Does Santa wrap presents? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does Santa wrap presents?

sappy13
12-02-2012, 06:37
Did Santa wrap your presents and does he wrap your kids presents? The gf and I were watching elf last night and she said hers didn't. He just places them in a pile(all unwrapped) under the tree, which I think is abdurb.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

deputy tom
12-02-2012, 06:39
Of course he does. tom.:reindeer::tree::winkie:

FullClip
12-02-2012, 06:49
When I was a kid, Santa wrapped some of the stuff...like the ever popular underwear, socks and sweaters. The neat stuff was just piled up in different areas of the room.:supergrin:

No idea how my parents could do it with 7 kids, but it seemed like magic every year. Even the stupid dog gave and got presents....wish I could hop in The Time Machine and revisit those days just one more time.:sad:

JBnTX
12-02-2012, 06:52
Santa gets all his toys from a union sweat shop located in Beijing, China.

All the presents are wrapped there by little orphan children that work 16 hours a day for less than minimum wage.

Zonny
12-02-2012, 07:35
No. No wrapping on gifts from Santa.

scwine
12-02-2012, 08:01
Yep.
I have this argument with my mother-in-law every year. I wrap mine and she doesn't.

HerrGlock
12-02-2012, 08:02
Presents from people were wrapped in the spiffy paper. Santa's stuff was almost always wrapped in that tissue paper wrapping with your name written in magic marker.

hockeyrcks9901
12-02-2012, 17:21
Santa didn't wrap when I was a kid. My mother said it was too much work and I don't blame her. I'm not sure what will happen when I have kids.

Zonny
12-02-2012, 18:24
Santa brings bikes & wagons and doll houses and toy kitchens and such. No wrapping! :supergrin:

certifiedfunds
12-02-2012, 18:38
Did Santa wrap your presents and does he wrap your kids presents? The gf and I were watching elf last night and she said hers didn't. He just places them in a pile(all unwrapped) under the tree, which I think is abdurb.

discusting

czsmithGT
12-02-2012, 18:43
He wrapped all mine. Either that or he delegated it to his elves.

USMCsilver
12-02-2012, 18:45
Santa wrapped mine.

My wife's were not wrapped.

Sadly enough, that tradition has carried somewhat here.

Colt gets wrapped Christmas presents from us, but unwrapped from Santa. He just gets a pile of **** on the couch in his "spot".

Zonny
12-02-2012, 18:50
Santa wrapped mine.

My wife's were not wrapped.

Sadly enough, that tradition has carried somewhat here.

Colt gets wrapped Christmas presents from us, but unwrapped from Santa. He just gets a pile of **** on the couch in his "spot".

How come they aren't put under the tree?

Mrs.Cicero
12-02-2012, 19:07
I never heard of not wrapping presents. Of course, I was told from infancy that Santa was a nice story and not a real person, too, so there were no gifts from Santa anyway.

And yeah, I've raised my kids the same way. The only imaginary gift-giver around here that anyone believes in is the Tooth Fairy. And I have no idea how that happened.

racerford
12-02-2012, 19:27
Of course not, that is what elves are for. It kind of a union thing.

Depends on what it is and where it is. In the stocking, no. Bikes and trikes and things like that... no.

USMCsilver
12-02-2012, 19:29
How come they aren't put under the tree?

I dunno...

At my parents, all presents are under the tree. They always were. They were all wrapped. Some from Santa, some from them.

This day, when we go over on Christmas, all presents are wrapped, but none are from Santa...not even for Colt. Guess they assume that he assumes Santa only comes here since he lives here.

As far as here goes -- we have too much stuff under there Christmas morning. We have all the stuff that we've wrapped for other folks. So, in short, I guess there's no room.

He'll be 4 this Christmas (birthday is next Monday). He'll get his traditional pile of crap, and his stocking is hanging on the hearth.

Zonny
12-02-2012, 19:37
Santa only brought the big items here that were asked for on the visit with Santa. Usually only a couple of items + the stocking.

All the other (wrapped) gifts came from regular mortals.

Edited to add: Don't forget the milk and cookies!!

USMCsilver
12-02-2012, 19:42
Santa only brought the big items here that were asked for on the visit with Santa. Usually only a couple of items + the stocking.

All the other (wrapped) gifts came from regular mortals.

Edited to add: Don't forget the milk and cookies!!

Yeah...that's pretty much how we roll, too. :supergrin:

I do the mandatory M&K, however, I toss it all in the trash. Never understood why Santa liked hot milk and cookies that are slowly becoming stale. :dunno:

rednoved
12-02-2012, 20:07
Santa gifts weren't wrapped. They were under the tree and in the stocking.

cgwahl
12-02-2012, 22:26
I think mine were wrapped. If you do end up wrapping though, make sure to use a different wrapping paper than what was used for the non-Santa gifts.

certifiedfunds
12-02-2012, 23:34
We bury them out back and give the kids shovels on Christmas morning. Gives mom and dad some free time to get dinner together.

Annhl8rX
12-03-2012, 00:38
My gifts from Santa were never wrapped. I don't have a kid yet, but when I do I'm not sure what will happen. I'd prefer to not do the whole Santa thing, but I doubt my wife will go for that.

TK-421
12-03-2012, 00:59
When I was a kid growing up all of the presents from santa were wrapped. The tag just had our name on it, no "From:" name, which is how we knew they were from santa. My parents made sure every single present was wrapped, it's more fun that way. I like surprise of finding out what I got, and the fact that unwrapping takes longer. It brings us closer, spending more time together on such a festive holiday.

We'd go downstairs at 7am, after a generally sleepless night, open our stockings, and then we always had to wait for cinnamon rolls before we were able to open our presents. Dad would sit by the tree handing out presents, one at a time, and we had to wait patiently while that person opened their gift, before the next one got handed out.

It was a lot of fun, I miss the magic.

tantrix
12-03-2012, 01:03

Same when I was growing up, and it was awesome. Not 1 single present under the tree all year, then Christmas morning there's stuff everywhere. I now do the same with my kids...wrapping is just choosing more hassle, so I don't bother. Also, there's no risk of kids peeking...all presents are kept at another location until Christmas morning.