New Medicare [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Medicare

ken grant
12-02-2012, 09:33
Medicare Part X "NEW SENIOR PROGRAM....
New Medicare Program

You're a sick senior citizen and the government says there is no nursing home available for you. So what do you do?

Our plan gives anyone 65 years or older a gun and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot four Politicians.

Of course, this means you will be sent to prison where you will get three meals a day, a roof over your head, central heating, air conditioning and all the health care you need!
Need new teeth? No problem. Need glasses? Thatís great. Need a new hip, knees, kidney, lungs or heart? Theyíre all covered.

As an added bonus, your kids can come and visit you as often as they do now.

And who will be paying for all of this? Itís the same government that just told you that you they cannot afford for you to go into a home.

And you can get rid of 4 useless politicians while you are at it.

Plus, and because you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any income taxes anymore.
Is this a great country or what?

FullClip
12-02-2012, 10:13
Despite "Global Warming" the Penobscot River still freezes up every winter. Just load up the old folks on the ice about mid-March and send them on an "ocean cruise" when it breaks up and heads downstream.:upeyes: (110% sarcasm, so please don't be offended)

I like your idea, and it's sad state of affairs that prisoners get better treatment than law abiding old folks. In Mass, they are even gonna' pay for a sex change operation for some sick-o that is in the slammer for life.:steamed:

podwich
12-02-2012, 11:48
Don't worry. That part of government will run out of money as well.

JohnBT
12-02-2012, 13:52
"New Medicare Program

You're a sick senior citizen and the government says there is no nursing home available for you."

That happens now if the beds are full, but it isn't the government's fault. The average Medicare-paid stay - after surgery for instance - is about 3 weeks the last time I looked.

Medicare has never provided money for long-term nursing home care.

Medicaid has, but they don't pay enough and beds can be hard to come by. And you have to be broke to qualify.

John

ken grant
12-02-2012, 15:01
Just wait until Obamacare kicks in and see what happens to Medicare. It already cuts out a lot of funding while leaving Medicaid alone.
Even now people on Medicaid has it better than the ones on Medicare.

Between OBAMACARE and OBAMA-NOMICS, the USA is in a world of hurt.

fx77
12-02-2012, 15:06
Medicare rates for 2 years under Obamacare, then drops...to what? Probably Medicaid rates...

Baba Louie
12-02-2012, 15:07
Medicare has never provided money for long-term nursing home care. Uh, John... I'm thinking it was a pretty funny joke. Of sorts.

Then again it DOES sound like a plan. Not a great plan, but a plan. :whistling:

I always thought the old Post Office hold up using a toy gun with a copy of that book, whats it again, Catcher in the Rye? Yeah thats it, Do the deed then wait outside reading til the coppers show up. :rofl:

Of course there' always Bubba your cellmate "wife" to deal with later... so maybe a no-go. :dunno: