to express his anger is sucker punching, unfortunately for him he chose to attack some one in Texas....

This post from page one is the best conjecture so far on why the clerk opened the door; one customer in the store at a time in the late night hours is a reasonable practice. The person who is now on the critical list may not have liked the policy, and channeled his anger poorly.

*ASH*
12-01-2012, 22:07
is the perp dead yet ?

dino1
12-01-2012, 22:29
Here in austin we have a person killed in the entertainment district about every 18 months by one punch. It's not all ways the punch but the fall to the side walk that kills them.

arclight610
12-01-2012, 22:34
Guess where the black community can shove their anger? I could care less what they hoot and holler about anymore.

BossGodfrey
12-01-2012, 23:00
Another example of why I live in city that's about 98% white and I hope it stays that way !

countrygun
12-01-2012, 23:09
Guess where the black community can shove their anger? I could care less what they hoot and holler about anymore.

As long as people want to see it as "Black and White" we will never make decent progress towards doing something about CRIME, which is the real issue.

TK-421
12-01-2012, 23:45
As long as people want to see it as "Black and White" we will never make decent progress towards doing something about CRIME, which is the real issue.

The funny thing is look at who is trying to see it as black and white. You don't see any white people going "Oh my gosh, he got punched by a black guy." You see "Well damn, he got punched by a moron, and the moron got what he deserved."

But from the black community you hear "Oh my gosh, our baby got shot! He didn't do anything wrong! That white man shot my baby because my baby is black!"

The white people don't give two ****s about race, the black people pull the race card every chance they get. And yet they call white people racist. :faint:

LASTRESORT20
12-01-2012, 23:50

`Yes agree....But one must understand who is pushing this division and why...they start a fire... good people will respond...problem is..."many" they "preach" to are uneducated and mentally unprepared for the truth...hard to compete with "Gifts" (forcefully paid for by the tax-payer) and the `indoctrinated` `entitlement` leftist philosophy pushed on them daily....

So....what does it all Boil down to? Its called *Liberalism

Its all about `devide`.....They have been successful at it.

Groups like the Black Caucus/BPP dont even need to exists...It should be *Americans united....But its too late....we seen this thru the past election.....There is only one way....Working tax-payers are **tired....let the Domino's fall....a cleansing is coming and Reality will be the new truth....wishing for hope and change ain't gonna happen.

eracer
12-02-2012, 00:04
ASH I'm waiting for that same bit of positive news as well, but I don't think it's going to happen. Like a cock-roach, he will survive and live to breed.
What is a cock-roach?

:rofl:

G29Reload
12-02-2012, 00:08
That is all you will see or hear about on the liberal news channels in the big "H" however. There is nothing conservative about that town. Not one thing.

I had heard Austin was the big liberal hideaway in TX. I thought that was the only one, now I've heard you say Houston is like that and I thought I heard someone say Dallas is going a little soft.

What's the real story down there? I thought most of TX was conservative. Houston's a real oil town, I thought it was old school. Was it the Katrina re-locates that are doing it? What's the real deal?

Panzer
12-02-2012, 01:17
Dallas has always been very liberal.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2012, 01:33
So one time I spit on my boss and he fired me. That jerk! Then, I went home and took it out on my wife with a slap. She called the police. What a nerve! I was so mad that I kicked my dog. He turned around and bit me. Yeah, man's best friend.

Reyn
12-02-2012, 06:01
Is there a law against opening your door?

No,same as it isnt against the law to wear a klan suit to a black panther rally. Doesnt mean it's the smart thing to do.

Lampshade
12-02-2012, 06:24
The funny thing is look at who is trying to see it as black and white. You don't see any white people going "Oh my gosh, he got punched by a black guy." You see "Well damn, he got punched by a moron, and the moron got what he deserved."

You sure about that?

Another example of why I live in city that's about 98% white and I hope it stays that way !

IGotIt
12-02-2012, 06:26
I know the problem here; he was a Katrina transplant and wasn't informed of the Texas way of living or dying.

KalashniKEV
12-02-2012, 06:47
I know the problem here; he was a Katrina transplant and wasn't informed of the Texas way of living or dying.

Wow.

Are you guys in a "race" to make up facts to support the "all shoots are good shoots" crowd and the "everything everyone does with a gun is good" contingent of GT?

1) Alexander Calloway was not a Katrina transplant.

2) How does the clerk know that the other two men are armed? Where are they on the tape? Did they ever attack or threaten him prior to his shooting Calloway?

3) WHY does the clerk open the door to go eyeball-to-eyeball with Calloway? If his intent was to murder Calloway, he could have simply shot him through the window. It is likely that the only reason he opened the door was to provoke Calloway into striking him, which he believed would provide justification for his murder.

The clerk was neither in mortal danger, nor that of grievous bodily harm. From viewing the tape, I don't believe he fired out of Fear or Necessity, but out of choice... which is why he chose to open the door.

The clerk wanted a piece of the Thug Life and now he should indeed live it- with a 25-life sentence, in a cage with Calloway's friends.

The incident involved Azzam’s half sister and her companion. The report says they were confronted by the clerk in the parking lot of the store.

"When he saw me he got out and (shot) two times in the air," said Leena Azzam. 

Police said Azzam claimed his half sister and her companion had threatened him and that he feared for his life.

No charges were ever filed in the case involving Azzam’s half sister.

The article linked in the OP is a hatesite. Read some real news on the story.

Z71bill
12-02-2012, 06:57
No,same as it isnt against the law to wear a klan suit to a black panther rally. Doesnt mean it's the smart thing to do.

I understand your point - if someone is knocking on my door and I don't want them inside my home - I would not unlock & open the door.

If there ever is a law against stupid we will need bigger jails.