Ruger SR22 sight in questions. newbie [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SR22 sight in questions. newbie

bradley.kemper507
12-01-2012, 21:44
I had a chance to take my new SR22 pistol to the range today, and the rear sights are all the way down (to bring group up) and it still shoots a little low. at 7 yards im still a little low. Im new to shooting, and with nobody to teach me anything i had hoped a range membership would help me find someone to give me a few pointers, but all i can find are people who out shoot me and laugh.

cheapshot
12-02-2012, 06:45
I had a chance to take my new SR22 pistol to the range today, and the rear sights are all the way down (to bring group up) and it still shoots a little low. at 7 yards im still a little low. Im new to shooting, and with nobody to teach me anything i had hoped a range membership would help me find someone to give me a few pointers, but all i can find are people who out shoot me and laugh.Move the rear sight UP to move point of impact up.

bradley.kemper507
12-02-2012, 08:53
Move the rear sight UP to move point of impact up.

If the rear sight moves up, it is like moving the front of the gun down, which will create a lower grouping.

amd65
12-02-2012, 09:29
Hmmm...methinks you ought to test that theory.

bradley.kemper507
12-02-2012, 10:02
Move the rear sight UP to move point of impact up.

Hmmm...methinks you ought to test that theory.

I tested that theory... cheapshot was right. Like I said.. Im new to hand guns.:dunno:

cheapshot
12-02-2012, 10:03
Hmmm...methinks you ought to test that theory.Me too.:whistling:

cheapshot
12-02-2012, 10:05
Glad you got it figured out! Did it get POI where you wanted it? I think you'll really like the Ruger. Mine has been alot of fun!

bradley.kemper507
12-02-2012, 10:54
Yes, I did 5 shot groups at 7 yards, and sighted it so the center of the group is where I am aiming. now I just need to tighten my groups. Any advice so I do not develop bad habbits? At 7 yards I average about a 3" group with the whole 10 round mag. at 25 yards they are all on a target the size of a dinner plate. My groups are taller than wide, mostly lower than higher.

cheapshot
12-02-2012, 11:05
Practice, practice, practice! You'll tighten those groups up as time goes by. Nice thing about 22, ammo is reasonable enough to allow lot's of shooting.Concentrate on the sight picture as you steadily squeeze the trigger. You'll be surprised how much better your groups get after a little time and a few boxes of ammunition! Good luck! Never be shy about coming here for information. I've learned a lot on this site, and still learning!

cheapshot
12-02-2012, 11:08
You might have to raise that rear sight just a little bit more. I had to raise mine quite a bit from where it was to bring it up where i wanted to be.

bradley.kemper507
12-02-2012, 11:19
There was another guy at the range who asked to shoot it so I watched to see how someone who knows what they are doing shoots, and he shot a gtoup of 10 that could not be seen if you put a quarter on top of it. he said it was sighted perfect so I left it where it was at that time.

cheapshot
12-02-2012, 14:22
Sounds good! Have fun and be safe!

CaptainXL
12-18-2012, 10:50
There was another guy at the range who asked to shoot it so I watched to see how someone who knows what they are doing shoots, and he shot a gtoup of 10 that could not be seen if you put a quarter on top of it. he said it was sighted perfect so I left it where it was at that time.

That is the answer to getting smal groups -- practice, practice, practice!!!!!